One chef's social experiment: Charge minorities $12, white people $30

One chef's social experiment: Charge minorities $12, white people $30

>Tunde Wey's lunch counter/sociology experiment at the Roux Carre market in New Orleans, and — if you're white — you'll have a decision to make.

>And it's not just whether you want to try his jollof rice or his fried plantains. Wey serves his Nigerian food with a lesson about racial wealth disparity: The median income among African-American households in New Orleans is only $25,806, compared to $64,377 for white households. According to the Urban Institute, the national average wealth of white families is $919,000, while the average wealth of black families is $140,000. Wey will share some stats with his customers, and then he'll tell them the price of their lunch.

>If they're a person of color, they pay $12. If they're white, he'll tell them they can either pay $12, or they can pay $30 — two and a half times the base price, which reflects the wealth disparity in New Orleans. He tells them the profits will be redistributed to people of color, but not as charity — just to any minority customers of his who want it, regardless of their income or circumstance.

>"When I tell black folks what's happening, 90 percent of them start laughing, like, 'For real?' They're tickled," he said. "White folks, there's this blank — " he paused and laughed, "— this blank look. They're like, 'Huh, okay.'"

>Initially, he expected that few white people would pay the $30.

>"I thought, if given the chance to voluntarily give up privilege, folks would not because it is not in their interest," he said. But he was wrong: So far, more than 80 percent of white customers have opted to pay the higher price, and Wey realized that he had been underestimating the power of social pressure.

>"If I created the framework where I outline a problem that is indisputable, and I position you as an antagonist, and I give you a way to solve the problem tidily and be the hero — in the moment, anything other than the $30 choice becomes antisocial behavior," he said. Social pressure also explained why the handful of white people who decided to pay the $12 did so with apologies, trying to justify their choice. "That explained to me why the folks who refused to pay the $30 were equivocating, because they understood that they were participating in antisocial behavior."

>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN
>THATS NICE SHITJEET BERY BERRY GOOD SHITJEET

They should be shot. Everyone involved.
But thats just an opinion

So he is driving away the people who actually pay for food.

Can Niggers do anything right?

Guess I won’t be eating there.

Isn't this really illegal?

yes

This was done before and better.

this guy is begging to be sued for millions

I hate niggers and white cucks like that so much

Look at this "shop". I highly doubt he has been in business for more than a year, and I highly doubt more than 5 white people have ever purchased food there.

B A K E

T
H
E

C A K E

Hire a female redskin to walk off with her inventory then set up your own bake sale right next to them and refuse to sell to non whites.

so a native american women could just take everything for free

im a native american women. fuck off for assuming my gender and race. so glad the left is so inconsistently retarded

>I thought, if given the chance to voluntarily give up privilege, folks would not because it is not in their interest
Idiot don't get that he gave up his dignity, and whites just got more privilege.

>antisocial
>for wanting the same fair price across the board

>these agreeable idiots would pay more than double the price out of a sense of arbitrarily imposed guilt

Fucking pathetic. That said he probably didn't account for the number of customers he lost due to this.

>minorities $12
>virtue signallers $34
real whites won't go anywhere near that place.

how about $0?

he can shove his mudpies and baked rats up his crusty ebola hole.

>Charge minorities $12, white people $30

White people are a minority in New Orleans.

t. Louisiana native

Isn’t that illegal though?

great place to go with a baseball bat and just swing away. nothing worth saving.

>white people in New Orleans
????????????????????????????????????

>whites always at the top

Wonder if jews pay 18 or 30?

12 i mean

>He tells them the profits will be redistributed to people of color, but not as charity
Make sure they also redistribute inter-racial crime. that means 25*25=625 times as many black people have to be murdered than they are now.

Kek'd hard at this.

>Tunde Wey
does he kno de wey?

"80% of white customer opted to pay the higher price"...

Very unscientific...

This does not mean that more business was done...

For arguments sake...

Lets say 50 white people went to his shop. Normally he would have sold to all of the $12. He makes $600. Good business for the day.

Now lets say that the same 50 people go to the shop the next day when this so called "experiment" takes place. 45 of the fifty white people walk away saying "It's okay to be white".

That leaves him with 5 "white" customers. 1 is a Jew, and is not going to refuse the discount, but is also hungry. So that one pays 12 bucks. The other 4 "white people"... well 2 of them are a news reporters, and camera man covering this at the cost of the station so they figure whatever... Then the other 2 white people are just retarded SJW.

So 4 sales made at 30 for 120 dollars plus 12 dollars = $132 in business... Much less than the previous $600.

So when he says "80% of white customers paid the privilege price" this does not mean that the same number of white people participated.

>social experiment

A common term to cover up for being an asshole

Show redskin tits or get the fuck out.

Stuff like this is good entry-level redpills for any libs in your sphere.

Remember about libs, they love social justice, but only if someone else is paying for it, "the rich." When they see the barrel of the gun pointed at themselves like this, they will have a different reaction.

You'll turn moderates with this, but it'll take a lot more to undo the brainwashing on today's modern liberal.

Considering they gave everything away for free, I doubt they're capable of making that decision.

pay up white peeps...stop acting like you don't know what this is really about

hey, lets demand bullshit gender pay gap, but it's okay to discriminate based on race..

Walmart is already doing this.

>pay up white peeps...stop acting like you don't know what this is really about
You pieces of shit wanting even more free money that you didn't earn?
Revolution needs to hurry the fuck up before I'm too old to break some heads.

She really wanted to meet a native american woman that day for liberal status points.

>Elizabeth Warren walks up to that stall...

Awkward.

Jews go into the oven.

Rev up those health department reports boys

Just say you saw roaches or same them handling food barehanded.

They will not be able to prove it did not happen.

yo fat ass aint finna do shit by piss your pants when I step to put these paws on yo mug

you cracka need some correcting...y'all dem lost your motherfucking minds

i wish a nigga would...

This kids, is what a faggot larping as a nigger, larping as a thug looks like. lol dumbfuck.

He's coping the cashiers that ask for charity at the register and I have no trouble saying no to them.

The only white people that eat at nigger shops in nigger neighborhoods in new orleans are leftist hippie 20 year old faggots. Half of them will never own homes and the other half will be murdered by the niggers in the nigger neighborhoods they frequent

He doesnt have millions you retard

Jews dont live near their pets

You're misunderstanding them. The white baby doll costs more because even minority parents pick up the white doll. The demand for "white" dolls means that they can charge 2x the price of a darker skin doll.

This shit is laughable. Only the greatest of self-hating white sjw cucks would even bother going there. Who the fuck throws away money?

>12? How can you expect me to pay 10 dollars for this 7 dollar meal? I'll give you 5 and not a penny more you anti-semite!

Call it a social experiment all you want, i call it racist.

How is this legal?

So can brown people walk across the border of the window and get their own food?

Yes it dimiscrimination. Its also why you cannot charge men LESS for haircuts than women in the US so they now do it based on length.

Mate if you look at the picture the prices are the same, whoever took it is pointing at the part where it says 5 pieces, the white one only has four.
I dunno why

Because it's shopped