Thoughts on MHA and black clover becoming part of the new big three replacements for Naruto and bleach

Thoughts on MHA and black clover becoming part of the new big three replacements for Naruto and bleach

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1389877&show=0
comicbook.com/anime/2017/10/06/viz-media-announces-sped-up-release-dates-for-my-hero-academia-m/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doesn't h x h amd haikyuu sell more than both of these?

Even Naruto and Bleach are more superior than both BC and MHA combine

for the moment bnha has sold about 10 million copies, maybe 12 or 13 who cares

bleach which was the least successful of the big three ended its run with 90 million copies sold

the new big 3 is a meme, bnha is barely prime soul eater level

They're not part of a new "big 3". They don't sell enough to receive that honor. The sales are actually fairly abysmal compared to the big 3.

>big 3
when will you meme-spouters stop this shit, there is no Big 3 currently and there will not be one for quite some time, the Big 3 got it's name because they resurrected anime in the west by themselves, for the better or worse, were in the same genre and belonged to the same magazine, before the big 3 anime was even more niche and was dying in here, these new series don't have thay kind of impact, the closest we got recently is SnK and that belongs to other magazine and has a different market in the west than OP's for example, we might never see another big 3 in our lifetimes, and I don't have a problem with that

Doesn't matter HxH is always on hiatus and HQ is Sport Manga.

Honestly BC gained its status as BNHA killer, so it's no use putting it in the same league as BC better yet is OP,BC,Neverland.

Is the industry doing well if shit isn't selling that much anymore? Or is it just Jump that is on its last breath?

In what way? BC sells terribly compared to MHA, even when you compare pre-2016 (ie. debut of MHA's anime) material.

Things are selling just as well, if not better. But the figures people only ever look at and argue over are physical sales. There's been a huge rise in digital sales over the last few years, which Bleach and Naruto never got to have.

Christ you MHAfags keep bragging about sales. you will soon see why it is called the mha killer

Right, name calling. Of course. Why did I expect anything else? Great. Mature. So, please enlighten me. How does a series 'kill' another series, if not in popularity? Which is measured in the amount a series is supported by its fanbase? Also known as volume sales and tv ratings...

Are you trying to out shitpost him?

How is what i'm saying, in any conceivable way, 'shitposting'?

>Consistently great animation
>Well Directed
>Excellent music
>Actual world building with no infodumps
>MC isn't a beta bitch
>Actually has a personality
>Actual character motivations
>Unique rival dynamic
>Isn't literally kids bop the anime
>No high school setting

I haven't read the manga but this is already leagues beyond anything bnh has done. All the insecure fags jumping to attack this show is icing on the cake.

Your writing style and everything.

But the BC are the ones attacking. bnh fans don't give a fuck about this fake rivalry. Ask them on their opinion on BC and they either don't care about it or don't even know what it is.

>bnh fans don't give a fuck about this fake rivalry
This is plain wrong

Have you seen the amount of mhafags invading BC threads just to shit on it?

Not really. I have seen people calling everyone saying anything bad or even just memeing a bnhfag but I haven't seen any connection that actually shows they are.

Nigga where that fuck were you living?

Consistently...over 2 episodes... sure, you think that's what that word means. Well directed? Are you kidding? Over-reliance on sight gags is not a good directorial use of screen time. Music's fine, but isn't as good as Hayashi's work, in any of his shows. Good world building? Wait, what? We know Asta and Yuno want to be a magic knight, sure, but after two episodes we don't even know what magic knights do!!! Are you sure about that? He gave up pretty damn easily before the words of encouragement from Yuno, a previous 'beta bitch', which isn't all too masculine... Yeah, a personality that lends itself to being punchable 24/7. Motivations? Material greed? Yeah, how inspiring. And as for the whole 'I want to be Magic King/Emperor so that it proves anyone can do it, because I'm an orphan', why can't he just support Yuno? They literally have the same goal, there's little to no distinction. And the rival dynamic is hardly unique. Hell, there's hardly a dynamic. Yuno's hardly ever present in the story!!

Those are false flagger tho? they even doing the same on Bnha thread but they always getting ignored.

My writing style? As in coherent and in proper English? Like your own response? I don't see the difference here.

The big 3 were called the big 3 for a reason: regardless of their quality, they were ridiculously, insanely popular. you can't just artificially designate a new "big 3" with whatever three shows are doing alright right now because you want something to fill the void.

As in just question after question. As in constant repetition. As in ellipses. Ugh. Maybe its hard for you to notice how obnoxious you sound. You really don't see it? Sure.

Pretty much. They revived the popularity of anime in the west, and they were comparable because they were all shonen, published in the same magazine. The big 3 isn't even a thing in Japan, just in the west. But anime is generally more popular now. There isn't really a need for a group of series to revive the medium here, as it's not dead anymore. We should be able to just enjoy any number of series.

