Why don't you own a motorcycle yet?

When SHTF, bikers will become the top of the food chain.

Why aren't you riding a bike yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wsrP-KnUrts
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WmVMOr7TIrc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

donor cycle

What's the most practical motorcycle to own when SHTF?

A dual sport, good on and off road, preferably no electronics in case a EMP

pic related

Bikes would be good for getting out of the city, weaving in and out of traffic and roadblocks, but once you were out, things like jeeps, pickups, and ATVs would be much better equipped for things like off roaring and transporting hunted animals back to your shelter.

Hell, I love motorcycles, I own a r6, but once you get past the speed and fuel economy, in a SHTF scenario, a boat or even a tractor would be more practical.

I love bikes, they take skill and a decent amount of athletic ability, sport bike and dirt bikes at least, any fat fuck can ride a harley.

I want to rip on the r3 so bad.

there you go
R3’s are fun, great starter bikes, you can push it to the limit with ease and they are far more comfy (30” seat height means a 5’7 guy like me can put both feet on the ground with ease) and with a $5K price tag off the line, the buy in is unbeatable. And those are just the new ones, used R3’s are even cheaper, you can easily pay $2-3K for one that’s just a few years old.

Downside is once you’ve pushed it to its 98mph limit enough times, you’ll rightfully want to sell it and upgrade to a 600cc or even 1000cc liter bike, same as everyone else. Turnover on 300s is crazy, used R3s typically pass through many hands.

Which is why I started on a R6 and just embraced the steeper learning curve while saving myself the trouble of flipping a 300 once I got tired of it.

I hit a deer when I had a bike and would have died if it wasn't for my helmet. No thanks. Can't control that shit.

There is a board for this you fucking retards

Riding a bike comes with inherent risks, real riders just embrace them and accept them as the price of the thrill.

Personally I don’t typically ride country roads at night (and I certainly don’t speed in them) especially if I know there’s wildlife in the area. Keep your high beams on and learn how to brake correctly and you can minimize the chances of a bad encounter with any animals on the road. Or stick to urban areas or country roads with fences on both sides.

Fuck off, /o/ and Sup Forums are brothers when SHTF

>Relying on inferior form of transportation that isn't grass powered.

Pleb. While you're selling your ass to survivors or sucking gas from a tube, I'll be riding in style.

Victory vision

>implying I won’t shoot your engine and feed it to my family
Try doing that with a gas powered engine

>Why aren't you riding a bike yet?

Cos it got nicked by pakis :(

they're expensive and dangerous

Probably a Kawasaki KLR650. They're cheap to own, easy to maintain and will take you anywhere and everywhere. The only downside is that it weighs a fuckton at 388 burger pounds.

steal it back pussy, should have put a gps locator on it like I would if I didn’t live in a white community

they will have their place, but small pickups will be king

This, standard NATO messenger bike, minimal electronics, dual sport, pic related

I was looking at pic related, good all rounder. Ride it all day, do serious distance, fun enough for a sunday afternoon on the twisties, comfy commuter, reasonable off road when you need it.

been across the usa twice on my bmw.
lmao! earn money and dont be a beta how bout? motorcycles are the freest and most red pilled form of transportation by far

>Harley

lmoa enjoy your overpriced shit specifically marketed to boomers. is that supposed to be their prepper bike?

A bit more dangerous, but cheap to operate on. I have a gas hog on bike terms but still get 40mpg. Oil changes are about 1/2 as often as cars. Tires to run out quicker though, but insurance is much cheaper, and that off-sets that plus some.

The key is to get a couple different vehciles, like a bike and a small truck that you dont care about getting scratched up. Daily driver is your choice.

And when bikers run out of gas, my horses will still be going.

>but insurance is much cheaper

in what fucking bizzarro world is motorcycle insurance cheaper than car insurance?

Not starting on an 9999999999999999 CC bike. what are you a biklet or something?

my dad lost a lost of friends to motorcycle accidents and my mom nearly lost her leg on one. Figured I'd stay away from them. My car is fine.

