Let's talk about cars in a Sup Forums context

Let's talk about cars in a Sup Forums context.
- Has the lifespan of a new car increased or decreased in recent years?
- Do car manufacturers implement planned obsolescence on car parts, and if so, to what extent? Are all those routine visits to repair shops really necessary?
- Is the VW scandal anything other than an attack on the German economy?
- What are objectively the best, most reliable and fairly priced car models and brands?
- Aren't touch screens in budget cars a huge safety risk?
- Would you trust a car that has a central computer and can theoretically be hijacked? Remember the suspicious car accident that killed Jörg Haider?
- Is there a red pill on cars, and is it the Lada 4x4?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYAL5tCJ-Rc&t=9
cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCall.do?rt=1520692968&screen=1536x864&userID=DE&lang=de&PARAM=parameter_internet_de&ORDERTYPE=991110&MODELYEAR=2018&hookURL=https://www.porsche.com/germany/modelstart/all/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Aren't touch screens in budget cars a huge safety risk?
Yes.
If you have to go through menus on your touchscreen just to change the radio station that's pretty bad because you don't have your eyes on the road during that time.

>Is the VW scandal anything other than an attack on the German economy?
probably not. every car manufacturer lies about metrics in marketing all the time, i fail to see how this was any different. someone's mad at diesel cars for some reason
>is it the Lada 4x4?
most likely yes

If you don't drive a pickup or an old beater you're a fag

Depends, a 2018 GM touch screen or the new Volvo screens have everything at 1 or 2 touches, a BMW or Lexus with dial and mouse controlled screens is a PITA.

Also we have /o/ for this

>he only has one vehicle

i find that reliability is hardly an issue anymore. unless you don't properly maintain them.

their obsolescence comes mostly from trends and fashion, not mechanical handicap.

>youtube.com/watch?v=FYAL5tCJ-Rc&t=9

>Is there a red pill on cars, and is it the Lada 4x4?
yes

1. Decreased
2. Yes, everything from using plastic parts in vital engine components, which can't longterm handle temperature issues and cracked etc. To the electronics which fail and which have high replacement cost
3. Your cars are shit,and wholesalers diesel gate is caused by giving car looby too much power in DE. Eat shit with your reich cars, though there are plenty idiots who buy your shit, because muh German quality. No worries you probably will survive etc.
4. Koreans offer best value atm in general. Japanese, Italian, French vary depending on segment and brand. German cars are overpriced considering quality in general, although there as requested some exceptions.
5. Yes, but it sells and no one is doing safety test on touchscreens etc. So everyone can sell shit and get away with it.
6. No, there is too much electronics already in modern car and literally no security
7. Honestly hallmark for modern durable cars with right balance of comfort, durability and electronics falls somewhere around 2000-2008 area. Anything from that era is OK. Lada is fun but it's more of a meme car.

>- Has the lifespan of a new car increased or decreased in recent years?

I would say so, hell even some cars from the 90s have held up pretty well.

>- Do car manufacturers implement planned obsolescence on car parts, and if so, to what extent? Are all those routine visits to repair shops really necessary?

Yes planned obsolescence is real, to what extent I am not sure, and yes you need to have your car serviced, either once or twice in the year or every 10,000km which ever comes first, if you don't the oil will loose it's anti-friction properties and you will wear out the engine or even have it seize up.

>- Is the VW scandal anything other than an attack on the German economy?

No, they outright cheated and now have to deal with the consequences.

>- What are objectively the best, most reliable and fairly priced car models and brands?

Honda, Toyota and Mazda.

>- Aren't touch screens in budget cars a huge safety risk?

I don't see why, might be a distraction for the driver I guess.

>- Would you trust a car that has a central computer and can theoretically be hijacked? Remember the suspicious car accident that killed Jörg Haider?

I don't know of that accident, but I guess it could be a risk.

>- Is there a red pill on cars, and is it the Lada 4x4?

I don't think so, Lada Niva is a pretty simple and reliable 4x4 though.

>German cars are overpriced considering quality in general

Is someone still mad about WW2?

He's right, german cars are a huge money pit

You get what you pay for.

I don't even need to be mad to state obvious, German cars are overpriced, with few exceptions, and usually in segments where they are good value they only appear to be decently priced because whole segment is overpriced.

