Here's something different, instead of what the worst fanbase is, what's the worst hate-base for a show?

Here's something different, instead of what the worst fanbase is, what's the worst hate-base for a show?

My vote is on either Madoka or Monogatari.

Madoka definitely is a contender. Ergo Proxy is also up there even though the show isn't that good.

Little Busters, my God are they obnoxious.

Monogatari haters are the worst for the simple fact that they're incredible butthurt about Monogatari being popular. It's kinda similar to Sony niggers crying at Nintendo games getting high scores

NGE. to be fair, the fanbase is bad too. but the hatebase does nothing but chant random buzzwords.
And, I frequented /m/ for a while, and I know a lot of them are just bitter Eva symbolizes mecha to a lot of people rather than Dangaioh or what-fucking-ever

people who hate moe

Nichijou
>literally using "this show's animation is too good" as a criticism

Madoka has both the worst fanbase and the worst hatebase

I was about to say the same thing, but with the Fate franchise

Re:Zero.

Anti-yuri retards are by far the worst.

>Madoka has both the worst fanbase

Fate, BnHA and LWA exist.

Madoka has a lot of tripfags, has created multiple shitposters that haunt the board in general and has started shit with a lot of other fanbases

>Nichijou
>literally using "this show's animation is too good" as a criticism
This. Madoka, NGE and Monogatari surely have cancerous hatebases but it's not like it's uncalled for. All of these are frequently hailed as some kind of culmination of anime or masterpieces and their obnoxious fanbases make it easy to hate on them but Nichijou gets barely any attention at all. And yet for some reason it has a lot of dedicated people shitting on it, I wonder why that is.

The most popular anime in almost two decades has the most fans including idiots? Whoa.

The anti-shaft fags are pretty fanatical.
What did shaft do to them to cause such angst?

People who hate shounen, because nobody cares about your dumbass niche show. Ahahahahahahaha, get rekt faggots.

Worst fanbase right now is Umaru
Worst hatebase is EVA

go back ther

Nichijou gets a lot of praise as the funniest anime ever and is always brought up as one of the best comedy anime, but it's so painfully unfunny and cringy it's hard not to get annoyed when people are so wrong about it. It's hard to imagine something having that huge of a gap between how people talk about it and how it's actually to watch.

>half voted 10/10
To be fair, that's almost as retarded as voting it 1/10.

> what's the worst hate-base
Undertale. I can avoid obnoxious Undertale fans very easily, but antiUT fags just have to shove their hate boner everywhere they can imagine.

On topic though: People who hate Kemono Friends aren't really the worst, nor the most numerous, they're just odd. Rather than upset at some kind of obvious fault with the show and its fans, they seem to be offended that the show even exists and has people that like it. People being annoyed at 24/7 generals is just a normal thing, but the complaints are rarely about that. Rather, it's just about the show and its fans being a thing. It's one of the few times when I see people complaining about annoying fan bases, and I can't think of anything the fans did to be overtly annoying. Maybe the Kadokawa thing, but other groups have done far worse for far less relevant reasons.

It just means people enjoyed it a lot, not that its absolutely perfect and impossible to improve upon.

10/10 literally means that. It means there is NOWHERE to go up.

If you're really autistic about it consider there to be a hidden 11th score that relates to the impossible to achieve perfection humans will never obtain.

Then give it a 7 or 8, not a 10.

What if some people didn't think there was anything wrong with it?

Why would I do that when there is a 10? People just misapply the 10.

Then why does the number 10 even exist on the scale? Everything MUST be rated from 1 to 9 by that definition.

But it is a bit stupid to have no 10/10s. I suffer from that thing.
An alternative approach is to have a set number of 10s. For example, decide to always have exactly 10 anime as 10s, and pick your favourites among the best.

I'm one of those people with no 10/10s, and perfection isn't really enough, it also needs to do something special that makes it above regular anime. It's not hard to make something perfect, you also need to do something special.

It's also got a rabid shipper following, but that's inwardly cancerous.

Because the best possible show can be rated a 10 and become the standard of comparison to other shows.

I wouldn't even say it's nearly the most popular. Just popular.

You're retarded. 10/10 literally means it's among the top 1/11 (about 9.09%).

No, you would round down to a 9. You wouldn't say an 8.01 anime is a 9.

But it isn't a 10 tho, it's a high 9 at most, it could've been better somewhere

You can't use percentage of total anime, that's as wrong as it gets. By that standard literally everything somewhat semi known would be a 10/10. Anything on any recommendation chart (except Project A-Ko, what were the chart makers thinking), anything Sup Forums loves to praise and all hidden gems and even stuff that's just competent. A lot of people would have to rate 90% of everything they've seen as 10/10.

