Is Medieval MMA the most redpilled sport?

Is Medieval MMA the most redpilled sport?

youtube.com/watch?v=VlCQ2pBob5Q

youtube.com/watch?v=IkDDBL7jNew

youtube.com/watch?v=QhF1i23vwps

youtube.com/watch?v=uGlDFrrZFrE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VlCQ2pBob5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bhcHNR-3R0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=KvertGZkwF4
youtube.com/watch?v=FWWpzXOuk_s
medieval-life-and-times.info/medieval-swords-and-armor/bastard-sword.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Ueq2FLx6TsU
dailymotion.com/video/x1wefe
thearma.org/essays/2HGS.html#.WqPvOGrwbcs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No you're homo

finland why

I would watch the shit out of that.

We should see some modern melee combat armour take the field though instead of recreations.

we now have come full circle again, people basically watch gladiators again, just with a bit less blood.

Yeah, buhurt and HMB are pretty fun. I would kill to be able to do it in an air-conditioned place though, because all my gear gets soaked in sweat after five minutes of doing that shit outside.

We already have wrestling

Ever since I was a kid all I’ve ever wanted was actual gladiator fights I know we’ll have them eventually I’ve always maintained that it would be much better to send death row inmates out that way too. I’m not even an ancap i just want my goddman blood sports fuck.

This is the best sport ever made.

WHo could have guessed it would be so boring? fuck.

Yes but not when Americans do it

>He’s this afraid of the bud knight

isnt the axe a little too much?

Jesus H. Christ it's almost too brutal to even watch
>yfw kingdom come deliverance doesn't even paint an accurate picture of just how violently European nations warred
Imagine being one of those guys in that armor with sword and shield staring down your sworn enemy and knowing only one of you will be able to go back to their hometown and see all the beautiful things they love. How the fuck were our ancestors so hard core, for fucks sake.

Yeah sure

Yeah, our ancestors were pretty fucking harcore.
Have you heard the story of how spain found out about the english quarterstaff?
>spaniards capture a lone englishman foraging for food for his landing party
>at his trial, they asked if he thought spanish soldiers would do well in english landing parties
>says that he would of btfo any spanish, as would any of his country men, even when armed with a simple staff
>they take the head from a halberd to give him a staff, and ask how many men he would be willing to fight
>"Any number under six"
>they make him fight three men at once, all champion fighters
>he kills one, breaks the hands of another, and disarms the third without getting touched
They were so impressed they granted him safe passage back to england.

yes

Most history you have

>youtube.com/watch?v=VlCQ2pBob5Q
Pounding his helmet with the shield. Hello brain damage.

Is this how real sword fights looked like before though? Even if the swords where sharp the chance that they penetrate the armor would be really small.

Looks gay as fuck.Put the amor down gladiator-style.

did ancient warriors really fight like that
cuz they look like armored pussies

Chad

>my mind is poisoned by Hollywood and animu

yes fighting is just like that.

Idk but instead of a swords I would like a mace more if the other guy is in armor

what are you, gay?

The only homo here is you.
Never seen this before but it looks awesome.

heck yeah
nothing like forcibly peircing another man with your 1/12’ giant metal stick.

In medieval sword fighting the winner was who gave his opponent a bleeding wound but other than that yeah. You do unpleasant things to the other guy until he falls over and in a real fight you'd then pull a rondel dagger and drive it through his mail between the plates.

Why didn't they have any sword fighting skills? Why didn't they have proper stance? It seems like those are just amateurs with equipments while fighting and standing like MMA.

>even the ref is wearing armor
Maximum kek.

This is amazing

Looks tits

that pic is a mockery of medieval martial arts

i thought russia was the bomb at medieval mma
never heard of slovenia

When will we see ultra greatswords being introduced?

Bong claiming long history, only to give it all away. Sad.

When people start using weapons intended for anti pike warfare in one on one.

Look up hema Swordfish on youtube. Much more interesting without the LARP.

I can see it now
>outnumbered 10 to 1, the reserve greatsword wielder is left to face the pike force which has previously toppled the amerimutt team

What the fuck is this?

>Idk but instead of a swords I would like a mace more if the other guy is in armor
Maces are banned for that very reason, blunt weapons bypass the armor

>no technique
>just smash
It look like slav brawl after night of drinking.

the knights of the white castle have a weight advantage.

remember WW2? You're welcome.

Vikangz didn't use armor like that.
They simply cleaved the opponent in two with a greatsword

Younger country has less history? Yup, and socks go on feet

What about jousting?
youtube.com/watch?v=bhcHNR-3R0Q

Too many obese faggot dweebs though...

vikings used axes

kek

Forward, to glory!

No its larping.

They hold sword fights at Golden Temple in India all the time
youtube.com/watch?v=KvertGZkwF4

Vikings had chainmail which does stop a sword pretty well unless it's rammed down into the guy while he lies in the ground. Greatswords came much later.

No they didn't, these guys are just bashing each other in hopes of knocking the other guy out.

That's correct. They used 25lb greatswords.

that'll come next

sorry meant for him:

It appears as though they appeared in the 15th century, but the Vikings still had battles back then, like in the Dano-Swedish war

'Kay I'm drunker than I thought
Him:

indeed

Are the swords fake ? i mean, isn't this dangerous ?

