What are your thoughts on Shojo manga? Did it die with Nana back in 2009?

What are your thoughts on Shojo manga? Did it die with Nana back in 2009?

yeah probably. rip nana

Nana was amazing, fuck bitches and whores

>Did it die with Nana back in 2009?
No, but I would honestly trade any ongoing shoujo for NANA to come off hiatus. I could bear not seeing their conclusions, but the thought of not seeing the conclusion of NANA genuinely upsets me.

I'm glad to know Yazawa still has her drawing skills though. She recently drew pic-related.

We all meme about Berserk not ending in our life time but Nana might actually not end ever. Hopefully its revived one day

>tfw you realize you'll probably die before berserk/hunterxhunter/vagabond/real/glass mask/nana reach their conclusions

Josei

>this'll never get scanlated because it doesn't cater to mouthbreathing mommy-issued manbabies that make up 99,9% of /u/tards

Nana? More like Nono, amirite?

>this'll never get scanlated
Only one more chapter needs to be translated, and it already got an official release. What are you talking about?

... you do realize it's literally a manga about a mouthbreathing mommy-issued womanbaby right?

I mean, she's an angsty socially awkward neet who makes sexual advances towards her own mother.

Oh shit you're right. Disregard me, I suck dicks.

Nazo no kanojo X, Ah! megumi sama and kare kano are top tier imo, and i'm not really into shojo.
I guess it's hard to find shojo that are worth watching because how bad the majority of the genre is on every point.

>i'm not really into shojo.
It's easy to tell since Kare Kano is the only shoujo on this list though. Just because a series has romance doesn't make it a shoujo.

Wtf, the first two are literal staple examples of sudden girlfriend apperance targeted at teen boys.

>genre
>shoujo
Please be joking

But shitlord-kun, I'm a horribly confused transbian and that's the song of my people.

I know, i was just using romance based story for my second point. I guess i'm talking about romance, sorry.

Is there actually anything good in the genre on the go at the moment?

Best shoujo mangas ever:

1 - 7 seeds (or Basara by the same author)
2 - Oooku
3 - Banana Fish
4 - Nana
5 - Please Save My Earth

Kara Kano, CCS, Sailor Moon etc.: watch the anime instead.

I'm reading Akatsuki no Yona, Kimi ni Todoke, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Stand up!(hiatus), Omoi Omoware Furi Furare, Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi, and Cardcaptor Clear Card.

You have good choices, but I disagree. Also

>mangas

Here's your upvote for being 'funny'.

I was going to call my daughter Nana. Had a discussion with my gf because of that.

I believe she said in an interview NANA will come back, so hopefully.

I hope she sticks to her word. If not, I really hope she gives an interview revealing the things she wasn't able to draw and tell on paper. I just want a conclusion.

I prefer it this way though, her taking this long hiatus unlike Togashi/Miura who come back for a few chapters just to fuck off.

>CardCaptor Clear Card

Oh shit I'd totally forgotten my childhood waifu had returned, got a fucking great time ahead of me(guess she's now a daughterfu).

Isn’t Nana josei though?

It is.

i'm pretty sure it's popular within yuri crowds though

Why are you allowed to take a shounen adventure manga, replace the MC with a girl, then call it shoujo?

It's not a matter of genres, it's the demographic.
Take Makai Ouji. The premise and the story (basic demon vs angel war shit and the MC is a powerful wizard born to bring peace) would technically fit a battle manga or a shonen but technically it's still jousei. The only reason being that it is published in Zero Sum and not the Jump.

But it presumably still has to appeal to that demographic in some way.