>they seem to be offended that the show even exists and has people that like it
Why do think this is odd? If you saw people eating their own feces seemingly enjoying it, wouldn't you be disgusted? I've never seen Kemono Friends so I can't say about that but there's a lot of anime that I feel about just the way I described. This season for example it's Aho Girl. Some stuff is just so bad I find it hard to understand how anyone could possibly enjoy it. It becomes even more puzzling if that show is massively popular and gets a lot of attention

Any mecha hatebase. The autism and forced fanbase wars are on a completely different level.

Hating a certain show is the sign of a hate pleb, instead you should learn to despise anime as a whole, and never shut up about it.

But it's the BEST there is, you must use it as a standard, unless you're looking to compare it to things outside the anime medium.

Then it's something that just doesn't exist. Cool.

It's no coincidence that the shows with the most obnoxious haters also have the most obnoxious fans. A show that no one notices don't get haters, because their fans aren't as much in your face about it.

This, I'm pretty sure that one single guy is responsible for making Zeta undiscussable on /m/. Of course there's valrager too

Are you telling me people don't have anime they consider the best?

I would say yurifags are worst than the hater. I wish they would just stay on /u/.

Both of those shows are shit though. I'll give Madoka credit for being very average.

NGE by far.

I don't have an anime that I consider that outclasses every other one in every aspect. My favourite anime's soundtrack isn't as great as some shit i have on my top 10. Following that logic, either both are 10/10 (and then i couldn't have a favourite between the two), or both are 9/10.

Kyoani
Yuri

Unironically this.

Not that user but I think it's rather that no true masterpiece anime exists. It's evident when you look at other media, say, music for example. We had some truly gifted people from the 18th to the mid-20th century composing music. Cut that out and there's simply nothing that would deserve a 10/10 (if one used such a rating system). Anime never had that kind of people to begin with. Some talented, yes, but none even close to making true art and I doubt that will ever change, the circumstances simply won't allow it.

I never said it had to be the best in every area. I mean an overall best.

That's why this whole time I've been talking about relativistic scoring. A person can certainly identify a best so far as the anime medium goes.

A standard 10 point scale only uses integers, so there's no such thing as 8.01. Even if you start with decimals and round them for some reason, 8.01 is only 0.01 above 8 so obviously it would round to the nearest whole number. The best you can do by that logic is reducing 10/10's to the top 5% (9.5 and higher).

You're seriously trying to claim over 90% of all anime aren't somewhat semi-known? That's absurd. Everything that gets listed on a seasonal chart has already cleared that hurdle.

>A lot of people would have to rate 90% of everything they've seen as 10/10.
Anyone who watches so few shows and only picks up top recommendations is unqualified to judge since the lack a basis for comparison.

Your rating scale is relative. Come on now, I want to see that perfect normal distribution of your ratings.

>It's no coincidence that the shows with the most obnoxious haters also have the most obnoxious fans.
Translator Note: obnoxious means plentiful.

Why the fuck would I do that? The best an anime could ever be then compared to the greatest of literature, film, music, ect. is about a 6.5.

The real worst hatebase is the anime hatebase.

Why do you even watch it, then?

That certainly makes sense, but I'd then rate based on a Gaussian curve because even if just 10% are in the 10/10 category you'd still have a lot of garbage in it thanks to the amount of seasonal trash. Either way, there's too many 10/10 rated shows. People are too eager to rate everything they like highly. Good that MAL and other sites like that mean absolutely nothing.

I didn't bring objective ratings up; I was trying to argue for relativity the whole time.
Because it's fun.

This is the right idea.

I ment better known than just enough to be listed on MAL.
It's a bit hard to know the total number of anime that exist, but let's say the 10% best would consist of 900 anime. You would get a lot of stuff that lack in some major areas that other anime don't, and there would be a clear scale in difference between them. It makes more sense to let this difference be marked by different scores. It's also impossible to rate this way uness you watch literally every anime. It's better to either rate according to what you've seen, or according to criteria like what characterizes a 7/10 for example.

This. I never had a problem with the animation. I had a problem with the unfunny humor that is the epitome of boring and safe/lolsorandumb that people who are ashamed of others finding out they like anime would parade around as the pinnacle of the genre.

How do you determine how bad a hatebase is? Size? Opinions? Spam posts?

