Witch Craft Works C.66

It's the time of the month for witchy activity. Warning in advance, its one of those "Sensei needlessly wastes an entire month on nothing for no reason" episodes, fun as they can sometimes be.

Apologies in advance if I have posting issues.

-----------------------------

-[Mizunagi Ryuu]
-[Witch Craft Works]
-[Kasumi-chan and the KMM-Dan have been turned into furniture?!]
-Now then, I wonder what I shall do with these girls...

----------------------------

I'm still not sure where Kotetsu is, perhaps the two pillows?

-[Protecting her Prince is the powerful Witch's long-cherished wish!] :::T.Note - "Prince" is labelled Takamiya-kun, and "powerful Witch" is labelled Kagari-san.:::
-[Witch Craft Works]

-[Chapter 66: Takamiya-kun and the Curse-Lifting Spell]

-[Mizunagi Ryuu]

Continuing the dark souls theme.

-WHAT did you say-?!

Thank goodness for competent ears.

-HEEEEEEY--!! What do you think you're doing to our students----?!?!?!
-...Huh? Where did that woman get off too...?
-Haha! Take a look at this, Kazane!!
-They were turned into objects just like that!
-((Ooooo...))

--------------------------

Suffering makes our crocogator witch happy.

-Still...Seems like they didn't live up to her standards.
-And sure enough...This ornament is in b~ad taste.
-((Oooooo...))
-Grrrr...Just up and changing them and abandoning them as she pleases......
-What do you plan on doing?
-Your opponent is some bigshot from the Workshop, isn't she?
-......That's a good question.
-Atori.
-Go and bring Natsume here!
-Uhmmm~~~~~
-What did you need to have me brought here for~~?
-((By the way, Atori-chan had some business elsewhere or something, so she went home...))
-You specialize in magic analysis and curse-lifting, don't you?

----------------------

Natsume's time to shine.

>ywn be tossed happily in the air by 3B6

Nice. Thanks.

----------------------

-The unnatural furniture you see around you are students of ours that've been cursed and transformed.
-Change them back to their normal forms.
-The rules basically say it's you guys' job to resolve things if the city encounters some magical problems anyway.
-EH?! I...Is that right? Now that IS big trouble. I understand!
-((*yawn*))
-((*bark bark*))
-Start off by rendering the spell that was cast visible to the naked eye.
-Right!

----------------------

Good ole' dumbshoe. If it doesn't involve punching a problem into submission, that buck is getting passed.

thank you translator-kun

----------------------

-..........Nrghhh.....This IS something.....It's the first time I've seen a magical formula with this kind of composition......
-It's just one of many ancient magicks. This one's called "Laplace's Equation".
-Eh? Ah...Please just wait one moment.
-Let's see.......
-((Laplace...Laplace...))
-...Ahhh. In other words, I'll need to alter the principle of causality here like.....so, and...
-Indeed. There are traces left where our enemy has altered the course of their fate.
-If you correct those skillfully enough, then the curse should be nullified.
-Chronoir, you're a Tower Witch, so please refrain from giving advice to her.
-Hmph, you've made me cooperate so thoroughly with you up until now, and you deign to take that tone with me?
-Well yeah, NOW we've got some bigshot Witch from the Workshop on our hands, so obviously!

------------------------

Sadly, Chronoir really would make a good magical sensei, as opposed to Kazane who only seems to specialize as a combat mage.

I can sense the stuff in this chapter getting a bunch of crib notes in the omake of the next tank.

