Why haven't you learned to draw fanart of your waifu yet?

Why haven't you learned to draw fanart of your waifu yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

design.tutsplus.com/articles/why-is-it-so-hard-to-draw-from-imagination-heres-how-to-do-it--cms-22967
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I draw her every day

I've been trying to get to the point where it looks at least halfway decent. Also what book is OPs pic from?

I am learning. Right now I am so bad at it that any attempt at it feels wrong and I never finish.

Post your work.

Give link for manual, I wanna try

I'll learn one day. She never really got any fan art, so I feel like it's my duty to eventually try and crank some out.

>Post your work.
Only if you don't bully me

Because I would sully yours with the most unspeakable of images that even the likes of Shindol would blush at. Do you want that to happen user?

そのまま使える女の子ポーズ500

I have no stick-to-it-tiveness.

I learn to draw another user waifu before mine. I won't draw her until I git gud.

>drop vidya to fully get into drawing
>buy drawing books, sketchbooks, pencils and stuff
>get hype
>look for a drawing desk so I don't hurt my back
>they're expensive as hell!
>order one anyways
>look for pictures to start practicing
>boner
>fap
>go back to vidya
>cancel drawing desk order

Because drawing doesn't get you paid.

Even if I had the skills, I don't have the ideas. She gets plenty of fanart anyway.

I learned Japanese for her instead, since her games aren't translated.

>people masturbate to the art of your waifu that you put your heart and soul into

Neither does posting on Sup Forums

>131_02
hhnnnnggghhh

>そのまま使える女の子ポーズ500
shit I will go legal and buy the thing.

Jokes on you, people actually pay me to draw my waifu.

>make lewd art of her
>people comment that they want to bang her
Mission accomplished

I have learnt how to draw but I have no waifu

>try to draw
>realize how shit the draw is
I can't do anything above kindergarten level,

I've been trying to desperately get back into drawing, but not for waifu purposes. I used to draw a bunch as a kid, and I wish I had kept at it instead of dropping it. I wish I could draw from my imagination, but I just can't seem to grasp the concept, as well as things like 3D space.
>Psyched myself up tonight that I was going to draw
>Got some new pencils and sat at my desk with some music
>Whip out my drawing pad
>Can't think of a single thing to draw
>Don't want to get into the habit of stuff like tracing, but not satisfied with what I do
I know if I don't try, I'll never get anywhere, but it's just so discouraging.

Pretty much this.

What if I spend more time shit posting at my job than I do actual work?

I'm planning my learning project for the year of 2018. Hopefully it goes well so I can draw much needed fanart for all of my favorite obscure 2D girls.

I'm trying.

I had a thread about her a month ago and just talking about her made a bunch of people want to fuck her. I'm a very lewd person, so if I do accomplish learning how to draw well, I am afraid what kind of perverts I will be meeting.

Ganbatte Amufag.

Im drawing my own oc waifu but cant even post it here cause some degenerate would start masturbating to her.

Anyway, why is drawing so hard. Wish I got some of those asian genes.

>needing a drawing desk

But I am!

>I wish I could draw from my imagination
I literally google'd "Why can't I draw what I see In my head?" and came across this.

design.tutsplus.com/articles/why-is-it-so-hard-to-draw-from-imagination-heres-how-to-do-it--cms-22967

This is more about drawing from memory than imagination.

>Imagination is a feature of your mind that lets you mix elements of reality to create new versions of it.
It's about building up a strong memory/knowledge you can work with to draw from imagination.

Same reason I haven't learned Japanese yet.

And imagination needs a base if you want to put it on paper, one of the key points in the article is that your mind doesn't know how "what ever it's trying to put together" is constructed and haw can you give physical form to something that your mind can't even put together? You have this very vague "image" that you can't even describe and you wonder why you can't draw it? You draw a blank because you don't even have anything to work with, it's hard to build with no building blocks.

I don't have to..

I have 3D model of mai waifu. She's OC

/ic/ here post your work so I can reccomend were you should start.

All the SYD girls are so fuckable, except Suzu, who is for cuddles and teasing only.

>Want to get /fit/ so that my waifu loves me
>Want to learn japanese so that I can talk with my waifu
>Want to learn to draw my waifu
>still have to watch anime and go to work
Life is too short

And yet so few doujins.
Wish you knew how to draw.

You will tell him to start with loomis anyway.

I'm learning. Right now all I can do is make copies of anime screenshots or official promo art though. If I draw from imagination it looks like one of those old learn to draw manga books written by people who couldn't actually draw.

I haven't drawn anything in like 10 or more years.

loomis is a dumb meme /ic/ made to discourage sloucher, there are better alternative. It should be use as introduction not as stable guide.

I suck and don't have the patience to get better.

Loomis just frustrated me, I couldn't even draw a decent circle and guidelines why would I be able to draw a fucking face from imagination? Everybody should start with mastering observational drawing before trying to draw their waifus.

I pretty much accomplished all of those goals. If I can do it anyone can.

>start with mastering observational drawing
well yes you start from reference and advance to drawing less from reference after your build up enough photographic and muscle memories. Drawing from Imagination is hard for those who are too used to the fundamental and forget free style, while other people are able to translate their their imagination down to their pen they lack the fundamental to get better. The point is that those who are their own teacher at drawing, they lack concrete guidance so they often blindly studying subject with zero objective or steps to get better.

I started drawing waifus here as a joke a few years ago but now I'm not bad at it. If my joke ass can do it, you guys can do it too.

I kinda start feeling most of those books are pointless. Especially when dropping on random picarto streams and learning people that are 100x better never used any.

