Dragonball Super

I saw this fight today and HOLY SHIT is it amazing. It's been half an hour and my heart is still beating. This is certainly the fight of the year, if not the decade. I just hope Toei doesn't ruin this in the next episodes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0iFBXjRbVl0
youtube.com/watch?v=EUU9Qew-74Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was ok, felt like vegito part 2 with how much hype they gave his new form and only having him in for one episode. Didn't even get the kill

youtube.com/watch?v=0iFBXjRbVl0

>It's been half an hour and my heart is still beating.
That's good user.

kys dbs fags

your show still sucks balls

Have you considered that people can enjoy something knowing full well that it's trash?

>It's been half an hour and my heart is still beating.
So you didn't kill yourself after watching? Guess that's a new record for Super.

Yes, they are called plebs. Kys.

I hate how Billis the motherfucking god of DESTRUCTION will soon be nothing more than a stupid side character who jobs like all the others.

literally nothing in this world has any meaning but a bunch of things are still enjoyable for a lot of people, do you still have that feeling sometimes or are you completely lost friend?

THERE IS ALREADY A FUCKING DBS THREAD

People have no taste. And I say this unironically.

They want something that makes them feel good fast and then be done with it. The truth is that many people are not interested enough to fall in love with this medium.

They don't love anime and they don't want to.
The majority of this board is content with the consumerist Otaku culture that people like Miyazaki despise, and with reason. Modern Otaku don't seek culture or understanding, they want to consume the cheap happiness that so many shows sell to them, but the truth is that you can never get enough of what you don't need.

I don't want to disprove any person's enjoyment, but I want them to understand the source their longing. Maybe then you can learn something about yourself too.

Let's be honest here: Limit Breaker Goku isn't (storytellingwise) the same thing as Super Saiyan. During the entire Namek saga the Super Saiyan was harped on about and foreshadowed time and again as the ultimate warrior, the one thing that Frieza feared so much it drove him to the extermination of the Saiyan race. Then Goku proves to be that legendary Super Saiyan and whoops Frieza's ass.

The ToP saga is almost the opposite: Jiren is the one who has been hyped up as the best thing since sliced toast since before the tournament even began. He's been hyped up since the fight between Goku and Toppo. Him being beaten after getting serious for the first time (on screen) would've been more disappointing than Goku being beaten after pulling a new transformation out of his ass. It's also pretty obvious that sooner or later (probably during this very tournament) Goku will better master his limit breaker form.

DBS overall is shit, but that doesn't stop this specific fight from being hype as fuck.

Telling people to kill themselves over what shows they choose to watch, regardless of quality, is pretty pathetic. Are you simply repeating "kys" over and over again because your inner voice keeps repeating it to you? Because that's what it looks like from where I'm sitting.

>Bill(i)s

>Bawww why is character who does nothing but sleep gets outclassed after 100 fucking episodes
WORK OF GODS ENDS HERE

unironically go neck yourself famalam

When I want something with more meat, I'll grab a Masaaki Yuasa series or something. Getting some enjoyment, even if based primarily on nostalgia and the quality of the soundtrack (seriously, listen to the music during this fight. So good), is entirely my prerogative.

Reminder that jobbing transcends timelines.

>DBS overall is shit
I disagree wildly.
Okay, the first two arcs were shit. Won't defend them at all.
But after they were over, there was a big jump in quality and its been steadily improving since.

The Universe 6 Tournament, was okay, the Zamasu arc was good and the Universe Survival Arc has been consistently fun and enjoyable.

>Bills
I still people still calling him this/
Is it just trolling?

Surely nobody is dumb enough not to see Beerus and Whis are references to beer and whisky? And that all of the other GoDs follow that same pattern?

A saiyan vs a god
A GOD
AN ACTUAL GOD

>the Zamasu arc was good

1. It's Beerus.
2.No he won't.

Blooma is a reference to Bloomers but everyone calls her "Bulma"

it was hype but i wouldn't call this a "fight"...

Should I start watching with the sub or dub?

Sub.

Super Saiyan Ultimate Gohan merch leak

I thought it was decent at best. New forms are just not cool, Goku gets faster and stronger until the next enemy when he can't be faster and stronger so he needs more power.

I like new techniques more, and by new techniques I don't mean another beam I mean something different.

