Are you ready for your Amazon delivery cuck shed, Sup Forums?

Are you ready for your Amazon delivery cuck shed, Sup Forums?
amazon.com/MODS-40-Foot-Tiny-Home/dp/B073FZ8PP9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520575645&sr=8-1&keywords=mods tiny

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/MODS-40-Foot-Tiny-Home/dp/B073FZ8PP9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520575645&sr=8-1&keywords=mods tiny
archon.pl/projekty-domow/projekt-dom-w-kuklikach-ver-2-m5fa2048aa2671
xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=81000&From=PLN&To=USD
housesforsalelists.com/property/florida-moore-haven-33471-1380-river-rd-sw/
londonist.com/london/housing/what-s-it-like-to-live-in-a-shipping-container#disqus_thread
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tell me why i shouldn't buy a motorhome instead?

$36k is literally a joke, I doubt they expect anybody to buy one. They might become reasonable at like $2k/$3k though.

+$4k shipping

>$36k for that

Christ, just buy a fucking mobile home.

t-thanks mr.bezos... s-sir

I'd pay 5-6k in total even if I just used it for an office or some shit

There's is no way. A raw container will be 2k alone,

I just bought one

Containers are 12k a piece, make it DIY and stack them mad max style.
Base cost to build per container:

There are two standard sizes for shipping containers: 20 x 8 x 8 ft. covering a surface of 160 sq. ft. and 40 x 8 x 8 with a surface of 320 sq. ft. A used 20-footer costs anywhere between $1,400 and $2,800, whereas a 40-footer costs $3,500 – $4,500. You will also have to pay for labor (about $50-$150 per hour) and for the modifications needed to make the container livable. Expect to pay at least $10,000 for labor, more likely $15,000.

If you are planning to design and build your very own shipping container home, then it’s important to note that in many cases it may be necessary to provide a site plan to obtain various home building permits from your city hall or township. You can turn to 24h Plans to get a custom site plan drawing prepared for your dream home in less than 24 hours by our team of experienced architects and drafters. Use the promotion code: 24hplans-20off to get a 20% discount off any package. — Please note this is a limited time offer, exclusive to the readers of our blog. This offer is not being advertised anywhere else.

There are prefabricated shipping container houses sold for as little as $15,000
Pic related.

I want to live in a box that can be sealed from the outside

You dont get it. You will never own land or a house. You call it a cuck shed because you are the cuck.

just wait its coming

Whats coming is there are entire generations whom will never pay you xnigra bucks for yer fiber board montana shit shacks. Muh house resale value, muh retirement plan, fuck you not buying yer houses. Let them rot.

Muh curb appeal, muh dry wall, muh open floor plan, muh remodel. Fuck you.

>amazon.com/MODS-40-Foot-Tiny-Home/dp/B073FZ8PP9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520575645&sr=8-1&keywords=mods tiny

Yeah for the price you can get a very nice motor home, has engine can move., I mean fiuck it why not.

I could live in one of these. I like small comfy homes. You can't get permission for that though. Lots of us would and own our own homes and the gov would hate that. Instead they want you to work all your life paying off a home and want to increase house prices so most of your income goes on it and that's all you do in life. Be a home slave.

I always wanted to get like 30 containers, dig a big fucking hole, instant underground bunker.

Muh reverse mortgage, muh special retirement center, muh social security.

Burn in hell mother fuckers. You greedy old bastards have doomed yer own blood to poverty and homelessness.

36k? That's unreasonable. Good lord, it's a fucking storage container. Not only can you buy an RV for far less money, you could build a modest home for less. And if you really wanted to be cheap, you can build yourself a one room log cabin for free. Other than the chisels, and saws you need. There are loads of videos and books on how to build a cabin solo. One season to get the wood and let it dry, one season to build it, if you got the balls.

I could buy a yurt for half of the price.

That is just a 40 foot shipping container. Cheap cunts could have at least went with the 53 footers.

The $60k ones that aren't containers are a lot nicer. Buy a few acres in the country and you have a movable house for $80k. Although a used mobile home would be much cheaper and bigger, only like $30k or less

That's the way in the US except our slave shacks are a bit more spacious than those of Europe. You also get a few square meters of useless dirt that you will be required to farm and tend like a plantation, except it confers precisely zero value to your shack, only costs time and money, a further opportunity for seed, fertilizer, and lawn-toy businesses.

Reminder that containers are a shit
>cant bury them
>annoying to transport because empty inside while transporting for the most part
>painted/treated with nasty shit
>expensive
>not bullet proof
>bitch to insolate
CMU or ICF is the true happening bunker/happening home material.
If youre a poorfag l2 $50 underground house.pdf or use wood and berm it.
>You also get a few square meters of useless dirt that you will be required to farm and tend like a plantation, except it confers precisely zero value to your shack, only costs time and money, a further opportunity for seed, fertilizer, and lawn-toy businesses.
Landscape your house better.
Depending where you are you can probably get away with rocks/river stone which dont burn easily and are a good security measure.