>tfw so autistic I try NOT to draw my waifu too much because I get completely absorbed and can spend multiple hours a day trying to and enjoying drawing her

Mazui, I still need a few things to finish before I can dedicate my full efforts to drawing but damn if I don't love drawing my waifu. Creating a pretty picture of her where she is smiling or making a cute expression just filled my chest with so much warmth.

shhhhhhhhh ;;;; )))

130_03 and 131_01 are best.

some I agree, but Micheal and Scott series are great to advance into after Loomis. They not very descriptive to their instruction, but the imagery it provide is enough for one with basic fundie to understand how these mechanic work.
Picarto is fine too, but it takes too long, there are online instruction video which you can pirate, but I think books suit better as alternative way to study other famous artist who dont teach in person.

Are those Framed Perspective books really worth studying before the other books? I've seen the Hampton and Robertson books recommended all over but not those.

I literally did.

not at all, I think person who made that picture dont mean to have them in order. I'd say Hampton>Robertson with few basic from Frame1> Frame1 and Frame2> Frand 2 and Ink> Gurney.

If you are absolute beginner I dont recommend try these book yet.

>some
Find me one guy on picarto that knows about loomis. Each and everyone of them "feel" perspective, anatomy, color theory ant other stuff. I have no idea how.

I'm wonder if skilled people just have clear visualization or photographic memory and dont't need those books when then can just trace it from their mind.

But I did

Anyone have the screencap of the guy who drew lewds on his own mother?

There are /ic/ fags in picarto in the stream thread. Up to you pal, there are people train to get where they at too and it's always a long process of commitment. If you dont start asking and researching then you'll stuck in the same place forever.

But I did, and I fear the day I get good enough to lewd her

Good artists started drawing when they were young children. It's just combination pf repetition over years and good wiring inside brain. Of course there are autists that can draw entire earth from memory after seeing it. If your brain isn't wired for drawing, you will do shitty art no matter how much you draw. Draw and see which one you are.

I only imagine her in my mind. I don't really like physical reminders of things that will never be. I don't even take pictures of anything.

Its Robertson ---> Hampton, not the other way around.

You're supposed to have some skills with geometry shape before even touching human body.

I would recommend anyone to start with Robertson and go until he starts constructing curved surfaces.
Then you go Vilppu + Hampton + Proko they are all regurgitating the same good stuff
Then you go back to finish Robettson's how to draw and start How to Render.

>not becoming a sculptor to carve a 5 meter tall white marble waifu so she would be dusplayed in myseums as s pinnacle of cultural achievent hundreds of years after you died

What are you gay?

I DID

Because Yuno-sensei left us.

>that cunny
CUTE

I started at that time too. How long has it been? 6 years?

There is no such thing as drawing talent, becoming an expert at something is all about acumulating hours of deliberate practice. The younger you start the better chance you have because you'll have more time to stack up those hours. A good teacher is also very good as is having enough sleep every night(the more the better). There are neurological constraints however like certain aspects of cognition like working memory for instance start going down at like age 50, some stuff already at age 22.

True.
But some people are just fucking dumb and cant learn.
Drawing engages mental rotation cognitive ability it can and should be trained to get better but if you just suck at it you wont go anywhere in drawing or math

>draw lots but too much of a pussy to post

5 or 6 years, yeah. ;_;

Post your progress.

You get the feel by drilling shit into you. Draw more and more and more and more.

Using references and studying theory helps that drilling bit, but you still have to grind.

>lurk and steal drawing idea from both draw thread but never post result

but why

get a back bone. not everyone is a dick in the drawthread, we can be happy to help

Progress is shit. I don't want some /ic/ user take the rest of my low motivation.

>pengu shitposting
>of course its europe

That week was the most productive I have ever been. Since then I've done very little due to laziness. I really want to start up again though, maybe things will be different this time.

You know, that's a bad idea. I'll think about it.

NOT a bad idea. Fuck. Time to go to bed.

d/ic/k are unusually bitter people even by Sup Forums standards. Sup Forumsnons are more relaxed compared to them and I usually don't see assholish responses here to beginner drawfags.

Here. My scanner is dead for long time, so only got some phone image.

Looks pretty good to me user. Ganbare yo.

> imagination drawing == memory drawing

your brain knows enough characteristic elements about your waifu for you to be able to recognize when you see her, but it doesn't not remember enough for you to be able to recreate her

we are able to speak because we memorize the sounds we have to make to send certain messages. We memory the sounds because we
>1. are able to hear them
>2. are able to try and reproduce them
After enough attempting to reproduce the sounds you hear (since you are born since 1-2 years old) you can start reproducing some sounds. And as years passes we can transmit more complex messages.

The reason why we don't learn to draw naturally like with speaking, is because our body is born with a why to recognize shapes, but not to reproduce them. Therefore, we learn to recognize shapes, but not recall them in detail enough to reproduce them.

Just give your body the ability to reproduce shapes (paper in one hand, pencil in the other) for as many years as you've been talking, and you will be able to draw as easy as talking or writing is to you.

Trying to draw is like trying to learn a new language while also trying to write a book in that language. You have to give yourself time to accommodate to the new language before you try to transmit even the most basic of message in that language.

>bottom right
>your waifu will never pick fleas off your back ;_;

you'll be good at drawing they're waifu but you'll still suck at drawing you're waifu

I think she's squeezing his back pimples.

Thanks. It gets depressing seeing people achieve the same after only a year though,

>not drawing on the bark of a tree
pleb.

>being such a cuckhold that you trap them with your lewd art.

>since you are born until 1-2 years old

but I have and Japanese as well

Because I can spend that time working to get money to pay people to draw my waifu better than I ever could.

Massive improvement.

>I think she's squeezing his back pimples.

It feels great.

Not a waifu but I've made some sketches last night, surprised to see a thread quite related