Tfw no sports anime for at least a year

>tfw no sports anime for at least a year
t-they will make a good sports anime next year r-right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z0u_jQ-fLr8
youtube.com/watch?v=-ROvJtstemo
animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-10-08/major-2nd-manga-has-important-announcement-on-october-18/.122453
soz.matchupp.com/?p=11706
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2017
>sport

There is 0 chance of Ippo getting another season, the manga is going to shit, Yagi and Kamogawa no longer have their original voices and Madhouse clearly don't want to make another season

Isn't japan hosting the next olympic games? we will probably get a bunch of Toei cheap quality anime eventually.

>sports anime
Who gives a shit when sports manga exists?

haikyuu is pretty nice but sightly gay (like all sport anime)

Inazuma Eleven AU without the shit like Keshins should be next year unless delayed again, so there's something to look forward to.

You missed it.

Based Kinema Citrus will deliver next year

Let's be real. The only sports anime that are viable nowadays have fujos as their main demographic

Why why why why I want to die. FEELING OVER!

this

Ballroom is airing.

When are they making a MMA anime

>He doesn't know

Sports anime of this when

probably never

Does Grappler Baki count?

youtube.com/watch?v=z0u_jQ-fLr8

what about this?

This anime was so bad you should be ashamed to post it.

>Racing
>A sport

youtube.com/watch?v=-ROvJtstemo

>this
>not a sport

end yourself

>Yfw the Guevara fight

It isn't, you've probably never seen a sports in your life apart from anime so it's useless to debate here.

racing takes more energy and a bigger toll on the body as tossing shit or jumping into a sand-pit.

Aside from requiring more determination of course.

Utterly retarded like Ippo's brain after this series is over.

Hinomaru anime when?

>Ippo has been doing the Dempsey Roll for like, two decades now
The Dempsey Roll honestly ruined Ippo.

I stopped reading it after that bullshit defeat against the number 2 of the world. did it get better?

It honestly did. Ippo turned form a boxer who learns knew things with each fight and widened his repertoire of attacks into
"I MUST USE THE DEMPSEY. IT'S THE ONLY ATTACK I HAVE. EVEN IF I GET MY SKULL CAVED IN I JUST NEED TO USE THE DEMPSEY TO WIN"

When Ippo lost against the number 2 in the featerweight? That was when the manga hit it's all time low. It went into an arc about Ippo maybe having brain damage for 2 years in which he was banned from any boxing related activity while they kept hinting at Ippo being brain damaged and it ultimately amounted to nothing besides Ippo somehow now being strong enough to use the New Dempsey because he used ankle and wrist weights like Sendo did decades ago

Apparently Yagi got replaced in S2 and the S2 one is the one who died. Nekota is the one who died and has always been around and they fucking replaced the commentator for no reason in S3.

>not watching the SAOTY Ballroom e Youkoso

We're also now currently in one of the worst fights of the series. It's Ippo's first fight in 2 years and it was supposed to just be a fight where Ippo completely curb stomped some fodder level character to show what a monster he has become before he takes on the world again. But Morikawa is a jew and has been dragging it on for months and Ippo has attempted to use the new dempsey at least 3 times now and failed every time despite pulling it off first try in the gym without even knowing what he was doing.
And Guevara managed to get a pretty heavily damaging down on Ippo and now Ippo could actualy lose the fight against this fodder level fighter

There's a sports anime airing right now, you're just too much of a faggot to watch it.

Might as well just end it.

>Butchered adaptation of a subpar manga
I'll pass.

>It's Ippo's first fight in 2 years
anime only fag here, how old is he in the manga?

desu I'm kinda disappointed in the dance animations but the rest is fine

>subpar manga
No wonder you like Ippo

I mean 2 years in our time. 2 real life years have passed without Ippo doing any boxing related activity. In a boxing fucking manga

I lost interest in Ippo fights slowly after the second Sendo fight, where he peaked for me. Dropped not long after. Only gets worse? Sucks man. I'll always remember that perfect combination that brought in everything Ippo learned and the old man's foreshadowed advice.

