Is Shinji Ikari the edgiest character is all anime...

Is Shinji Ikari the edgiest character is all anime? He may be a crying bitch but when he goes full edgelord he masturbates to commatosed girls, fuses with a an angel and destroys all life on earth

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yWoKV1_VY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>destroys all life on earth
He didn't destroy all life you moron.
He just hyperevolved it into a single giant gelatinous organism.

Think Shinji just needs to hold someone, body part unspecified.

You did not understand anything about the show, did you.

Implying anyone does

He's just pathetic.

And stupid.

>destroys all life on earth
watch it again and this time pay attention, eoe is happy end.

>Shinji overcomes his fear of relationships and uses that to restore all of humanity

Nah, that's the opposite of edgy.

I just finished my first run of the series (and EoE) and knew there would be a thread here to discuss it!

What an interesting series but I feel like a massive brainlet. I'm watching explanation videos on youtube but it's still really hard to explain. Is episode 25 and 26 while Shinji has to decide whether to merge all human mind and stuff?

Were SEELE just powerful guys who thought that all human life should be merged to avoid pain and lonliness or something? Because it sounded like a good idea to me :(

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yWoKV1_VY

>!
>:(
>instrumentality sounds great
yikes

Look this is my first eva thread as I wanted to avoid spoilers. I take it you guys are like weeb Sup Forums if you're gonna be so elitist about the way I type.

>Were SEELE just powerful guys who thought that all human life should be merged to avoid pain and lonliness or something? Because it sounded like a good idea to me :(

Da Comrade! The Revolution is afoot, the workers will see the end of The Struggle. DOWN WITH THE CAPITALIST PIGS

You're a fucking commie kike.

Gas yourself.

what. is Sup Forums Sup Forums now. help me understand. i wanna discuss the show not politics.

i dont know this meme i actually agree with shinji but i guess there is a meme im not getting

Either your bait is very good, or you were just brainwashed by leftist cuck professors.

Either way, INSTRUMENTALITY IS LITERALLY THE PERFECT IMPLEMENTATION OF COMMUNISM. IT TAKES THE ENTIRETY OF MAN AND REDUCES IT TO ITS BASEST AND THEN USES THE COLLECTIVIST SHARING OF MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL STRENGTH TO OVERCOME INDIVIDUAL WEAKNESS. THIS IS LITERALLY THE FINAL GOAL OF COMMUNISM.

So the best example of Marxist thought is all of the human race being dissolved into a puddle of orange goo.

No. He's the worst MC of all time. Throughout the entire history of the universe there has never been a shittier fucking little piece of faggot fucking shit cocksucking dipshit bitch than this fucking poor excuse for a "protagonist." More like bitchtagonist.

ok but as you said its the perfect implemenation f communism

i have been told by relatively smart people onlin and irl that communism is only a bad idea because the execution doesnt reflect the ideal theoretical way it could be applied.

so if evangelion has a way to make communism actyually work...haha let's start funding an expedition to find adam, right?

gr8 m8 i r8 9/11

>i have been told by relatively smart people onlin and irl that communism is only a bad idea because the execution doesnt reflect the ideal theoretical way it could be applied.

No, you have been told that by astoundingly stupid people.

>edgiest

You should go back to school, I don't think you know what that word really means, kid. Also, everybody dies. Have a good day, OP.

*shrugs*

so who is the Sup Forums approved best girl in the show?

tell em the most popular one, not your favorite...well you can tell me that too

I just hate his face so fucking much. I have never hated a character more in my life.

>everybody dies

i literally finished watching like 10 minutes ago and no that's not true :]

SEELE planned on manipulating instrumentality and using it to achieve godhood for themselves

he's got some serious issues with self-control, yeah

didn't try making a move on any of the girls clammering over him all series, but the moment he encounters one in a coma, he masturbates over her?

he's a coward with little experience in making independent decisions

>so who is the Sup Forums approved best girl in the show?

Rei. She has been for 20 years running.

is this why it's Sup Forums favorite anime? not even memeing

The videos don't really explain everything. Some are as clueless as you and some just want your click or your attention.
If you think instrumentality is a good thing you can try spending some time in a dark room with no tv, music, internet or anything, be completely still, and wait for the noises to start. Also lock the door and try not to talk to anyone or respond to any calls.

>i have been told by relatively smart people onlin and irl that communism is only a bad idea because the execution doesnt reflect the ideal theoretical way it could be applied.

No, Communism is bad because it's literally theft. This "communism is good in theory but..." line dunning-kruger sub-intellects chant is bullshit. If you declare my possessions and livelihood to belong to some collective rather than myself, that's where we defend ourselves and end you.

Misato, then Kaworu

That would be Bondrewd.

>20 years

uhh user....

anyway I like Misato best!

That's right. Evangelion is a 20 year old franchise. I know that may surprise all the newfags.

I was getting at the fact that Sup Forums isn't 20 years old, dipshit

Yeah sure communism is cancer but this is just obvious bait to make Sup Forumstards look worse than they already are. Here’s your (you)

Rei’s for gays

Asuka. Only Asuka.

In other words, you're unable to dispute a single statement but are offended anyway. Well done.

