How big was the first Season of Code Geass on Sup Forums?

How big was the first Season of Code Geass on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=65AHVWn0VO0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody watched it.

code geass threads were all before the dawn of the true archives

all lost in the rain

>There are people on Sup Forums who weren't around for the Code Geass threads
I know it makes sense, but it still hurts.

It was too long ago, I don't think anyone is alive from those times. Ask around in retirement homes.

You forgot something in your pic, OP.

Man I can’t imagine what it’ll be like when your comment becomes a genuine answer and not just shitposting. Will your children and grandchildren watch the same animu you did? Will fags like you never stop shitposting? Will Haruhi ever get a season 3?

It pretty much went under the radar, nobody on Sup Forums knew about it.

kek

>code gay-ass

Huge.

Judging from the rest of the show, pretty sure it's just stupid writing.

Just asking because Sup Forums slept on the Index show as well, then it just exploded when Railgun was announced

I've seen threads you people wouldn't belive

Desk corner scene.

it was insane. the moment the episode would get smuggled out of area 11 it would be streamed by some Sup Forumsnon, untranslated, then all the pleebs who couldn't speak moon would wait for the translators (gg probably, I can't remember who was the lead on this anymore, but I think it might have been GG, or some other fast translation group) to poop out the quick sub.

Then the board would be wall to wall Lelouch, Lelouch memes, Spinzaku memes, pizzahut memes and kalen/cc ass memes. It was fucking glorious. Sup Forums lost it's collective mind several times.

But if you think that's crazy, it got even crazier for R2, because all the casuals saw season 1 on adult swim with an english dub, then Gaia went down and every casual + gaia trash invaded Sup Forums and the boards/servers couldn't handle the load and during code geass r2 the board would fucking crash under the weight of the absolute madness.

I think Sup Forums basically blew up when spinzaku nuked tokyo.

Thats because, quite honestly, Index is shit. Light novel adaptions were the biggest mistake the anime industry has ever made and its whats killing the medium as we know it. I'm convinced that all the Index hype was and is just a few extremely loud anons with shit taste. Either that or its a revolving door of newfags and babys first anime who don't know any better.

It was pretty damn big actually. It was so long ago, though, that I dont really remember the content. I remember some of the memes though like pic related.

moot made Code Geass popular on Sup Forums. So like any other anime that gets memed into popularity like Watamote or Little Witch Academia, the threads were just dreadful.

Pretty much

Geass Sunday was the golden age of Sup Forums

8-10 pages of the same picture. Most newfags today wouldn't comprehend

moot just jumped on the Geass Bandwagon. Wasn't it like the biggest anime of that time second to Haruhi?

Oh boy, the hype is from novel readers. They know the best arcs are coming and that's why they are hyped. Also Index 3 will connect the dots and make the all over the place plot converge into a coherent storyline.

Why the fuck was Geass so popular on here then?

Mecha + Politics + Gays + Sexy Chicks + Memes

Probably the Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones of their time

BB and GoT are tenably good though. Geass isn't.

it was wild, insane and audatious. It did mecha like no other mecha.

I mean this is a fucking anime where a girl became a meme for fucking a table. poor table-kun being raped by nina was one of the funniest memes of the early run. Throw in how fabulous and over the top lelouch was and it was just dying for a memesplosion.

Heck, there were pages/days of threads dedicated to Wakamoto and his Charles Vi Britannia rants. They were serious ear sex btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=65AHVWn0VO0

there was no catalog on Sup Forums yet so anything popular looked even more popular
also, fucking machine gun out of nowhere what the fuck

>there was no catalog on Sup Forums yet so anything popular looked even more popular
also,

Hardly any difference when 3/4th of the board was code geass. The big difference between then and now is the 1 hour cooldown to make new threads.

30 different people would post the same picture as a thread at the same time. who remembers this pic for almost 5 pages when the livestream

How come being stupid is an illegal move in chest?

Kek

>tonberryking

This brings back memories.

It's like somebody did Gundam Seed the right way.

Shame second season was a production clusterfuck full of executive meddling and prime time timeslot changing things completely.

>being stupid is illegal
>white goes first
Games tend to be better than reality.

This. Between the mecha, the women, the men, the lolis, and the insanity, Geass had a little something for everyone. And when it stopped making sense and started getting retarded it perversely became MORE enjoyable.

>There will never be an anime like Code Geass again because Sup Forums would feverishly fight against it at all costs

The R1 threads were like any show with above average popularity. Its popularity exploded when we had to wait four months for episode 24 & 25 of R1 and then when R2 aired the popularity was enormous.

>BB and GoT are tenably good though. Geass isn't.

It is though. Those shows also have their issues too, in any case, so let's not be silly here.

Because Geass combines being very entertaining with a core of actually pretty interesting stuff. There's been more interesting stuff, as well as more entertaining series, but combining the two in an effective way helps a lot.

Not completely, in retrospect, more like they repeated the first third of the show and then compressed the rest. But I think most of the big events from R2 would have happened anyway, just differently in terms of a few details and the time spent on each.

I don't think the show ever stopped making sense, nor did it ever lack some "retarded" parts. Both were always present. It did become more unrealistic with all the different Geass powers and crazy stunts, that people had to react to every week, but that doesn't mean they didn't make a basic amount of sense in the long run.