youtube.com/watch?v=77J-kuy9oHc
youtube.com/watch?v=uRcsPmTYkxI
youtube.com/watch?v=l8pD9axPmcw
strawpoll.me/14133033
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hantaa kurosu hantaa

Hanta Hanta

>tfw another hiatus
I marathoned through the whole series, and I gotta say, it's one of my favourite shounen now.

>he watched the shitty 2011 version

Its so accurate its terrifying

So I'm 42 chapters into this and so far I haven't been wow'd or amazed by anything with this series, I mean, I haven't been bored at least, surprisingly I actually find myself having to force myself to stop reading at times, but yeah, so far this hasn't been anything huge to me yet. Is it just me?
Hisoka's pretty great though, I like him a lot.

What's the big deal about Satotz having a less fancy chair?

If you pay close attention, when things start coming together you will realize how much the characters make sense and obviously how good and interesting the battles are since nen is a solid hability that is actually bound by its rules (and that's why so much build up in heaven's arena).

Nice bait

Whats the movie on the right

I'm reading through the manga for the first time and have just gotten to the Yorknew City arc. When does the dark shit kick in?

>b8
this is what 2011 kids really think??
MadHouse totally fucked up pacing, art-design, and especially everything about NewShin arc.

There was literally a fag like you yesterday who said the exact same thing you did

>actually bound by its rules
unless your name is crapika

What rules did he break, pray tell

I really can't find the appeal of the Chimera Arc. Was mostly boring with a lot of small interesting moments. The worst part was focusing on a set of characters and then switching to other characters for 2-3 episodes and then switch again. Really felt unfocused.

Doubt that... I'm in the middle of greed Island and just feels like a fun anime. Nothing crazy

Yorknew arc was shit dude. Only two fights in the arc is fucking terrible.

You fucking serious?
YorkShin was the goddamn pinnacle of the series! Superb atmosphere and tension, lots of character growth.

I think it's mostly because of poor adaptation. MadHouse seemed to do a bit too straight manga-2-anime adaptation with HxH, resulting things feeling very floaty and too slow for its own good. This is something 1999 version avoided, by actually ADAPTING the source material to new media format, adding and altering content where it fit in order to create a more cohesive, engaging experience.

All the character arcs came together in the end, mostly plotwise but at the very least they tied in with each other thematically. I know what you mean because it's frustrating as fuck to get into one storyline then jump to the next, but it's pretty much delayed gratification. It all builds up into one big climax. It's a bit unfocused at the start as he's getting into introducing the ants but by the end it was multiple simultaneous storylines with very clear direction and connections between them.

Chimera shit fans ladies and gentlemen.

I really wonder what you niggers get out of saying the same thing all the time

Save the 1999 2001 shit flinging for when Kurapika's arc starts again and the chapters are so boring Sup Forums doesn't even take about.

B-But I thought ChimerAnts was loved by everyone? I mean that arc only had two fights too but they were alot better.

I really think the old version had better art direction. The new version is still superior (except Hisokas voice since it was so perfect in the original).

Considering that fans only ever talk about the same two fights from CA anyway it pretty much balances out.

>shitty
>2011 looks much better
What did he mean by this

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hunter x Hunter. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theor

it looks sharper and that's about it

So has there been an announcement on when its going to come back?

I-Its still gonna come back this year r-right g-guys? r-right?

gon is the shittiest shonen protagonist of all time

>Killuafag shrieks as he wishes the gaystu assassin was the real MC

well to be fair he is more interesting

>no new IP

The only thing Killua has going is his family and that just brings boring and/or melodramatic nonsense.

>the new version is still superior
nah, it really isn't. Not only is the art-design worse (what's up with the CMYK color palette?), there's often practically NO animation, the all-knowing narrator is an idiotic addition, and the overall cinematography is just bad.

and gon doesnt have even that

Why has Togashi gotten so lazy with Killua?

