Gurren Lagann

Hahaha, they actually expect me to continue watching this after killing off the only cool character in the show and leaving me with a dweeb and a slut?

Yeah DROPPED

He's objectively the worst character in the series.

Who the hell do you think he is? His name is Kamina, Luminary of the Stars!

it finally gets good when he dies

slut not good enough for you?
gay

Kamina's death is the only good thing about him

Despite what the others here say, you're right user. Don't bother watching the rest of this show because it's only downhill here onwards.
"b-but the last fight is so epic!". Would you really eat a plate full of shit just so you could have a dessert that you don't even know if you'll like?

Pleb

>mad fags who are jealous of Kamina"s god tier personality that makes people respect him and get bitches wet

Instead of cramming up all tropes from other mecha anime that Imaishi could remember, they could've done something actually good like the first episodes.

Kamina is like Captain Falcon, All Might and all the other characters from that archetype: They're not the main lead, they're the support role. They're those typical "cool by default" characters, whose actions/fates will result in enhancing the MC's story in order to make him an even better, cooler character than the aforementioned chars.

That said, that archetype is grossly overrated, which ironically makes it serve its purpose even better for the MCs.

Simon was a shitty bland character though.
His "character development" consisted in becoming a poor man's Kamina.

Why do brainlets always say shit like this?

You mean
>the mc tries to emulate the cool character but stays pathetic and couldn't save his girl

Except that Simon completely and utterly surpasses Kamina in every ways possible by the end of the series. It's even shown when Kamina and him meet again and you see just how pale Kamina look in comparison to Simon now.

The first episodes are glorified stage setting so they don't have to explain shit later, entertaining exposition but exposition nonetheless. Gurren Lagann's strong point is not just the mechas, it's the characters, it's Simon's journey from meek kid to universal hero, it's Kittan's constant struggle behind the spotlight while still keeping the crew's spirits high, it's Yoko's constant kick in the balls by life which keeps taking everything that she desires from her the moment she gets it and still getting up to fight for her dreams, Nia going from weak princess with an expiration date to doing things on her terms, etc, etc. At it's heart, Gurren Lagann is a story about humanity's inner potential.

The mecha tropes are just homages, if that's all you took from Gurren Lagann you weren't actually watching it.

>doing things on her terms,

yeah DYING

>hown when Kamina and him meet again and you see just how pale Kamina look in comparison to Simon now.

Only because of the outfit, he literally spends the whole show trying to be like him but still hesitated on many decisions and ended up losing his shitty waifu

She's introduced after she's been left to die in a ditch because she wasn't useful to her father anymore, user. Deciding when and how she'll die shows her progress thru the entire series.

>Implying sluts can't be cool

ironically enough, Kamina is stated by the creators to have the weakest latent spiral power out of all of the characters.

Well said.

>Dropped the anime because worst character died

Go watch Otome where shitty characters get to flourish with the protection of trash-tier writing.

Killing off a character to flesh out your MC is literally childish tier writing user

Kamina's story was over, the characters just didn't know it yet. His fate was getting everyone together, not leading them to victory.

His death fleshed out everyone, not just Simon.

Forced Character Development: The Anime

Thats exactly what Simon amounts to.

Buzzwords: The user.

That's exactly what your post amounts to.

Pfft it blatantly changed simon the most since he had a actual character and personality change. He hardly changed the others. He was written like a plot device the whole time

Hardly changed the others? Kittan stopped being an obnoxious dick that wanted to be the leader and decided to be helpful in any way to the crew, Yoko had her mother instincts kick in and worked even harder for the crew to let Kamina's dream flourish, Viral started figuring out more about humanity after Kamina's death and his constant state of defeat vs humans made him figure out that the Spiral King was lying to them, even fucking Nia who never met him had development thanks to the crew's general state following Kamina's death. Hardly changed the others my ass.

>couldn't
wouldn't I think is the word here.

