Bulgarian Deputy PM Simeonov: Russian Patriarch Kirill Is ‘Second-Rate Soviet Cop’

Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister Valeri Simeonov sharply criticised Russian Patriarch Kirill for seeking to impose the Kremlin’s view of the Russo-Turkish War, describing the cleric as a former KGB agent – “a second-rate Soviet cop” who had no business lecturing Bulgaria’s President about history.

“This Kirill is not descended from heaven…he is not the messenger of the Lord God or Jesus Christ,” Simeonov said. “Kirill is known as the cigarette metropolitan of Russia. From 1996, he got $14 billion from importing non-proprietary cigarettes,” the deputy prime minister said.

Simeonov said that Kirill had a private aircraft, a villa in Switzerland, a $30 000 watch “and he has the insolence to give judgment in front of the Bulgarian President”.

He asked what would happen if Bulgarian Orthodox Church Patriarch Neofit went to Moscow and started lecturing Vladimir Putin about history, with Simeonov imagining Neofit challenging Putin about the Russian president’s untrue claim that Saints Cyril and Methodius came from Byzantium. “What would happen to him?”

“And this is a spiritual person,” Simeonov said, referring to Kirill. “A spiritual person, when he mentions the victims of these battles, he takes out their bones and throws them out of history. What is he? He is not an Eastern Orthodox cleric. He is Agent Mihailov, of the Soviet KGB, that is proven. A second-rate Soviet cop coming to me to say what is true and not true? Excuse me,” Simeonov said.

A day before Simeonov’s comments, Kirill’s conduct also was called into question by two Bulgarian former presidents, Petar Stoyanov and Rossen Plevneliev.

sofiaglobe.com/2018/03/07/bulgarian-deputy-pm-simeonov-russian-patriarch-kirill-is-second-rate-soviet-cop/

>the Russian president’s untrue claim that Saints Cyril and Methodius came from Byzantium
Where did they come from?

Become Catholic.

I don't know much about the history of Orthodoxy.

Ok, because i've never heard anyone ever claiming otherwise.
I also didn't get this part
>seeking to impose the Kremlin’s view of the Russo-Turkish War
What are they arguing for?
As for Kirill, i don't know much about him. It seems he gets lots of criticism but i can't be sure if it's legit or the same old western anti Russian propaganda. It would be very serious if it's true though.

I mean these
>“Kirill is known as the cigarette metropolitan of Russia. From 1996, he got $14 billion from importing non-proprietary cigarettes,” the deputy prime minister said.
>Simeonov said that Kirill had a private aircraft, a villa in Switzerland, a $30 000 watch “

i have always suspected putins rise among other things (for example this cleric thing) was a syntom of something that not many have tought

a literal kgb rise to power

if russia becames a one party state in the future i will take it as a confirmation

>in the future

Both are true. The church had special permit for alcohol and tobaco sales in 90s, and there was a recent scandal with watches shoped away from his wrist but they forgot to edit them out of reflection.

>What are they arguing for?
The head of the Russian Orthodox Church expressed dissatisfaction with the speech of Bulgarian President Rumen Radev at the celebrations in honor of the 140th anniversary of liberation from the Ottoman yoke. According to Cyril, Radev did not sufficiently emphasize Russia's role in the victory over the Ottoman Empire.

russophiles BTFO

DEY WUZ BULGARZ N SHEEEIT?

How fucking stupid can you get like ok villas and other things can be hidden from sight, but 30k watches. What ever you think about the pope he rocks this watch which is about 10$ or something

>KGBPatriarch
>Commie Pope
>every Prot cult co-opted by Marxists
Truly the Lord has given up on this rock.

>private aircraft
Head of the Russian Orthodox Church Patriarch Kirill flew to St. Petersburg on a business jet with increased comfort.
Aircraft Legacy 600 VP-BGL company "Sirius-Aero" has on its board a few berths, equipped with satellite fax, it has a TV and comfortable chairs.
The salon of the business jet, in which Patriarch Kirill flew from Moscow to Petersburg, is decorated with a polished tree.

be scared indian
every government is beeing weakened but one
china regime only keeps strengtening

seems like communism will win after all

you and all need to learn more about ortodoxy or stay out of it making retarded comments

Do you know that the greek and bulgarian orthodox rejected the patriarch Kirill, calling him a pseudo-orthodox?
In many respects this is due to the completely unorthodox patriach Kirills's life
Patriarch Kirill is the richest clergyman

I really don't know nothing about Bulgarian history but this looks to me like a fight for cultural influence over Bulgaria between Russia and EU.
Things don't work like this in Orthodoxy. No patriarch have the power to mess with the faith orthe dogma, not even the ecumenical patriarch. That's the difference from the pope.

you do not know first shit about it ,we ortodox countries are actually allowed to criticize and call out each other for such things
second is, more powerful country is, more money there will be put in church, if you think that is expensive i assume u have never seen church with whole wall and icons out of gold?

>more money there will be put in church
Now think about whose money will be spent on expensive watches, airplanes, villas, expensive cars for the church. Money of ordinary people, which are taken from the budget of the country. I think this is abnormal. The state should not sponsor the church for taxpayers' money. The church teaches modesty, but there is no modesty in this case at all. The Bible says "it's easier for a camel to go through the needle ears than for a rich man to go to heaven." And after this they teach people the
morals?

I do not see any struggle. I see only the ignorant utterance of Patriarch Cyril, who is too far to teach someone morality or something else

then fuck off ortodoxy ?
I would willingly give money each month to church till the end of my life, you know , if you are not even familiar with ortodox culture and people why do you make this thread?
It's never too late to educate ,but you can't approach it like science book you know?

I am 90% sure that their mission to Eastern Europe (or more specific, Greater Moravia) was send from Rome.
>What are they arguing for?
In all honesty, fuck the Turks and all, but Russia had any sort of legitimate cause against the Turks only after they raped Crimea out of existence.

>That's the difference from the pope.
Pope who tries to mess with dogma automatically stops to be Pope. Don't bear false witness

You can donate money to the church, I believe that people can do it. But the church should not be sponsored from the budget, as it is done in Russia. I've told.