>literally had no character other than his daddy issues
> becomes a massive fan-favorite DBZ character

???

It's still more than every other DBZ charactet

lol

Nobody cares about DBZ

the main audience of anime is boys with daddy issues
was easy to relate

Maybe he just appealed to people with similar issues?

The funny thing is that the VA's second big role is being the daddy.

It's because he has a sword, he's a time traveler, killed frieze super easy and has a tragic backstory.
Really not that hard to figure out.

its the sword and badboy additude.

When I was a kid, I identified as Gohan but wanted to be Trunks. I thought he was cool, sexy, and badass.

That the two androids saga was the best, the time travel didnt fix his world, and he knew it, and still went and saved his alternates future was still worth getting his ass killed. The scene of mirai Gohan getting killed was excellently donr the theme used made it more painful, the backflashes of everyone getting killed added a lot of seriousness instead of more goofy ass goku seeing everything as a light spar. Trunks made the best he could and that was it, then left and solved his own timeline alone, instead of plaguing shit forever and ever.

well the majority of fanbase are blacks so....

His head is as big as his torso

best post

>has a cool jacket
>badass af
>sword
>time travel
>awesome backstory

why not

I actually hated Trunks because his hair was so gay. My favorite was Teen Gohan since he looked so fucking cool, especially in SSJ2. Adult Gohan is a faggot though.

History of Trunks had nothing to do with his daddy issues.

I was surprise Trunks took so much shit from Vegeta, I guess they wanted to make him come up as a bitch even though I didn't see the point of it.

Trunks has a background story, a personality, relationships with people, even non-family ones, he has fights against various enemies, a love life (in Super), friends, etc.

Ace from One Piece is a fan-favorite despite having no character other than being someone's family member

>Trunks has a personality

lol

Because he looks cool and got a really sick introduction. I'll admit that my love of Trunks is mostly down to his aesthetic and the fact that he's one of the few characters who doesn't fuck around when it comes to fighting. No cockiness or allowing his opponents to get stronger so the fight will be more fair. Just deals with the threat as quickly as possible.

But he never was a "badboy". More of a mommy's boy with more balls than brains.

it was his introduction. he has one of the goat introduction's in anime, he just comes and rapes the main boss and he has a sword