((Mentall illness)) is a made up thing for people to play the victim card

Change my mind if you disagree please Sup Forums

Mentall illness is caused by desperatly seeking for attention in a comminuty that just likes to fap to the kardashians each they so be fake but dont fake mentall illness not even in the bijbel belt

mental illness is a legitimate thing but people who have it don't tell others and don't talk about it

Mental illness is real but no one that has one talks about it, people saying that they have mental illness are only trying to get attention at any cost, which may be considered a mental illness but you get what I'm saying.

i disagree, i think sometimes people genuinely need help and need medication because (usually) they have fried their brains with substance abuse. I personally believe mental illness SHOULD have a "stigma" you should be at least slightly ashamed or embarrassed that you have a mental illness and or take medication for it.

I don’t know, man. Plenty of studies illustrate definitively that mental illness is a real thing—and that it’s largely hereditary.
Before my father retired, he was making $350k per year. He also suffered from anxiety and depression. His mother did as well. And all of his children suffer from a varying degree of anxiety and depression.
I just don’t think you know what you’re talking about.

I bet most of /pol suffers from "crippling" depression

What a stupid post

How much of an edgy teenager can you be?

Depression can actually be really serious to the point that people stop moving and eating. But most people who claim depression just need to get the fuck outside and stop being faggots.
Actual depression can be treated really well using electro-convulsive therapy which is pretty rad

>((Mentall illness)) is a made up thing for people to play the victim card
but no one knows i take meds or have a "problem"

*TRIGGERD*

newfag

Mental illness does exist. However, otherwise sane individuals discovered that claiming mental illness allows them the opportunity to be irresponsible in daily life while garnering sympathy which in itself is a mental illness.
FUN FACT: Homosexuality used to be a diagnosed illness in the DSM until gays continuously threatened members of the DSM committee with violence until they removed it. Now that doesn't seem crazy, does it?
pic related.

If your dad has depression, i guess you'll get ((depressed)) yourself too very easily, since he's your role model

I'm genuinely curious

>((Blaming kikes)) is a made up thing for people to play the victim card.

The tax payer pays for most of the costs.
This gives the mental hospitals $$
((kikes))

Talk to me when I stop hearing voices. Or when I stop staying up for 3 days in a row.

Just go away.

stop doing meth

Most of the anxious and depressed people on meds would be helped in a much greater degree by social programs and talk therapy. Psychiatry is a kike pseudoscience.

I'm not sure about your country but in most places I've been to psychiatric hospitals get fuck all money

He’s not my role model. I just used his success as an example of people with mental health issues not playing that victim.
I suffer more from anxiety and panic attacks, but they’ve become more manageable over the past year. It sucks occasionally, but I do not play the victim. Almost done with university and will have a decent career.

mental illness is a term
brought about by observing society at large. and categorizing normal and abnormal thoughts and behaviors.

it is another form of social engineering for tailored pretty much towards the secular community.

when someone says they have a mental illness. Either society doesn't agree with how they live.
Or they might have missed out , and had a bad experience with certain milestones, or experiences in their life.

People with a mental illness are more likely to be taken advantage of , become homeless, and use illegal drugs . So they do tend to be victims.
Its nature preditor and prey, and sometimes life tries to chew you up and spit you out.
Being a victim is a fact of life.

Its when they are hopeless, and feel comfortable with their victimhood, yet still bemoaning it without finding a solution to their oppression. Thats really whats at issue

You know that various forms of therapy and community programs are part of psychiatry, right?

i have used to hallucinating shadow monsters. but that was only for about 2 months. People With mental illneses have problems most of their lives similar to what i experienced With 2 months.

it is real

stop doing meth.

what's the difference between therapy and psychiatry?

I think Terry Davis would disagree

psychiatry is a medical specialty, one of the tools they use is therapy of which there are several different kinds

They’re usually employed together. Psychiatry would be medication; therapy would be learning to cope with symptoms

I'm still not convinced it's a real thing.

I think people most often get ((depressed)) in their teen years and some get stuck in it, but most people just generally tend to get back to their normal self in a quick time.