How about you BCfags start your thread without inviting them?

Wait, what's the difference between me using multiple questions (which kind of makes sense for me to do, when i'm asking multiple questions) when compared to your numerous short sentence. You're using this same, apparently obnoxious, style of writing.

>You're using this same, apparently obnoxious, style of writing.
Yes that was the joke here. I was imitating you to show you how horrible it looks.

I genuinely thought you were trying to shitpost.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the way you styled your last reply. It was coherent and easily readable, compared to some of the garbled mess on here, which is hardly punctuated.

Nope, genuinely not. Always trying to just have a structured debate, which I find is helped by proper punctuation and sentence structure.

you're both children who read childrens manga
read opm

So something I've noticed is that a lot of people on Sup Forums just loves bashing on Black Clover, the fanbase most notorious for doing it is none other than MHAfags. And to be honest, I think this all boils down to jealousy.

Black Clover for one, has better characters. The females in this manga are actually useful and the heroine actually gets character development unlike MHA's. And the rival is actually mature and cool, unlike MHA's who's one dimensional and angry 24/7 for no reason at all.

Characters is just one of the few areas where Black Clover outclasses MHA.

As far as I see, right now the big three in the west are : DBS, SNK, OPM

Black Clover is shockingly bad and I dropped it after like a dozen chapters. Are people seriously trying to defend it and talk it up? Lol!

This
OPM is superior

I honestly read BC expecting it to be the worst manga in history, but it was surprisingly good, not THAT good but still.
I don't understand all the hate surrounding it.

Yeah, potentially. DBS and SNK for sure, if we're just talking about shows that stand out above the rest, in terms of popularity. I'd say OPM is up for contention though. 6 months ago? Absolutely. But MHA really is blowing up in the west. And if MHA S3 comes out before OPM S2, it really could become a tight race. OPM has 2 problems. Loss of hype over time, due to the S2 delays, which is felt by anyone who's watched it to some extent. The other aspect affects those in the know, which is that they are worried by the loss of Madhouse (but more importantly, the old director) from the production of S2. If Bones smash MHA S3 out of the park, before OPM S2 even airs, then it'll be hard to call over which is bigger in the west, I think.

This chapter honestly made me laugh so fucking much , I don't remember laughing this hard to any other manga

HxH outsells them newfag.

>MHA really is blowing up in the west
?
The best thing I have seen is that BNH ranking 1st in the monthly sales in the US for the first time during its running

Whatever problems you have with BNHA you cannot even put BC close to it and I'm not even trying to shit post the two.

BC is so fucking bad, Obviously I'm being a little foolish by going off two episodes of the anime but this show just doesn't have that spark at all. Yuno is the only interesting character so far but he's obviously that bitch who gets outshined by Asta all the time.

>If Bones smash MHA S3 out of the park,
That was probably the best arc of the manga so far so maybe there is hope.

BNHfags BTFO

Not that user and I don't get sales.
Ranking 1st isn't something good?

Well yeah, it had 16 years on MHA to build a fanbase. Of course it's going to sell better...

One piece also btfo apparently.

>Ranking 1st isn't something good?
It is good, but when you compare it to what OPM have accomplished in the west , it will be little to nothing

The age of the manga means a little to the popularity.
OP explode in popularity in 2009 when the marine Ford arc begin

Sure, it's not the sole factor, but it certainly helps. HxH has three big things going for it. Age (1998, so it's been around in the public conscience for a long time) and two anime adaptations. The two were spaced apart also, which helped to capture two decades worth of manga/anime fans. Also Togashi was far more well known when he started HxH because of YYH, compared to Horikoshi when he started MHA. This already insures a solid foundation of fans, bound to follow their favourite author's new work.

OPM is still BTFOing almost every single manga in France (the second biggest market in the west), and it also break a record of the best lunching manga in France ever since death note lunching.
Not to mention it was in the top 10 best selling manga in the US for 75 weeks straight (and probably even more than 100 weeks now) if it weren't for the NY site to remove the weekly news sales

>And the rival is actually mature and cool

Hell Yuno is not even a character at this point and you compare him to Bokugou?

Black Clover is a replacement for Fairy Tail, not for Naruto or Bleach.

Well, only time will determines if bnh will become more popular than it is now which I doubt.
I want to see if AFO vs OFA will boost the sales , if it doesn't then I don't think anything will be able to do it

>new big 3
>one piece started a decade before these series and will keep going even after they finish
really makes you think.

Ofc a BC thread was overrun by MHAfags, srysly can you just get off BC threads? I know you guys are somewhat scared of MHA being surpassed but just give it a chance it might be good.

Shonens are dead by now. Naruto was utter shit, Bleach was 5/10 meh. MHA and BC are even worse!
Seven Deadly Sins are probably the only decent one these days, but by the golden age of shonen standarts it's shit.
Nothing can top HnK, YuHaku and Dragon Ball.
One piece is slowly dying

Dbs is garbage but I think you are right.