> Also, have cuckoo neighbour buy a German car
>2015 model year
> shows it off to me
>MFW there is already rust bubbles on a door panels near windows
>"Oh, user it's only because WV switched to new environmentally friendly paint"
>"it seems to be minor issue and dealer promised to fix it"
>mfw I secretly remember how shitty quality Phaeton was and how it had same issues back in around 2008 and there is some Latvian cuckoo of youtube complaining about this site
>MFW one of my colleagues has Audi , car is 4 years old and gearbox is failing.
> Heard rumors about "double-eyed" merc rust issues and tech issues
> watch a video about BMW using plastic cooler grill instead of metal one.

Only cukcs and corporate buy German, because muh lucrative leasing offer.

>Has the lifespan of a new car increased or decreased in recent years?
I'd say it's about the same. As long as you don't beat the shit out of your car and do routine maintenance, there's no reason it should take a dump on you.
>Do car manufacturers implement planned obsolescence on car parts, and if so, to what extent? Are all those routine visits to repair shops really necessary?
I don't think that it is planned obsolescence so much as parts wear out over time. They may suggest replacements earlier than needed. As far as routine visits to repair shops, yes and no. If you have the time, knowledge and space to take care of any maintenance on your own, by all means, diy. If not, find yourself a trustworthy mechanic. Its good to have one anyway in case your run into something you can't tackle yourself.
Touch screens in any cars are a safety risk. Poor people and rich people both drive like shit. Distractions for both are a bad thing. I'm pretty happy with my car. Everything I need is accessible through voice command or buttons on the steering wheel. I do have a touch screen, but I rarely use it as I rarely have a need.

Kia/Hyundai are redpilled cars. They are cheap and durable. Fors pickups are also redpilled. Will run or a long time if you care for them.

red pill car

>keeps going
>solid steel
>cheap parts
>economical for a 30 yr old car, still on par with alot of current sedans
>no gps tackers, no bluetooth
>rotor plug distributor
>carby-fed inline 6
>carry stuff in it, move house with it

True, it violates the very first rule of driving, no unnecessary distractions

What is that? Ford? We only have the Ranchero in Canada and it is rare as fuck

it's a fact, recent kia stinger blows anything german price, quality, power and equipment wise

Germans cars is a moron trap, If I buy one, I already have an engine to swap in like a cheap Honda C32 engine

Pic related was my XF back in 2010 until some scummy bogans stole it when I was at HMAS Cerberus

The most important thing you must know before buying a car is if you're able to do maintenance or fix it yourself. If the answer to that is no, do you have enough money to pay for a mechanic? If the answer is still no, you shouldn't buy the car.

I've got a 2011 E92 330D. Looks okay, it's good on fuel and it was cheap enough. It's out of warranty though, so its up to me to keep the fucker running from here on out.

Personally if I lived in an urban area I'd buy an electric bicycle and bypass all the registration, licensing and other bullshit. Cars are a money sink really.

Ford Falcon utility.

You're the scummy bogan for driving an XF in 2010.

Why are cars even legal?

Why should your life be at risk every time you leave from arseholes speeding by in these ugly 4 wheeled tin-canned monstrosities?

Why should you have to spend any time at all of your life standing by a roadside while these ugly, overrated, overpriced tin-canned monstrosities whizz by you?

It's your life. It's your time. Shouldn't you be able to walk wherever you want whenever you want without spending accumulated hours of your life standing by a road side while ugly tin cars driven by arseholes whizz by you?

Toyota-Lexus is the best if you plan to keep your car or truck for 5-10 years

My pals wouls call it a Mustang Ranchero or Mustang "El Camino" since wo don't have these. Australia has a nice choice of Fords and Holdens

Cars are the ultimate blue bill normie consumer item.

The Edward Bernays school of marketing did a great job on the car market. You have normies who can barely afford to live in a shitshack driving around in BMWs because they have leveraged themselves with debt multiples of their annual salary with a depreciating asset as security.

The normie craves a sense of meaning in life, and they have had their dopamine reward pathways calcified into associating brands and symbols with meaning. A car to a normie is not a means of transport, but a symbol of who they are as an individual - despite driving around in the same shit tier mass produced piece of metal as every other middle management cuck in their town.

