>2018
>I am forgotten

Attached: christopher-hitchens-00001.jpg (460x276, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p7R-X1CXiI8
youtube.com/watch?v=A0GKGHsXySE
youtube.com/watch?v=8S692f1tnuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what is his endgame if it isnt nihilism?

fuckin apes

Attached: 1508185245628.jpg (244x207, 15K)

Atheists are worthless degenerates.

>nobody remembers a fat alcoholic who drank/smoked himself to death and his petty childish rants against religion and his horrific foreign policy advice that killed millions

Good riddance, to bad rubbish

Attached: hitchens.jpg (180x476, 59K)

Turns out, BTFOing various flavors of Judaism isn't enough when you have nothing to replace it with (other than the Trotskyist flavor of Judaism).

Listening to him was rather pleasant though, I gotta admit that.

i love his anti islam stuff and calling out a lot of the extra shitty parts of all religion but it wouldve been nice if he provided a solution, its always entertaining when people body others in debate but it was ultimately just entertainment. thats why he was forgotten

I was just wondering if he actually loved America. Seems like Craig Ferguson was better at expressing a sincere allegiance to the United States.
I have to wonder how he thrived in Elite Liberal soirees, though. He can't really be /myguy/

Attached: 1505859104879.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

> it wouldve been nice if he provided a solution
He said that Shakespeare provided all the moral guidance one would need, and even fabricated a list of commandments.
Hitchens' solution was constant inquiry and criticism. For him this was natural.
The only failing he had on Atheism was not admitting that humans are religious, and that religion is often a force for good.

>tfw no inevitable biopic starring based Mannion

Attached: tumblr_ndkhy8s04T1tehdato2_400.gif (400x224, 1.11M)

youtube.com/watch?v=p7R-X1CXiI8

so much intelligence completely unable to synthesize what he knew into a proper way to live, just a hedonistic wretch until the day he died. he left behind nothing but a damn good writing style and a ton of dumb-as-dirt fanboys who associate his intellect with theirs merely for subscribing to his positions.

Nobody misses you.
That's what you get for building a fanbase of edgy pseudo-intelectual teens.

Arora saab, please go to bed.

youtube.com/watch?v=A0GKGHsXySE

youtube.com/watch?v=8S692f1tnuQ

Attached: 1505607950948.jpg (1300x957, 123K)

>The only failing he had on Atheism was not admitting that humans are religious, and that religion is often a force for good.

Wasn't this one of his fundamental lines of his argument for Atheism? I agree with you on that point that Humans are inclined towards the religious (a point Hitchens does note himself) and that it is a force for good in that the moral restraint (along with other virtues) it can provide is beneficial to societies. Perhaps a failing of hitchens was that in the absence of religion there is only non-religious ideology where man dominates man and that this alternative is no better, though he would say that would've been always the case and it was merely a matter of us realising this.

>Shakespeare provided all the moral guidance one would need
i can get behind that

I don't remember all of this so maybe Hitch is forgotten. It's been a decade almost since I read GING?

Attached: 1513181360727.jpg (500x312, 52K)

I have only read the first few parts of his book most of these points are what I have derived from listening to him speak every now and then and he seemed to have revolved around central themes and arguments. Philosophically he was quite consistent over the course of his career which I suppose was derived from being influenced by David Hume Epistemologicallly.