After a few chapters the manga changes its genre and tone completely

>after a few chapters the manga changes its genre and tone completely
What's their name?

Goes from a high school sports anime to a trippy psychological drama epic.
I think the main writer dropped it or something, leading to the improvement.

I'm interested, how does City Hunter change? It piqued my interest because it looked more mature and the art while still being goofy I suppose but I later got the impression it was your generic predictable constantly getting blue balled storyline.

Tensai Family Company went from a sitcom about a blended family to a mafia/corporate espionage caper. I don't know if the mangaka planned it that way from the start or if she gave it a plot on a whim, but I enjoyed the ride.

Ajin.

City Hunter's first 3 volumes are pretty dark and mature, with a serious atmosphere, but then it becomes way more light-hearted and comedic. It's still a really good manga and I'd still recommend it but it's a very big jump.

Berserk after the eclipse (duh)

That's the opposite of what I was hoping for.

>The frenchies are going to make a movie out of it
I hope they do a good job.
Tsukasa Already OKed the firt draft, and it seems they insisted on having him confirm the major plot points, but I wonder if he's still able to remember what his manga was about.

I mean, don't let it dissuade you. The art's still gorgeous and the action is great, and when it gets serious it's 10/10

I'll ask you this, does he always lust after girls or a girl and no matter how close he gets to boning them or her it just never happens because of bad luck or whatever?

I didn't want all those reflections on sexuality

im pretty sure he smashes pussy untill the red head shows up

when does that happen, volume 3?

Yugioh.

Truthfully I never followed Yugioh, so I don't think this is a fair contribution. However I remember reading the first chapter and was intrigued by the dark nature of this manga. What could have been? Still can't blame the creator, bet he made a bajillion off the card games.

Anyway. Yugi solves a puzzle and gets semi-possessed by a sociopathic puzzle spirit. Yugi then solves crimes by playing demonic puzzle games against bad people and they get trapped in darkness after losing. I haven't readit in over 10 years so I don't remember.

Yu-gi-oh

>Walk in expecting lesbian am i kawaii uguu~~~
>Got ULTRA MULTIVERSE STRING THEORY SUPER DIMENSIONAL MEGA GALAXY EXTREME THEORY instead
>I CAN TURN INTO ANY VERSION OF MYSELF
>I AM THE DAUGHTER OF MY MOTHER AND FATHER
>HENCE I HAVE HALF OF MY MOTHER
>HENCE MY MOTHER IS HALF OF ME TOO
>SO I CAN TURN INTO MY MOTHER
>AND TURN INTO MY MOTHER'S MOTHER, AND MY MOTHER'S MOTHER'S GRANDFATHER AND THAT ANY RANDOM FUCKS IN ANY GIVEN TIME
>AND TURN MYSELF INTO LITERAL GOD

n-nani?

Jojo part 7

Does Kuragehime counts?

Whenever he doesn't get any it's usually him choosing not to

>The story of a hardened war vegetarian seeking treasure by flaying the body skin of escaped prisoners

And not for good.

Does Negima count?

>vegetarian

One of the worst cases of a bait and switch that I have ever read.

Sounds intriguing then.

Any gag to battle manga, and there are a fuckton of them.

Dragon Ball

Were you expecting a life hearted SOL gag manga?

HAHA TOO BAD, HERE HAVE THIS CLUSTER FUCK OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND PLOT AND FIGHT SYSTEM INSTEAD

Literally shittier than Nuruto

>9gag

Ajin is one of those rare cases where the writer leaving actually made the manga better, seriously the artist does better writing than the writer.

THIS

In Pandemonium Wizard Village, after a couple chapters, and once the MC realizes that his perception of things was completely false, the story becomes a bit more slice of life until a certain point. The color of the pages are also different too. Going from being rather dark and almost having a sinister feeling to some frames, to becoming lighter and more somber in tone after the MC has a change of heart more or less.

>Some shitty delinquents fighting over some shitty territory
>Suddenly turn into people riding giant Gundam for some fuck know why reason
>Niggers shoot Kamehameha outta their feet everywhere
>Also President Obama is a high school girl now

>Things that maintain a consistent tone until near the end then fall off the rails completely.

Those are my favorite episodes.

Dunno thought it was hilarious

No? It has been generic battle shit right off the bat. Fuck you talking about, retard?

bump

Every other arc of HxH

80% of shonen. Saying that because I came to post this

Sauce?

When Berserk turned from the edgy shonen to a top-tier waifu-fest with actual good character development instead of "nothin personal kid"

I read through so many farming chapters hoping anything would happen.