------------------------

-Her curse is an application of multi-dimensional sorcery.
-It's somewhat similar to my own Noose....Although I suppose it's been highly simplified.
-((I see, I see.))
-It seems she's turned the formula into one which stresses the fixing and unfixing of one's morphogenetic destiny.
-Look here.
-You're at least capable of doing calculus, are you not?
-I...I'm certain I can if it's only in this context...I bet I couldn't if we weren't talking magic formulae.
-That sequence there...
-It's similar to some problems that showed up on the homework we had over summer break-!
-Now I see, if you convert THIS part into a cubic equation...
-Hmph, aren't YOU well studied.
-At times when a

------------------------

-....Wait, CHAIRWOMAN?!
-Leave her be.
-Just change this...
-...right here, and.......
-With this....!
-*Ksshhh*
-How do you like THAT!
-Huh.....?
-Nothing's happenin----
-KYAA-!

------------------------

>Kazane.exe has crashed

------------------------

-.....Urrghhh....
-I.....
-I did it! I did it, Chairwoman!!
-.......Indeed....You did....very well, Natsume.
-((*Yawn*))
-Everyone, are you alright?!
-Urk.....Huh.....? Natsume-senpai? Why are you here-- More, importantly, what was I.....?
-AHHHHHHHHH--!! That's RIGHT! I was facing off with that homewrecker, when---
-You lot!
-Do you girls have any idea what you've done?!?!
-Honestly! Starting a fight with that transfer student!
-((You'd better not even think about doing it again!))
-...Transfer student? Ahhh.
-That girl who they met at the luncheon....So she was a Witch.

So much for that gentleman last month who bet this was Mizunagi's way of removing the comic relief from the arc.

-...Is she that strong?
-Well yes, clearly....
-That would be the case, seeing as how she's one of the Witches of the Beginning.....
-........of the Beginning?
-Y...Y-Y-Y-You can't mean she's one of the Workshop's original Founders......!?
-((Why would a person of that standing come to our city...?))
-...A Witch of the Beginning...is she?
((*nom*))

So Alcina dates ALL the way back to Kazane and 3B6's own generation, pre-Workshop. Which, by definition, means that she was either a Tower Witch back then, or a magical criminal/black sorceress. I reiterate my theory from last month that what the magical world calls "End Witches" are simply those who didn't sign on with the new "government", they're from the "End" of the last era, and the "Beginning Witches" are those who founded the new one.

Also, we finally have fake!Natsume and real Natsume in the same place at least, which clears her. Wonder why the doppel is still wearing her form. In the dream world it was to gain Honoka's trust, but now? And we still have no idea who she is save for one of Kayou's servants.

-sfx: *bzzzzzt bzzzzt*
-!
-It's me! What is it?!
-......It's for you.
-For me?
-Yes, Kazane speaking.
-It seems as if you've broken my spell....Fufu....
-!!!
-YOU?! You have SOME nerve, doing that to my students......!

-Will you please not jump to the wrong conclusions? THEY'RE the ones who attacked ME first, you know? ....And furthermore, my curse came right off, didn't it? Why, it was nothing more than a trifling bit of

sport on my part, wasn't it?
-You went out of your way to call just to give me an EXCUSE like THAT?!
-Hardly.
-And in fact, I contacted you because there was just one thing I felt I needed to tell you.
-It's about your students....Well, really about your apprentices.....
-They're SO weak. I'm SOOO disillusioned with you. ((And yet YOU still have the nerve to call yourself a TEACHER?))
-OK then, bye~~~~! :heart: :::T.Note - These last two lines are delivered like a gyaru would talk, like super obnoxiously.:::

Shots fired.

I'm sure, much like her foster daughter last month, That Kazane will handle these brazen provocations with aplomb and grace,

-M...MY SMARTPHONE!

Or not.

-Right now!!! Intensive training!!! THE LOT OF YOU!!!
-((Start giving me laps around the school grounds!))
-((EY! EY! OHHHHHH~!)) :::Insert generic jogging cheers here:::
-Why am I included in th~iiiiiis?
-Huh? Kasumi-chan?
-ONII-CHAN!!!

Natsume shadow-person legs? Or didn't take off stockings?