>The team seven

That's a problem with dragonball in general, doesn't detract from this fight being good in isolation.

Sub for sure.

Whis 15
Jiren 12
Beerus 10
Pre-US Goku 7.5
This seem accurate?

>watches anime
>thinking he has the right to call others plebs

>if not the decade
It was hype but it was not THAT good. The animation and choreography were still shit

i have to agree, they were not fighting they were just exchanging fists.
dumb faggot

Depends. Beerus might actually be stronger than Jiren because we don't know how he stacks upto the clown.

Seems about right, sure.

I'd land UI Goku at an 11.

Read the manga

How the fuck is Quitela so calm?There is one fighter who an angel has confirmed to be at least GoD tier,and another who suddenly used a GoD-tier technique to its fullest.What kind of gimmick do his hidden fighters have?
pls no bully I just don't want the arc to be ruined even more by U4 having a massive asspull

>Goku's always advancing
>everyone else gets left behind
Every time.

They should have kept the super saiyan blue for later desu.
The super saiyan god form was used on only 1 arc while the blue form for like 3

Jiren is still weaker than Beerus.

Would Limit Break Freezer be stronger than Bills?

>mc is the strongest
ex d

When is my man YamCHAD gonna get a fight?

Why speculate when we could just find out what happens?

You use the word god like it's supposed to mean more then it is in dragon ball.
Kami was god of earth, look how strong he is. Supreme kais were godlike beings early in DBZ, look how strong they are.
The title of god in DB is just a rank in it's universe reserved for someone who can properly fill the position.
Does not mean they are supposed to be some ultimate being.

Reminder toriyama does not storyboard super

Didn't they say that Jiren was equal to a GoD?

It was just the introduction of the new form.
The mastery of it is gonna be KINO.

Ignore Beerusfags.

>believing in gossips and rumors

Is Limit Breaker really any stronger or does it just make movement much more efficient?
Also, isn't this whole
>empty your mind so your mind and body can move as one
shit the EXACT same shit he mastered when training with Popo and Kami like 30 years ago?

He was stronger than his own GoD, who is significantly weaker than Beerus if the manga is any indication.

Do people just forget that Beerus can use Ultra Instinct too?

>Is Limit Breaker really any stronger or does it just make movement much more efficient?
same thing

beerus is one of the strongest gods tho

>casually tosses aside Toppo like garbage in his base form
Gee I wonder if Goku's stronger or not

>base form

Whis - 150
Beerus - 120
Jiren - 110
Ultra Instinct Goku - 95
SSB Goku - 4

whats the deal with kaioken x20 anways

>The Universe 6 Tournament, was okay
It was okay by DBS standards. It's shit if you want any semblance of quality.
>the Zamasu arc was good
It was decent, there finally was something actually at stake and Goku getting his ass whooped was refreshing. The end with Zeno just deleting the entirety of reality in that timeline felt incredibly cheap and negated all of that.
>the Universe Survival Arc has been consistently fun and enjoyable
The actual tournament is uninspired and bland as fuck. Instead of actually getting a nice battle royal, which is an interesting take you haven't seen in DB yet and don't see too often in general, we got episode after boring episode of 1v1 fights. The only good part was Goku vs Jiren.
In fact, the best episodes to come out of DBS so far are the SoL ones before the tournament.

Gouk was x20 his usual SSB power, and even that was not enough to do a damn thing to Jiren

>Whis 150
>Beerus 120

>hair the same color and shape
it's base form except he gains angel eyes and an aura
if anything it's like kaioken

>Beerus can use Ultra Instinct too
Yeah an imperfect version of it. Goku used a perfected version for a short while and even that was only able to fight on par with a Jiren that was still holding back.

KK doesn't actually do anything

Jiren isn't stronger than Beerus. Whis and Beerus would comment on it if he was. Jiren is stronger than his GoD, but the clown probably is much weaker than Beerus.

>Goku perfects UI
>can only speak with the Black cadence when in UI mode

>Goku used a perfected version
[citation needed], Pedro.

>even that was only able to fight on par with a Jiren that was still holding back.
Because Goku is still a weak piece of shit in terms of powerlevel. "Perfect dodging" doesn't matter when your punches don't fucking do anything even when you get one in.