Right next ti nina and mr forehead

oh and yoko for her shit taste

astro bro was to good for this world

Gun/Diebuster is better
You know it's true, in your heart

But user, they revive him later

>he doesn't want to watch Simon go from dweeb to UNIVERSAL COOL GUY
What a fucking faggot.

Wtf, use the spoiler tag asshole.

>Simon completely and utterly surpasses Kamina in every ways possible by the end of the series

How do you figure that?

A dweeb and a moeblob, actually- the slut gets sidelined, too.

The point is that Kamina was careless and that Simon's level headedness balanced him out. Simon is the kind of person the show is saying we need, Kamina was weaker and didn't know when to stop. He was always relying on Simon to save him. They go over this explicitly in the show.

But the only good characters in the show are Kittan, Viral and Rossiu.

what about boota?

kinda makes sense, he doesn't truly "believe" in himself, he forces himself to.

meanwhile simon is all "if he says i can, then i can" which is a very roundabout way of going about it, and the reasonwhy at the beginning if kamina didn't tell him to, he was worth zero. when he goes from that to "i CAN and WILL", well, spiral power goes through the roof.

the dweep grows and become cooler than kamina also viral is still alive you know

Boota is ok I guess, it's a mascot character.

Look at this fag

No its not, and just because it's an archetype doesn't make it bad, especially when it was done so well with Kamina.

Yeah he did, Kamina started a fucking revolution, until then the humans were just holding their own to stay alive, Kamina actually did something and people followed.
I will admit though it's thanks to Simon's presence that Kamina pushes himself so far.

He relied on Simon because he held him back at times.
Kamina having Simon though was what gave Kamina strength.

Nigga was already a space god at the end. He couldve reanimated her like how lordgenome played with dna n shit, but he didnt

He's the worst amongst great characters

>ironic maymay the anime
>still makes you feel
a true masterpiece

This. Why so many people don't get something as simple as this, I have no idea.

guess who will be missing kittan's moment and galaxy being used as frisbee

This
Kamina was too overrated for just being a fodder.

>dweeb
You can't be serious.

I really liked Viral.

But there is clearly only one manly character. Boota. He ripped his ass off to feed Kamina and Simon.

How comes that TTGL was so good, while KlK was so bad? What went wrong?

KlK drank its own koolaid

But Kamina was so larger than life that you will still feel his presence after he's gone. I still can't believe he died in episode 8, I could have sworn he was around longer.

>you will never eat another man's ass for the good of humanity

They both gave the other strength, but Simon was the core of the team. He's the one with the true capabilities, he just didn't have enough confidence in himself. He needed someone like Kamina to be the leader so that Simon could focus on achieving the goal. Kamina believed in Simon, but without Simon, he wouldn't have gotten far. Meanwhile Simon still had room for tremendous growth.

>slut
>remains virgin until death

i wish gurren lagann had never gone to such insane levels. i liked it before, when it was just about a reckless crazy motherfucker who manages to bluff his way through fights in a post apocolyptic world. It always seemed like there was so much more to learn about kamina, so much shit for him to do. I thought at very least he'd make it to the moon for his dad.
I just liked the dipshit antics, but then kamina died and suddenly everything gets 10x more serious

Klk wasnt bad. Its just TTGL is way too good

I am not even comparing the two, it's clear that TTGL is a masterpiece and not many anime can hold a candle to it to begin with. KlK is simply trash.

His bullshit is the whole theme of the series though.
>fake confidence that leads to real confidence in others
>turning a fake thing into a real thing
>makes the impossible possible

I bet you were mad at your history teachers for spoiling you the contents of a local museum, faggot.

The virgin Kamina vs the Chad Spiral Menace

It was because they focused so much on fan service.

>with this drill of mine I will turn fake enjoyment into real one!

KLK had basically two or three scripts crammed together and Imaishi intentionally made it look like shit

>The virgin Simon vs the Chad Lordgenome

There's far more fanservice scenes in TTGL than KLK

It was mostly just Yoko though.

Best guy coming through!

;_; why would you do this user