Is there a good non-kike distro that's easy on the wits of the common man?

Is there a good non-kike distro that's easy on the wits of the common man?

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/women/
gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

linux mint ubuntu version

windows xp
linux is a communist project

Air conditioned environment - Do not open Windows.

ElementaryOS, Manjaro Deepin, Solus 3 Budgie

Remember to test-drive with a live USB before installing any distro.

debian

it's the industry standard and it's the best well documented/maintained

it's low on bloat

anyone who bitches about debian having systemd doesn't understand what they are talking about

any other answer is a meme

Anything that is Debian-based is automatically tainted by this debian.org/women/

Ironically, your best bet is probably Fedora.

no one gives a shit about your dramafagging

debian is what they use on the International Space Station

no one gives a shit about their virtue signalling

>anyone who bitches about debian having systemd doesn't understand what they are talking about
Systemd is fucking shit and they should have went with OpenRC, which is the default used by Gentoo.

Fuck Linux. BSD for life you nigger lover.

Yeah and NASA uses Macs, stop trying to appeal to authority. The Debian project is run by raging SJWs and their retardation leaks into all the other decisions they make as well.

But can you play games on it?

t. guy who doesn't understand what he's talking about

actually they use thinkpads and HP hardware, they use a lot of things

>The Debian project is run by raging SJWs
no it is, they virtue signal just like any other large software project

yes, things like wine are the easiest to configure on debian

I've been a debianfag for decades but this is false. It's not for newbs at all. OP should stick to Mint, non-official Ubuntu, or Manjaro. The other guy saying Solus is also wrong.

Checked. Debian it is.

BSD's filesystem crashes after forced shutdowns. It happened to me twice. On Linux, no.

Yes, actually. Steam has a Linux binary. Not that anything will run amazingly well because neither AMD nor Nvidia can get their heads out of their ass. Although AMD's head is slightly less in their ass since they switched completely to open-source drivers.

>t. guy who doesn't understand what he's talking about
I rolled my own distro for a long time. Systemd is a massive fucking hassle and it only makes things more convoluted. Almost everything about it is done better elsewhere and it was a poor decision. It was as bad of an idea as shit like Mir and you are retarded for defending it.

>no it is, they virtue signal just like any other large software project
Haven't seen Red Hat, SUSE, or any of the BSDs do any virtue signaling. It's a Debian thing. Go neck yourself.

What the fuck are you even talking about. Wine is the same on pretty much every distro, especially when you have PlayOnLinux available.

If you're an absolute Linux new fag just install Ubuntu.

If you aren't a complete newb, use Arch.

Also, the guy saying debian is run by raging SJWs is 100% correct

Nope. I have been using BSD on hundreds of systems since 1995 and I don't know what the fuck you're nigger ass is talking about.

> t. nigger who doesn't know how to use a computer

guess what? if you're too stupid for systemd you can pick a different init system! wow!

windows 3.1 is the only red pilled OS

1. it's really not

2. by that logic every major technology company/provider is run by sjws and you need to go live in a cave where you fab silicon yourself and network with only troglodytes

Oh Jesus they talked OP into Debian. Normally I don't hate you guys, but what the fuck are you doing?

This is true. ZFS is literally the best filesystem ever created.

On Debian? Hahaha. Get fucked, you've clearly never tried that. Anyway, I did pick another init system with my own distro. OpenRC. And I kept using it when I switched to Gentoo.

>industry standard
>ships a broken and horribly outdate even for debian cdrtools fork
debian a shit

>you've clearly never tried that.
I roll automated debian builds for a living, it takes me a seconds to start a build, you need to find a different line of work buddy

Fedora,and now some autist whill shout about how I am an upaid tester for redhat. I dont give a fuck, I Like fedra so what that redhat make use of that.

>I roll automated debian builds for a living
Oh so you're one of their SJWs then. No wonder you're so retarded.

>GaNdU+Lincucks : Debian or Arch linux
>Windows : Windows 7 or lower,everything else is hideous botnet
>"Pajeetanon,but i am autistic?" Install Gentoo then

outdated

Just get Ubuntu,Fedora or Debian.
Doing the let's try a new OS journey is something every Linuxfag has to go through because he wants to be a leet hacker who can post his minimal desktops in the desktop threads on Sup Forums. But in the end one will realise it's not really worth the hassle.
>inb4 mad Gentoo and Arch faggots
Whatever.

>some guy in bulgaria bitching about how he can't burn CDs in 2018
hahahaahhahaahha

use something that is ubuntu or debian based for learning gnu/linux.

And for God's sake,get the fuck off (((chrome)))

I gave Mint a fair shot last year, I liked it but wouldn't mind something a little more real without having to be a too much of a nerd.

A pajeet that doesnt shill for microsoft, now I´ve seen everything

Install gentoo

I enjoyed using Ubuntu years ago, better now I hear.

