Is Sup Forums as smart as an anime middle schooler?

Is Sup Forums as smart as an anime middle schooler?

Other urls found in this thread:

keio.edu/uploaded/2017_Regular_Entrance_Exams.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

p^enis

We're all middleschooler girls here, what do you think user-kun?

Homura was 22 when she did this, though.

Follows trivially from Fermat's Little Theorem or from Binomial Theorem.

(1+n)^p - n^p - 1
Add n and subtract n then rearrange to
= ((1+n)^p - (1+n)) - (n^p - n)
Apply Fermat's Little Theorem to both terms, so P divides both terms and thus P divides their difference.

Please never write a textbook.

>Please never write a textbook.
IDK it sounds right to me.
>It can easily be shown that...

It's not "wrong", but it can escalate into shit like pic related and it pisses me off (or sometimes just makes me laugh). If it's really that trivial, just write the two lines of trivial logic that led to the result. You barely lose anything and you make sure the reader is following along.

Just a joke man. It just reminded me of number theory or other maths where the textbook would say "it can easily be shown", but if you actually tried to work it out you'd be about 3 pages in before getting the result.

It's all fun and games until it shows up in one of your own books. Here's another one. Robbed these off a /sci/ ylyl though.

I guess not, never even got those on a test.
No wonder kids have stress.

WTF I'M DUMBER THAN AN ANIME MIDDLE SCHOOLER NOW.

In case anyone's curious what a REAL Japanese high school entrance exam looks like, here's one from the Keio Academy of New York, a school nips living in NYC can send their kids for a Japanese education.

keio.edu/uploaded/2017_Regular_Entrance_Exams.pdf

English starts from page 8.

What's the best book to download to get better at math with?

the one that is suitable for your current level in math

Being dumber than an anime middle schooler is the first step to becoming one.

According to my professor my current level is scary

>ask /sci/ and /wsr/ for help with math problems
>rarely get replies and sometimes it takes forever
Should I just disguise my future questions as anime problems and post on Sup Forums?

Yes, absolutely.

I gave a. a shot. No clue what U(.) is in this context.

Base case: n=3
a^2-1 = (a+1)(a-1). One of a+1 or a-1 must be divisible by 2 and the other must be divisible by 4 (easy to check), thus their product must be divisible by 8=2^3.

Suppose a^(2^(n-3)) ≡ 1 (mod 2^(n-1))

a^(2^(n-2)) - 1 = (a^(2^(n-3))-1)(a^(2^(n-3))+1)
By the induction hypothesis, 2^(n-1) divides (a^(2^(n-3))-1). Obviously 2 divides (a^(2^(n-3))+1). Thus 2^(n-1)*2 = 2^n divides their product and, by induction, you have your result.

Could be wrong who knows my basic algebra is slipping.

>Suppose a^(2^(n-3)) ≡ 1 (mod 2^(n-1))
Why do you choose n-1 rather than n+1 here?

no

If I chose n+1 then I'd have to prove it for n+2 and it's just a little more messy. Supposing n-1 is true then proving for n is usually what I do.

Holy shit, my mind just exploded. I love you user, no homo.

Proofs blow. Just let me actually learn to do linear algebra instead of memorizing 10 proofs per week.

>questions intentionally designed to be confusing and unintuitive rather than testing your knowledge of chemistry

Is this why asian people send their kids over here? I've never seen a shit question like that in any of my chemistry college courses.

No problem. Shot in the dark here but might your university's name start with a W? I remember my first year algebra course doing the same kind of stuff at around the same kind of time.

>that shit
>chemistry
Try "write down the right equation and solve for x".

Do you want correct answers or will any answer do?

This doesn't look like chemistry, its just algebra.

I'll leave the proof to you as an exercise

I got through high school without ever knowing what a prime number was.

The American education system is fucking trash.

It starts with a T. But this problem is from a third year course.

Correct is nice but anything is better than nothing.

No.

I'm pretty much the biggest idiot I know.

An integral part of every graduate level textbook.

>Proof: Think
Fucking books

A lot of chemistry is mathematics, user.

It's still worded in a very autistic and confusing matter for no reason at all. I'm a 3.76 GPA engineering student and I had to sit back and go "hm" for a moment there because of how autistic the question is.