The sale of a car now is merely a new way of inflitrating the life of normie to inject another dose of debt to tighten the shackles of their existence to the financial system. The normie drives around happily in their debt mobile content with the fact they have an exterior projection of success and status, while paying a massive premium and accumulating depreciation, until after 3 years they offload their debt mobile for a new one and start the cycle again. Title never passes to the normie, but the normie does not care. Shekels extracted from the normie as always and those that benefit reap the rewards.

sharing public transport with mudslimes and Nigs is a much better option

*rattle rattle*
fucking door handles broke again

Increased substantially along with performance and fuel economy, the body starts falling apart now before the engine or power train
>- Do car manufacturers implement planned obsolescence on car parts, and if so, to what extent? Are all those routine visits to repair shops really necessary?
No and no. People are fucking stupid and get scammed into fixing things that aren't broken or can't be bothered how to youtube simple maintenance.
Proof that the government is implementing planned obsolescence more than car makers. At this point retarded emission standards are holding back achieving even higher efficiency on cars while industrial vehicles still spew black smoke out their stacks.
>- What are objectively the best, most reliable and fairly priced car models and brands?
Toyota, honda, subaru.
Have you seen what a woman does behind the wheel in the morning?
>- Would you trust a car that has a central computer and can theoretically be hijacked? Remember the suspicious car accident that killed Jörg Haider?
No. Easy to steal.
Beige corolla.

Not everyone lives in the middle of London town, you prancing poofter.

It was my first car cunt, fuck off. Pic related is my car now

I want to know why they stopped selling those in the US after the last El Camino

Cool car but why is there a participant from the Mardi Gras parade inside it?

Look at that fucking piece of shit. You should be glad it was stolen.

is that an EVO with paddle shifters?

Moron, what matters is the build itself, how he maintained and modded it, the model is just a shell
t. Stock Car builder

>it doesn't matter that my car is an ugly fucking montrosity that should result in a death sentence for being a tasteless piece of breathing garbage
Canadians are honestly bigger scum than Americans. Australians are not far behind.

You truly know nothing about cars. Well, I don't expect an Austrian to know anything or even have a car culture there.... Just funny you imply that car in monstrosity from here you are

Lifespan has increased slightly, but the buying public's tolerance for keeping a car has decreased.
Absolutely. Plastic parts on high load applications have no place on a critical drivetrain component.
People overdo service since they're not knowledgeable on cars. Lubrication tech has gotten good to the point where long service intervals aren't unheard of. Tires on the other hand don't last as long with increased vehicle weight and geometries focused on "safety" and comfort. That tends to scrub more compound on the pavement and drivers are complaining. Tire pressures on especially heavy vehicles are occasionally specified too low by OEM.
VAG cheated big-time. They had it coming.

Toyota/Lexus, Hyundai/Kia, Mazda, then Honda/Acura.
- Toyota Motor Co. has had a long track record for reliability for most of their lineup, even if they can be "boring" at times.
- Hyundai Automotive matches Honda, surpassing it slightly with better pricing. Their complete refresh of their lineup makes for some nice cars. Interior quality needs to be improved though. They're using cheap adhesives and it's causing some trim pieces to bubble up, which will be covered under warranty but still, that should have been fixed in R&D.
- Mazda comes up with some clever ways to stay competitive and may be the first to introduce HCCI to their lineup. They're not as fancy but they make up for it in their sportier rides. So long as they're not neglected, they'll always start with the turn of a key and will take 200,000 hard driven miles.
- Honda Motor Co. is treading on thin ice by outsourcing transmissions, especially that bullshit ZF 9-speed. If they can fix their gearbox woes, then they'll be back on track to making reliable cars.
Absolutely. Driving is a very tactile experience and removing that feel in favor of aesthetics is just bad design.
Cars can be hijacked, especially now that they're mostly controlled over CAN bus and they're more sophisticated than ever. Semi-autonomous capabilities are the primary weak point and have few protections against intrusion. It should be assumed vehicles with autonomous capabilities are not suitable for transporting high profile persons.
Just get a car without infotainment.

OK, fag.

Nice argument, oh wait...

Ooh, the not-an-argument defense, the irrelevant redoubt of all faggots and queers.
>gets outbantered in a banterkrieg
>"n-n-n-not an argu-m-m-ment"

I have an 11 year old 328, nothing but regular maintenance and wear and tear. Still if you don't know a good mechanic besides the dealer you're in trouble money wise. I'll spend < $1000 a year on maintenance, between things like oil, breaks, tires, bearings, bushings, suspension, battery. 216k KM.Very happy with it.