>linux is a communist project
People make and program for linux as a hobby really. Nobody is forcing anyone to work on it.

nah the chinese government are so they have back doors into it

This is 100% true besides recommending Debian, which is the retarded uncle of Linux distros. At least Ubuntu has the full force of every new Linux user on the planet using it, so any issues you encounter will have been addressed somewhere on Google. Fedora is kinda similar in that it has Red Hat's backing. Debian is a shadow of its former glory and they just follow Red Hat's lead these days. I don't even understand why it still exists.

Explain.

Haha look at you computer geeks talking about your distros, lol. I used to bully you nerds back in high school. While you're out using Linux I'm fucking your wife behind your back. She loves me 9" juicy cock. Guess what? I'm a Windows users. Yer sue me I'm not some fat dork with a neckbeard!

I would shill for them if they hadn't completely jewed Win10
>meme grade start menu
>MC's whore AI GF is your (((virtual assistant)))
>auto-updates adding unnecessary (((features)))
>system bloat with new (((updates)))
>phone's home about EVERYTHING

I should have known something is up with all the (((free upgrades))) in 2016

microsoft's primary mode of income is government contracting through stuff like school suppliers, military servers, etc

it's the very definition of an authoritarian/communist institution

It´s just the standard botnet meme

Debian, or Ubuntu if you don't know what you are doing.

It is the *opposite* of communism, people are payed to work on it.
It is about as *free market* as you can get.

Chrome is google through and through, certainly almost everything you do will be send to google.

>WE WUZ ALPHA CHADS N SHEEEEEIT

You're not a windows user, you're a British colony

You have to be 18 to post here.

welp, everything besides xp and 7 has sucked dont you remember the asboslutely retarded metro on win8

notice how anyone knocking debian doesn't actually explain why they think debian sucks other than "MUH CODE OF CONDUCT" dramafagging

anyone who complains about debian doesn't actually understand what they're talking about, usually their complaints would be trivially solvable if they were competent linux/distro developers

Wow, you sound rad

>It is about as *free market* as you can get.
No, that's BSD. The GPL is a cancer that limits your own options with your work, forcing you to open-source it. That may be best for the community, but it's more reminiscent of communism. The MIT/BSD licenses are far more permissive and more like true free markets.

I am over 18 months old

>literally made by (((google)))
>google is a data mining/analysis/machine learning/advertisement company
>every inane thing you do is sent to jewgle servers
>where algorithms written by 400 IQ PhD's analyze whatever inane bullshit is sent to it
>literally profiling you,first for those sweet (((adverts))) then for CIA or whoever pays
>Literally try to influence your politics by targeted ads

TempleOS and Tor or nothing

If you want to play games, use dual-boot.
Linux for gaming is shit, regardles of distribution.

No Sven,the botnet bit is a meme,the (((profiling))) bit is real

I just did. The Debian project doesn't make decisions on their own anymore. They completely follow everything that Red Hat does, but more poorly. They can't even figure out how to make apt not shit. Try explaining what advantages Debian has over RHEL/CentOS. There are none. At least Red Hat does its own thing and follows its own path, even if it leads to them developing horseshit like systemd. Debian just adopts their bad decisions regardless.

Ubuntu Gnome. It's easy to use, and it just works out of the box. If you're interested in being adventurous and wasting a shit ton of your time, arch+i3wm is your friend.

If you're transiting from Win or Mac, use either Ubuntu or Zorin (which was specifically made for transitioning from other OS's; and is ubuntu based-as noob-friendly as it can get)

anything compatible with intellectual property wall-offs (this is funded through coercion = taxes that fund the judicial system) is not supporting a free market

GPL/AGPL is true freedom, IP law is authoritarianism

>Hurrr, better use shitty unsupported Microsoft software because I don't understand the linux ecosystem buisness model hurrr
You're a retard.

you're gonna need to be more specific, but you won't because it will reveal your ignorance

A free market doesn't mean you have a right to someone else's work (i.e. the GPL). The GPL is more like communism where people don't personally own their work and instead the community does.

Pearl Linux looks like OSX, it is nice to use... buggy at times, but worth it.

t. Too dumb for arch

GPL is free association

don't like it? don't use the GPL. but if you close your stuff behind IP law you are not supporting a free market (which the GPL does)

>HURRRRR
>DUUUUUUURRRRR
We get it, you're a Debianfag and you're defending it with your life. Nobody cares about your personal preferences, shit up some other thread.

whiter than you achmed

I guess you are not wrong. Debian IS the retarded uncle at this point.
And learning about Linux works just as well with Ubuntu maybe even better because the probably isn't a single problem that hasn't been asked and answered by someone on a forum multiple times.

Linux distribution recommendations will be absolutely wild here. Every geek will shill his own distro choice to prove his elite status, special, unique, rare, edgy, uncommon personality.

The fact there are so many distros is good, there's innovation there, and bad, there's a lot of duplicated effort and talent wasted.

You don't want to be too lost in all this, as a beginner.