Cuckolds were banned from Sup Forums when moot ran away, whitebois

What the fuck do any of those words even mean?

All the girls are great! I loved watching this honkin' show!

It means you're a cumguzzling faggot, just like your boyfriend Chrissy Pool

>SEELE have long noses, base their plans on Jewish scripture, and want the spiritual equivalent of a one world government with no individuality
what did Anno mean by this?

just when i thought Eva couldn't get anymore based

We needed at lease one character like this just to push boundaries and show different possibilities. We don't need copies though.

>We don't need copies though.
I've got bad news, user

Except thats not even hinted at in the actual tv show

so uh....how does this show get away with showing the nudity of 13 year olds...?

So much received wisdom about NGE's plot is basically some obsessed fans' headcanon

>the german girl and the japanese boy reject this plan in the end.

It's explained both in the show and EoE. Pay attention next time.
The 90s were a magical time, user.

pls go to school kids

Im sure you will provide proof for your claim

What did they mean by this?

Gays give each other handjobs

This.

I wish we could have a serious discussion about this one day, as Rei really is best girl.

>boring
>autistic
>only appeals to mommyfags

They're rare but good. Honestly, Rei is a great pleb filter.

Ever since Trump it seems like the cuckolds have all been fleeing to Sup Forums

nah
nah
nah

So many plebs though.

just stop, you're embarrassing yourself

Not an argument.

Rewatch EoE and episodes 25 and 26.

Gendo's instrumentality: Gendo and Yui fuse and become gods, rest of humanity is fused.
Seele instrumentality: similar, humanity fuses into a single being but the council retains a semblance of control and individuality.
Shinji's instrumentality: what we see in the show, anyone can decide to live for themselves and come back.
Angel instrumentality: no escape. huis clos. destruction.

neither is your adhom, molyneuxfag

>anyone can decide to live for themselves and come back

No. The few who are strong enough to fight themselves away from others can return, but the gargantuan majority are trapped inside.

My nigga, tell those retards.

Asukafags are cuckolds. This has been empirically proven, cuck.

t. Asuka

Why is she such a cockcraving whore?

I'm a misatofag though. also show me the evidence pls. moot is one man

One of these posts is (not) mine.

>leftist cuck professors
Please fuck off back to Sup Forums. Even the newfag is more tolerable than you.

Not him. But it ain't bait, those poor overworked, underpaid losers are generally leftist cucks.

Translation: "I'm a triggered faggot who cannot even begin to dispute the statement, but I'm gong to stomp my feet and cry in hopes these facts will go away."

Another question from the newfriend: Why did Misato kiss Shinji?

My ideas:
a) to motivate him to fight
b) to apologize for putting him through so much shit
c) she was just a horny slut who knew whe was gonna die 2 minutes later anyway

A and C. Misato doesn't see as herself as putting Shinji through all this shit. She blames Gendo and Ritsuko for that.

Too pure for this world.

Confirmed 400% tsun perfection. Would choke.

Kaworu is shit and unpure. Got fucked by old SEELE men all day.

you replied to wrong post but I did make that post too lel. he's qt

I agree. Would choke until total brain death from strangulation.

>only 1/4 japanese
>given a japanese name anyway

Do you think Asuka was bullied at school a lot?

Nah, she just sucked the dick of every person who bullied her until they stopped being mean.

Because I know who you are.

In which case I'd give mouth to mouth and after that immediately choke her again.

nice 'head'-canon

what's my name? you have me worried

Translation: "I have to insert my political views into every piece of medium I can get my hands on. Look at how smart and not a liberal cuck I am guys!."

>tfw Rebuild was doomed to be shit by 3.33 and it's all the fault of filthy kaworu and asukafags

all around me are familiar faces
hello darkness my old friend
it aaain't me

It's not "triggered" to point out that you speak like a fucking retard. Nothing but projecting, Sup Forumstier memes, and a complete detachment from the real world.

The irony is, for someone who thinks Instrumentality is bad, you've cocooned yourself in your own private reality made of copy-pasted right-wing buzzwords: like if Instrumentality was created by some 14 year old edgelord who can't express himself without borrowing diction from the kind of cancerous shit you'd find on shared on Facebook.

You don't "trigger", you embarrass.

>Post about the ideology of a character and a franchise
>People discuss that ideology
>WAAAAH WAAAAAH SOMEBODY POSTED FACTS ABOUT MY IDEOLOGY THAT I DON'T LIKE WAAAAAAH

Leftists should be gassed.

Are you going to learn how to read English any time soon, Paco?

>It's not "triggered" to point out that you speak like a fucking retard
Translation: "I am once again unable to dispute even a single statement, and will whine and cry in hopes those facts will go away."

He loved Shinji, but would he ever have actually done anything with him

Not an argument.

Are you going to get off welfare any time soon, Daaquuan?

>but he loved Shnji
lol no he didn't

Nigger literally tried to kill Shinji and everyone who he cared for, INCLUDING HIMSELF.

Kaworu is chaotic evil.

Except it certainly is an argument now, faggot, because you didn't make a single empirical point in your incoherent, offended response. So you happily opened yourself up to valid ad hominem attacks because you're so offended and triggered that you decided to turn the argument to insults and howling like a wild monkey.