Sakuga AOTY 2017

2017 is almost over , time to decide the offici/a/l sakuga AOTY.

No movies.

There has been no good Sakuga this year

the answer is clear and it has dragon lolis

Bones rules, my nigga

I don't even remember previous season. Made in Abyss on Kekkai sen S2 probably

Ah yeah, and thick dragon maid

MiA has good art, not particularly good animation.

Easily Flip Flappers back in winter. It wasn't all that good story wise but it was pretty great animation style wise.

Flip Flappers maybe? Animation went downhill mid-season but what we had was very good. I don't remember if it aired this year though.

Aside from the fight scene in episode 2, it was pretty low key.

>everyone sleeping on LWA

Flip Flappers was 2016

>2017

was there any haikyuu seasons this year? those always kept some good quality.

Flip Flappers was last year.

nartuo has best sagoku

pacing killed LWA, but yeah.

I might have to agree with the Narutard. Boruto had some fine sakuga moments.

long run shonens always have sakuga. Out of competition

Little Witch Academia.
There isn't too much competition there

Like it or not, no anime could ever compare to all the things that KF has done. And it's story has yet to end

Tell that to DBS or One Piece

Good for you, but we're talking sakuga, not story.

Meme aside, AoT & FliFla

Oh wait. This is the sakuga thread not aoty shitposting

Excuse me. Moving through

Was this year really that dry? When I saw LWA I didn't think much of the animation, it had good moments but I never thought it could be the best sakuga anime of the year.

One Piece doesn't have sakuga in crucial moments anymore? What's happened?

Flip Flappers niggas not even knowing what year the anime aired. Oh I am laughing.

Yep. It is supposedly the strong point of LWA after all.
The last episodes had some really good moments, the Constanze mecha episode was pretty good.

Tiger mask? Bahamut?

LWA was OK, but it wouldn't be notable in any other year. As far as Trigger goes, I think Darling in the Franxx will be visually stronger.

Easily

>5 years since hyouka

That thing comes out next year and will be competing with stuff like Violet Evergarden, Mob Psycho S2, Galactic Heroes, possibly Full Metal Panic S4 depending on how much effort Xebec puts into it.

So it's in the bag already?

I'm guessing a lot of people dropped it considering it was kind of shit the longer it went on

Depends on how much A1plex helps out, Trigger alone wouldn't do much but if they use A1's connections they might get some good animators for the project.

Trigger themselves already have got connections to many talented animators, with A-1 it really depends. In this case though, Darling in the Franxx looks to be a reunion of idolm@ster and TTGL alumni.

>trigger garbage
>ever being sakuga aoty
>ever making a show that doesn't flop

Pretty much everything Masayoshi Tanaka has worked on since AnoHana has looked great.

No.

18if? BBB&B?

Lots of flashy lights and cubes but for some reason I don't find it that impressive.

Fate/Apocrypha

Yeah, sorry I'll go fuck myself.

Yeah you should because the fights in that show have been absolutely awful. Can't believe anyone fell for the "people move so fast we dont have to animate them" meme.

Are Kyoani and BONES really the only competitors anymore?

No mention of Made in Abyss in this thread. I'm dissapointed.

Why can't there be a thread about animation on Sup Forums anymore without it being full of retards? Popularisation of sakuga content was a mistake. The sakugablog nerds should have stayed in their hole on the 4chab text boards.

The animation ranges from pretty damn good to abysmal terrible. You might not like it but it still had its sakuga moments.

>MiA
>sakuga
pick one
You might want to go back to your AOTY shitposting generals.

DA Vlad was so awful and comical

KyoAni past Kadokawa hasn't made anything close to the animation quality of nichijou or hyouka, let's see if that changes with violete evermeme. And Bones uses lots of freelancers for their projects, basically everyone in the entire industry that's worth a damn, so I wouldn't call those shows in the OP image, their achievements.

I'm not even a sakugatard, but the fact that if i do want to look into that kinda stuff, it's full of this kind of shit is pretty depressing

Yeah it was dead on arrival.

