Did KyoAni peak after Koe no Katachi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tKVN2mAKRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They keep topping themselves.

They peaked with Disappearance.

My god, loli Ueno is too good.

I call her smugeno

Don't the experts consider KnK to be objectively bad and boring?

Let's see how VEG turns out yet. I'm a little bit worried, but it's so hyped so I have hope.

But I wish they'd go back to making successful and good anime like Haruhi and Lucky Star and K-On instead of these Phantom Worlds and Maid Dragons.

And Clannad is still the Kyoani thing with the most content. Why can't they make something super huge with tons of amazing episodes and that can surpass Clannad

What experts? It did very well on theaters and sold decently. The only complains I've heard are from manga readers who wanted them to include all 7 volumes worth of content in a 2 hour movie.

Isn't there always complaints about how Yamada uses bland, cliched and repetitive camera angles and lacks the ability to come up with interesting ways to portray stuff, whcih makes KnK a bland movie.

Koe no katachi was shit, so they probably peaked a long time before it.

KnK's got Edutainment bucks from the government. It doesn't matter how well it sells.

Nice, truly she was better as loli.

Those are shitposts.

You're gonna have to give a source on these experts, the ones in your head don't count.

I'm glad Kawai wasn't such a bitch in the movie, she was still manipulative but not to the point of being ridiculous.

I still prefer manga Kawai and manga Ueno more.

they peaked after Fumoffu. And it's been a steep descent of shit ever since then.

I like that Ueno wasn't a caricature in the movie.

Ueno's cute legs.

they peaked with Nichijou and have dropped off heavily ever since

That wasn't even their best comedy.

Ueno's cute puppy eyes.

Well, they succeeded in making me hate every single character in it, so yeah? I guess?

JIZZ WHIZZ OF THE YEAR

What makes a good comedy? If it's only about being funny, then Fumoffu is their best one. Nothing they've made is as consistently hilarious as Fumoffu.
But Fumoffu is not that great as an anime. So if you want the best comedy to also be good, Fumoffu fails, because it has boring characters, no plot and no character development. If you by best comedy mean the full package, and not only funniness, then Lucky Star is way better, and K-On too but then we are moving to anime with less focus on jokes exclusively so it may fail if the balance requires a nice mix.

Looks like your lineage peaked like 5 generations ago, good thing you'll never have kids

>butchered all character development of kawaii and the ginger kid
>music was good but it was used in the wrong way and made scenes feel awkward
I know somebody will probably ask what i mean by this, rewatch the scene where to mother starts beating the blind bitch up, the music completely ruins the mood of the scene and makes it feel "whacky".
Aside from these 2 complaints, the visuals were pretty good, but the overall direction and scenes felt a little off compared to the manga.

I agree that Fumoffu is just funny and nothing else.
I found Nichijou consistently funny. I get that it's not for everyone though, it still felt like the full package for me.

>nobody recognizes phantom world as their best comedy
It has the snappiest timing

I hope they fired the guy (along with anyone agreeing with him) that thought the retarded blurry chromatic aberration filter on the entire movie was a good idea.
It actually gave me a headache halfway through and I had to stop watching. The last time something like this happened was when I was 8 because I sat too close to the tv for too long.

That's what you get for having a weak body. Now kill yourself faggot.

If they added all the character development of the side characters the movie would've been 4 or 5 hours long.

>Why can't they make something super huge with tons of amazing episodes and that can surpass Clannad

That Kyoani is either dead or has transformed to what it is today whether you like it or not.
For the past 5-6 years, Kyoani has been restructuring their business model and starts PUBLISHING their own novels. Most of the anime they produce is basically an adaptation/advertising of their own novels, with the big three of Chunibyou, Free and Eupho. Besides that, they also produce more film than any other studio since then. So yeah, you better pray VEG is a goddamn masterpiece that they can milk because until this day, that shit is the ONLY grand prize winner of the so called Kyoani award.

I don't want them to milk VEG. It's their only novel that actually finished before production(it's meant to be a two parter) and it'll just end up a mess like Hibike if it goes further than S1.

How do LNs translate to animu?
I know Phantom just adapted one and had lots of filler. How many do you need to make a 12/13 episode series?

Maid dragon is literally a better show than haruhi

Lets see, correct me if I'm wrong:

>Free has 2 vol
>25 episodes (2 season)
>An OVA
>3 films (1 scheduled next year)

>Chunibyou has 3 vol
>24 episodes (2 seasons)
>12 ONA
>2 OVA
>2 films (1 scheduled next year)

>Eupho has 4 vol? (I'm not sure on eupho with that Rikka shit)
>26 episodes (2 seasons)
>An OVA
>4 films (2 Scheduled next year)

What I can see is maybe they will make a recap movie and an original. VEG is just too big at this moment with how they are promoting it across the globe and no way they are not going to milk this shit if it goes boom.

Wow Kyoani really is the best studio

GO GO

It just depends on the director.
For Violet Evergarden it seems that they're adapting everything in chronological order. The first episode covers chapter six of the first novel and part of chapter two in the second novel.

You're realizing this just now? They've been the best since 2004

>Crosses falling off instead of shredding into pieces and using those as the confetti that was falling in the last scene

I though it was a missed opportunity, but I guess this would've been very corny too.

Yuzuru's cute puppy eyes!

What experts?
>And Clannad is still the Kyoani thing with the most content. Why can't they make something super huge with tons of amazing episodes and that can surpass Clannad
Certainly not you, gee whiz

>kuso no katachi
godani animation can't save this shit

It didn't have to. The movie is great even without the animation

But the movie is the animation.

How can shaft even compete?

Is this a joke? Are you blind? Do you know what good animation even means? Shaft is light years ahead of KyoAni when in every way possible. Directing, writing, animation, KyoAni looks like a joke when compared to Shaft's masterpieces. OP's webm looks like the final episode of a 2 cour TV show that ran out of budget in episode 13. And you're telling me THAT is supposed to be feature film tier animation? What a joke. Shaft not only have top notch animation in their tv anime, but when they bring out the big buns for feature length films, there are only a couple studios out there that can compete. Look at this youtube.com/watch?v=-tKVN2mAKRI and tell me the animation is bad. You can't. Everything about it: the designs, the animation, the backgrounds, the dinamic camera movement, and even the tasteful CGi look good. Great, even. Every movement looks so realistic and smooth. This AMV alone has more animation that all of Koe no Katachi together, and it's only 3 minutes long. Can you see how wrong you are now? Can you see that you're delusional as fuck for even suggesting KyoAnus is even competent? Can you see that Shaft is the best studio in the industry right now? That's right, you do. So fuck you, and fuck your lame ass studio. Cheap ass bitches.

>and tell me the animation is bad
It is bad. Glad it's flopping.

both shaft and kyoani are embarrassments to the industry.

only one of this is true

Has any other anime tackled such heavy material so delicately and gently?

No.

How can one bully be so cute?

Just stop shitposting already.
Why are you even doing that?
I don't think you can actually believe something so stupid.

eh

Lucky Star Ep. 3 was their peak. Their talent left with Yamakan.

Yes, they did.

Based Kyoto

Who?

The suicide scene gets my heart racing every time.