They should be 15k max. You can buy much nicer mobile homes for 36k.

Can't bury shipping containers numbnuts. They're not designed to bear a load that way.

and its like 5 times the cost of pouring a real concrete bunker. Fabbed steel is expensive as fuck. Concrete is cheap as dirt.

People here make it sound like you can buy 50 acres of land in texas for 5k and then just drop any cabin you want on it. Yeah you live off grid but wont pay city taxes or anything. Surely that's BS and if not, yes there is not enough land here so it wont ever be an option. More and more people the higher and higher houses become.

Then you only have an option to rent, rich arabs and chinks buy the houses up so you have to rent from them forever as they get richer and richer.

Hundreds of years ago I guess you moved to empty land, built a house and that was it.

This why people have to suck their employers dick because they lose their homes if they don't.

>Concrete is cheap as dirt.
What are 12? Concrete is as expensive as all fuck. That's why organized crime is so attracted to the business.

>People here make it sound like you can buy 50 acres of land in texas for 5k and then just drop any cabin you want on it. Yeah you live off grid but wont pay city taxes or anything. Surely that's BS
Maybe not 50 acres for 5k but land in that cost bracket is going to be out west and generally be far away from a real job or civilization. You will also have the cost associated with running water, power, etc out there or dealing with your own grid

$250-$500 per acre is not uncommon in most parts of the USA for just raw shitty land. If you want something cozy it can be $1000-$infinity

This is a far cry from 1950's America. Our forefathers would Revolt again.

Once you own that land can you place a cabin on it and live there though or are there still regulations?

>Paying for labour

Haha what a joke, real white people put in their own time, effort and creativity to make their own housing.

Depends on the area. Lot of space out there is so remote that nobody cares. There are zoning regulations for houses most of the time (basic safety shit). But lots of people just build a garage and live in that.

Friend of mine has 140 acres that back up to national park. While its the middle of the desert it is near perfect seclusion and you can do basically anything you want (shoot guns, blow shit up, 4wheel, set shit on fire, etc) and nobody cares because your nearest neighbors are too far away/old/investment holdings. Downside is no power or water (aside from well) and it being 2 hours from the nearest gas station/3 hours from somewhere you can hold down a reasonable job. The place makes for fun weekends however and if something ever happened there is enough game, natural vegetation and timber to actually make a rough living out of the area

Said friend build a 20x10 steel "shed" and an outhouse without any permits or stupid shit like that. To get to it requires quite a bit of 4wheeling and the county (who would approve said permits) doesnt care.

>36k + 4k shipping
If you own a piece of land, you can get a modular house for almost half that prize:
archon.pl/projekty-domow/projekt-dom-w-kuklikach-ver-2-m5fa2048aa2671
xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=81000&From=PLN&To=USD

If you worked online and could could satellite internet then I guess it would be perfect. Stock up food for 6 weeks at a time. No such choices here.

If you want to save money and buy a cabin to live in, you have to be a millionaire first and plant it on your multi-million property if you want to live in it.

I'm stuck forever having to pay.

I lived in one of these for a 6mo contract job in Alberta a few years ago. Hot as a convection oven in the summer and you can literally fry eggs on the roof. In the winter, cold as all hell, throw water on the outside wall and it will freeze instantly. Standard insulation they got inside doesn't do shit. Still, company-paid room and board, saved up $100+k and got the fuck out before the oil crash.

Satellite internet sucks shit and you would need extremely robust generator+solar.

I have the option to work remote and as such im going to move to a small town somewhere rural and buy a reasonably priced small home in town. But at the same time buy 30-80acres in the mountains and use it as a retreat and slowly build a nice home on that, never a full time residence until retirement (at which point the small home becomes rental) but still a nice retreat for weekends/shtf.

>36k
Bullshit. I can build something much nicer for much less.
Just get a mobile home or motor home.
Actually, fuck both of those. Get a decent sailboat in the 30-40' range, learn how to sail like a white man and live aboard.

Well fuck.. I can't have any of that.. all I can hope for is that I don't get run down in the next attack.

Such is the harsh life of a Swede.

I've gotten containers for pretty cheap, even the 40 footers. They're great for semi-mobile shops.
I've got one in the back of my house with a few work benches I built into the walls.

Or just buy a furnished single-wide trailer for $20k-$30k

kys vapid namefag

$50,000 can get you this /comfy/ property in some shithole in rural central FL.

housesforsalelists.com/property/florida-moore-haven-33471-1380-river-rd-sw/

>florida
>foreclosure
>no internal pics
If youre fine scraping grandma off it and dealing with mold lol

>18k usd 44 m2
Literally half the money you'd need for that chinese container.

Since you mentioned desert, you could avoid satellite internet with a home made directional wifi antenna.
As long as you don't have trees in the way/have semi line of sight you can get pretty long range out of them (Longest I've seen is 125 miles using an old 12 foot diameter satilite dish with a DIY antenna in the middle).