No, if you need to express masculinity with your vehicle it's degenerate behavior. Sup Forums is about political truth and conservative behavior.

If all you took from that picture was the Harley logo than you missed the point, which was dual sport

Also the MT350 and MT500 retail used for about $5-10k, which isn’t that fucking bad compared to other Harleys, or even most bikes. As for the boomer part I can’t help that your brain is saturated with meme knowledge, Harleys are fun to ride.

this x1000000000000

Never have I met a biker who wasn’t conservative af.

Honestly in america? Any old bike that has a carburetor and points ignition.

Only manlets have bikes....

Coincidence?

There are plenty liberal faggot bikers, chopcult had a saltmining thread post Trump election.

>Expensive

>Cheapest to insure
>Cheapest to register
>Ridiculous mpg
>simpleton level maintenance

sure

You clearly haven't met the new wave of hipsters on cuckfe racers

youtube.com/watch?v=wsrP-KnUrts

Looking to get one of these in the near future.

Anything maneuverable, beautiful and compact.

Better to shoot a rider and take his bike - a bullet is cheaper than buying a bike

What if you run out of horse food? You get meat, but then?

No, because I don't live in a west coast city like Seattle or San Francisco.

I fucking love slamming on my breaks in front of people on motorcycles.

Caused a bunch of wipe outs, nobody has hit me yet but the best part is that if they do, they have to pay me.

Because it's winter here for 6 months a year. I'll just have to worry about washing squid off my front bumper.

I own an old Harley, and this is the gayest shit I've ever seen. Harley needs to fade away

600 or liter? first bike?

Crazy shit, bmw vs fireblade

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WmVMOr7TIrc

Nigger, thats a bike from a company harley bought in the 80s so they could sell bikes to NATO, harley only makes pigfat cruisers rn.

>if you use x vehicle you're just trying to express masculinity!
Typical low-test soyboy argument.
Not going to be shamed out of riding by a faggot crying about masculinity.
Not my fault that's the first thing you think of when you see people like me.

motorcyclists are retarded FAGS (watch South Park).

honestly, they're a nuisance on the road. most of the time when an accident occurs, it's really the motorcyclist's fault because he rides super fast in a car's blindspot like the fucking retard he is

motorcycles should be banned from riding on all roads

>snow and ice
>riding on two wheels
pick one

Sports, go 600, middleweight sports bikes are fun as fuck, r6 etc. Anything else, go litre.

CBR500R, 471 cc displacement. Never rode a bike, everything I've watched and read said it made for a great starter.

Plus VTEC.

you're right one is good for a SHTF scenario. i want one for that reason and chill country driving. but i don't have any interest in driving one in urban areas or commuting with regularly. just don't want to be part of the statistic of those who crash and become braindead.

Because I don't want to cripple my faggot ass before RaHoWa.

filename

>471 cc
anything under 1k cc is for women

>a 130 kg dirtbike harder to ride than a 260 kg cruiser

I live near chicago
The weather permits riding 5 months of the year maybe
The drivers here are the worst
Between drunk driving illegals and other shitskins, braindead boomers and even older driving corpses, I cant believe that ever biker hasnt been killed in accidents
My dad rode for years and nearly got killed several times despite being very safe

I'll remember that when I'm getting kicked off every time I throttle.

Why are single cylinder bikes uncommon? What do people what top power for? I want a non-ktm big engine single cylinder.

All it takes is some wire tied at rider height between a couple trees to btfo motorcycle riders

lel

>yet
stopped a couple years back when my street triple was stolen

been thinking about getting a bike again now that i live further from the city but there's nothing i really want on the market here

found the sissy

Singles struggle at freeway speeds, KLR 650, DR650 and Honda 650x are your best bet unless you want to spend 12k on a KTM or a Husqvarna

I'm trying to kill myself slowly, not instantly.

unless the rider is the first person to encounter it then a car would take it out just as easily, besides, what good does a fucked up bike do you? It's not like bikers will have anything more than a bug out bag and maybe a gun on them.

