Bleach

When exactly did it all go so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ACq7tgjHdGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Chasing Chad

It didn't

When the backgrounds died, the series died with them.

Where is that image from btw?

Last bump

Shipping fag detected

It absolutely went to shit in the final arch, Kubo (perhaps on behalf of SJ) rushed through the ending. The final battle is a joke, and Ichigo giving up the Soul Society in the end (especially when all he has done the entire series is try to save people) is 100% unforgivable.

Chad wasn't in his room.

Fucking faggot couldn't be bothered to post other images than the ones shoehorned by that wolf hxh fag.
I'll tell you why: Bleach lost its uniqueness in the final arc with the urge to give power up to fan favourite without a reason, add it with the nonsense of the Ichibei vs Yhwach fight, and lack of Ichigo doing shit, and also lack of the 1.000 years ago flashback that could expand the characters and motivations and you only get a single minority believing that darkness is ink, and that Kenpachi's power is unlimitef, even though he got his shit kicked the most in the final arc.
Oh and fuck your backgrounds, hxh don't do them either, and unlike bleach, they don't have rederming qualities.

Oh it's you. The IRfag. I can tell by the way you misspell arc.

An Aizenfag actually.

Am I the only one who was confused

About what?

I was appalled the moment the MC was given no interesting backstory from episode 1 and aimlessly went into a world of shinigami.

Then my entertainment increased as Aizen displayed his ability.

But then, oh no, the tragedy occurred. All hope and trust gained was lost. Aizen fell. And the storyless shonen continued it's aimless ways as it did before.

THE END

>Doesn't reference shipping at all
>Assumes user is an IRfag because of how he spelled "arc"

Look we IRfags get heat and deservedly so, but anti IRfags are just as cancerous if they're gonna look to start shit 24/7.

Enjoy your pairings and we will enjoy ours even if we lost

Kubo introduced too many shitty one gag characters during the soul society arc. Way more so than interesting ones. Then came hueco mundo and he forgot all about them and continued introducing more and more and more throwaway trash characters in huge fucking chunks. Then came vizards and fullbrings and quincys and only a handful of them had any development at all. Kubo enjoys designing new characters infinitly times more than expanding on the ones he has.

It's what killed interest in the FKT.

So of course he'd what to ramp that shit up in the final arc. Countless battles with countless nobodies and Ichigo's jobbing somewhere off screen, blame the editors all you want but Kubo's an incompetent writer

Kubo loves designing shit too much and thus introduced too many characters to keep track off while still insisting to show these unimportant fuckers every once in a while.

See that thing the lower left corner on the second/right image
When that things start to show is when things went wrong.

Kubo points out in interview that introducing shitloads of character at once is his way to deal with writers block.
Hence most new characters are introduced as a group.

Pretty much about how the world worked. Was everyone in the soul society ghosts? Or were they born dead? Also, wasn't Ichigo's sword originally Rukia's? So wasn't she supposed to end up with all its powers and shit? Also, they never really went anywhere with that God dude who was missing his arms and legs, and how one of his arms decided to end up gaining intelligence and being a Quincy? Also I have no clue how Ichigo beat Mr. Mustache Quincy King

The arcs after Hueco Mundo are confusing, make no sense at all. The last arc and ending came out of nowhere and Ichigo is technically a hybrid human/shinigami/vaizard/soulbringer/quincy.

On the left is one the first chapters and on the right is 15 years of weekly chapters with passion down the drain with a broken shoulder.
Not defending Bleach, the end was fucking trash but you can't use these two things as an example.

You already made this thread

So he had a writers block for every single arc?

Talks about how much of an idea he had when going in, and why everything went to shit so fast

The Soul Society makes no sense, it should've stuck to being a cool urban fantasy.

No

The series got significantly worse after the Soul Society arc. Arcs dragged on, battles dragged on, lots and lots of characters were introduced focused on and forgotten, MC were forgotten for about 100 chapters at one point.

I'm still mad rukia didnt win but overall I liked the last arc although I can see why some people wouldn't. The last arc is essentially the most "Bleach" style arc of them all.

Chapter 1.

>comparing two completely different scenes with different contexts to claim that Kubo got lazy with his drawing.