>Has the lifespan of a new car increased or decreased in recent years?
Since the 90s, improvements have been made in automobile manufacturing so that cars can run practically forever. There may be some tendencies in the other direction like three valve motors which are supposed to be less reliable, but its minor
>Do car manufacturers implement planned obsolescence on car parts, and if so, to what extent? Are all those routine visits to repair shops really necessary?
I don't think so, but some cars may be intentionally hard to maintain, and some manufacturers have crazy expensive parts, so I would say that maintenance is kind of shady business.
>Is the VW scandal anything other than an attack on the German economy?
Hard to say. Fact is that cheated and VW fucked up.
>What are objectively the best, most reliable and fairly priced car models and brands?
There isn't much quality difference. People throw around breakdown statistics, but differences are minor. 1% vs 2% breakdown probability seems like "twice as unreliable", but in reality non-breakdown probability changes from 99 to 98%, which is nothing. The answer to your question would probably be the most cheap car.
Almost everything in cars is a safety risk.
>Would you trust a car that has a central computer and can theoretically be hijacked? Remember the suspicious car accident that killed Jörg Haider?
Not possible to make a statement on how emergent technologies will play out in practice. Best to not be an early adopter and stay on the sidelines for now.
>Is there a red pill on cars, and is it the Lada 4x4?
Cars and computers are masterpieces of human engineering, are endlessly fun and useful, and probably the best things you can buy for money

They have the engineers design the cars to be difficult to maintain. Necessitating the special tools, software, or excessivily hard practices for certain jobs.

Much if this has to do with the safety designs. Compact cars dont leave a lot of room. But a lot of it is very self serving.

working on a 1970s car vs working on a modern car is night and day. And there truly is no reason for the huge increase in complexity except greater backend profitability.

For example changing the thermostat on a car should be easy, (because it is required maintanance like brakes) but many manufactures now require massive amounts of dissasembly. Hours and hours of work, that a most layman will not do, and the dealership can charge a ton of money for. (Should be a 10 min job).

Or have special computer systems, or have parts only they manufacture. Again requiring specialized machines that costs thousands of dollars.

What it all comes down to is more hours in their company owned shops at 100 dollars an hour. More parts bought from their producer at excessive costs. And more trips to their mechanics because of proprietary software. (The other day i watched some guy pay $250 to program a key. Literally a 30 second job.)

If the system was fair and worked for the average person these practices would be made illegal and a right to maintain would be written into law.

Making standard accessible parts, software, and practices mandatory.

Even independant mechanics are complaining because of the specialty equipment necessary for modern car repair.

The government needs to function as a regulator of consumers. Making the job if consumption easy. When companies are allowed to make their product overly complex or incapable of self repair (particularly durable goods) purposefully to extract more money from their consumers it should be illegal. Its a form of fraud.

it even worse in "luxury" brands like bwm, Mercedes etc.. (the very late models Im referring to)

>Even independant mechanics are complaining because of the specialty equipment necessary for modern car repair.

Nissan is one of the few companies that i trust with cars. most other cars ive had even with maintenance turn to shit after a short amount of time.

That comment would have been a bit edgy 40 years ago. Today, it's common to not want a car. It's no longer a status symbol like it used to be. But it's still a highly utilitarian vehicle if there is a need for it. Some people just need a car, no matter how woke they are.

A little later today I'm going to change the oil and filter on my 1998 Toyota 4Runner.
It is within a few miles of 280,000 miles and I change oil every 5,000 miles.
I may change the spark plugs too since they're long overdue.

The most red pilled car is a pickup truck. Almost all pickup truck drivers are conservative white Christian men.

Almost all drivers of German cars are shitskins, Achmeds, Ching-Chongs, and Pajeets.

>Do car manufacturers implement planned obsolescence on car parts
Mild steel brake pipes.

I think a lot of BMW are leased these days, I read about 70% of them. Make sense if you want to live the false life, get a new one every few years. Your paying some serious money to just rent a car thou and a crap one at that! Give me a nissan v6 or v8 anyday

>pay lots of money for literal crap
Germany spreading it's scat fetish.

>I don't think that it is planned obsolescence
While main parts last almost forever in modern cars, all the use of plastics makes sure your car is as good as useless after 10 years since fixing it will cost a fortune in labor or a thumb.

>Honda, Toyota and Mazda
Honda and Toyota are overpriced garbage. They want fucking $40k for a Tacoma and you can't even buy a regular cab longbed anymore. Toyota is literally faggot tier today.