Yeah, early in the manga the other Yugi played death games and killed a lot of people. Later it fully became a card games manga, sometimes it went a bit dark I guess.

Dragon Ball is weird
>Started off pretty goofy
>Became serious
>By the end of the series it became pretty goofy again

So many manga turns into battle shounen you might want to make a hard mode against it

elfin lied wishes it was that awesomely convoluted

really everything this fucker makes

Oh!
Great

YYH counts too with that aborted first arc and all

well they are off the farm now

>first battle shounen haruhi
>then generic battle shounen
>then subverted battle shounen
>then it goes full Nisio

sauce?

>Shitty writting - the manga

Color me surprised

How many series would improve if the writer left and the artist took care of the story as well?
I'm thinking Shokugeki no Soma.

Tokyo Ghoul.

Started out as a pretty neat psychological thriller and immediately went full battle shonen and never looked back.

Bleach

Japanese Ghostbusters to power level bullshit in maybe ten chapters

>Things that maintain a consistent tone until near the end then fall off the rails completely.
You might like to read Kilico.

Macross

This series was carried by one character.

Berserk was dark fantasy from the start you fucking imbecile

Well originally it was based on a novel so I think when just the artist was left maybe he was less following the novel

His follow-up series, Innocent, did a similar thing but for the worse in my opinion...it started out as a very interesting and personal tale and then just turned into some weird melodramatic political thing with Marie Antoinette using Twitter and important characters and events being totally sidelined

Sakigake!! Otokojoku started out as one of the greatest satirical shonen series ever and then just completely went into generic territory

The first volume was so fucking bad. I almost dropped it at the truck-kun scene.

Basically (and this is something that in retrospect never made much sense in the anime since he only played one game) but the reason he's called the King of Games is because originally the series was the Pharaoh beating people in all sorts of gambles and games and there was killing people and stuff

One of those games happened to be a card game and then it came back and became the focus of the manga and the franchise became fucking huge...that said, the stuff after the card game is actually really good and the final arc shifts things again to the whole Ancient Egypt thing (which is a game between spirits and not cards) and that's probably my favorite arc of the series

Started off as an interpersonal stories of people in an interstellar war and turned into GIRI GIRI AI SPACE IDOL SINGERS WITH SCIENCE-MAGIC POWERS. As a fan of the franchise, i hate the fact that Shoji Kawamori is turning Macross into a joke. I hope the new series coming this 2018 will have less focus on idol singers.

I really liked the twist when his companion's gag of being awful at firing weapons turned out to be him messing with the guns so she would never get to kill anyone.

i like it when gags turn out to be relevant to the story

Cooking Papa blew my mind in the last 10 volumes. It went from happy times cooking to a couple dealing with midlife crisis and addictions.

best quantum physics crib notes adapted for manga

>I almost dropped it at page 17
big guy right here

didn't really change as much as mature

Riki oh perfect example of descending i to crap as it went on. Once riki got out of the prison, it got worse. The begining prison arc (basically what the live action movie covered) was best and should of just been that

The writing is all over the place, I don't get the narrative at all. Being alone sucks, being alone's fucking great, family is important, I must return; mountain is sexy, I'd rather die here

It was cooking, loli, adventure, immortal. Now it's fujoshit

Berserk

>I'm thinking Shokugeki no Soma.
fuck no, it would just become ecchi shit with no interesting story, Tosh is a hentai artist, not a shonen writer

>shonen

God it got so fucking boring.

And onto boring pacifism arc

to be fair Otokojuku was pretty good for a battle mango

Oh!Great's works fall off the rails long before the ending.

That one anime where they were in the matrix the whole time

that was fucking nuts

Don't worry user, things are gonna change
Major spoilers, beware.
for those who don't know, Vinland Saga is based on an old as fuck novel but with some obvious changes, ala Vagabond. Thorfinn ultimately fails in his goal and ends up just murdering people again

>it would just become ecchi shit with no interesting story
So exactly the same?

>9fag

>How to kill your manga on the very first chapter
What a piece of shit that was.

shingeki no kyojin (started shounen now a pseudo political drama

if that's all you see and think it's a fact then I can't help you

>shonen
>genre
fuck off

It was a charming comedy at the start, then slowly got more and more serious, and then the last volume was like just the bullshit drama.

that's most romances

When Makimura (?) died it changed tone. Feelt kinda planned.

Ryo almost got smashed by a trap once and it was great.

Tokyo ghoul

"boring pacifism"
the story is perfect, the problem is faggots like you who dont get it.

Start off as a really fun sports manga then turned into a still fun but much less fun shonen battle manga