People are hyped by this shit

>people are hyped by this shit
>watch it
>Goku matches Jiren for a couple of minutes then runs out of power

I don't get it.

Goku was holding back

If anyone was holding back, it's Ayy LMAO.

dragon ball ended in 1995

this shit is non canon

shounen is the greatest genre in the world. It's why people go watch capeshit at the movies and they break box office records.

when you understand mainstream taste, then you will know why people get hyped.

Goku got an insane power up and it only allowed him to BARELY MATCH his opponent, and then his power up ran out.
It's never happened like this before. Whenever Goku does a power up it puts him way above his opponent even if only temporary, but not this time

And now I have to denigrate those evil repeating numerals I got by mentioning the fact that I forgot about the the first SSG power up fighting Beerus, but the same kind of hype surrounded Beerus then too for the same reason.

this.

It actually did much more than allow him to "barely match" Jiren. He was adapting very rapidly, each attack doing more and more. If he weren't drained from the previous fight, he may have been able to continue on and keep adapting and getting better and better.

Also, remember, he hit Jiren a total of 3 times, and was hit by Jiren a total of 0 times until he completely ran out of power.

Jiren was holding back

Other user is right, he was fighting in earnest. If he was actually holding back, Goku probably might've won or at least done more damage. Plus, he was basically ordered to knock Goku out of the tournament so why would he hold back?

Goku is shit Vegeta is the best.

Jiren pulled a Mayweather vs. McGregor on Goku.

>fighting in earnest
>barely scratched and hasn't used up his power when it's over

> Vermoud tells him to crush Goku
> Jiren actually signals to Toppo, that "this is not an opponent you can take"
> Whis notes how Goku's adapting to Jiren
> UI Goku - Jiren punch out ends with 3-0

Why are we talking as if Jiren won't suddenly have a Super Ayy Lmao transformation. Name one arc boss Goku faced that didn't have some transformation

>3-0
>Goku gets BTFO afterwards because he ran out of steam like in another certain fight

Fuck outta here, you Goku dickrider.

>I don't get it.
You don't "get it" because you're a grognard, like most of Sup Forums. You need something to criticize, downplay etc. to create an artificial sense of superiority. People were hyped because

>Jiren has been built up for over half a year (with Toppo's debut, he matched SSB Goku but implied his friend Jiren was so strong, Toppo was nothing compared to him)
>The Universe Survival Tournament has been built up as well, and from the very start it has been clear that Jiren was the strongest... yet he just stood around doing nothing
>Hour long fight
>Solid, fluent and beautiful animation far above the QUALITY we're used to from Super
>Watching Jiren ignore every progressive stage of Goku's power until Goku finally manages to graze him is pretty exciting
>Our Guy Jiren still standing victorious, showing everyone how much of a fucking beast he is
>UI is a welcome change from the recolor transformation fest
It's very good for what it is: a shonen fight. If all fights in Super were like this, Dragonball could reclaim its throne as the indisputable king of battle shonen.

>It actually did much more than allow him to "barely match" Jiren. He was adapting very rapidly, each attack doing more and more.
Jiren wiped the floor with him though. Goku only managed to graze his cheek once, and knee him in the stomach after that. He was getting better, but nowhere near the point where he could hope to match Jiren. Compare Toppo vs Goku (in the preliminary rounds) for example, that's a match where both sides were actually quite matched to eachother.

the thing about it is, goku is still not a match for power vs jiren. he only was gaining on him because of UI. jiren doesn't have UI, he's just a guy that's as powerful as god of destruction. once goku builds his ki back up and faces him again, it wont be as simple as just fighting him head on and winning. it's even more likely that he will lose again

>why would he hold back?
Same reason Goku always does it and the same reason he let Goku build up the spirit bomb. As mentioned in the episode by the exposition squad martial artists live to test themselves against their opponents.

I'm really starting to hate Dragon Ball now. I'm tired of the same old template of villain of the season + yet another transformation

From the fight it looked to me like Jiren figured out mastery of self movement a long time ago.

>not a villain
>not another transformation
I think you're just tired of Dragon Ball.

STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE! STOP HAVING FUN!

Toriyama is a fucking hack:
>Toriyama gives SSGSS shitty blue hair
because
>even tho white hair would be cooler, Zamas was planned to have white hair.

Then
>Toriyama gives Mystic Gohan a shitty aura
Because
>Even tho aura-less Gohan looks cooler , Goku was planned to have a similar form.

HOW CAN HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS???

WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE GOHAN'S TURN???

It is a transformation.

check how superior Jiren is

evading and dodging his attacks to the point of finding openings on Ultra Instinct Goku

Goku is the one who is pushed, not Jiren

Jiren is analyzing him

Goku fought very well, for someone who reached GoD levels for several minutes

but

Jiren was already at least on that level

for a long, long amount of time

Gohan El Grande destroys El gran padre and El Dios Zeno when he reachs his ultimate Gohan- Pelo Blanco

Gohan Blanco is alt-right meme for white power.

Jiren is comfirm stronger than GoD.

I miss the old DBZ where fights were actually longer than 2 minutes. If the animation was Mad House quality I'd be ok with it being 9 minutes or so, but this is ridiculous.

Because the rest of Super is just that bad, so this moment shined.

>same old template of villain of the season
Jiren isn't a villain. None of the Gods of Destruction are so far. Unless hinted at.

>what is BoG

>I miss the old DBZ where fights were actually longer than 2 minutes

No, no. Fuck that. That's the one thing Super is doing right. Not dragging out fights for multiple weeks so that in one episode nothing happens.

They only had to drag out fights because they added filler scenes in the middle of the episode.

These two minute fights are boring as shit, animated poorly and keep getting interrupted by talking.

if that was true, the gods would have mentioned it