Nissan is objectively the best car manufacturer.

>Nissan is objectively the best car manufacturer.
You mean for the price? Because otherwise, I would throw Porsche into the ring.

valid point, but cars give you so much in return. the difference between walking through the rain to the next bus stop and standing there 15 minutes pissed off and sweating, vs a smooth ride in the AC cooled car is just worth the externalizes you mention.

bmws are lemons

mechanic says hondas and subarus last forever.

Ill give you the redpill about cars.

The modern car is faster more reliable and better than anything produced before the late 1980's. modern computers, timing chains, turbo technology, obd2 etc have made car engines pretty bulletproof and efficient.

Transmissions tend to be a bit dicey.

And lots of manufacturers (looking at you amerishits) produce substandard power per liter. I owned a jeep that i swear was blowing gasoline out the tailpipe.

Anyway modern cars are all fine. Porsches (911s) are the most fun to drive, volkswagen makes a great fun car. BMWs are okay, but even their modern M3s (2000's) are boring.

Truth is that for all the technological advancements, for all the great innovations and ease of use.

Nothing beats a 1973 porsche 914, or an 88 bmw 325i. A Cobra.

I drove a Boxster S. holy fuck what a tragedy. May as well hopped in a toyota corrolla. Mushy steering response, low power, total wind blockage. Shit supsenssion. What a piece of trash. And all those porsche faggots thinking they got a decent sports car. Lmao. The new 911s are nice though.

The modern car is to detached. Theres no soul to them. They have to be connected to the driver. You need to feel the pulse of the engine, feel the gears, have the wind in your hair. The whine of the transmission through the shifter. I want the thunder of rhe engine in the stearing wheel, the pulse of the car in the seat. I want to feel it.

Drive a bentley drive a mercedes same as a corrolla car wise. A bit quiter, but essentially the same. A bit faster but who cares at 65 mph?

I dont want to go a zillion miles per hour, or have some shitty in dash console. I dont give fuck all about it. I want it anolog, and dirty, and fixable.

I cant afford a GT3. Or a 911. I cant afford anything really, but why would I want to honestly. You cant drive a GT3 on the street. Im not into status symbols. But I have driven them all. They are just transporters A-B. May as well buy a fucking corolla.

>Porsche
Paddle shifters are for nonbinary pansexual millenial queermos. You cant even buy a German car with a manual transmission anymore.

Hans, this will take a while, so before I start, let me just do this one thing:
No

Most things are covered nicely in this post So, let's add what I can tell you
Lifespan:
The engines themselves have ever-increasing warranty periods. The engineers are really fucking confident in their crankshafts, but the legal department is about as bad as the international jew - the barebones engine will last a decade, but the turbocharger and the anti-emission and anti-guzzling devices are going to die in 3, and their replacement on new (Euro) cars costs as much as a GM crate engine

Hidden timebombs:
Dead turbochargers on 1.0L three-cyls are regular occurrences at my local mechanic's shop

Scandal:
Merc is deep in shit too, but not as deep in shit as Japanese Kobe steel. Trust was destroyed forever. Probably the only brand with any trust left to its name is the North American Chevrolet. Unironically.

Best, etc.:
Hard to say. Lada Grantas are solid, but primitive and brutal. Kias have mixed steel-aluminum suspension, doesn't last long

Central computer:
Regular reason why Citroens turn off in the middle of the Autobahn. The computers develop defects relatively quickly and literally turn the car off while doing 130 kmh

Redpill:
Depends on where you live. The Lada 4x4 is not a redpill when you live next to a highway, but it is indestructible for a forester.

Nissan is the worst brand ive run into.

But cars like range rover, ferrarri, etc. have always been impossible.

The german cars I can work on as a diy mechanic, the parts cost a bit more but are accessible. The software being innaccesable pisses me off though.

OBD2 is only so useful, and is honeslty outdated.

They need a uniform software package for all cars that has increased functionality.

>cut costs on things that really matter
>add lots of expensive aesthetic shit you don't really need

the state of pretty much everything today. the best vehicle i've owned is a 30 year old volvo and i still use it as my daily to this day

Nissan..... LMAO. Good luck....

Their designs are subpar, and their maintanence is idiotic. Bad engineering, bad parts, propietary parts.

Nissan is the japanese version of chrysler. (Dont ever buy a nissan kids).

