>Ninjas
>Pirates
>Exorcists
>Superheroes
>Detectives
>People who fight supernatural stuff
>Martial artists
>Even fucking gangsters with that Hitman manga

Meanwhile, there's no shounen whatsoever about cowboys or wild west-stuff. Why is that?

Stuff like Trigun doesn't count seeing that's more sci-fi with slight western elements. I'm talking about 1800s steam and guns shit.

>he didn't read RED

I am sure that you find black people keep screaming in social media for more black protagonist movies to be shown and funded by Hollywood and your tax money to be incredibly heartwarming since you are trying to pull the same shit yet.

Steel Ball Run is set in 1800s USA, does that count as a western?

Yes you idiot

Came here to say this

Are you retarded? Trigun is 100% western aesthetic, the sci-fi is just the genre.

this one started this year. But haven´t read it yet since I´ve been occupied with some other manga. Give it a try and tell us

>Stuff like Trigun doesn't count seeing that's more sci-fi with slight western
Then neither does one piece as a pirate manga seeing it's more high fantasy with slight piracy

He said shonen, not seinen, anons?

OP confirmed for never reading anything by Jiro Taniguchi

Are there any other archtypes that haven't been used?

>monks
But this might fall under martial arts.

>there's no shounen whatsoever about cowboys
that's where you're fuckin wrong, kiddo

I'm more surprised there isn't any long running battle shounen about vikings.

And no, vinland saga doesn't count.

Characters from myths?

all we need is vinland saga

The idea of an afterlife where you fight forever kinda lends itself for a shonen, it's kinda weird it wasn't used.

what about trigun?or gun frontier?i know is not a popular setting,but there are some stuff out there

also grenadier,it was kinda weird and exactly about cowboy but it got a cowboy like vibe

The vikings seem to have inspired Oda to do One Piece and every human giant in that series seems to be one.

Shits funny

There was a bunch of cowboy one shots and short lived manga but as you can tell none really took off.Araki made a one shot called Poker Under Arms once

Already mentioned ITT, but both Steel Ball Run and Gun Frontier are HUGE shonen manga about cowboys.

I'd say Green Blood but I think it's a seinen and not a shonen
It's by the author of Rainbow and Hideout