I grew up in a conservative household, but for some reason, we always clung to an aversion to guns

I grew up in a conservative household, but for some reason, we always clung to an aversion to guns.

However, my area has become increasingly less safe due to concentrations of MS-13 activity where my sister attended middle school, as well as migrants from Baltimore and DC.

Before I go through the process, I wish to become confortable with using handguns and rifles, and seek bonds in brotherhood, learn to hunt, and seek out new skill sets beyond sedintary activities. Where should I begin?

>inb4 exercise

I work out 4-5 days a week at the gym; currently at 18% body fat (down from 30% a year ago) from lifting and cardio boxing against the speed and heavy bags.

>P.S.: Glock or Springfield Armory? Leaning towards the latter.

Attached: download (2).jpg (218x231, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_New_York_City_Subway_shooting
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Glock.
Or HK VP9 :^)

Go to range and practice each month.

>MS-13
>migrants from Baltimore and DC
Jesus Christ this post made me glad to live in a relatively safe area. The worst that could happen here is you could get beaten up or flashed by some pervert. Having a gun in your case is certainly a good idea but those cunts have their own firearms as well. There's still a high possibility that you'll just get shot and drop dead. I'd move somewhere else if I had to fear for my life every time I leave my fucking house. As for getting comfortable with using guns I'd start with some air gun and then move up notch by notch with more and more powerful stuff.

>leddit spacing

not springfield
not glock either

Also, this thread isn't really Sup Forums-like. You might wanna ask around on /k/ or something.

If you need home defense buy a shotgun

I'd reccomend a s&w bodyguard with 38 special. shit has been used before in a famous case
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_New_York_City_Subway_shooting
don't like six shooters? get a 45 or 9mm. 9mm is less likely to go through you from what i've read on it... whereas 45 will, so you maybe
responsible for whatever or whomever you hit with it and what's behind them.
be careful user.
Only use your firearm if needed.
And definitely ask /k/
or this. If you are a good shot, an AR-15 is nice too
as for friends I live in the south, we all like guns
Except those douches from New York who keep trying to take them.

oh and springfield armory did some shitty anti-2a stuff apparently. So there's kind of a boycott from what I've heard.
Glocks are nice, but I like revolvers and FN pistols.

Will look into HP and nearby gun ranges.

A good idea, though the nearest airsoft range is 20% African American.

What are the best brands and models? Prices for the shells?

Suck

A

Fat

Shit

Out

Of

My

Ass

Most ranges have a way to “rent the case” where you can take a fire arm to the line to try it out, and switch off as many as you like so you can get a feel for each.

try this before buying a handgun, remeber, what feels the most comfortable to you will make you the most confident. As well as it being well made of course. so dont get caught up in caliber wars.

avoid handguns made by hi-point/remmington/taurus/kel-tec. if anyone disagrees is because THEIR gun hasnt failed (yet).

the other suggestions here are solid, you cannot go wrong with a mossberg 500, you can pick up one anywhere with options (sling, hardcase) usuall for the high 3’s low 4’s

If you are new to guns, revolvers are great. I recommend a double action, but that's just personal preference. The important thing is that it is high caliber (.38, .44, .45) so it has stopping power. If someone is strung out on meth and rushing you, a little 9mm isn't going to stop them. .45 will hit them like a train

To be fair, when you just lost everything and all you want is vengeance, who gives a shit what some spoiled asshole who never saw a man die thinks? I was fully supportive of Henry's initial attitude towards Hans

> high caliber (.38, .44, .45) so it has stopping power.
> a little 9mm isn't going to stop them

go back to call of duty

??? If someone is running at you, a 9mm pistol will not stop them. It will put holes in them and hurt like hell, but it won't kill them til they stab you or whatever else. Not cod...

i should also mention that double action revolvers are safer and less likely to misfire due to the high amount of trigger pressure needed

Springfield for sure. Great for shooting violent taco goblins

If you’re scared of guns... get a 48” ditch bank blade. I’d put a bank blade up against ms-13 any day

How effective are karambits? I am currently training with two cold plastic practice blades with the tips taped.

There is also the fact that I do not believe bank blades are legal in my state. I will check to make sure.

Stupid normie advice. Revolvers are harder to reload, takes more skill to master trigger pull, 38 +p may as well be 9mm, and 41, 44, 45lc, etc are more expensive, and harder to use. This normie advice is stupid.

Get a Glock 20 or 29 and some hardcast ammo

Attached: IMG_5027.jpg (3264x2448, 1.99M)

imo, revolvers are better for jacket pockets
semiauto is better for waistband and home defense.

Nevermind. This was me being an idiot and not knowing what a ditch bank blade was.

However, in a quasi urban environment, carrying these are counterproductive. Furthermore, the state forbids all concealed carry of knives (legal to conceal carry guns with permits, though, and they are easy to obtain despite the state turning into a liberal hellhole in record speed).

.38 is 9mm............

Fucking fud

.38 almost always refers to a .38 special, which is significantly heavier than a 9mm

You can buy them anywhere... it’s a farm tool that could cut a person in two, easily

It’s basically a long baseball bat with a huge double edged blade on the end. You can cut trees down with them.

also 9mm = 0.3543307in

it doesn't even make sense to make a point about it. they are delivered by two different means, so from a realistic perspective, talking foot-pounds or anything else doesn't achieve anything. 38spl vs 38spl+p vs 357mag is a hell of a lot more meaningful.

i got springfield xd mod 2 in
the 4 inch model, although a little smaller would be nice sometimes
been happy so far with it, bought it 2016 after researching& shooting several.

why the fuck are you asking pol? Go to /k/, bear in mind half of them are retards.

And go take a safety class / rent.

Attached: imY0dqQ.jpg (1800x1200, 734K)

i think the 3.3 inch xds will be a nice option for you.

9mm is fine
better if its a semi-auto with 16+1 rounds and quick reloading with a magazine

other reply wasnt meant for you, bot, sorry

a revolver

Attached: Chiappa-Rhino-357-right-side.jpg (2048x1363, 321K)

If you want to be cool get an H&K, otherwise get a Glock because it justwerks. Or just get a Mossberg. Make sure to argue about which cartridges work best for whatever purpose endlessly.

Lurk on /k/ for a while. You will slowly absorb info.

If you live in MD you will be required to take a hunter's safety class before you are able to get a hunting license. Hunting areas in MD are limited. Most counties don't allow rifles for hunting season (due to how populated most areas are). Bullets travel further though you should never be shooting over the horizon regardless. Shotgun and slugs are fine though. Can also get a shotgun for very cheap.

Taking the hunter safety class can preclude you from the class/training associated with getting a HQL (Handgun Qualification License) as well. Most locations there have ranges where you can familiarize yourself with a few weapons and learn to shoot. Can also learn where a few public/private ranges are from there. Recommend trying a gun on a range before buying it (especially most rifles/handguns).

All of the ranges near me will rent a variety of handguns and rifles so that you can get a feel for what you want. Sometimes they even offer free use with ammo purchases. So go to the range, take a class or two, and use some of their rentals. They will help you out with everything you need to know.

I 2nd this, I wish I got a single stack as my first.
Also get an appendex holster like a stealth gear ventacore
Glock's single stack looks pretty good, but for a 1st time owner, having the extra safety of a tang safety is worth getting springfield XDs

>Where should I begin?
On /k/

1: 2: Sig Sauer P226, P228, or P229 you pleb fucker

3: Go to a local gun club/firing range and see if they will allow you to rent a few guns to shoot