-Just wait for me, Onii-chan!
-I'll get stronger and protect you from that woman!!
-Eh? (("That woman"?))
-[Kasumi-chan has become aware of a new ENEMY!]
-LATER!
-((I'm pretty busy!))
-((*pant pant*))
-What on earth....?
-That reminds me, didn't you attack that transfer student today, Kagari-san?
-Back then I thought she was going to do "something" to you, Takamiya-kun.
-It'd be for the best if you're careful around that woman.......
-[The Observation Team]
-::Happy Kazarin Noises::
-((*Woof*))!

[Witch Craft Works ---> To Be Continued]

-------------------------------

And that's it for this month. Hopefully things pick up from here, but we're still on a glacial pace. At least there's some worldbuilding though.

thanks a lot OP

Thanks for the translation.

Someone calm the dragon

Thanks Translator-kun.

>Kotetsu isn't kotatsu
Actually it would be work thematically as well.

Takamiya should have been a girl desu

Yeah, but then the manga would have been fujo bait and therefore shit.

Thank you!

>two girls
>fujo

>yuri witch craft works

I hope you get hit by a bus.

Because the Kasumi dynamic breaks if its yuri you massive fuck.

>Kazarin
Thanks Translator-kun, Kazarin is so cute.

Many witch activities for you translator-kun. You are doing great work.

I don't know whats going on with the story anymore

That's what happens when your series is monthly and you only release 15 pages/month.

Perhaps it is a chapter that will make more sense later in-context? No? Ok.

>And that's it for this month. Hopefully things pick up from here, but we're still on a glacial pace. At least there's some worldbuilding though.
Yeah, the main thing here is to basically stating Beginning Witches are the real bosses of the Workshop. That they are not just weaklings herding together for self defence.

>I don't know whats going on with the story anymore
What's so confusing about it? Kazane joined Workshop using Ayaka's birth-mother as a gift, after defeating her in battle. Kazane's birth mother want revenge. And after Kazane being an extremely irresponsible Wokshop leader for the entire series, a leader of the workshop finally showed up to try to put Kazane in her place.

And finally, the fake Natsume, who may or may not be Ayaka's mum in disguise, knows a major secret that can cause Honoka's mum to be executed and Kazane guilty of a major crime. That can justifiably cause the Beginning Witch to attack Kazane.

And that doesn't include what Medusa is up to.

A long time ago, Kazane came to Japan from Europe. There she befriend Honoka's mum as a student while she was under cover.

Due to an incident that isn't explained yet, Honoka's mum was gravely injured and Kazane used forbidden blood magic to save her life. This magic ended up meant Honoka's mum obtained some magic of kazane inside her, leading to her eventually giving birth to two children who are magic users. This is a big taboo with the Workshop. Remember, no intervening with mortals.

Kazane didn't see the two kids until they were already grown, by which time she noticed that Honoka in particular fully inherited Kazane's magic potential. And he is effectively a child with three parents. Kazane decided to train him as it is her responsibility.

During one of the training sessions, Kazane was given a job hunting a magic firefox that had being attacking people in the Kakari Clan Residence. There she met the then head of Kagari, a famous evil with wanted by the Workshop. Kazane fought the firefox, but ended up thinking it is suspicious. Kqazane end up realising that the fox was summoned by the daughter, Ayaka, who had been magically fused with a fire demon to capture the demon. She was meant to be sacrificed and absorbed by her mother to power up her mum. Ayaka was staked through her neck and have the stake chained to the wall. Her summoning the fox was an act of desperation.

Kazane ended up deciding Ayaka was better off dead, as she was already dying. But after Kazane struck her, Honoka refused to let her die and took her away. Kazane then defeated and captured Ayaka's mum.

The fire demon inside Ayaka tricked Honoka, making him sign a contract so that Ayaka would be saved. But since Honoka was actually magically greater than the demon, the contract rendered the demon HIS servant instead of the other way around. The fire demon got purified, as the servant takes on attributes of the master, and thus she became Evermillion the "White Stuff". She admitted that she was originally lying about the contract could save Ayaka, because she was already dead. But using Honoka as her new power source, she was confident she could resurrect Ayaka.