>have two containers of differing molarity
>take out an equal amount of solution from both containers
>play musical containers and swap around solutions between the two containers for some fucking reason that would serve no purpose in an actual chemistry situation

Unrealistic word problems are for brainlets, they never actually relate to a situation that would ever happen in the real world. Some complicated algebra problems would measure a student's aptitude for mathematics way better than this shit would. Algebra is best learned through repetitive number crunching by folding equations 100000 times.

>3.76 only
Pathetic.

thanks

Bravo

This is for 10th grade, right?

>weighted 5.0 GPA instead of 4.0 Gpa

Disgusting. Just kidding. But my GPA would be higher if I didn't have to work simultaneously while going to school and if I wasn't a lazy piece of shit. I can't stand the non-mathematics classes and I struggled on calc 2 because it was the first serious class you had to sit your ass down and study for, which my lazy NEET ass wasn't ready for. I'll probably retake it to get my GPA back up later.

It's out of 4.3.
But I also fucked around in my first year or two before getting it together.

> I struggled on calc 2 because it was the first serious class you had to sit your ass down and study for, which my lazy NEET ass wasn't ready for.
It was advanced cal 1 for me. It really took me for a ride. And now Ad cal 2 is doing the same.

I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of this theorem which this reply is too small to contain. Thus this problem is left as an exercise for OP.

I'm not entirely sure how this is meant to answer my question. Are you implying that it couldn't be for 10th grade because the reading comp. is easy? Is this school not for nip expats whose kids mightn't speak perfect English?

Wait a minute... this isn't mathematics, this is anal sex!!!

>Proof: Think
I wonder what it's like to be an editor for math text books.

This one is easy as fuck

If it helps, the vast majority of people fail calculus 2 or end up with a low passing grade and end up retaking it again.

Integrals aren't easy to a lot of people. And even then you have to have the basics of trigonometry, algebra, and calc 1 all memorized since it uses a bit of everything.

It also depends on how harshly your prof will grade it. I'm lucky to have a good math prof who's ensures her students understand the material and goes the extra distance if you don't.

I don't know. There would have to be a lot of them to justify the school's existence.

T-the answer is C, D, and A, r-right? Questions that are really easy fuck me up because I get anxious.

I guess so. The maths portion of the exam didn't look as though it could be for any grade lower than 10th. But as an Ausfag I guess I wouldn't exactly have such a great perspective on what level one of the world's top education systems would function

It's just the English version being ambiguous. You don't even know if the replacement solution is the part you removed or if it comes from the containers after the first removal. The Japanese one makes it obvious that it's the former - they just swapped x grams from one with the other.

That makes sense. It doesn't help that word problems are my weakness a bit because I'm an autistic shit who excels at raw calculations but has a little trouble visualizing word problems without sketching them out.

It's more proving things, like integral properties, than actual math problems. I can integrate good enough but proofs kill me.

> I'm an autistic shit who excels at raw calculations
So you're a shitty, slower version of a calculator?

Show some respect, user: you can't fuck a calculator. At least that user has some holes you could fill up.

>you can't fuck a calculator
YOU can't fuck a calculator

>you can't fuck a calculator
Not with that attitude.

Never had this kind of stuff pop-up in my textbooks.
>tfw not as smart as a nipponise middleschooler.

N-no bully! I-I'm great at being an engineer, real world problems, programming, and shit. But if you gave me a book of word problems I'm not going to be able to be faster than the average person. I won't be worse than the average person, but still.

If I was a cute girl, my autism would be cute. Isn't it sad?

>real world problems aren't word problems

I gave this a shot. Not a math guy. Dunno how to proof it.

You use M1V1=M2V2 but it's complicated since te ending quantities are the same. 11% can only be diluted and 8% can only be concentrated, so they must meet at 9.5%. So you structure it

(150-x)(8) = (y-x)(9.5)
(120-x)(11) = (y-x)(9.5)

Distribute through and I got he subtracted -40 grams.

The fermat one I didn't get. Math seems less about intelligence and more about memorizing logical equalities and applying them correctly.