>Had written up a huge wall of text of a bunch of shit about Ippo
>Power fucking went out
Fuck it.
Kamogawa's a goddamn failure of a coach on all fronts.
Ippo never uses his lethal as fuck jabs.
Ippo hasn't learned anything new in decades
Ippo is still and will always be the Cheese Champion.
Kumi is worst fucking girl.
Takamura's a piece of shit for suddenly thinking he can be taken serious and getting mad at Ippo for not wanting to give up a bit of humanity or whatever the FUCK that whole shit was about.
The series just needs to fucking die already because it's painful at this point. If you recommend Ippo to someone, make sure to tell them to just read up until he becomes the Featherweight Champ of Japan/watch the first 76 episodes. You're saving that person from disappointment otherwise.

>Ippo came out when Mike Tyson was still Iron Mike
>when Pacquiao and Mayweather were like 10

How does a boxing series warrant a 1000 chapters anyway? This really doesn't need more than a few hundred chapters at most.

You can't learn that much in boxing. Ippo was always a slow boxer who had a really strong hit but nothing else. Under the belt he's shit and any boxing aficionado knows that's where most of the real stuff comes from.

At this point we just need a new manga focusing entirely on Takamura getting the rest of the world titles.

This thread will have more replies than this show BD sales.

>How does a boxing series warrant a 1000 chapters anyway?
Because it's popular and makes the mangaka money.

I know, but there's so many Dempsey Rolls that it's enough to make anyone's head spin. Ippo's brain keeps on rattling away while we suffer from watching his boring as shit fights. Did Ippo REALLY need to fucking lose again?

Honestly just watch Takamuras fights. Takamuras fights are fucking amazing and blow every Ippo fight except the second Sendo fight out of the water

When's the next season of Haikyuu?

It can't come soon enough. Sadly though it will never be the same without Ukai's original Seiyuu

Actually, Ippo is still set in the 1990s. Note the lack of cellphones.

I meant when it debuted not it's actual setting, though yeah, it just feels weird knowing it came out a time when many boxing legends were still kids or when tyson was in his prime still.

Yeah it's weird to some. But it's Simpsons tier at best.

It's currently set around the time of Oscar Dela Hoya but before Roy Jones Jr.

Because it's like a tenured job for the mangaka.

Had he pulled a Watsuki, he might've ended up going back to the series as a reboot/sequel anyway down the line because its the only series he works best at.

Whats wrong with Tiger Mask?

Yeah I looked up again, and this came out right before Tyson's first loss to Buster Douglas.

I distinctly remember a possibility that Love Live shit will be on stage at the olympics. I will literally die of laughter if that actually happens.

What did Morikawa mean by this?

would have been good to see him go up against the mexican champ

I'm sad Teppu ended so soon.
Natsume is my waifu.

ugh dude theres haikyuu
also when will ippo continue?

we had the best sports anime in ages last year, its not that old

>Wrasling
>Sport

Pick one and only one.

INFINITE DEMPSEY.

hoping for something for the 50th birthday of the ashita no joe manga

Tiger Mask W was unironically awesome

Come on boy, you still have oxygen in your muscles.

If you don't count most of the fillers, which are like 20 episodes.

>Literally ass vs tits

You can't get better than this.

>not simply doing a Gazelle punch to mix up your predictable Dempsey Roll
>had to add this retarded moebius strip shit to it

>will they make a good sports anime next year?
Baki is coming out next year.

In the current Ippo fight, Ippo is getting beaten so hard that the Coach tells him to not use the new version of the Dempsey Roll on which he had been working, and to simply focus on winning. Ippo gets upset that Kamogawa doesn't trust him to win, and mindlessly launches into a powerless and exhibitionist version of the new Dempsey which does next-to-nothing to his opponent (something which even the audience notices), but Ippo is super proud that he got to show it off to his coach.

That is how far down the "the Dempsey Roll is the only weapon Ippo has" path that George has gone. That is how far gone, mentally, that Ippo is.

Gaaaaay

animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-10-08/major-2nd-manga-has-important-announcement-on-october-18/.122453

I just hope it's not a video game or something.