Why do so many people praise Super Eyepatch Wolf's Bleach video? Half of the points he makes are straight-up bullshit.

It's another captain wankfest. All the time he expent on them could have been used on characters like Ishida, Chad and Orihime.

I hate the ending not because of shipping, but because it was inconclusive.
The last chapters of the manga failed to conclude the main character's arc (well, he was a walking plot device for the whole arc anyway), failed thematically (happy endings in bleach?), failed to re-establish the relationships between main characters, and worse of all, our main characters, the ones we even started reading the manga for, were absent for most of the arc. Also, none of the mysteries that were set up with the origin of soul society were paid off.
So the ending is just jarring and feels more like an abrupt wrap-up than an ending. So what happened to Ichigo's guilt and martyr complex? Did hollows suddenly stop existing so he can focus on family life? How does it all work into the theme of struggle against fate, and most importantly, DEATH? Death was the main theme of Bleach, the ending has nothing to do with it.

Compare it to naruto, for example. The main character achieves his ambitions. Saves sasuke, becomes hokage. All the main characters are heavily featured during the last chapters. They interact with each other and resolve their relationships (except for sakura lel). There's at least some hint that the main pairing will somehow end up together.

Kubo fucked up. Not only was the ending bad, the last arc ending up to it completely lost track of the whole point and theme of bleach. It felt like a mid series arc, rather than a conclusion arc.
Fuck you Kubo, you wasted a decade of my life on bullshit.

>When exactly did it all go so wrong?
How many fucking threads are we going to have? What went wrong has been discussed so many times since the ending. It's sad that some of you Bleachfags just can't move on already.

You know, I used to laugh at people sperging out about the endings to their favorite series.
I'm like, "what's that, you got emotionally invested into something, and it didn't pay off? too bad". And now that it's happened to me, it's an unsettling feeling.

Fake Karakura Town arc. I'm serious. That was when Bleach became hard to consume.

They weren't popular like the Shinigami. Sales would plummet if residents of SS didn't appear in an arc. Fullbring was a big victim of this.

>Fake Karakura Town arc
Interesting how the sales were so high for this arc.

>And now that it's happened to me, it's an unsettling feeling.
It's been over a fucking year.

b.but the sequel bait with the kids.

I just woke up from a dream while I was shitposting in a thursday bleach thread, discussing outrageous and retarded theories with all the anons, lab member and that retard lon. It was comfy as hell and the series felt like it was going somewhere.
Then boom, down the shitter. Feels like I lost closely knit group of friends or something.
I used to visit weekly bleach threads for YEARS. Such strong bonds of friendship hurt when they are broken.

Meh, I'm not excited about any sequel.
Sequels always turn out to be shallow merchandise bait. Like, boruto for example. It's thematically empty. What reason do we have to follow his story? Naruto at least had a premise. About a kid in a cruel world trying to prove himself, etc.
What does boruto have? The only conflict established with him was his sour relationship with dad, but that got resolved in the movie. Whoop. Now what?

It wasn't bait sequel. Kubo once mentioned he had a dream about Ichigos kid years ago, back in 2010. Of course majority of non-nip Bleach fans wouldn't know this though.

Sequel bait*

That line about Chad sounds pretty funny out of context

>and Ichigo giving up the Soul Society in the end (especially when all he has done the entire series is try to save people) is 100% unforgivable.
First of all he never cared about saving anyone.
That was made clear several times.
How this still flies over people's heads is astounding.
Second, no he didn't give up the soul society.
The novels suggested the opposite with him becoming a monolith for their corruption.
He's to them what Hitler was to the nazi now.

yes.

>When exactly did it all go so wrong?
chapter 1
objectively speaking, anyone who ever thought it was good is just delusional.

>First of all he never cared about saving anyone.
Yes he did, and it's apparent in the beginning with him saving Orihime from hollow!Sora, helping Uryu, the flashback of him helping Chad, and going to SS to rescue Rukia despite not being close to any of them yet. It's just that the longer the series went on, his whole "protect a mountain of people" line became "protect those most important to me first and foremost". Think about it, we have literally never seen him going out of his way to help strangers that weren't in his line of sight/near him.