I'm autistic, user. They're literally the same thing but word problems in math books fuck me up while outside of that, in real situations, the very same types of problems come easy to me.

intelligence is simply pattern matching
in order to recognize a pattern (logical equality in this case), you must first know it

I have a hard time believing you are an employed as an engineer in any capacity with autism like that.

fuck math

Engineers are well known for being autistic.
That's why they get managed into submission.

if it was electrical engineering or aerospace engineering I wouldn't be surprised if that user was employed. those fields are filled with howard hughes motherfuckers who make forrest gump look like a normal human being

if it was something like civil engineering, then no way.

I got through highschool without ever memorizing the times tables

>11% can only be diluted and 8% can only be concentrated, so they must meet at 9.5%
??

M1V1=M2V2
0.08(150-x)+0.11x = 0.11(120-x)+0.08x
Throw it into wolfram.
x=20.

>don't study at all for a general chemistry class known for being a weeder class
>have to take a standardized chemistry final at the end of the semester
>cram all the studying in 2 hours
>the final was curved so I ended up with a 100%

Not even mad, it's the only chemistry class I'll ever have to take. I put my effort into everything else.

>Tfw third worlder so despite being above average for this place I'm probably a moron compared to Japanese teens.

Even shit like software and computer engineering are filled with normalfags nowadays. I guess electrical is better since it's not a cool degree. Makes me wish I took that instead.

I didn't know there was much more difficult math than algebra. And I barely passed algebra.
t-thanks common core

i'm trying to become an electrical engineer. 2nd year in general ed. things are going good so far, and i'm going to keep trying until I fucking die. comp sci is FILLED with normies so I don't want to have to end up settling for less.

You sound retarded so I hope you fail soon and end your life to save some air.

>tfw went to HS in Texas

Texas has some of the best high schools in the country you ungrateful faggot.

>i'm trying to become an electrical engineer
>trying
From the way you type, I doubt you're trying very hard.
>normies
Yeah, you might be better off doing something like gender studies.

I am grateful. I was just being smug about Texas not having Common Core.

>curved
my professor is a son of a motherfucking bitch, and laughs at the idea of curving grades. I'm half-way through the semester, I have no idea what the fuck is ionization, and have a 52% overall grade, and guess what? hw is fucking heavy, but counts for like 10% of grades, even fucking labs are 15%. fuck my life

>tfw went to high school in a good first world country instead of the Uneducated States of America

EE grad here, I can't say anything about those actually employed (I work at a grocery store), but the majority of my classmates weren't autistic.
I did take the intro CS course for programming, probably the only class where students actually brought their laptops to class and all they did was dick around on them and ignore the professor. Bunch of autists talking about mineycrafta and league of legends. Highest concentration of them out of any class I've taken.

>blaming common core when Khan Academy exists

>doesn't say what country
What are you scared of?

I did something different; I just used a big proportion

Container A:
Initial grams of salt inside: .08(150)
Grams of salt removed: .08(x)
Grams of salt left: .08(150-x)
Grams of salt to be added from the solution removed from B: .11(x)
Final grams of solution: 150-x+x

Container B:
Initial grams of salt inside: .11(120)
Grams of salt removed: .11(x)
Grams of salt left: .11(120-x)
Grams of salt to be added from the solution removed from A: .08(x)
Final grams of solution: 120-x+x

My formula for both was

concentration of salt= grams of salt/total solution

The concentrations of A and B would be the same after the grams of salt added is added to the grams of salt left, so my proportion looked like this

[.08(150-x) + .11x]/150-x+x = [.11(120-x)+ .08x]/120-x+x

Solve for x and you get 66.66 grams; I checked the proportion afterward and with it subbed in, both containers had a concentration of around 9.3%.

>Ionization is the process by which an atom or a molecule acquires a negative or positive charge by gaining or losing electrons to form ions, often in conjunction with other chemical changes.

fuck CA, and the introduction of CC. I should have stayed in mexico. But I will fucking complete my major, go back to my shit HS, and laugh at the students, and staff in there

wrong file dammit

Realistically speaking, you won't need calculus or algebra too much in most scientific field
Statistics, however, will be your bread and butter for any publication

Good. Curves are stupid. They only allow the teachers and students to get away with being lazy sacks of shit.

>implying you can do statistics without calculus
Or do you mean babby level stuff like means and medians?

>4 years of NEETdom
I barely remember what I learned in shcool

I've seen econ majors, and other related bitching about statistics is hard. But don't have to take any other math class or even calc 1. Not sure how hard is stats anyways