HAPENING! RICK SCOTT SIGNED GUN CONTROL BILL

>Florida Gov. Rick Scott defied his longtime allies at the National Rifle Association Friday to sign into law a new set of gun regulations, three weeks after a school shooting claimed 17 lives in his state.

>The law, passed by Republican legislative leaders and a number of Democrats, marks a major shift for a state known as a laboratory for gun rights legislation, including legal protections for people who use guns in self-defense and an expansive concealed carry law.

>The Florida law imposes a three-day waiting period for most purchases of long guns, raises the minimum age for purchasing those weapons to 21, and ban the possession of bump stocks, devices that can make semi-automatic weapons fire like fully-automatic firearms.

>Opponents of the new law have threatened to punish the governor. “By signing this bill, Gov. Scott has demonstrated that the support of gun owners is not important to him,” said Eric Friday, the general counsel of Florida Carry, a gun rights group. “I expect it to play a large role in his Senate race.”

(don't know how to archive so here is the link) washingtonpost.com/powerpost/florida-gov-rick-scott-breaks-with-nra-to-sign-new-gun-regulation/2018/03/09/e5d1f02e-23b2-11e8-86f6-54bfff693d2b_story.html?utm_term=.68482bb7d91a

Damn it, this sucks for me as an 18-year-old gun owner. What can I do to salvage the gunshine state?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30E5P12DVEk
adamputnam.com/home/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Self-Bump for importance.

bump

I said he was gonna sign it, he literally wrote it. He wants Senate and he's gonna throw all his stated ideals under the bus for it. The gunshine state is now dead.

SHALL

Floridian here. Rick Scott has always been a corrupt criminal piece of shit. Maybe better than a dem, but barely. No big shock that he would do what he thinks is politically expedient.

I wonder if the three day waiting period encompasses shipping time for online orders. For example, if you sign the FFL delivery acceptance contract 3 days prior to the delivery and pick-up, could you take it home on the spot, or does the timer begin to run at the point of sale?

Anyway, stupid law that does nothing but annoy people.

>raises the minimum age for purchasing those weapons to 21
That's going to get nuked into the ground by the supreme court

youtube.com/watch?v=30E5P12DVEk

The bumpstock thing is so vague that if you've ever lived your gun or worked on your trigger you're now a fellon

(((They’ve))) won.

Next is triggers under a certain weight

Trump has nothing to do with Florida state law.

it was the right thing to do, this took courage, lot of crazy redneck gun nuts in the panhandle

government by false flag terrorism

Fuck off with that faggot shit.

He's complicit in the shooting hoax, therefor he does not support the constitution

The question is if this will stop any mass shootings that you hear about? Probably not. So it's ultimately pointless and you just end up pissing off both sides. Dems are pissed of that it's not enough and repubs are pissed off that it was done in the first place. Very stupid move.

At least post the full bill, I disagree with the gun control parts but arming teachers and having one Marshall for every 1000 students is nice.

I wouldn’t have voted for it but at least some good comes from it.

Its a solid compromise bill, good to see it go into law.
>b-but muh 18 year old gun owners!
Stop being agelets.

>long guns
Every time I read this i want to bash my head against a wall

God, I wish I were 18 in florida. I'd go to buy a gun, get denied, and sue the absolute shit out of the state. This is so clear cut unconstitutional that prosecutors would be ripping their pants off just to have me choose them for this case. The payout from this would be amazing and I'd be set for life.

The arming teachers thing is useless. County's can opt-out and force teacher's who want to take part not able to. It might as well not even be in the bill.

How do they specify bump stocks?

"Rapid Fire Accessory". They just made up words.

So if I make a robot that can fire a gun quickly I become a felon? Or if I use my finger and the recoil of the gun I become a felon too?

What about Jerry Miculek?

Are you in some way grandfathered, kid? Or are you supposed to surrender your weapons now?

If my state gets a bump ban, do I have to cut the belt loops out of all my pants and give them up?

Rick scott is a RINO, so glad i left that shit state

Gun Mommy can't be too pleased with this.

When are we going to pass a nigger ban?

guess you better cut off your fingers and shoulders.

