Legend of the Galactic Heroes

What does Sup Forums think about the new art style and animation from the LOGH preview?

Are the character designs acceptable or do they suffer from too much sameface and being too bland compared to the original?

How about the new ship designs?

Do you think there's any chance the story lives up to the original despite the art style change?

Which other new character design do you look forward to seeing the most next? And why is it Reuenthal or Oberstein?

Also: GENERAL LOGH THREAD

I just hope they keep the classical music soundtrack.

have a look on an offsite archive OP

Is this going to be long enough to cover everything?

Left looks like shit. Right doesn't look so bad.

Very bland-looking. It's embarrassing the old series could manage more nuance in a person's face. Then again, if it bombs, we will still have the old series.

New designs literally look like Kuroku no Basket characters dressing up as LOGH characters.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite all-time anime, but I always wished they would have given the Empire a major Walkyrie pilot character to contrast Poplan. I like the look of the Imperial fighters more.

There's nothing to be kept. This is a new adaptation, it has nothing to do with the first one.

As flamboyant as the uniforms are in the current manga, at least some effort was put into designing them from scratch. I'm disappointed that they weren't more ambitious with the redesigns of this series. For all the talk about this being a new adaptation rather than a reboot, it sure looks a hell of a lot like the OVA.

I'm currently listening to the LOGH music compilation playlist on youtube.

(You)

>kuroko shit chara design
>CGI re-designed ships

It reeks of such fucking garbage I don't even

This shit was made for women who don't give a fuck about anything that old series is loved for

Is this new stuff or a remake?
Is wakamoto in?

wubstep
nothing but

>LOGH Definitive Top 15 Best Characters
Yang Wen-Li
Reinhard von Lohengramm
Oskar von Ruenthal
Paul von Oberstein
Dusty Attenborough
Walter von Schonkopf
Julian Mintz
Wolfgang Mittermeyer
Siegfried Kircheis
Fritz Josef Bittenfeld
August Samuel Wahlen
Olivier Poplin
Frederica Greenhill
Alexandre Bewcock
Alexander Cazelnes

Ok, let me rephrase if you're going to be pedantic.

I hope they use an all classical music soundtrack in the new series like they did in the old OVA as it added a lot to the feel and atmosphere of the series' grand scale.

>This shit was made for women
you mean like the way its always been?

New series looks like they gonna settle the whole war with a fucking basketball game

I always wondered why boarding parties like the Rosenritter used melee weapons more than blaster rifles. It makes sense when they use Seffle Particles, but when they don't, it makes no sense to charge in with a battle axe instead of using a rifle.

I can understand them not using pistols since they seem useless against the armor they wear and why if in a melee they would choose axes since they can cleave through said armor where other melee weapons would probably not do any damage. But I don't get why they don't carry laser blaster rifles as their primary weapons and axes as back-ups.

I didn't mean to be pedantic. I'm just saying that there's not much reason to expect them to use a classical music soundtrack. It would probably be better than any OST they can produce, but I wouldn't count on something like that from any modern anime.

Hope the disgusting new version under performs.

Is he the best Admiral in terms of battle tactics in the series aside from Yang, Reinhard and Kircheis?

That makes me wonder what kind of music they will go with. The classical sound of the OVA series is iconic and a major part of the show in a lot of ways. Best alternative to classical is if they can get someone like Yoko Kanno to compose and go with something like a jazz soundtrack -- I think that could be cool if done well.

Probably. Though now that I think about it, the FPA didn't have nearly as many good Admirals. They had Yang and Bewcock and Julian and that's about it. You could maybe stretch it and put Dusty there. But the Empire had Reinhard, Kircheis, Ruenthal, Mittermeyer, Wahlen, Mecklinger, Muller, Bittenfeld, Eisenach, etc...

they all have the same face. all the work that went into giving all the characters a unique hair style is gone.

>jazz soundtrack
Nah, it needs to be epic. The best they can do is getting somebody to compose some good epic orchestral music that doesn't sound like generic Hollywood soundtrack #3857. You know, some memorable themes, letimotifs all over the place, the whole Star Wars/Wagner ripoff shennanigans.

The worst possible scenario among the plausible ones is probably a J-rock-ish/gamey OST with a guitar solo playing every time one ship shoots at another. If you can imagine what I mean.

I hate that yang looks cool, it doesn't fit him I liked the juxtaposition that the older series had

But Yang was always cool...

I thought Yang's appeal was that he's just some guy that clearly doesn't want to be there. 0 intensity, like a Jackie Chan space general always shouting he don't want trabble before the smacks the shit out of the opposing forces with a ladder they didn't notice

he is cool, but he didnt look the part. he had messy hair and a lackadaisical attitude even at moments where his life danger that's what made him great.

He wasn't fucking batman, I watched the trailer and not only did he look hot he was so serious

OP by granrodeo

Here's the leaked picture of the new Iserlohn.

The hair thing bothers me the most. I honestly don't hate the new style but I do hate the way the hair looks.

Legend of the Galactic Jam