Most of those questions are irrelevant as the average person who buys a new car won't own it for more than 4 years (because they can afford it).

>Would you trust a car that has a central computer and can theoretically be hijacked? Remember the suspicious car accident that killed Jörg Haider?
If glow-in-the-dark niggers want to kill you, they'll just Seth Rich your ass.

Nissans are total shit. Are you some kind of shill?

>You get what you pay for.
This is the least informative post possible.

Most people lease now. Manufacturers know this. Lease prices are lower when cars depreciate slower. Most manufacturers are pretty good at paying this game now and actually try to make their vehicles last longer.
I see a major issue coming in 7 years thanks to the trend of 4cyl turbo engines. 125k miles is probably a difficult milestone for them. I hope everyone remembers that Obama actually caused this trend.

Far too true.

The plastics and little compinents really start breaking down after 10-15 years and you end up with minor problems constantly that are expensive to fix.

>You cant even buy a German car with a manual transmission anymore.
I don't know about the American market, but in Germany, there are more configurations with manual transmission available than with automatic. The difference here is that automatic is more expensive.

My god, how much of a small shriveled penis little pathetic man would you have to be to buy one of these compensators lmao

Mine came with a gas card.

t. Prius owner who doesn't have a boat

Mazda is the most redpilled car

No digi shifter
Still sell manuals
Best awd system
Lightweight
Naturally aspirated
One steering and throttle setting
Steering feel

Reminder that the only reason why Toyota is the most reliable is because they literally never change their cars mechanics, just the sheet metal. The canyon/Colorado beat the new Tacoma in reliability

>manual cars that electronically nanny your shifts and clutchwork and with electronic brakes that don't allow you to back up safely and smoothly
Hans, your manuals are basically automatics anyway. The electronic intervention even makes your cars dangerous when they suddenly react completely differently to input than they should if the car accepted your input 1:1

>I don't know about the American market, but in Germany, there are more configurations with manual transmission available than with automatic.
Check again, Mustafa.

t. working-class peon

I've got a ford SUV from 2008 and it still runs like a dream. Most people don't know how to properly care for their cars

Fuck off. I'm not the one living in a country where manual transmission doesn't seem to be worth selling anymore.

>Most people don't know how to properly care for their cars
Where can one learn to do so?

cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCall.do?rt=1520692968&screen=1536x864&userID=DE&lang=de&PARAM=parameter_internet_de&ORDERTYPE=991110&MODELYEAR=2018&hookURL=https://www.porsche.com/germany/modelstart/all/

Manual transmission is literally standard equipment

>where manual transmission was never worth selling
Hanz, his country at least doesn't pretend to like and supply manual transmissions. Fuck off. aluminum-suspension'd Kias that dissolve in salty snow are less shitty for car enthusiasts than your products

German cars are over-engineered. They try to increase engine's hp/weight ratio and fuel efficiency at the cost of reliability. Add to this stupid european eco-norms and you'll get LA CREATURA. Sad!

>2008..... woah mate how did you keep it running so long!!!!!!

Is this retard serious?

>on a sports car with a price tag of a literal 100k Euromark, which still gets BTFO'd by a Chevy costing 50k. On home turf
Hans, go back to sucking West African Cock, while your whore of a girlfriend takes double BBC in her stretched-out cunt. You know nothing of cars, engineering, or car culture. When a local producer threatens to dethrone you, you opt to burn his factory down and buy his car plans once he's broke. Fuck you

>tfw had to move to Londonistan for work and couldn't take car
>tfw have to take the tube with niggers and pakis everyday instead of the leisurely drive to work I used to enjoy
Goddamn I miss my MX5

>you in charge of reading

You sound like you have a pronounced personality defect and low intelligence.

>They try to increase engine's hp/weight ratio and fuel efficiency at the cost of reliability.
Not everyone wants to own and drive just one single car all their life.

>non-arguments
Come back when you pull 200 PS out of an NA with 2.0 liters or less, and when you can take a perpendicular corner at 50 km/h without electronic stability control having to clamp the rotors for dear life

Michael Hastings.

Cars have increasingly become sealed utensils with the attitude you just replace parts or the whole unit if it breaks.

You physically cannot work on mew cars on your driveway any more.

You'd be surprised how poorly conditioned alot of people have their cars in after ten years

You're cute. Swear and insult like a motherfucker, then cry about having expected arguments.