Why is cyberpunk so inherently nihilistic, ugly, and passive...

Why is cyberpunk so inherently nihilistic, ugly, and passive? Do people honestly enjoy seeing this vehement decadent filth being pushed on them? Why don't you accept something that promotes hopefulness, moral values, and a strong society/tradition instead? Things like this is nothing but brainless indulgence for sociopaths.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rSqzMDqZkmk
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4973674/Collective-consciousness-replace-God-author-Dan-Brown.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>fighting back against corporate disenfranchisement and sometimes winning
>not hopeful

wooooooooooow!

>moral values

Well, that's a way to look at it.

Feels real. Feels beautiful. The acknowledgement of the world without pretence is harsh and ugly but that life in all its delicacy finds a reason to resist and endure is one of the most beautiful sentiments there is.

It's primal. The cold uncaring Megacity-scape is to man as the vast deceptive jungle was to man.
It's the purest modern expression of the raw human condition - an act of hope and futility.

>nihilistic
Lain is the opposite of nihilistic
it says that there's purpose and things worth pursuing
>ugly
Lain is a very impressive show visually
>passive
so you didn't actually watch the show
>Why don't you accept something that promotes hopefulness, moral values, and a strong society/tradition instead
Lain does all of this

hope is nonexistent, morals are a stupid social construct and society is garbage.

>i-it's not a phase, mom! MOM!

CRAAAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIN

Lain did nothing wrong

I don't think you understood Lain at all

I'm hoping my traditions will become more like cyberpunk.

I can't say anything for Lain because I haven't seen it yet, but humanity and hope almost always win in the end of a cyberpunk story.
It's supposed to be an uplifting vision, a vision of finding a reason to exist.

>nihilistic
someone didn't watch the show.

Lain's ending is pretty hopeful though

Laid

LAIN IS NOT FOR LEWD

how do you miss the point so catastrophically op

he doesn't seem to understand

nihilism is the new trend now

Maybe a chinese cartoon really is 2deep4him.

I think he does he just prentends he doesnt

A shame he seemed an honest man

Dont reply to bait.
Thread was over after

>lain
>cyberpunk
TRIGGERED.png
>Why is cyberpunk so inherently nihilistic, ugly, and passive?
what part of high-tech low life do you not understand
post-cyberpunk tends to be not as gritty GITS is a prime example

Dont know whats more retarded.

The OP who calls Lain cyberpunk, or people in this threads pulling the usual "you juz dun undastand", when the fact that the vast majority of them does being evidence that its a very simple narrative and theme.

I AM FALLING

Why is math about numbers? WHy are there people who enjoy numbers? What the fuck I'm so smart mathematician are stupid

>soral
>hopeful
>society

>Sup Forums

try Ghost in the shell or eden it´s an endless world instead of lain or ergo proshit

You answered yourself

I AM HURTING

Speaking of which, did anyone else find the depressing as shit ending of Texhnolyze suprisingly uplifting?

just like norse mythology, man
ragnarok is metal af because they know they're all going to lose but they keep fighting the good fight anyway

what the fuck is this idiotic pretext of a bait thread

by the time Texhnolyze reached its ending I had already more than gotten the point of how nothing matters anymore no matter what anyone does, so the ending didn't effect me one way or the other since it didn't matter how it ended

So you didn't get the point. The last 4 episodes are pretty clearly against nihilism.

I HAVE LOST CONTROL

ASUKA'S TIDDIES

neee~ did you know that arisu has a crush on the teacher?

F-f-fight the power!
Muh bad corporations.
Muh bad technology.
Muh raison detre.
Muh muh.

Funny thing about cyberpunk is - we live in it currently, and guess fucking what, it's not scary and dark at all.

Just goes to show alarmism is forever the pastime of virginal losers, whether they are religious or not is irrelevant.

I bet a lot of the socially Erased whose entire social life is contained on this site will agree with you.

Not entirely sure why but guess so.
Whether be it a rebirth or not. What's done cannot be undone, both for the better and worse.

Certain I am however that there's one thing the world cannot create yet we do, meaning.

>it's not scary and dark at all
That's where you're wrong, dunno what safespace you lived your life in but it's not all gay as a daisy in may.
This place wouldn't be so if not for the horror of reality, ahaha.

Texhnolyze is pretty much the endgame of cyberpunk. It shows a world that's completely killed its soul by relying so much on technology and false utopias, now it's heading out for a last hurrah.

It's uplifting because it shows just how vital it is to keep our fighting spirits alive, otherwise we might as well be dead.

>we live in cyberpunk currently
Explain? I’m genuinely curious.

explain

Now you're just asking for political derailment.

>implying that's not exactly why we're all here

If you want everyone to know you're 14 years old, just say it outright. It's easier for everyone.

There are worse things to be ashamed about on Sup Forums. You'd die a little bit if you knew mine and the feeling is probably mutual.

(You)

Go back to pol nigger, you really think weebs care about this shit??

>it's not scary and dark at all

But it is. Everything is horrible.

Because cyberpunk is from Film Noir, which is all about dark and ugly corners of the world.

I really like that user, this post did not go unnoticed.

lain was good but i was too stupid to follow any of it and i already forgot it all but the biggest thing i remember is that it was fucking insanely weird

>Things like this is nothing but brainless indulgence for sociopaths.
He says on Sup Forums

This conversation has turned into meta cyberpunk nihilism.

Seriously have you been to pol its riddled with normies they talk about everything which is the complete opposite of what the people on Sup Forums used to be like now its filled with rebbitors

>lain
>cyberpunk

No, there aren't. Enjoy your B&.

>Lain
>cyberpunk

>wah wah everything I hate is unhealthy!!1!

The cyberpunk stuff is only the surface level of this show. It's really about a girl's descent into schizophrenia. That's one of the reasons everything has an ugly, unhealthy aura. Secret monitoring, government conspiracies, people replaced by robots - look it up. Nearly everything that happens is symptomatic of classic paranoid schizophrenic delusional ideation.

t. sheltered first-worldist middle or upperclass Sup Forumsnon

>morals are a stupid social construct
Morals are a useful social construct.

>humanity and hope almost always win in the end of a cyberpunk story
um what

Middle class in a third world country actually.
You guys should stop being whiny bitches desu.

good post

Even worse. Your bad faith conscientience will not make you any friends.

Hoping the man will trow you a bone for keeping up appearances?

This thread is pretty gay
youtube.com/watch?v=rSqzMDqZkmk

Lain was pretty comforting in my opinion

This show is very interesting, as I am on my first watch currently

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4973674/Collective-consciousness-replace-God-author-Dan-Brown.html

"God will be replaced by AI collective consciousness, says 'Da Vinci Code' author Dan Brown"

Been noticing shit like this in the news lately.

That's gay shit. Lain has it right. It's the Great Unconscious that matters.

Step outside of your gated community.

because it has a wicked sense of humor