>I want a non-ktm big engine single cylinder.
yamaha and suzuki make them at least but since bmw threw in the towel (and sold husqvarna off to ktm) the only 'advanced' ones around are ktm

there's some euro and chink brands too i guess but i don't really pay attention to them as they aren't common around here while shit like the dr650 can be found everywhere

>Implying I won't shoot you & feed you to my family
I could slash your tires, shoot your gas can, or cause any number of damages to your vehicle at range, if you threaten my donkey
You vehicle needs constant maintenance, tires, gas, oil, brake fluid, etc

Mine needs carrots & a brush out

Kys

lmao just shoot the gas tank and feed you to my family

i can replace that shit, you only got one donkey, and i'll be waiting in the bushes when you get another
>"if you threaten my donkey"
y'all got somethin special going on dont'cha

I love single cylinders but the vibration can get out of control.

All I ride is single cylinder 2 strokes.

I'm skin and bones, you wouldn't like me

i hope you realize anyone that rides that thing looks like a faggot

>shtf
>string some piano wire across road
>wait patiently
>take bike from biker when your line btfo them

I really want one. I have a 5k limit on my credit card and I could go get a first time bike easily. Only thing that scares me is that drivers in St. Louis are probably the worst in the country at not paying any fucking attention to what's around them and I have to use the interstate a lot. I NEVER see bikes on I64 here during peak traffic hours which leads me to believe that the riders in this area consider it to be suicide. It's so bad the cops don't even sit on the road because of how unsafe it is to even be parked on the shoulder.

To give you an example, if you exit 64 heading south on Clarkson road there are two hills and 3 stop lights in the next quarter mile. 400 yards max. During rush hour traffic on this road is bumper to bumper at about 10 mph.

It's not uncommon to see 4-5 car pile ups in this section despite the fact that it's literally impossible to go over 20mph. People are literally that fucking stupid here.

can't ride without gas moron. or where do you think you'll get anything moving after an emp besides a horse.

going to gallop past your melted remains

>nothing on gods green earth better than going on a comfy night ride through the country lanes to the big city, revving your engine at qts and stopping at a 24 hour cafe for coffee before heading home listening to kavinsky

Wrong, wrong, so wrong. I have got more phone numbers pulling up on mopeds than anything else.

Girls love mopeds.

>blocks your bath

>Girls love mopeds
Maybe if you're in Vietnam or something

gas would be a commodity like anything else, someone would make a living off salvaging it and selling it, and someone would make a living off protecting that person.

Gasoline would probably be one of the first modern commodities to come back online after SHTF anyway

same goes for 99 percent of vehicles

whats the 1 percent that is immune to spikes?

Tanks

It's the people who go out of their way and buy a sub optimal vehicle, this is clearly done to make a statement about masculinity because they always are try hard "macho" guys.

Anyone runnning noflats
military, or preppers, probably less than 1 percetn realistically

I had a BMW with runflats a few years ago, does that make me a prepper?

Vehicles in full on SHTF are generally impractical of some unlikely cases, I’d say horses are better because they don’t need roads and can be eaten in a pinch

Nope. College town.

It is like catnip to them. """Vintage""" and """unique""" goes a long way on these thots.

I pay 60 a month for this

Harleys for the longest time were legit outlaw bikes.... Only in mid 90s did mid life crisis boomers start buying to reclaim their lives...

HD isnt bad just overated. Dynas are overpriced....

Bitch I pay like $30 a month. Keep in mind that doesn't cover any damages it's just liability but still.

Mountain bikes are probably the best SHTF vehicle. Considering you can cover 150 miles in a single day without exhausting yourself, carry it over obstacles, use it on/off road, and no one really wants to steal it make it the most practical way to get out of a city.