Real swords, but blunt.
Same as tournaments of old.

>literal larping

Those "vikings" probably had plate armor at that point. People were rarely cut in half.

Axe's are not that much dangerous againt aroumr. Notice that it is wide blade axe in ever case. Normal battle axes have norrow blades to pierce armours so they are not used in sport fights jus like other anti armour weapons.

It may have happened, the Zweihander is fabled to have decapitated 7 men in one stoke

In Polish, melee weapons are called broń biała (white weapons). Coincident, I dont think so.

Because thats how real firgt looks like contrary to hollywood meme.

Yeah. Swung by an executioner against unarmored criminals.
The only fights were people were actually cut in two were extremely uneven. Butchering revolting peasants they occasionally chopped one through.
Same with Katanas btw

Poor vikings used axes sized for either single or double-handed use.
Wealthy vikings used swords suitable for use with one hand.
Spears were regularly used by vikings in formation fighting.

>25lb greatswords
No one in history was ever stupid enough to try to wield a sword weighing 25 lbs.

Well,wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=FWWpzXOuk_s

medieval-life-and-times.info/medieval-swords-and-armor/bastard-sword.htm
>The fighting power of one knight was equal to that of 10 ordinary soldiers
Only 200 years after the Viking age ended the Long-Sword was developed, this quickly transitioned to the bastard sword, this sword easily rend these foot soldiers.
How about a 12 lb greatsword?

pure autism

Most swords weighed less than 4 pounds, even the large two-handed varieties. The only examples of swords weighing anywhere near 10 pounds are parade weapons. Parade weapons are large, decorative weapons designed to be carried in, well, parades.

I like motorsport above all other forms

Could a six pound weapon be used to destroy stuff with without damaging one's own body?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ueq2FLx6TsU

Perhaps even for battle?

>The fighting power of one knight was equal to that of 10 ordinary soldiers
That doesn't mean he'd slay 10. It means he could keep 10 busy mostly because he was covered head to toe in near impenetrable armor.
>this sword easily rend these foot soldiers.
That's simply untrue unless these footsoldiers didn't have any armor. Also knights usually continued to use longswords and why would a bastard sword cut better than its larger cousin?

Same.
>Tries this motorsport-vidya
>First vidya in ages
>Pic related
>Literally goy

Nope. F1 looks interesting though this season. Halo can get into the oven with the Juden though.

The Bastard sword is faster, therefore it could could through the foot soldiers whom could not afford armor, or had weak/previously damaged armor.

Seems people had a bit more honour back then.

They look like they're made of metal but they're wearing full plate armor too so it's not like it's going to slice them open but if you got hit in the head it would suck.

I'm a WRC lad myself. Glad Toyota is back in the fray desu.

I would assume so, but the only historic weapons I know of which would start to get into that weight range would be pole arms.
Even a halberd (a 6-foot pole with an axe on the end of it) only weighs a little bit more than a typical shovel we would use today.

It's crap.

>regular mma with junk in their hands they're not using properly and steel armor
>went to takedown and punching in 20 seconds like a regular mma
>swords, axes, and maces were designed to get through armor in various ways..ending the fight quickly in a lost limb or smashed brain
>broadsword heavy enough to slice through shitty light metals or joints
>spiked mace to puncture, on a chain sometimes for more momentum = force
>rapier to slide in between armor joints, piercing through necks, hearts, limbs therein

The people in the videos are barely swinging weapons generally with the blunt ends of already blunted metal. They are not laying into the other guy's weak points full force or there would be arms and legs lying on the ground.

Bottom line: if I'm going to watch a fake fight anyway I'd prefer to watch a choreographed movie or even a pro wrestling soap opera. A real fight with medieval weapons wouldn't last long and could only be done once for the loser and sometimes once for the winner as well.

What's next? English longbow MMA? Crossbow? Black powder bayonet MMA? AR-15 MMA?

How far can we take a concept of pretending to use deadly weapons?

no it's fucking stupid, it's basically wrestling-tier

A lighter sword makes swings weaker not stronger and real life isn't a video game you don't loose damage resistance when your armor is damaged. Either it stops the blow then it will also stop the next or it's penetrated then you're fucked.

I'm sure after a long battle or possessing an innate lack of funds allows some to have armor on the brink of being penetrated and the bastard sword would be capable of doing just that.

>sword fighting isn't anything like I thought it was?! I hate it now!

indeed

dailymotion.com/video/x1wefe

note: It's great in the sense that it tries to bring history to life -> makes tradition "cool"

finns are like 90s whites in america

"never overlay thy selfe with a heavy weapon, for nimblenesse of bodie,
and nimblenesse of weapon are two chief helpes for thy advantage"
- Joseph Swetnam, 1617
The Schoole of the Noble and Worthy Science of Defence
I am not disagreeing with this statement, however, the average great sword, measuring 60-70 in/150-175 cm overall, it was not as hefty as it looked, weighing something of the order of 5-8 lbs/2.3-3.6 kg.
thearma.org/essays/2HGS.html#.WqPvOGrwbcs
So technically a 7 lb greatsword could be used, perhaps, with improved armor, even in one of these very Medieval Tournaments.

Why aren't you faggots doing HEMA like men?