I put $5000 into a Roth IRA today. Did I do good or will i be dead before I ever see that money again

I put $5000 into a Roth IRA today. Did I do good or will i be dead before I ever see that money again

Other urls found in this thread:

awealthofcommonsense.com/2014/02/worlds-worst-market-timer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Did I do good or will i be dead
both

Lame af, buy stock

it's a start

now learn how to use it

What kind of brainlet gives this advice and doesn't realize the point of an IRA is to hold stock?

Buying high...idk user. The market DOW might have another 3k points before the next crash, but it'll come.

You're young, so no big deal either way.

>tax free money is lame
>buy investments that are heavily taxed
(((Globalists))) took 32K out of my profits last year
I can in fact confirm having a ROTH IRA is a good plan

>or will i be dead before I ever see that money again
The dollar will have collapsed long before you retire, m8. Not sure how your Amerifat retirement accounts work, but you better make sure you can pull that shit out at the drop of a hat when the happening starts.

>buying high
Fucking this. By 2023, if not sooner, the market will start recessing. Anything you invest in now tied to the stock market will be risky for the next 5 years or so, the risk increasing until the market finally crashes. The rates for long-term fixed-rate CDs, on the other hand, aren't too bad right now (2.25-2.5%).

tldr; short term, stocks might be okay, but gradually shifting to CDs or other long-term fixed-rate investments is the way to go.

>will i be dead before I ever see that money again
bro you can withdraw principal from a roth ira without penalty. It's early withdrawal of growth you're penalized for

>timing the market
lel
awealthofcommonsense.com/2014/02/worlds-worst-market-timer/

Good call on a Roth over a traditional IRA. Max contributions each year, and dump that shit into target year retirement funds with dividend reinvestment

t. guy who pumps his Roth IRA into retirement funds and puts his fuck you money into memes on Robinhood

Good Goy use those financial tools I made to get ahead

>the dutch and anglos didn’t invent any financial instruments
kys

Being a good goy would be holding cash because >muh Jews running the markets or buying enough gold and silver to fill an attic and praying for global thermonuclear war

good on you for maxing your roth, but maybe look into vanguard index funds to replace your target date funds & potentially increase returns by lowing expense ratios

>kikes invent income tax
>kikes invent a managed fund to evade the tax they created
You're fucked no matter what. Work for cash and declare nothing.

why do stupid people try to get into investing?

I'm in Schwab's equivalent target 2045 funds since they're my broker, but definitely sound advice for anyone perusing the thread, so much obliged my dude

Should've dumped it into precious metals, faggot.

1: you should have put that money in when the market tanked in february
2: IRAs are good in theory but 40[i'm guessing] years is a long time. a lot can happen, including total financial collapse

(((Roth)))

Even a real knuckledragger can take a weekend of their life to read up on shit, and toss some of their disposable income into a system that will, barring a complete societal meltdown, provide an amazing future benefit to them.

Pic related, although my swing trading ways nicked about 520 dollarydoos from my funtrading account in the past week

They don't. Generally, stupid people are good goys who "work hard, play hard" and spend nearly all of their paycheck because yolo. They think "investing" means getting their 401(k) match and forgetting about it.

Or they think "investing" means buying BTC when it's trending & then selling it off when the /biz/ catalog is covered in nothing but pink wojak thumbnails

right on

should have, could have. no point in trying to time the market. Also, like I said above, you can withdraw principal from a roth penalty free, so it's not like it's stuck there until you're a real-life oldfag