I said talk therapy ie talking to a psychologist without the use of meds. A psychologist can't prescribe meds like a psychiatrist can.

yes, depression is often over diagnosed or a lot of people "self diagnose" for attention. But there are serious mental illnesses, people with various hallucinations, or severe paranoid symptoms divorced from reality, even depression that gets to the point that the patients end up in an semi vegetative state

schizophrenia is real for sure OP, but I agree. Many if not most mental illnesses are imaginary.
Depression is the worst offender. Sadness is part of life, its like saying feeling tired is an illness. When a person has extreme pain we break out the hardcore painkillers, but very few people have a legit reason to take them daily for the rest of their life. Even if there is a way to treat sadness there's no reason at all to be tampering with brain chemistry like that, 'titrating' up to a certain level, its sinister is what it is.
The psychosis that people enter into from years of polypharmacy on top of recreational drug use is also real, and is a much greater mental health problem than ones supposedly addressed by the mass marketing of 'happy pills' and amphetamine.
I'm not saying these substances should be illegal anymore than alcohol and tobacco but the pharmacologists are hypocrites for prescribing them like their healthy and necessary when they're neither.

I think the disconnect here is that most people who say they have mental illness are just faggots. We all experience things like anexiety and depression, a certain amount of faggots use that to play victim.

Then again there are probably conditions we would all agree are actual mental illness.

Yes, alot of it is.
It shadows the real cases.

I hope you never experience a heavy depression.

Fuck you op you don't know so you don't understand. I've had depression since I was 12 and only had relief when I was taking an antidepressant. Doctor took me off of it because he said it had done its job. One year later this shit came back and now I have absolutely no desire to have sex or even eat lunch/dinner. I eat about 500-1000 calories a day because by the time it's dark outside the sadness and hopelessness has grown to a point where food tastes like nothing to me and I have to energy to eat it anyway.
I want to die more than anything but I won't because of two people in my life that (at this point) I still can't bear to hurt despite this voice in my head (which is my own voice) screaming at me to just kill myself, among other terrible things that I know aren't true but get told to me by my own brain so often that I start to truly believe them.
I've only told my significant other this and only very recently. No one else knows I'm depressed because depressed people put on a face for others. Tell me again how I'm attention seeking.

Yea all those veterans that have PTSD and kill themselves are just weak pussies.

This term did not exist in the past

>post abpout his life problems
>Tell me again how I'm attention seeking

even if you are attention seeking i understand why you do this. i probably would do the same.

I've worked with literal insane people and there's no way you want some of these fuckers out in the open.

A lot of medical terms didn't exist in the past

Schizophrenic

Mental illness wasn't made up, but it sure has been (((stretched))) to include a lot of things that aren't mental illnesses, like hypermasculinity (autism) and high intelligence (autism).

>doesnt eat enough food for his brain to create important neurotransmitters responsible for mood/drive etc.
>cries on a bhutanese forum about being sad

I don't think you're suffering from depression user, I think you're suffering from being literally retarded

I would call people with these
>Serious mental illness
generally fucked up i the brain (more like returded)

It's just like people with ADHD, they're just hard to control or very happy/busy kids, theres no need to shove a bunch of different pills into their system.
People back in the day were ((autistic)) and they came out fine now that they're older. Without pills.

I would get why this would be a cold think to say, but I must agree.

fuck you too user, I think it's a good thing you're keeping it to yourself. I think every person has to deal with it themselves or might a significant other could help you with it. But definitely not some psychiatrist or a bunch of pills.

>Change my mind if you disagree please Sup Forums
you're right though user, sadness now = depression, being bored = add, it's all horseshit used to create a new protected class of faggots.

> OP asks on an anonymous image forum to explain why we think depression is real
>lol u posting abot ur depression proves OP's point xD
ok
Actually the eating less thing started about a month ago. I've had depression since I was twelve (minus a couple of years while I was on meds). There's no way you can claim not eating is a cause of it, when it's a very recent symptom.

generally fucked up in the brain or mentally retarded are just crude ways of saying mental illness.
If you are comparing pervasive paranoid hallucinations or vegetative depression to ADHD then you really have very little idea what you are talking about. Unfortunately until you deal directly with these people you won't understand it and you'll just keep saying silly things.
What kind of evidence would you like to see for mental illness?