>Kubo once mentioned he had a dream about Ichigos kid years ago, back in 2010
That's bullshit.
It doesn't make any thematic sense whatsoever for Ichigo to ever have children or find any kind of happiness.
That's why the soul king ending Kubo teased so much and Narita heavily alluded to seems like the proper conclusion to the series assuming it didn't get the axe.

The first three are either cases of Rukia being a nag about saving others or Ichigo feeding his ego.
The third one he himself constantly said he never gave a shit about saving Rukia in and of itself.
He only gave a shit about repaying Rukia for the cool powers.

>That's why the soul king ending Kubo teased so much
Kubo was throwing us a red herring, and I honestly don't understand how any of you fell for it. If Ichigo was truly going to be stuck as the SK, I feel like Kubo wouldn't have given his ending away so easily in the middle of the last arc. I feel like he would've till the last chapter to reveal his fate.

>Narita heavily alluded to seems like the proper conclusion
Narita is writing about it because fucking Kubo didn't bother to fully explain the SK. It was explained in the beginning of that novel, that the SK end was a bad end. Kubo was never going to go for such a depressing end for the MC.

Can we just admit that Ichigo's character is just a hero avatar and trying to dig deeper than that is a waste of braincells?

Fuck off. Stop trying to make it seem like Ichigo didn't give a shit about any his nakama when he clearly did.

Hueco Mundo and Fullbring showed he cared more about having powers and fighting. Him having nakama just inflated the drive.

Except you're wrong. Go re-read the series.

>I feel like Kubo wouldn't have given his ending away so easily in the middle of the last arc. I feel like he would've till the last chapter to reveal his fate.
He was being pretty vague about it throughout the arc so it's not like the last chapter being about how everything is fine and dandy and then we see Ichigo's dismembered husk in the final chapter would be something completely expected.
>It was explained in the beginning of that novel, that the SK end was a bad end. Kubo was never going to go for such a depressing end for the MC.
Why not?
The initial bleach pilot ended on a pretty depressing note for Ichigo.
Kubo's previous series also ended on a rather grim note.
It's not like he's a stranger to having his characters and especially Ichigo of all people suffer.
He also should've known it was the smart move to make since everyone would've approved of an ending like that.

>in the final chapter
*final page

Kubo didn't plan ahead.

Reminds me of Naruto with the sudden "oh guys btw there is this Kaguya god girl that started everything sorry for not even mentioning anything about it for over 500 chapters Iol" that was just mentioned in the middle of the war and ended up replacing the main villain who had been anticipated for hundreds of chapters with a last minute excuse of an antagonist.

Kubo started just winging it. Every week. No long term plan so everything started going south.

I was fine with the where the anime ended, the fullbring stuff and him continuing being the sub-shinigami was a nice end. The manga should have ended where the anime did and they still could have just as easily added the epilogue chapter.

>He was being pretty vague about it throughout the arc
Except he wasn't at all since so many readers automatically jumped to "Ichigo is going to be the new SK" theories.

>He also should've known it was the smart move to make since everyone would've approved of an ending like that.
An ending where the hero gets dismembered and then stuck in some glass for all of eternity? No thanks.

>Except he wasn't at all since so many readers automatically jumped to "Ichigo is going to be the new SK" theories
Nobody expected him to die for it.
They assumed he'd be some godking who rules over the realms like the typical conclusion for a shounen instead of a lynchpin.
>An ending where the hero gets dismembered and then stuck in some glass for all of eternity? No thanks
Again I ask, why not?
It's serves as an appropriate conclusion to his martyr complex and fits in line with his superficial delusions of saving others even if he's doing it against his will.
He also completely deserves it for blindly following the shinigami to begin with without ever deciding to question them because he's fine with being their disposable tool.

>Again I ask, why not?
>It's serves as an appropriate conclusion to his martyr complex and fits in line with his superficial delusions of saving others even if he's doing it against his will.
>He also completely deserves it for blindly following the shinigami to begin with without ever deciding to question them because he's fine with being their disposable tool.
I also forgot to mention it makes for a good homage to saint seiya which was bleach's biggest inspiration.

An ending like that would've been hard to swallow. If you like it then great, but I don't. If I want a more depressing end, I'll read seinen.

>martyr complex
Do you even know what you're saying?

I don't get why Ichigo couldn't be like Yhwach and held everything together by just existing?