Beerus wojak when?

>He was stronger than his own GoD
>Jiren is stronger than his GoD

Is that ever outright stated? it was stated that his power might surpass that of the gods, but I don't think it's ever flat-out said that he's stronger than his own GoD.

Zeno-999 (level cap)
SSJ4 Gogeta-200
Omega Shenron-160
Whis-150
Beerus-130
Jiren-125
SSJ4 Goku-125
Clown-120
SSJ4 Vegeta-110
UI Goku-100
Pre-UI Goku-70
Vegeta-65
Frieza-55
Ultimate Gohan-40

I have a friend who works for Toei and he texted me this.
-john

It's not stated, but at the same time I doubt they'll go back and say it wasn't actually Jiren anyways.

Arale-1000

>Then Goku proves to be that legendary Super Saiyan and whoops Frieza's ass.
but that's wrong, goku died to 100% frieza, only after the dragonball wish to revive everyone did goku manage to win as frieza was out of stamina at that point.

>>SSJ4
Go away, Umberto.

>all these Beerus fags

Beerus had shivers down the spine all the time, realizing there are beings out there , except for Angels, who are way more capable than him.

Jiren is stronger than Beerus.

You can tell John to stick that up his ass

where's gohan blanco and el grande padre?

it means they're immortal

Read the manga, retard.

>piccolo is not there
It hurts bros

I am already sure I will like Anime Jiren way more than the manga counterpart.

In the manga he won't be that strong.

Post Gohan Calvo edits. Need to fill my folder

>I don't think it's ever flat-out said that he's stronger than his own GoD.
it hasn't been. and is very unlikely as jiren is clearly being controlled by the clown

>ssj4
>j
>vegeta>GODza
Get out.

I know the fedora meme is dead but man that is one big fedorapost.
you sound like a redditor trying to tell me how smart rick and morty is

That's been Dragonball since Z, especially post-Cell: if you're not a Saiyan, you might as well not exist. Anyone who's on par with the Saiyans will soon be left in the dirt.

The last time all the Z-warriors were relevant was the Saiyan saga. The problems started with the massive power creep on Namek, meaning that anyone who wasn't on Namek (read: all humans except Krillin) were left in the dust. Before Goku went to Namek, he was the strongest on earth with a power level of 9000 + Kaioken shenanigans. A big but managable gap for guys like Tien. When he came back his power level was in the millions. Tien's hopes of ever being relevant (outside of tribeaming a big bugman for a few seconds) died right there.

>implying that's relevant

Sorrow found me when I was young,
Sorrow waited, sorrow won.

You're making a lot of assumptions and seemingly getting disheartened by it. Days can be rough for people. Sometimes you want to sit down with something with more substance. Other times you want something pretty basic. That's why this show gets views for the most part. It's familiar enough, it's stupid and everyone knows it, but it isn't very demanding of the viewer. It's just something to unwind with. The reality is that people probably watch more than one anime if they're on Sup Forums. There's nothing keeping them from watching all the greats or the latest season bests on TOP of watching garbage like Super. Everyone's different. People relax in their own ways. Don't let the traffic in these threads get you thinking that all everyone does is watch Super. Sure, some may be like that but I guarantee the majority in these threads watch a lot of other stuff. Besides, you can watch Super and love the medium. It got a lot of people into caring about animation since it was so glaringly flawed early on. Suddenly the random schmuck has a passing interest in what goes into the process and sometimes gets informed. That's a good way to fall for the medium.

youtube.com/watch?v=EUU9Qew-74Q
Fuck the dub and fuck Faulconer's shitty music.

I don't recall anywhere in DB that gods were immortal.
But if the supreme kais relative to that gods universe were killed, they also die. So if they were immortal it would be like "half immortal" I guess.

>Burgers think Dragon Ball is American

>Calls others plebs
>Types out "kill yourself" as an abbreviation
Underage Plebbit retard detected.

funny

Not round enough.

Calm down weebs.

this

the whole new transformation feels like a giant asspull because they need to powercreep, there isn't any history or meaning, it's just a numbers game to keep retards watching

How come when Frieza was reivived, he was in tons of little pieces and had to be put back to together, but when all the Namekians were revived they were in one piece, despite this bodies being blown up?