Just pick one of the top distros:

Fedora is the technology spearhead of RedHat, the largest Linux company

SUSE Leap, very stable distro for home use, has the same genes as their Enterprise offering

Ubuntu, based on Debian, it's a very popular choice

I don't think you know what a free market is. Free markets allow private ownership, which includes you reserving the right to not distribute your source code. The GPL does not allow private ownership of source code. You MUST release your source code, which is communism.

free markets are about lack of coercion, IP law is funded through coercion (I pay taxes that support Microsoft's patent integrity by funding that part of the judicial system whether or not I use their products), this is not a free market

the GPL does allow private ownership of source code, there is nothing forcing you to release your source code unless you interact with users, which is the equivalent of letting a business partner actually read the contract they are signing, no sane businessman would consider a free market one where you aren't allowed to read the contract (code) in a deal you are making, and in the spirit of such an analogy, all interactions with software (code) are indistinguishable from a market transaction (using data instead of some other goods/service)

women have pussies that men like, and they spend their time getting their pussies filled by any man of their choosing. Women have better things to do than sinking many, many hours of their lives into learning the intricacies of complex software. Women programmers generally suck unless they're physically deformed or menopausal.

I've mentioned specific things in my posts, you just have selective reading like most SJWs. Anyway, even if someone has no issues with the Debian project, there is literally nothing about it that makes it better than having Red Hat's backing. Both Debian and Canonical keep dedicating years to developing garbage (Upstart, Mir, etc) and then ditching it for things that Red Hat has pioneered. Granted, Debian didn't really buy into Mir but they still ended up following Red Hat.

you've yet to name a single subsystem as an example

You must release your code if you just modify existing GPL code.

If you write your own, nobody forces you to use GPL. Just use a proprietary license and profit!

But if you use other people's code and add minor tweaks, you can't sell all that as your own, that would be quite Jewing now, wouldn't it?

My God, you fucking mongoloid. GPL code is freely available insofar as derivative works of said code are also freely available. It is a contractual agreement between the owner of the IP and the person who wants to make a derivative work. THIS IS NOT COMMUNISM. Good lord.

Install KDE neon - all the best tools in one distro + best DE there is in terms of graphics/functionality. Really easy to set up and their dev team isn't retarded.
Partially. I mean, read up FreeBSD's CoC, their OS is Linux-based and is literaly FreeSJW at this point. By the way I've contacted a guy who wanted to make FreiBSD - natsoc version of FreeBSD with handy features like special (((detecting))) web-browser and many other things. CoC would be TradWorker's 25 points or something in that key. Though the dev ain't replying to me, seems dead at the moment, at least on Gab.
Here's another OSJW.
>redditspaces
>defends progressives and their autism
Oy vey!

world where everyone uses BSD = (((intellectual property courts funded through taxation)))

world where everyone uses GPL = free association, no courts required

Honestly it doesn't really matter what distro you use if you're a beginner, if it's stable and well maintained. The real question is what kind of desktop environment you should pick.

Quit moving the goalposts. I told you why Debian is shit. Now explain why anyone would want to use it over RHEL/CentOS when all they do is follow their lead.

haha, ad hominem but
1. i don't use debian [because it's a shit]
2. i don't burn cds
3. even if 1 and / or 2 were not true i'd have the real software not the debian crap for which coincidentally guess (((who))) was responsible
debian not having corrected this issue for years and subsequently providing downstream do the same is proof of it' industry standard

Manjaro... Arch Linux ... Based
Just say no to Ubuntu OP

>Everyone uses GPL
>Everyone owns everyone else's work
Communism

you don't understand the GPL if you think this is how it works

you are perfectly free to not join a network of GPL linkage and develop your own in house tools that are never read by anyone else

Pretty much all you're saying is that you can have a free market if you don't use the GPL, which I agree with. That's why I use MIT/BSD licenses. They don't require you to do anything with your work, you decide.

>Solus
>Linux Mint
>Linux Lite
>Manjaro
>Deepin
>OpenSUSE
>Debian
Yeah, there's plenty of good distros that meet those criteria

MIT/BSD licenses are not compatible with a free market, they allow coercion

Ahh finally the Archfag shows up.
>Manjaro
Top zoozle.

See Yes, of course you can have a free market without using the GPL. That's obvious and what I've been saying. Using the GPL restricts free markets though, and the more people that use it the less free the markets become because at a certain point as complexity increases it becomes less feasible to completely write your own libraries from scratch for everything.

don't fall for memes and wind up installing something you don't even know how to use. if you don't want to get made fun of for using Ubuntu, then just install Debian, get comfortable with learning the command line, and in a few years if you want to be more autistic, then consider changing to something else. but if you're just going to be a casual user, there's no real need to go any further.

GPL doesn't force you to relinquish ownership over your work, you dumbass. I don't own anything anyone else has GPL'd. I am only allowed to use it under the condition that if I add on to it (and distribute it), I follow the same guidelines.

Rrrreeeeeaaaadddd the fucking source.

The MIT/BSD licenses ALLOW coercion. The GPL REQUIRES coercion.