What's with all these Ranma 1/2 threads?

I don't remember Ranma 1/2 having a particularly large fandom nor is the protagonist a worthwhile complex and interesting hero to talk about like Naruto , Araragi or Hatchiman. So what gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_WyaysYQoFI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BUILD

THE

WALL

Ranma does not give a fuck. He just doesn't. Cats are the only things that faze him and even that just turns the motherfucker into super catman.

tl:dr, he a cutie me want his booty

>a worthwhile complex and interesting hero to talk about like Naruto

Please tell me that this bait and nobody actually thinks like this

>I don't remember Ranma 1/2 having a particularly large fandom

Newfag confirmed.

Ranma 1/2 s fandom is miniscule compared to that of something like Naruto or even Boruto and Bleach.

It's a backlog season, so anons talk about old shit.

what are you talking about
>nor is the protagonist a worthwhile complex and interesting hero to talk about like Naruto
nevermind, (you)

Ah thought as much. No wonder people dug through old garbage to find this.

>Naruto
>complex and interesting

> I don't remember Ranma 1/2 having a particularly large fandom
How new to the internet are you? Not to Sup Forums, the internet.

> nor is the protagonist a worthwhile complex and interesting hero to talk about like Naruto
> Naruto
Really?

>names the three of the most popular anime of all time
What the fuck do they have to with anything?

There were loads of fans back in the 90s, comparable to the most popular shows at the time. Perhaps they just came out of the woodwork.

Stop making all the threads, OP.

Popularity is relative. Ranma 1/2 was popular among practically all US anime fans at a time when the only way to watch anime was buying it, going to a sponsored anime club, or mail-ordering VHS fansubs. No shit it wasn't as popular.

Someone brings up an old anime, a few people get inspired to watch it, and then those people post about it over the next few weeks, getting more people to watch it, and this snowballs for a while.

Who will win?

To from one of the last threads, pic related.

It's Granny's birthday a few days ago. We also got an uptick of Urusei Yatsura and Inuyasha threads.

Fuck all the shows and characters previously mentioned. The real shit is chars like Reinhard or gintoki that have some real depth.

There is no possible interpretation of the OP's post that doesn't make them a faggot

OP Ranma 1/2 produced the cute tsundere couple that all your lame "B-b-baka" stuttering moeblobs and personaliless self inserts wish they could be.

End of year ranma rewatch newfriendo

This is just a mock-up, right? I know there was a SNES ranma fighter, but I never played it, so I wondered if this might be some doujin tribute game

Is this-

> a worthwhile complex and interesting hero to talk about like Naruto
Ah, yes, it is bait after all.

so who killed Dr. Tofu
he just stopped showing up

I don't remember all the names that well. Is Dr. Tofu the one who wanted to fuck the oldest sister?

>Bee Haifun Baka!
>Bee Baka!

youtube.com/watch?v=_WyaysYQoFI

It's fanart yes.

Kasumi held his hand once and he died of a heart attack.

spics

Ranma and Akane didn't even get together, what are you talking about?

Newfag who hasn't read the manga confirmed.

Ranma and Akane basically *are* together in the last third or so of the manga. They go on dates, actually do things with their relationship, and clearly dig each other.

They don't get *married* at the end, but hey, we know they will someday thanks to the chapter where they put their names on a set of magic bamboo that will guarantee a couple who does so gets married.

Do you have examples of them going on dates and them clearly digging each other?

At the end of the "Nabiki Fiancee" Arc Akane brings up a "making up" date and, well, Ranma gives her flowers and they agree to go. Not to mention all the festivals they go to.

And later during the "Bust Battle" arc Ranma thinks that Akane wants to make up for their argument by pulling him into a closet and making out/having sex.

Examples? Ranma literally tells Akane that he loves her in the last volume lol

But he had a PANIC ATTACK! That's so relatable to all those eight year olds who read it!

That was in his head.

No you see Ranma being absurdly possessive of Akane, getting super jealous if another guy so much as looks at her, becomes super miserable if separated from her for any long period of time and had a mental breakdown when he thought she was dead clearly means nothing because he said she was "uncute."

What? Need to check that chapter again lol

Baasssically it's implied that Ranma screamed it mentally and his thoughts reached out and pulled Akane back from the afterlife.

Yeah fuck. I forgot that little detail. Whatever they were about to get married in the end so.

There are a lot of fans of older series here, they just don't comment about it as much because the opportunity doesn't arise as much. Ranma is one of those series. It was the first manga I ever read and is still one of my favorites. There aren't as many fans of it as newer series because anime is much less niche, much more easily accessible, and has many more options than back then. I'd imagine it takes a while for Narutards to even consider watching a 4:3 anime from the late 80s and early 90s.

Mostly because Ranma actually has a personality, rather than being a void of slightly perverted beta male-ness for viewers to self-insert into like later harems.

Akane's legitimately likeable too, I don't get all the hate she gets here

>I don't get all the hate she gets here

Anime flanderization, old fanfiction doing this further, and memes.

She was better before her hair got cut.

>uncute
NANDESUTEEEE?!

Is she still the richest woman in japan

>protagonist a worthwhile complex and interesting hero to talk about
Ranma isn't a DEEP character, but he's got a fuck ton more going on than main characters of today.

For one, he's not just some bland piece to introduce the girls, and we actually call him BY HIS FUCKING NAME INSTEAD OF "MC"

>Akane's legitimately likeable too, I don't get all the hate she gets here
Shampoos

But how does Ranma compare to Inuyasha or Ataru?

Ataru is a much more flawed character than Ranma.

Like, Ranma will generally try and do the right thing unless his ego's triggered. Ataru's good side is buried deep and most of the time he's just an utterly garbage human being.

Inuyasha's a bit different because he's not meant to be a Comedy protaganist. So he has serious anger issues and trauma in ways Ranma and Ataru do not.

One thing about Ranma is that he doesn't just attract women because he's "nice."

Akane and Shampoo are first introduced to Ranma, and the vector they both fall in love with him, is due to social obligations saying they *should* be interested in him. While Shampoo falls hard it takes a bit longer for Akane to get into it.

Kodachi is just kind of crazy, and it's hard to tell how much she really loves him and how much is it her just being a troll for fun.

Ukyo's kind of interesting in that she starts as a victim of Genma, but is also kind of bipolar so the moment Ranma's nice to her she jumps at the chance to try and marry him.

Isn't Ukyo an alright fit for Ranma considering she's the most stable of the harem next to Akane?

No,

Ukyo is actually the most *unstable* of the girls interested in Ranma.

Like, Akane has a temper but her temper is rarely not provoked, and once she says her piece she'll usually calm down and it's like the entire problem is forgotten.

Shampoo is not unstable in the slightest. She's cunning and calculated. Any violence she does, she does for a purpose. Shampoo is simply amoral and willing to do what she feels is necessary to get what she wants.

Kodachi, like I mentioned, is honestly more like her father in that a lot of her lunacy is more to have fun and screw with people.

Ukyo, however, she went from hating Ranma to loving him in the time it took for him to call him a "cute girl." She's the first to jump to serious retaliatory violence, and has no problem using physical or emotional force on Ranma.

>we actually call him BY HIS FUCKING NAME INSTEAD OF "MC"
What does that have to do with anything? I call plenty of interesting/unique characters by "MC," and plenty of dull characters by their names. It's got very little to do with the characters and more to do with context.