FLCL

When season 2 comes out this show is going to have the most toxic fan base since Undertale or Invader Zim.

I mean look what happened when Rick and Morty got popular? People are sperging their shit out and the shitposters are healthy as ever. This? This will be worse. Screen cap it. It’s going to be hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SYBIOS/status/917297587971149830
youtube.com/watch?v=k2wOaTk7htA
youtube.com/watch?v=Vof2xAlhoMk
youtube.com/watch?v=P--YD2SrrR0
youtube.com/watch?v=5q0dYYk08gM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still don't know why they're even making it. It's cool I guess to have more but totally unnecessary.

>Still don't know why they're even making it.
Adult Swim wanted more FLCL.
That's all there is to it.

It's been 15 years though.

doubtable that any fan base will be worse than undertale or invader zim.

They could litterally have like three fucking shows created SPECIFICALLY for them and pay for them with the money it would cost to have a single season of a mediocre LOL SO FUNNEH tv show.
They can start showing random funny dub eps of 90's anime or HNK ovas or something good.
Why bring back something that wasn't even that good in teh first place?

>since Undertale or Invader Zim.
Sorry, but that's already happened. Rick and Morty.
twitter.com/SYBIOS/status/917297587971149830

Toonami's revival made them keen on investing in anime again.

It's a great show. Problem is it doesn't need revival at all. It was perfectly concluded and fit in its time.

>Why bring back something that wasn't even that good in teh first place?
It's arguably Adult Swims favorite anime.

The Rick and Morty has easily overtaken both after this weekend.

So business as usual on Sup Forums

He mentioned that in the post, my African-American.

Also FLCL is just a warmup for KIL. That right, I said it. Aanyone who says otherwise is the definition of hipster contrarian trash. And maybe I'm wrong this is just my opinion

I seriously don't even know what the plot could be. Why would Haruko be back on Earth? Is Atomsk on Earth again? Why? Or has Haruko switched goals? What else could Haruko want? Why does the plot synopsis make it sound like they're recycling the exact same story? Why is there a season 2 of FLCL?

Nah, it's going to be like all the Samurai Jack fags on Sup Forums when season 5 started.

fortunately, Gainax is dead

Unfortunately, Production I.G is not.

Mamimi cute

mamimi thot

And season 3?

If the anime is good, I will enjoy it. Inane shit like fanbases worries me not.

>caring about the fan base ever
an active fanbase denotes the popularity of something, but have no affect on currently airing material

Watch and enjoy the show if it's good. If you dismiss it before it even airs because of possible toxic fanbase then you're doing it wrong.

If you can't tolerate shit posting. What are you doing here?

This thread is awful and pointless.

Besides old fans coming out of the woodwork, the fanbase will only reach that level if the new series is sensational like the first one was. If it is though, I'm not going to let some shitty fanbase stop me from enjoying it.

The PV has me cautiously optimistic. Don't care how shitty or obnoxious the fan base gets. Besides, that kind of shit is amplified to the max via the internet. Most fans of anything are perfectly fine and reasonable if you go outside and talk to them.

>going to
This show DID have an obnoxious fanbase. Most of them were teenagers who are grown up now.

I could almost agree with you if kill la kills last 5 or so episodes weren't absolute shit

Apart from occasional Imaishi style and Mayumi Shintani, FLCL is quite different from Kill la Kill. Its ambitions were too original, and I doubt it can be produced again at request.

I don't care. I'm only worried that the sequels will fuck up the original. Why do you bring up Sup Forums and Sup Forums shit? Who gives a shit about their problems.

This show is one I can say absolutely did NOT need another fucking season. It was the perfect length and the ending was exactly what it needed to be.

My favorite anime is about to be retroactively fucked.

> fuck up the original
How is it possible? Even a theoretical directionless sequel to Eureka Seven wouldn't be able to fuck up the original Eureka Seven.

>OP wasn't around in mid 2000s FLCL was the memeiest of the memeiest anime for a long time.
I don't even know how many years it got reaired. A shitload of people watched it and it had the plebbiest fanbase ever.

People keep saying this but as someone who was like 13-14 when it aired the first time I never found it to be all that popular with the regular crowd. Most people didn't get the references, Japanese cultural shit, or the plot and symbolism.

I know that on paper it seems like yout randumb spork kids would be into it, but I'm telling you I really saw way more people shit on it than praise it, and even at anime conventions you only get the occasional Kanti or Haruko attention slut. I only had maybe 2 friends out of an extended early 20s weeb crowd who even watched all of it.

Its the anime that everyone thinks everyone else watched.

Don't compare based Zim to R&M you colossal faggot.

Nice quads of truth. Yeah Zim gets shit on but rewatch it and compare it todays cancerous series and fanbases. Zim people were young girls trying too hard to be different at worst, and most people with taste liked Zim at one point or another, it was probably one of the only 2-3 good western cartoons even on television at the time.

Can't be any worse than all the yurifags every fucking season.

I remember thinking back in the day that it would be interesting to see a sequel, but as time has gone on i agree I'm a bit anxious to see what will become of it.

As to your second point. the original will remain the same as it always has. Sequels do nothing but add to never has one ever detracted.

>Sequels do nothing but add to never has one ever detracted.
People continue to say this, and I am not eloquent or succinct enough to tell you why this is not true, but just trust me it isn't. If its a bad sequel it will lesson the impact of the original.

> implying anyone cares about what happened in burgeristan

Bringing back characters and portraying them in a way that renders their character development pointless. Revealing information that shows previous events from a different perspective, therefore potentially fucking up character motivations. Doesn't apply for this one but, reviving dead characters, killing off characters in a way that disrespects them.

Rebellion.jaypeg

I was on the same page as you, but the song in the trailer made me somewhat hopeful. I'm almost sure I'll be disappointed in the end.

Post the Pillows songs you want to be in the new seasons the most.
youtube.com/watch?v=k2wOaTk7htA
youtube.com/watch?v=Vof2xAlhoMk
youtube.com/watch?v=P--YD2SrrR0
youtube.com/watch?v=5q0dYYk08gM
I hope they put more of their slower songs on.
Also I hope there's more Mamimi. A cakee Mamimi is fine too.

Doesn't the fact that Medical Mechanica has rebuilt their base on Earth mean Takkun is fucked? Logically they would either capture or eliminate him because he's a defenseless child who happens to have the most powerful N.O. channel on the planet. I just assumed after FLCL they didn't bother setting up another installation on Earth, but now we know they have at least one from the trailer and plot synopsis.

I assume his N.O. weakened after Atomsk left Earth. Haruko didn't think he was that important, otherwise she wouldn't continue searching for other people after meeting him (his dad for example), or leave with Canti after episode 5.

I can't wait for the mandatory NTR.

>giving a fuck about fanbases, no matter what
That's where you've wronged, kiddo.