This is going to hurt the GOP, badly.
Huge part of the GOP base is the religious right and gun toting rednecks(said as lovingly as possible)
They keep shitting on the base and it's going to bite them in the ass.

damn what a fag

Are they raising the military age to 21 too?

So what are the odds that everyone that voted for this gets replaced by pro gun people during this year's elections?

They need the serial number, so no.

>RICK SCOTT SIGNED GUN CONTROL BILL
We should have made Obama Governor of Florida, at least our gun rights wold still be intact

Zero percent chance.

Lol what? You think laws are fair or equal ? Lol

Welp, time to sue.

>I wonder if the three day waiting period encompasses shipping
When younger we use to buy and sell shitty little $50 Jennings and highpoints from private sellers for cheep and just trade them in to avoid waiting periods on shit we really wanted until we got carry licences

Boomer trampling on the rights of young people? No surprise
Rick Scott isn’t even from Florida

BE WALKED OVER TILL EXTREMELY DIRTY AND SOILED.
>GET IT YET?

Getting closer to a Canadian every day that goes by famalam.

They don't give a shit about school shootings user, some CIAnigger warned us that they are just waiting for another school shooting to sign their per-determined gun control bill they have. This Satanist are going full force on their plans for some reason, usually they wait as long as they need too.

The whole state would have a culture to that of the Panhandle if it weren’t for immigration
Miami is literally less than 5% white

holy fug Lincoln Rockwell in the background

>So what are the odds that everyone that voted for this gets replaced by pro gun people during this year's elections?
Adam Putnam is running for Florida Governor

He's the guy who signs our concealed carry licences now
adamputnam.com/home/

this is what happens when gun owners spend all their time shoveling money to the NRA instead of calling their state reps and actually organizing
boomers BTFO
it's going to be funny to see how many of them keep their NRA ratings lol

>Yes! Bend the knee goyim! Be a good citizen!
Pussy

The supreme court has been avoiding gun cases recently

This exactly. He's absolute scum, but he was better than that other Dem fuck in the election a couple years ago.

Where are the bills to make the government and police do their fucking job?

big deal
just take your dad or brothers gun...

I love Trump for inspiring the gun grab! BASED!

Is he up for re-election?

ShareBlue is working hard today

Wrong. Your NICS background check is good for 30 days. If you purchase the firearm, run NICS, and then wait for it show up to FFL then you can pick it up the day it comes in.

Ha. Welcome to Illinois.

You think calling them does anything? Do you not remember the dumbass Bernouts trying to phone bank or whatever? It does nothing.

Without Trump this gun drama wouldn't even be happening.

>It does nothing.

in Virginia we have a state-focused gun group
every year we have a "lobby day" where we show up at the state house and talk to reps
years ago we got the ability for CCW permit holders to carry in bars and restaurants so long as they don't consume alcohol, and we did it without the NRA
the group is nothing compared to the NRA, it's little more than a facebook group andsome people that show up for meetings every now and then yet we're still better off than Florida
the biggest lesson from the Bernie campaign was that money only does so much and sometimes you need bodies

I am an 18-year-old gun owner. You are no better then the fudds that allowed the SWB of 94' pass.

>nb4 you are too young to care about about AWB
Sir, it is the principal behind it.

It's god awful. Bump stocks and anything which would "increase the rate of fire" is now considered a felony to possess. This means all binary triggers are banned but also any drop in triggers or adjustments below 5.5lbs is a felony too since they could "increase the rate of fire". Not sure if this will expand further but almost anything not stock like a lightweight bolt carrier or different springs could also be banned.

bump

>this is what happens when gun owners spend all their time shoveling money to the NRA

Yeah, they did.

>Its a solid compromise bill, good to see it go into law.
I hope your 8yr accidentally discharges you in the face tonight in your sleep. You get the rope too

That smirk doesn't seem as proud today, gunshiners. But, I thought it was just a Cali problem... Maybe we should wall off Florida?

Or maybe you dumbasses can get with the fuckin program now that you're stepping in the same shit.

>post tfw cali gun owners lead the revolution that saves america

nobody gives a shit about any of those things

>ban bump stocks
>which were not even used in the shooting
hmm, what did they mean by this

it's chilling how everyone turns blind eye to such an ominous and aggressive racism from the media and 70% of politicians. remember: south africa is sort of an endgame

that's the redneck riviera to you suh.