Only a russian would believe this garbage.

heh, when I'm on my meds i am like angel, when i donot take my meds?... well... you better watch out, kid.. cause when i ain't taking the meds that the doc proscrybs... heh I'm like a demon... ready to strike ANYONE who gets in my way...

u r gay

As a person with autism I would of thought you would have more sympathy for other people.
Than again, lack of empathy is a sign of autism.

Your reductive view of a complex experiential phenomena is why people feel obligated to keep it to themselves in the first place, lest they have to explain it and be chastised for it.

You are a fucking idiot

depression symptoms

Feeling sad or having a depressed mood

Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed

Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting

Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much

Loss of energy or increased fatigue

Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., hand-wringing or pacing) or slowed movements and speech (actions observable by others)

Feeling worthless or guilty

Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions

Thoughts of death or suicide

Go back to whatever shitty social media you crawled from.

ITT: brainlets and arm-chair psychologists

that's really, really stupid

some people make things up for attention, but it doesn't change the fact that other people have legitimate brain problems. or do you actually believe that everyone's brain works perfectly?

I think its safe to assume almost every person has felt so down/unhappy in their life once that they though of killing themselves.

I think most people generally know how to deal with it and get on with life and learn from this process so they don't have to deal with it again in the future.
Tho other people get stuck into this loophole of ((depression)) and have no other way out other than a bunch of meds and/or a psychiatrist

If mental illness is made up then why am I a tranny?

t. triggered lefty.
there is a (((buzzfeed))) vid on this topic, sounds like you'd love it :^)

A lot of it can be fixed with better diet, exercise & sleep patterns.
So many guys let themselves go and then wonder why they are depressed all the time.

i would tell you to crawl back to whatever shitty country you came from, but it looks like you're already there :^)

Because you're mentally ill?

>be me chad who also does well at school
>bangs loads of hot girls
>has loads of friends
>go to one of the top 10 universities in the world
>get a job earning 6 figures in mid twenties
> have a mental breakdown
NOW
> unemployed
>ant social
> morbidly depressed suicidal
>completly crazy meds have helped stabilize me though
>for me it is an objective truth.

Do people use it as a victim card, YES
Are people over prescribed and over diagnosed, YES

But your a fucking retard if you don't 'believe' in mental illness if you spend some time, i hope you don't but I did in psychiatric institution you will realize how real it is and how crazy people are. People seeing shit, playing air violin. One flew's over the cookus nest isn't really a meme in its portrayal of a psychiatric ward in that people are genuinely that fucked up.

this.

Depression changes your thought processes and makes it harder to "deal with yourself" each passing day. You can't just "think yourself happy". It saps your energy and makes you lose interest in everything.
Also those pills were the only thing that made me feel like a normal person. When you have a mental illness for so long you forget completely what it's like to feel normal and think normal.
And a significant other can't help. Mine has said many times they feel helpless and don't know how to help me and just resort to making jokes to try and cheer me up.

You seem to be stuck on depression which I agree is a contentious issue, so first do you accept that there are other forms of mental illness? Your paranoid schizophrenia, severe forms of autism where they are unable to function, delusional disorders and other such things?

Sorry I didn't comment on your moronic comment but replied to you. Everything you said was true except for the last sentence

If you think ALL mental illness is made up you have never met any actual crazy people. Not tards that say they are half dragon/half chamber pot faggot but really crazy. If you had you would know there are legit crazy people and not in a controllable way.

If not your flat -earther tier.

I worked in a mental hospital for a few years. Some people have genuine problems with their brain that can be treated and cured. We used ECT (electro shock therapy) with great success on quite a few people, and some others improved with medication.

However, more than 50% of our patients were people who wanted to have some sort of excuse to avoid responsibility for their own life. That in itself is a problem, but not one that can be treated effectively with drugs and/or ECT.