I personally find shows like Prisma Illya distasteful, but I don't go out of my way to give them flack for it, especially on Sup Forums of all places. It'd be like getting mad at a pig for being in a mud pit, with the twist being that you're also a pig in the same mud pit.
With that said, people don't seem to have an intense hatred for the show itself, or at least not its actual contents. The visuals are weak and the animation is bad, but even fans rarely argue for it on these grounds, but like it for being a cute show about a cute adventure in an interesting setting. At worst I've seen people on here say they don't get it, rather than it was the worst thing to ever be. Taking this in to account, what I find weird are people who get up in arms about it merely being mentioned, or the guys who posit that the show will be the next pony outbreak (Or are somehow worse than ponies) and the fans must be eliminated post-haste. The fans are declared bad and annoying for no actual reason, especially before the Kadokawa incident where the worst thing KF anons apparently did was have jerks in the Stalker threads, which are trolling grounds to begin with. This wouldn't bug me much if it weren't for increasingly obvious mod presence when it comes to KF. I haven't seen DBS threads get the treatment that KF ones did over the past two weeks, and they're apparently more infamous. Maybe it's just a general thing, I dunno.

owari 2 was miles better than owari 1
mal couldn't find a good anime if it hit them with a club

SAO. They're honestly worse than the fanbase most of the time.

Bullshit. Only thing that was worse in Owari 1 was the boring ass Shinobu arc.

wat

Madoka is shit and deserves a lot more hate than it gets, people can't fucking stop praising it and be annoying fucks about it

Aho Girl wasn't that bad tho.

>safe
Probably the first time I've heard this word used to describe Nichijou.

Nichijou has only 1 joke
>Haha exaggerated mundane actions with cuhrazee animation
You can only repeat a single joke so many times before it becomes unfunny.

>Literally
Why are Nichijou haters such predictable shits?

Looks like you didn't watch the show, Anonymous! Why don't you try to, and then post about it?

This a Madoka dick stroking thread. Lol. Your show is absolute trash. Accept it faggots. I can say the same thing for the rest of Shaft garbage.

>there would be a clear scale in difference between them. It makes more sense to let this difference be marked by different scores
A 10 point scale requires having a huge number of shows tied at each point. Why don't two 7/10's with clear differences between them need different scores? The scale isn't precise enough to do that.

Rating according to what you've seen is approximately the same as according to the whole field, just with error introduced by the limited range of what you've seen. However, if they're rating based on what they've seen or some arbitrary criteria about what characterizes a certain rating, plenty of people will have reason to give lots of things 10/10 due to personal criteria or not having seen enough.

The answer is still NGE no matter how many times you turn it around.

I think giving something an accurate rating is really hard (and even then a 5-point scale is probably better) so I just almost never rate things. Not like that's the main purpose of the site anyway. The only things I've rated are the trigger-chan short with a 10 for kicks, plus baccano and punch line.

I don't care about hate for a show.
Shitting on yuri vocally is the worst hate on Sup Forums.

I like yuri, but yuri fans are literally the worst in Sup Forums. The hate is warranted.

>forced animation

Your comment proved user's point

yuri is complete trash. Get the fuck out of here faggot.

Yurifags are cancer
LWA threads became utter shit because of them.

Proven my point.

>Who cares about the story, I just want to watch the characters scissor eachother.
>How DARE you insinuate that MC-chan is not a horny, raging lesbian?!
>Ugh, a subhuman MALE PIG in MY anime? Dropped.
- average yuri fan

More like a /u/fag.

what's the difference.

Having legitimate reasons for criticism yuri is fine. However, It's not fair to shit on an overall genre only outta a bad fanbase.
Might as well hate about every media in existence.
They're vocal. Which is why they'e the average examples of yurifags on Sup Forums.

How can the yuri hate-base prove people's points this hard?

NO NO NOOOOOOOO!

>Madoka has a lot of tripfags
except it doesn't?
there is literally 0 (ZERO) tripshits in madoka threads

I'll stop hating on Madoka when Madokafags stop coming into things like Cardcaptor Sakura and Precure threads and pooping on themselves for attention.

>FLCL
>S;G
>Ever cool

>Evangelion
>Not immune

What about fujoshits?

>this yurifag vs anti-yurifag discussion is still going
>even after it was shown to be mostly just one guy samefagging with himself across multiple Blend S and Two Car threads last weekend

I can't even discuss non-yuri shows without you spamming threads to death. The fans never get in my way but you're constantly shitting up all kinds of threads for no reason.

>yurifags come into a thread and shove their shit down peoples' throats
>play victim when people get upset when they make threads their shitting ground

mia is good in spite of the edge