Not sure if opm is popular enough here though.

I wonder how opm is doing here in belgium then.

Trash doesn't result in bad sales though.

So far Black Clover is pretty shitty

bakugou is absolute cancer for muh bad boi tumblrinas, any other character is preferable to this sperg

>OP explode in popularity in 2009 when the marine Ford arc begin
Uh...OP has always been fucking popular you newshit it didn't just explode in popularity in 2009 it gained even more of a following

Cool horseshit bro

>be black clover
>make an MC even more obnoxious than naruto
>be naruto's successor

it checks out

You could't even be more wrong
You've been living under a rock then. Its been doing so well that Viz wants to catch up with the Japanese release and is doing one volume per month starting next year the same shit they did with Naruto years back to catch up which they don't do with titles unless they're tremendously popular.

boku no hero academia is literally naruto but not as shit

>didn't just explode in popularity in 2009 it gained even more of a following
Same shit

No? Also this isn't the first time OP got a boost in sales it just goes to show that a manga can attract new readers as it goes at any time.

myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1389877&show=0
>C-cool horse s-shit

>Says nothing about OPM sales being as you exaggerated
>One Piece and Naruto still sells more even fucking Fairy Tail is a challenge for it

So much for BTFO of the competition

This.
It's not about 3, it could have been the big 4 or more.

Big 3 is not "an empty spot" to be filled, sales are what make a series a "big" one.
Only One Piece, One Punch Man and Attack on Titan are worth the "big" title.
But the last two do not have a multi yers running anime, thus not having the same impact as the big 3.

You're a fucking idiot.

>the big 3
There was no such thing. A few people just coined that name when they noticed a bunch of shonen series were hitting their stride at the same time

I always forgot, what were the original big3?
OP, Naruto and HiatusxHiatus or bleach?

Actually MHA has been selling more than Bleach for a year now. Bleach at its peak never sold over a million copies and One Piece and Naruto were abnormalities.

>You could't even be more wrong
You could't even be more wrong
>Its been doing so well that Viz
No shit, shit ton of manga/light novels are doing well
>is doing one volume per month starting next year the same shit they did with Naruto years back
I want to see an evidence.
They doing a Volume every month the same as Naruto as you say(even tho you're full of bs) =/= the popularity of Naruto

HxH doesnt even have the same demographic as those mangas, it's more popular with adults and women.

>>Says nothing about OPM sales being as you exaggerated
Literally said "OPM is still BTFOing almost every single manga".
Can you read that "almost" ?
And cool way to to ignore the record that OPM has broken

>NO U
Great agument

>No shit, shit ton of manga/light novels are doing well
Nope

>They doing a Volume every month the same as Naruto as you say(even tho you're full of bs) =/= the popularity of Naruto
comicbook.com/anime/2017/10/06/viz-media-announces-sped-up-release-dates-for-my-hero-academia-m/
Yeah Viz is doing one volume per month on a series that's not popular. That's how stupid you sound. Tokyo Ghoul is also getting the same treatment.

>Only One Piece, One Punch Man and Attack on Titan are worth the "big" title.
I agree

wow, what an achievement.

>Seven Deadly Sins are probably the only decent one these day
Seven Sins art is uttershit. No idea how people bring themselves to look at that crap.
YuHaku is shit and forgotten.

This is what happens when you don't read your own data folks and you wind up sauying stupid shit like OPM BTFO of every manga in France.

>Bleach at its peak never sold over a million copies
It did actually

It didn't.

>This is what happens when you don't read your own data
SeePathetic

>Only One Piece, One Punch Man and Attack on Titan are worth the "big" title.
OPM doesn't sell close to the amount as those two do in Japan in fact it gets beaten by Kingdom and Tokyo Ghoul

it does in the west though
and the big title is only for manga which became super popular in the west

>Great agument
Said by the one who said "You could't even be more wrong" without giving any reason why.
>Yeah Viz is doing one volume per month on a series that's not popular
Nice putting words into my mouth.
I said it isn't at the same popularity as big three, when it starts selling like OPM and TG& SNK did in the west, then you have the right of calling it one of the big 3

>One Punch Man
Kek. Less sales than HxH and even Tokyo Ghoul.

We are talking about the west

Where do you get sales figures for the west?

>Black Clover thread ends up hardly being about Black Clover
>The other one is on life support even though the 2nd episode came out

>and the big title is only for manga which became super popular in the west
Then One Piece shouldnt belong there and MHA have been outselling AoT for close to a year now in the West even TG does better than it now.
>when it starts selling like OPM and TG& SNK did in the west,
Its been outselling Attack On Titan for a year now. Do you just love being wrong or are you just that retarded?

The west you dumb fuck

You don't know how complex Bokugou is