I must disagree, I think its just a phase of your life every person has to go through, as I said a few times.
And
these things are imo default social skills you can learn yourself very easily, i did so myself too, I used to be a lifeless unsocial kid, than I just went to socialize with people and started a whole new chapter in life.

Psychiatric nurse fag here, mental illness is real, but many are trying to make a meal ticket out of it, we're seeing fewer things like psychosis as antipsychotics and early intervention services help a lot... On the other hand, many more 'personality' and behavioural admissions or druggies with substance related damage. I think the wards are a good representation for the moral and social decline of civilization

Good. People's problems are their own. They have to solve their shit by themselves.

Trips of truth

I already admitted to being nuts

wut?

SBPB. It's not something you want to discuss.

As someone who works in a locked unit i can tell you straight out a lot of it is behavioral shit that people develop from experincing some horrible fucking situations in combination with extensive drug use to escape coping with their reality. All schizophrenia is the lose of ability to maintain in current reality. People have breaking points, it isn't bullshit.

>heh I'm like a demon... ready to strike ANYONE who gets in my way...

t. the sickest cunt

Well I have a genetic pre-disposition. My father is high functioning bipolar my grandmother was just a house wife she commited suicide. I have mania where I don't need to sleep or little periods of sleep maybe a total of 2 or 3 hour a week and I'm highly efficient in these times and other times in the depths of hell.

What state do you work in? Haven't seen elctroshock used in awhile. Granted i don't work in a state hospital.

Thankfully those moments are controlled now due to meds. I'd be dead without meds 100%.
Now im slowly getting to a point of self reliance and normalcy. I post this on Sup Forums but the only people who know I have this is my parents and sister.

Do you believe you could integrate well in a collectivist society, like South Korea or Japan?

It's used a lot here is straya, especially for depression

If mental illness isn't real, how do you explain suicide or suicidal ideation?

Awful, at least the general idea of it, but hey if it works, Don't know the science behind it so i can't comment on it.

I have no idea, I feel under medication and with the things needed (exercise,eating right, socializing ect.)I could intergrate well into any civilized society. As I said I went to a university that is in the top 10 in the world it was number 4 when I went there. People would never believe I had a mental illness if I told them because im very sociable but I think this a common thing among bipolar people the whole life of the party to mask the horror inside thing.

it works incredibly well. They get put under general and a seizure is induced, i'm not 100% on the science behind it some frog noticed that his epileptic patients recovered from their depression after a seizure.
The whole procedure takes maybe 5 minutes

>got diagnosed With ADHD when i was 3
>undiagnosed ADHD when i was 13
>When i was 15 my psychologist said i had psychosis.

it seems like ADHD has the most misdiagnoses. some children are wilder then their counterpart. but i dont deny it. but think its overdiagnosed.

i got diagnosed by psychosis because of my School. since they tought i was depressed. at that time i would hallucinate shadows and have delusions of demons stalking me. i told the school nurse after a couple of Meetings we had about how i had it at home.

i think that the serious mental illneses takes longer to confirm because they are serious and not like ADHD, autism. if those illnesess arent severe tough.

I thought it was barbaric but it does seem to work for people.

Wonder if feeling like they were going to die put life in perspective

what do you mean?

Did you under go est?

Ive had several near death experiences and wanted with every inch of myself to die and it didnt fix or change anything.

I find that bipolar people have volatile self-images due to unbridled individualism. When you manage to inflate it, you feel powerful as fuck, but as you know it's a fragile thing. Putting yourself in a situation in which you are encouraged to subordinate your interests to society's may teach you how to fix this issue. Ironically, your degree of self-determination will likely increase.

Mental illnesses are implicitly white
If you don't have at least one you're not white
If you don't believe in mental illness you are a nigger

Can you elaborate more on that? Do you mean that healthy people, who are mentally stressed enough, can "snap" or have a breakdown?

I mean the experince of being electrocuted cant be something that is taken lightly, again i don't know the science of it, but i'd probably change my outlook on life if i was being shocked into having seizures.