What is triggering you from this thread? Why are you so angry?

reread the thread then?

>I'm inly one in white here!
>Popularisation of sakuga
Tips fedora?

>everyone so retarded except me

I wonder why Sup Forums hates Hyouka

RWBY

I'm not angry at all user. Just disappointed.

>I wouldn't call those shows in the OP image, their achievements.
Bones is clearly the only studio that gives a damn about featuring outstanding sakuga animation these days, so I'd count the fact that they've bothered to esemble this talent and prioritize it in their works as their achievement.

Well, you're only one retard in this thread after all. Of course you will be disappointed

Are we 100% sure it's bones that gives a damn, or their publishers?

What about aho girl?

Depending on what will come next, KS could be a contender. Not expecting that much though because S2 also did a Yutapon moment in E1 but the rest didn't really follow.

You mean their producers? Bones IS an anime production company.

Made in Abyss

Why?

Kou Yoshinari for creature designs and Key Animation
Osamu Masuyama, former Ghibli background artist, as art director
Stellar OST of Kevin Penkin
Phenomenal voice acting of the 2 MCs

Step up faggots

None of those things you said have anything to dow with sakuga. Do you even know what sakuga is?

leave it to the brainlet MiAfag to define sakuga

Might be the overall best looking show but there isn't much sakuga.

We still haven't really answered the question of sakuga AOTY 2017, have we?

>character designs
>background art
>ost
>voice acting

This is a sakuga thread, idiot.

Katsugeki by far.

We're debating it.

Nobody watched that show because it's garbage.

It's still sakuga AOTY.

You may very well be right, but nobody is going to back it up because the writing was so garbage we all dropped it in the first episode before we could see any of that.

The shitty looking 3D floor and quick camera movements really ruin it. I also don't like the clean and digital look of the characters.

In that case, let's see some visual proof, whoever can oblige.

It's gonna be Kekkai Sensen.

>complex camerawork is bad

>sweeping camera
>complex
Slow down there buddy.

Is character art relevant to "sakuga"?

It's not really that complex, those rotations would be much more impressive if it slowed down a bit, right now it's so quick there's barely any keyframes in the characters during those moments, I think they do it like that for this very reason.

Tangentally. Sakuga is the art in movement, it is by definition good animation. Character designs interact with the pictures in motion, but it's not like you can say something is sakuga because "they have good character designs".

I won't be surprised by the following winning:

>Juuni Taisen
Hosoda is directing it so it has potential for that. Episode 1 did show some of it.

>Kekkai Sensen
Obvious choice why.

>Fate/Apocrypha
This showed has a lot of known animators working on different episodes especially when it comes to fight scenes. Regardless of what you think of the story, we are talking about sakuga anyway.

I don't mean character designs, but any instance of a good drawing in an anime, even ones that don't move much or at all.

>i list a bunch of names as evidence for a product to be good
>tells other people to step up
Guess anyone who produced a single worthwhile work in their life should receive credit for the rest of his life for all works he ever created.

Honestly this. Goes to show you how dry this year has been.

>2015
>Not OPM

Revolutio had the same animators doing better work, why would OPM be over it?

OPM had good shit but it wasn't a lot nor better than the pic in OP.

I'm a kyoanus licker myself but Maidragon wasn't heavy on the sakuga. Shows like LWA, Katsugeki, Hero Academia S2, or Boruto overshadowed it in quantity and quality. Even lower key works like MiA or Bahamut were better. There's also Kekkai Sensen this season which will inevitably get more sakuga as episodes go on, and that Zodiac anime too.

It's relevant but remember that a series of perfectly well drawn frames doesn't necessarily make for good animation, a series of messy drawn frames doesn't necessarily make for bad animation either.

Dunno about Kekkai Sensen, season 1 wasn't that impressive in term of sakuga.

>All I can make an extremely remote case for is LWA or Fate
Nothing like an off-year to bring forth something impressive, right?

>dragon lolis
>there was only one dragon loli
>she was shit