If I really wanted to live in the desert I would put up a 20ft tower with a microwave point to point network. Even then its still less than ideal because you are paying for a tower lease (a house with internet or an easement) somewhere line of sight.

>If youre fine scraping grandma off it and dealing with mold lol

lol just get some injun to tear out the old drywall you could pay him in liquor or pills!

When a house sells for $2000/square foot, these cuck sheds seem real appealing

YOU GOT THE BALLS, QUAID? FUCK I WISH I COULD HAVE WRITTEN BALLS IN BOLD. U MONGREL HALF BLACK AMERICAN.

I WILL BUILD IT WITH MY DICK, FUCKING LOGS IN HALF, MAKING NAILS BY CHEWING STONES INTO IRON.

BALLS, U AINT GOT NONE SON!

>point to point microwave link
Nevermind you already know your shit. Figured I'd mention it, most people are unaware of that kind of stuff.

I bought a used shipping container (40ft) from the company I work for for 2.5k. I buried it in my backyard to use as a root cellar and double as a fallout bunker. Feelsgoodman.jpeg

30k to paint and cut a window in a 1k used shipping container.

Would live in that but finding a piece of land to legally place it on is the problem.

this is what i want in a few years once my kids are older, would be sick to have a place for weekends/school holidays where we can go fuck around close to nature with nobody around to bother us, shooting bunnies or riding dirt bikes or whatever

Hopefully it doesn't collapse and kill your ass

lol do you know how strong those things are?

$2k unit + 2k for delivery, paint it, throw in

>36k

HOLY FUCKKK LMAO
I can buy like 3 trailers for that price or a brand new manufactured home for that shit.

I can buy a 30 acre plot of land in Nevada with like 3 of these on there for less than that.

People live in these in London

londonist.com/london/housing/what-s-it-like-to-live-in-a-shipping-container#disqus_thread

fugg why buy finidged gondainer? jeeber to finidge embdy gondainer

Okay, this is super cute

B-but trailers are for white trash, discarded Chinese/Sri Lankan/Bangladeshi shipping containers are cool

Might have to steal this idea. How far did you bury it?

Jokes on you, I'm about to buy a 3bdr 2bath about an hour from LA for 200k, 1350 square feet and 7500 sqr ft lot space, and the home has been completely remodeled, new plumbing, electric wiring, paint and landscaping, with all hardwood floors throughout, a basement and an attic, as well as a huge backyard with 4 or 5 trees for shade.

Monthly mortgage will be about 700ish, factoring in utilities water garbage internet etc, maybe 900 a month. 900 bucks a month is fucking peanuts as far as living expenses are concerned.

I don't understand why you fags insist that we're all poorfag neets. Even a fucking neet could scrape together 1k a month for living expenses and just buy their own home. I don't even have a fucking job and I'm getting this home.

>I don't understand why you fags insist that we're all poorfag neets.
Because it's a lot easier to dismiss someone's arguments if you hold them in low light like that

>While we sip fruit-infused water Lonia explains how she and her two young boys ended up here. "I had a normal property in Hanger Lane, it wasn't that great when we moved in but my dad and brother did it up. When the landlord came over, she took one look around and said "ooh you've made it really nice here." Two weeks later I got my eviction letter and 10 days before Christmas I was evicted."

LOL free market

>200k
i didnt know they were paying people to live in cali. too bad, i got a valuable gun collection I'd never part with. guess you'll just have to scrape together your state budget from taco taxes.

90% of the shit you blame on the "free market" that doesn't exist is due to onerous regulations, taxes, and laws preventing the "free market" from working

I really doubt England's housing market is anything but a red tape parade

Nothing stopping me from a gun collection here boyo. Thankfully I'm moving to a full white neighborhood that's too far for the tacos to survive alone.

Nope, CA may be an illegal's wet dream haven, but I sure as hell won't have to see another one of them unless I feel like driving back to OC for friends. More likely I'll be able to convince them to move away from the urban sprawl and all the fucking mexicunts.

Getting priced out of your own home because you had the audacity to make your own improvements to it is a fair criticism I'd say. It's pretty terrible that people have a strong financial incentive to live in squalor.

Suddenly I realize why (((communists))) had an obsession with brutalist architecture.

1350 with 3 bedrooms? So every room is tiny as fuck or is it missing a kitchen and a living room? My 2 bedroom is 1700 and feels cramped at times.

I just imagine a borg-like hivemind mentality, everyone a mindless automaton.

Could just be you're a fat fuck and need to turn sideways to get through the door frames, idk mate. The rooms feel plenty large to me.

Golems living in a blocky stone city

Obviously you don't know that a 3x3x3ft cube of dirt weighs a ton. Not only that, containers have high strength from vertical compression but will collapse easily from the weight of several thousand tons of earth pushing on the corrugated metal sides. Don't believe me, look it up.

I think it's a good solution for homelessness so long as they don't make the working poor priced out of everything else live next to the substance abusers/crazies who can't hold a job.

Trailer for hipsters