Bleach

What Went Wrong?

Well, first of all you posted a color page from one of the first chapters comparing it to a random page from 15 years of weekly slavery that fucked Kubo's arms later.

The plot went nowhere, a bloated cast; main character being passive, art feels empty.

>What Went Wrong?
I liked it. Did it drop in quality in terms of story-telling? Yes without a doubt, but the KUBO moments made up for it, and I really enjoyed his characters. You just gotta learn not to take it that seriously after a certain point. I feel like a lot of people forget that this is aimed back at kids in nipland.

Kubo used his bankai, it allows him to remove the background without his editor noticing.

>complaining about the backgrounds
You do realize that backgrounds are left to the assistants 99.9% of the time, right? That means Kubo told his assistants not to draw them. He even admitted in his latest interview that he didn't let his assistants do much because he didn't want their influence to show.

I would assume traditional to digital swap.

It ruined artists.

>It ruined artists.
M I U R A

He had to put effort back then to sell, after it got popular, no effort was needed since people would eat any shit he does

It wasn't enjoyable though. I stopped in the middle of the last arc once I realized I no longer gave a shit about anything that was happening and fights weren't near good enough to be a drawing point.

>I realized I no longer gave a shit about anything that was happening
Well I did. Not everyone shares you opinion user.

He's commented on it whenever it's brought up that he likes that aesthetic because it places all the emphasis on the characters and makes them the most important thing in the frame with nothing to distract from that.

NIHILISTIC MINIMALIST ART

I personally never had problems with the whole background thing. A lot of older manga don't have much background detail anyways.

He’s an “artist that wants to draw cool shit” first and storyteller second. Basically he treats his manga like high art rather than storytelling medium

It’s pretty evident, especially in how he usually incorporates chapter titles into the panels themselves

kek

Miura isn't even half as bad as Shirow. His quality of work took such a giant dive.

What is this Jaden-tier philosophy

See, then when he dies he realizes what it really means to love.

Well true but I'm just saying it became shit. Opinions and all that.

The final arc was cut way too short. Kenpachi's released form amounted exactly to nothing. The silver arrow had no buildup for the impact it had. Fights in the finale like those quincy statues Chad fought or the miracle guy had literally no meaning other than give illusion of other guys doing anything meaningful.
Like, maybe adaptations will somewhat fix it, like ninja storm did with Naruto?
Any plans for anime to continue by the way?

>but I'm just saying it became shit
I think every arc even the last two had its fair of great scenes.

Passive is one of the best ways to describe Ichigo.
Something going on behind the scenes about how his world works was being covered up, yet he shows absolutely no curiosity and was content to be Soul Society's servant.

Though if you compared his early color pages to his later color pages, the same shift in aesthetic would be apparent.

Kubo was all style, no substance.
Every arc he'd introduce shiny new characters and important plot points, but then do nothing of note with them.
One example:
>Who said the Espada go from one 1 to 10? Yammy is really 0, the strongest of them all!
>Loses off-screen to Byakuya and Kenpachi who spend more time bickering with each other than fighting him. It's like the "1" tattoo never even came off.
Honestly, that was the tipping point where people started realizing Kubo lived in the moment and relied on meaningless shock value over actual plot development.

Overall. I'd say Bleach's weakest point was the world building.

>was content to be Soul Society's servant.
He literally went against SS when he went to rescue Orihime at HM.

And after that he officially became a Shinigami representative in the human world.

In other words, the best way to describe Ichigo is selfish.
If it doesn't personally concern him or his friends then he doesn't give a shit.

>If it doesn't personally concern him or his friends then he doesn't give a shit.
He also cared about his town.

Are you comparing a page that was originally in color to one that was made in black and white from the beginning?

>shift in aesthetic

Toriko