GitS: Stand Alone Complex

How did they fuck up so badly?

Didn't you make this thread a few days ago?

Don't you have anything better to do then remake shitty threads on Sup Forums

Stand Alone Complex is actually the best installment of the franchise if you take off your nostalgia goggles for the movie.

How did they fuck up? I liked how they were able to flesh out the world more than they did in the movie

Are you from the future where Stand Alone Complex S3 is out and it sucks compared to the first two seasons and movie?

are you trolling?
GITS: SAC is one of the best anime series ever made. it treats the viewers as adults, with it's political and philosophical challenging ideas. I also love the 95 movie.
Planetes gave me a similar expierence, both damn good shows.

different question here, I am currently watching death note for the first time, and I am still not sure why the series is so well received. the story is weird as fuck and unworldly

Do you even take a potato chip and eat it? Keikaku doori.

my question is, I am currently 17ep in, is the second half of the series good? imdb ratings of the later ep are all strangely low

No pretty much everyone who has seen it agrees that the 2nd half is worse

Bullshit, SAC is good though.

That depends entirely on whether or not you can swim.

I can swim

Then no.

I dare say the only good one even

Tachikoma is cute as fuck

can you elaborate?

please

This is only semi-related to the OP but is Ghost in the Shell 2 any good?

It's my favorite, unpopular opinion tho

You mean Innocence? It's the best animated GITS.

SAC has tachikoma so it's automatically the best version of GitS

Absolutely

SAC is easily the best thing in all of GitS.
Solid State Society is pretty mediocre though.

>Torukia blasting with this title card
Why is the soundtrack so damn good

That's sequels for you.

I thought DN was ok. The end was absolute shit, though. Light went full retard and scared little bitch. He should have just been outsmarted and been approached by the Shinigami and said, "Ryuk.... It's been fun."

Then epic death scene. Sometimes I wonder if the writers of Japanese stories just change character arc randomly to piss people off.

I don't think it explores as many interesting concepts as the first film but the action choreography and animation are incredible enough on their own to make it a worthwhile watch

SAC is one of the greatest things anime has to offer, is this thread a low attempt to bait?