The issue was that Ayaka, having lived in suffering all her short life, had no desire to return to the world of the living and resisted resurection. Evemillion proposed that she bind Ayaka's fate to Honoka's, thus forcing her to live. Honoka agrees.

Kazane became the replacement leader of the Kagari Clan, basically adopting Ayaka as her own, and used Ayaka's mum as a gift to make Workshop give her control over the city as the leader.

And now we go back to the current timeline.
The fake Natsume used convoluted plans that began from the very first chapter, to obtain magical recorded evidence that Kazane used forbidden magic on Honoka's mum. This blackmail material can be used to cause Workshop to go to war with Kazane, and kill everyone Kazane cared about.

This is basically the core of the plot. Note that this is entirely separate from 3B6, Medusa, and Weekend, who are really just pawns that the fake Natsume took advantage of.

The separate plot is that Evermillion was a famous fire demon with the power of creation and destruction. Note that she was restricted by her own quantity of magic. She only became overpowered after she because Honoka's servant, whereby he became her battery of near infinite fuel. However most people don't know Honoka is the real origin of her powers, and assumed that she is imprisoned inside Honoka. That Honoka is just some powerless boy.

Kazane had gone through a lot of trouble concealing Honoka's own magic, for his own protection. He is living evidence that a serious crime took place, and Kazane had to hide this.

Medusa appeared to only be interested in fighting Evermillion for the excitement.

3B6 appear to want Evermillion to eat her, possibly to absorb her power much like how Ayaka's mum wanted. Weekend, likewise, also wanted Evermillion's power. But both had no idea that Honoka is the real power source...

...Or do they? Weekend in particular, made the strange decision to stop Honoka from dying. Are we sure she doesn't know about Honoka being the true power?

I haven't followed this manga for years, are they fucking yet? Are they at least together?

>I haven't followed this manga for years, are they fucking yet? Are they at least together?
Ayaka is shy. Also she has a massive body image issue concerning the giant scar on her stomach, and she still doesn't want Honoka to see it. If they fucked would see it, and that is why they wouldn't yet. Also, the one time we see her in a two piece swimsuit was in a dream fantasy world, where Ayaka deliberately erased the scar in that dreamland.

The cutest

But yeah, they are basically a couple. Especially since we found out Honoka was the one who bound their destinies together. Ayaka is only alive because of Honoka, and it is irresponsible of him if he doesn't take responsibility.

You are the best boy, translator-kun.

I'm not sure if Medusa is only interested in fighting Evermillion for the excitement.In chapter 27, pic related happens, which implies Medusa wants Evermillion's (actually Honoka's, but no idea if she knows) power for herself.

I thought I heard a while ago, like shortly after the anime aired that this manga had gotten canned. Was it just put on hiatus?

The mangaka had the Japanese Cold.

>I thought I heard a while ago, like shortly after the anime aired that this manga had gotten canned. Was it just put on hiatus?
The author got REALLY sick for a while. She got better.

As someone who enjoyed the anime, but is too lazy to read the manga, how much farther along is the manga now compared to where the anime left off? I'm curious if they would even have enough material for a S2.

The anime, if I remember correctly, covered chapters 1-27, plus two other chapters in the OVA. The current chapter in this thread from 3 days ago is chapter 66. There are a few bonus/unnumbered chapters as well, so there's somewhere between 40-45 chapters they could adapt as season 2.

However, the chapters also got MUCH shorter, from 30-40 pages on average to 10-20 pages on average, so it's actually a lot less material then it seems. Also, the pacing and plotting got much more glacial and, depending on your opinion, much worse when the CRITICAL, core stuff isn't happening. That being said, there's a good 3 arcs or so (journey to find our memories at the Kagari estate, everything up to Kasumi's World, and the World in the Pendant Arc), plus all the encumbent filler to animate.

I see that you're also a man of culture.