I guess Killuafags will eat that shit up regardless

This was literally my first post in an HxH thread

>
Yeah yeah, first post on Sup Forums, rarely browse, etc.

No, I've browsed Sup Forums for years, I was just genuinely curious if this is a normal feeling with this manga or not

>you will never experience Yorknew and the palace part of Chimera Ant arc for the first time ever again

who's that?

best theme youtube.com/watch?v=77J-kuy9oHc

that's a painting , user.

1000 yard stare

I like this song
youtube.com/watch?v=uRcsPmTYkxI

>YorkShin was the goddamn pinnacle of the series!
>Superb atmosphere and tension, lots of character growth
>lots of character growth
Nigga where? Kurapika was the only guy that may have experienced the shit you're talking about but literally no one cares.

Call me back when the Phantom Troupe aren't evil one-dimensional crybabies. Also I'd still smash that big nosed jew with Machi sitting on my face.

This post gave me diarrhea.

youtube.com/watch?v=l8pD9axPmcw

Was the Phantom Troupe inspired by horror characters?
Chrollo - Devil
Hisoka - Evil clown
Uvogin - Werewolf
Nobunaga - Samurai ghost?
Feitan - Vampire
Phinks - Curse of the pharaohs
Machi - Jorogumo
Franklin - Frankenstein
Pakunoda - Witch
Kortopi - Sadako
Bonolenov - Mummy
Kalluto - Hell girl
So what is Shalnark?

Kurapicucks aren't exactly known for their high intellect.

I watched the 1999 version way back and Yorkshin + Greed island were my favorite arcs. Maybe I need to properly watch the 2011 series again so I know if they ruined Yorkshin since so many don't seem to like it.

>madhouse
>shitty

Chrollo: J*sus
Uvogin: Yasuke
Nobunaga: Nobunaga
Feitan: Hiei/Karasu
Machi: Kunoichi
Kortopi: Cousin It
Kalluto: Sailor Saturn

Kurapika is cool

You forgot your frog image.

they aren't shitty but lets stop pretending they are top notch in everything

Your post gave me the shits. If you got nothing constructive to say, then I guess I was right. Thanks for the concession.

Least favourite MC, but I still love to read his thought process in every situation he's in.
I miss the generals.

That's how Sup Forums is you newshit. You get what you give.

what the fuck is his problem?

You're proving me right again you dirty slut. Stop being a Huntafag Huntafag and embrace some common sense.

This, I don't get why people think they're owed a serious reply when they make an embarrassing shit post

Is there a compilation of these sketches?

Start buying the volumes, user

I bought some Yorkshin ones

lmao nice taste

What's everyone's opinion on the dub?

Well, the 2011 version covered more arcs so why wouldn't you watch that instead?

Why wouldn't you watch both?

>quantity>quality

>old > new

Snark

You do realize the tone and art of the original anime we're distinct from the manga, right?

And when you say "pacing", you seem to ignore that '98 had 30 fucking hunter exam episodes, which included filler. Kill yourself.

thankfully. that's why he's better

In this case, yeah

My god that fockin nose
She can compete against Annie's nose

they should have just adapted that arc

It'd be a nightmare because of all the hiatuses

strawpoll.me/14133033

kurapika

Who cares about girls? HxH is for pedo homos and fujos only.

There are girls in HxH?

you forgot Shizuku which was inspired by Velma

Which I find hot

CAZADOR

EQUIS

pls, more swimsuits demons

It's not a shitpost if I'm right. But you love them hiatuses too much to see that don't you boi?

because they're mentally crippled

I'm out of jews in swimsuits but I got thicc milfs though. The only part about Hunta Hunta I enjoy.

>muh classier backgrounds
>muh darker lighting
>muh camera angles

2011 has superior pacing and far less fanservice, which is enough for me to consider it the better of the two.

superior pacing? first it rushed past everything the old series covered, then it slowed to a crawl

greed island especially felt rushed

>YorkShin was the goddamn pinnacle of the series
kek

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

did the new series really ruin it that bad?