It lost quality with the "rescue the damsel" retread, got shitty with the fullbring arc, and became irredeemable garbage at the end. Only braindead Sup Forumsutists disagree

>An ending like that would've been hard to swallow
Is it really any harder to swallow than Ichigo getting married for no reason and having kids he probably doesn't give a shit about?
>If you like it then great, but I don't.
Well you're in the minority then.
>If I want a more depressing end, I'll read seinen
>It's another "oh but shounen can never ever be dark!" episode

>I don't get why Ichigo couldn't be like Yhwach and held everything together by just existing?
Because the shinigami aren't completely fucking retarded to entrust the ability to mold the universe itself in the hands of a stupid teenager.

Didn't Devilman end with virtually everyone dead?

To answer it all. Kubo Ass Pull.

yes and it was beautiful

>It's another "oh but shounen can never ever be dark!" episode
Shounen can be dark, but majority of them just never have dark endings especially these days; see Dragonball, see Kenshin, see Fullmetal, see Naruto, see Magi. The last four literally end with the "happily married with kids" route except Magi doesn't give us kids.

It's almost universally agreed FMA would've been better off with a dark ending.
And we know if HxH ever ends it's probably gonna end with humanity dying out because Togashi despises filthy NINGEN.
And if you want an example of a recent shounen that ended on a dark note just look at jojo part 6.
Everyone died and was replaced with completely different people who merely resembled their predecessors.

Because kubo got frustrated, his shitty series wasn't getting any positive feedback, understandable since his faggotrybgot really annoying

youtube.com/watch?v=ACq7tgjHdGA

>It's almost universally agreed FMA would've been better off with a dark ending.
Would you like to pull something else out of your ass?

>on a dark note just look at jojo part 6.
That was definitely not a dark end.

Probably an '03fag speaking, I for one wanted to see Al and Ed get their bodies back l. But it did get schmaltzy near the end.

>still posting this meme video
Right off the bat, you can tell that this person barely knows anything about the industry.

>I for one wanted to see Al and Ed get their bodies back
>ever wanting characters to be rewarded for their arrogance

The thing is that Kaguya fit well with the rest of the puzzle, If Madara was to be punished with a backfired plan, might as well show up somebody even greated behind the whole thing.

>The thing is that Kaguya fit well with the rest of the puzzle,
No she didn't. She was literally just created at last minute because Madara was too OP to beat. Kishi even states this himself.

But they's jus chilren

>phoneposting

>no she isn't
She explains Juubi's existance, which up to then, it was a mystery.

Madara was never too strong he couldn't be defeated, ffs, the only reason he was even unbeatable was because of Edo tensei, Kishi wanted to keep him alive for the final climax, that much was obvious.

>Madara was too OP to beat.
Why introduce somebody even more OP to act as a solution to this?

>expecting naruto to make sense after part 1

I don't get why Bleachfags are still so butthurt, there's already a "dude kill demons" replacement on WSJ which is way better.

>which is way better
No.

>so used to you fags and your chad memes that I legitimately forgot he was an actual character
I'd say when Kubo decided to just recycle the same ideas over and over.

Or how a graph works

More than Bleach.

Not with all that fucking retconning Kishi did.

struck a nerve, kiddo? Bleach is shit

>Bleach is shit
So is Naruto. Both completely fell in terms of plot after a certain point.

In all honesty it was when Inoue got kidnapped at the start of Huedo arc. Kubo was going to do the same plot concept ALL over again. If you were an intelligent reader you would of dropped it then. Kubo can't do long term stories, thats the reason why One Piece gets so much love despite tbe shitty art.

An intelligent reader would've actually read the arc and found the deliberate parallels between the Hueco Mundo and Soul Society arcs to see how an author can use the same formula to acheive a completely different result.

Its okay when Oda does it

>thats the reason why One Piece gets so much love despite tbe shitty art.
but OP did the same story as well with another character. sanji not wanting to be apart of the strawhats anymore like robin but then its revealed they miss it and do want to be apart of the crew

Soul Society should have stayed the bad guys. Trying to rework it so that they were the good guys was a mistake considering how fucking shitty Bleach's afterlife is.

Very astute user. I enjoyed your analysis.