Pols thoughts on Steven Pinker?

I recently read his new book enlightenment now & have been listening to some of his seminars& podcast appearances. Personally I feel like he has become a lot more based recently due to the left's public outrage that Pinker said he believed the alt-right is filled with a lot of great leaders & intellectuals.

>If Jordan B Peterson was a judge in 1800

ass

ass

His new book is an absolute pile of shit. He literally falls for the "Nietzsche wuz da ultimate nihilist" meme, and references Russell's "History" who admitted to never even reading Nietzsche himself. How a public intellectual can pass literally Phil.101-tier myths off into publication is beyond me. Burn his book, brainlet.

ass

Great man, truly part of the top 5% of human intelligence.

lit thinks he is not the best
i like him for praising alt right

ass

Leftist who got attacked by the left for making reasonable points.
Verdicts out

>”I will sort this court”

Ouch, anyone else who I should be reading?

ass

>I sentence you to clean your room and save your father

I tend to think that neuroscience is total bull shit and ignores what some folks call the hard problem of consciousness. I don't accept that consciousness magically arises from matter. So I don't really like this guy. Plus he's an ivy league Jew.

Heidegger

The German Idealists, Lev Shestov, Kierkegaard, Heidegger, Hume... Literally anybody else except that kikehack.

one could criticize him for still having lots of egalitarian ideas, or point out he's jewish, but he was pretty fundamental in my shift from classical liberal to the far right when he pointed out there were biological differences between the sexes.

Chesterton. go do it now

ugh. go back to /lit/ where they jerk off to him every day

gets BTFO by nassim taleb on a daily basis on twitter. seems to be of questionable academic integrity.

he has nothing interesting to say. he's just in a niche field of linguistics that seems like it should be interesting, so he gets to run the podcast and interview circuit with his jew friends who invite him on their programs. but if you look at his research or listen to what he has to say, it's just vacuous pontificating that tokens no actual expertise or special knowledge. i'm sure he just has nepotistic jew friends in the publishing industry who push these books for him. if some random person--even with academic credentials--had showed the identical manuscripts to a publisher, i'd bet my bottom dollar the response would have been, "sorry, this project isn't right for us."

I have only occasionally read some article or seen an interview with him. Doesn't strike me as someone who I would want to read.
So if I were to, what's his best book, you reckon?

>that 1980 haircut

>snake eating its own tail
he's a jewish liberal who's been excommunicated by progressives for calling the alt-right "smart."

Great book, but not easy to read if you are a non english Native speaker

ass

I worked alongside him for a period of months while doing my ph.d.

I did my undergrad at U of T, and actually have read most of Pinker's work in the field of linguistics. In the months I spent with him, I did not hear him bring up philosophy or politics even once.

Very professional guy, went to dinner a few times but the conversation was mostly confined to sports, women, and travelling. Storytelling.

he's a kike loving baby boomer elitist

>I did not hear him bring up philosophy or politics even once.

Reading his latest book can tell you that. It's like he skimmed the Wikipedia of enlightenment thinkers.

*SMACKS LIPS*

i heard him on rogan saying that vox was a credible news source, and then contradicts himself over and over about basically everything he talks about. it is actually sad to watch people like this who are locked so far into political correctness that they convince themselves to say falsehoods even when they know the truth. it is a lack of integrity and courage. this guy is a great example for this kind of stuff.

F E S E R

How do I understand Nietsche?

le shit nigger

Read John Richardson's Nietzsche's System.

It is the best overview available and is very easy to understand.

basic bitch englightenment fundamentelist scientism retard
good for average Sup Forumstard

Overall, I think he's pretty based. He understands the danger of progressivism and makes pretty solid arguments without stepping over the line that might get him trouble with his university. The university setting, however, probably stops him from making some slightly bolder statements, so he at times too cautious. But altogether, the dude is pretty red pilled and clearly intelligent.

>stepping over the line
Where the fuck does Harvard set the line? He has a named professorship, he's gotta be tenured. Maybe as he gets closer to retirement, we'll see more redpill-edness from him?

He claims to be against "identity politics" while being a hardcore zionist shill. What a joke.

Is Pinkerton still criticising Kevin MacDonald and CofC, and if so, has he actually read it yet?

ass

>He claims to be against "identity politics" while being a hardcore zionist shill.
and you see a contradiction here? those are diametrically opposed. leftist progressive/internationalist jews are the enemies of zionist jews, for a given value of 'enemy'.
leftist jews push that jews are a religious minority.
zionists push that jews are an ethnicity.
leftist jews are for the diaspora to stay where they are and bring about bolshevism (for lack of a better word) in their host countries.
zionists want to gather all jews in Israel.
leftist jews are underpaid 'intellectuals', with a few exceptions who are highly visible capitalists.
zionists are the gigajews owning the not very visible industries.
leftist jews range from atheist to reform judaism.
zionists are mostly orthodox or chassidim.
during the cold war, the USA was the zionist puppet and the Soviet Bloc was, although to a much lesser extent, the internationalist puppet.
all these are generalizations allowing for huge exceptions. the exceptions show up because both sides are, first and foremost, jews, and the split is not very old. in the ill-fated bolshevik revolutions in the end of WWI, leftist jews brought about a system that took away the livelihood of zionist jews who were small business owners.

ass

This is Steven Pinker in one sentence. He is a very typical crypto Judeo fascist. He genetically can not separate himself from his Jewishness, which by default always comes first, BEFORE any logic reasoning and is completely invisible to his conscious awareness.