I really hope these are fake spoilers.

soz.matchupp.com/?p=11706
>「新型にこだわるな」
I never lie.

Never because it's about as real as wrestling, hell, they legitimately do crossover events with WWE all the time.

>Watching an anime intended for fujoshi and literal faggots
>Posting it in a sports thread

I love you

days is good

After this fight I hope we get Sendo vs Cheeseman

>tfw no sports anime for at least a year
What the fuck are you on about? Do you not watch anime, or are you using "sports anime" to mean "sports anime that I like"?

>Kamogawa stops disciplining Ippo after he becomes the Featherweight Champ
>Kamogawa stops telling Ippo to use his fucking jabs once he acquires the Dempsey Roll
>Ippo's Dempsey Roll has so many fucking holes in it but apparently people are scared of fighting him despite the fact that he's literally ruining his body just to keep it going
>Kamogawa puts him right back in the ring like a month after Ippo decides he's walked off having brain damage, despite still getting hit by Guevara's pussy jabs
Kamogawa is such a fucking hopeless failure of a coach. Wish this old man would die already.

>tfw no Yowamushi Pedal til next year
Just

He's an even worse trainer than Danpei, which really says something, because whenever shit takes a turn for the worse Danpei gets depressed, gives up, tells Joe to give up, and relapses into alcoholism.
But at the very least despite being a worthless coach with emotional issues, he still tries to actually teach Joe a sensible approach to each fight (Even if half the time Joe ignores him) and actively argues with Joe all the time to not block punches with his face and not swing for the fences with every punch.

Kamogawa on the other hand seems to abandon all logic and reasoning in the middle of fights and instead of telling Ippo to, i dunno, move his fucking head and jab like he was taught (Like other great pressure fighters), he instead just essentially tells Ippo to fight with his heart because he refuses to instill any technical knowledge in his own fighter. It pisses me off even more when he just stands there, starstruck at what to do, and then feels sorry for himself at how he's a bad coach.

>no retarded fujobikes until next year
Literally who cares?

Did someone say Dempsey Roll?

Is that the audience for Yowamushi Pedal? I've been wondering for quite some time about who the fuck would follow something that stupid.

Don't forget Takamura constantly babying Kamogawa and getting fucking furious at Ippo despite Takamura being nothing more than a joke character, in which the fact that he doesn't lose is essentially the entire joke. The shit between Gonzales and Guevara honestly made me hate Takamura, and that's really fucking shitty.

>If you continue to fight like you did tonight, you'll become punch drunk before you know it!
Why the fuck didn't Joe just listen to Danpei?
64 chapters in he immediately realized the problem, lectured Joe on it, continued to lecture Joe on it, but Joe just wasn't having it.

Danpei would have actually been a decent coach if it weren't for the fact that he was an alcoholic with temperament issues and if he didn't have a boxer who was hell bent on getting himself killed.

Thank goodness this scene showed the insect right beforehand or I would have never gotten the deep symbolism hurrrrr

If I like the first 76 episodes of Ippo (You know, the only ones that matter), should I watch Ashita no Joe?

So the problem is not that it got worse but that is still the same shit? I just finished the first season today for the first time and while I did enjoyed it felt really repetitive. I don't see how the Dempsey Roll spam could make it any worse.

>>I don't see how the Dempsey Roll spam could make it any worse.
No, see, you don't get it. It's quite literally THE ONLY THING he does.

Calm your shit, the obnoxiousness of the Dempsey doesn't even start until Ippo's final match in season 3

I wouldn't know, it's hard to compare the whole of Hajime no Ippo to Ashita no Joe, because despite both being boxing anime/manga they do completely separate things.
While Hajime no Ippo is mainly about boxing itself, Ashita no Joe is more of a slow burning character drama that focuses more on boxing as time goes on, hence it takes 32 episodes for Joe's first professional bout -- not because it's paced badly or anything, but more because it's not really focused on boxing initially, but more on developing the characters before they even step into the ring.

So if you don't mind it primarily being a character drama, sports anime second, then you might want to give it a try.

ippo is shit

>tfw no TSU anime