Is this the best shounen series of all time?

Is this the best shounen series of all time?

No

Both FMAs are god tier because their only flaws are the flaws that come from being type casted into the shonen role.

Good shows don't need baits like yours, just saying.

Does FMA have strategically good fights?

Yeah its pretty good. I mean maybe there is a better one but I thought It was overall the best one.

Yes.

It's Wan Piss.

That isn't an excuse for bad writing.

Examples? (to make FMA stand out compared to other shounen)

are sports manga shounen?

Best I've ever seen
even the dub was great

>type casted into the shonen role.
The fuck am I reading, do you know what type casting is? Because it's not a mangaka choosing to write a battle shounen story and including battle shounen tropes.

Depends.

The problem is that the good parts are spaced out between generic shounen cookie cutter arches.

This. Even has best ship with Gon x Killua

No. FMA was super generic.

Yes

its the best anime series of all time

>HxH
>best anything

It's "just" good.

What wasn't?

Its really hard to watch when its so clearly aimed at children. Theres characters that look like moomins, the 12y old protagonist is stronger than anyone with zero effort because OBVIOUSLY a 12y old beats adults because obviously the 12y olds watching the show is aimed at dont emphatize with the adults.

Original Dragonball.

how can alphonese speak/see/hear if he's just a soul in an armor ? he can't sense the things he touch how can he have the rest of the five senses ?

FMA isn't that good. 2003 had a cool prenise with the homunculi, it felt like a vampire story where they had to gather very specific objects to kill seemingly unkillable foes. But the ending was way too rushed, we had a bunch of silly plot twists like Hitler, London and Envy at the last minute. If they had worked things out a little better, like searching for Gluttony's and Envy's weaknesses, it would have been better. The way Roy obtained Wrath's weakness was also far too convenient.

Tha being said, FMA might still be the best shounen anime, not by its own merits, but because garbage like One Piecr and HxH are AIDS in visual form.

Anime wise? Sure, it's a very good adaptation.

Manga? I don't agree.

>if you kill him, you'll be just like him!
No.

Yeah pretty much

More like "if you kill him, you'll lose sight of your ambitions".

I hate this meme, but in that case it actually made sense.

I mean it's not like they let him live.

>that weird moment where an "ecchi" MC is smarter than the vast majority of shounen MCs

Eyeshield 21 is the best shounen, at least before the last few arcs

>AsspullxAsspull
>good
You should wish for nanika to give you better taste.

>executing psychotic mass murderers makes you unfit for ruling

No, FMA is a gateway anime of the worst kind. Literally babbies first shounen. Overrated shit.

Executing them out of a sense of revenge and to make yourself feel better would make you unfit for ruling. Everyone else there had a much clearer head about the whole thing so they were the better choice to do it.

What happens if somebody assassinates Hawkeye? What if it's a foreign national? Is Roy justified in burning the mother country to the ground if they don't turn the assassin over?

It's even the best Anime of all time. According to most websites.

Personally I like Naruto/7 deadly sins more.

>I like Naruto

when was the last time you watched it? me 7 years and i still think about it

I can only speak about the manga because I've never been able to finish either anime series all the way through. But Fullmetal Alchemist is by far one of the best shonen that I have read. It's good to know that some authors can actually plan out their endings and then work their way towards them without the need to run their series on for 20 fucking years. I like the entire cast I think the main players all got good development a good amount of screen time and satisfying conclusions to their individual arcs. The overall story was very well done can handle it themes well and was a rollercoaster from start to finish.

I like that the story wasn't solely about Edward and that there were times when he would be shelved to go focus on somebody else, you'd be surprised how many Shonen authors fail to do this and wind up just jerking off their characters constantly in what becomes a detriment to the plot. (Looking at you DB, OP)

The romance of this story was solid I felt like both characters actually built up their relationship to what it became. Winry was 10/10.

When I think about a manga series that I enjoyed a lot, and one that I could consider the best of its age demographic this is the story that pops into my head when I think about Shonen.

>age demographic
nothing you just said is influenced by the age of the consumer.
you know what else is aimed at 14-25yo males? everything.

i dont understand the need to put down the show, cause its a shounen. its one of the best shows. Period. One of the best stories, not even only in anime.

I personally liked the Shaman King manga

>written by woman

NO!

Story, story, story, story this, emotional content that, when are you guys ever gonna pay attention to strategy?

Ending was retarded.

Regarding Ashita no Joe, should i read the manga or watch the anime?

YES!

>i dont understand the need to put down the show, cause its a shounen.
I wasn't? we're talking about if FMA can be considered best Shonen. I think it is. If I compare it to ingest any and all manga I've read it still towards the top of my list but now it no longer can be called the best Manga.

I don't even think it counts as shonen. Also Brotherhood is insanely over rated, the original is great even with the hitler shit

A lot better than the anime one, that's for sure.

If it gets grouped with seinen, it's getting fucking destroyed though.

Yah that was dumb. Blowing up a bunch of sandniggers was fine but not one inhuman mass murdering monster

Yead, because upon finding out who killed his friend, Roy immediately started burning innocent people left and right. Oh wait, he didn't, he burned only the person responsible. Truly a heinous crime that turned him into Hitler immediately.

In Japan, if one man becomes Hitler, anyone can become Hitler.

*blocks your path*

That would be a very obvious yes. Unlike all other shounun, FMA is actually focused on being a good story.

No it doesn't. Replacing perpetual chuuni supernatural battles with perpetual chuuni gambling doesn't make a show magically better.

>hating on gambling while praising FMA's """"""""good"""""""" story

>chuuni gambling
>doesn't know about putting psychological pressure on opponent, pressing it even harder and limiting their options
>doesn't know about gathering intelligence about an opponent's playstyle and countering it, while protecting information about yourself to make yourself less predictable
>hasn't heard about manipulation of opponent's behaviors

Guess it's too much high-level for the likes of you FMA fans. You might never know what's the world's most delicious food.

*teleport behind you*

Who would have thought that akagifags and hxhfags would have the exact same excuse for why their aimless chuuni nonsense is good storytelling.

How is Akagi shonen?
Maybe Zero or Kaiji part 2 would qualify

Brotherhood is yes, at least on the account that it is the less flawed.

All my favorite contestants are flawed... Kenshin was great but over the end it was taken by filler. It does have those 4 ovas about Kenshin past to make up for that but it never gets a real ending.

The original FMA would be in a similar position with the exception that the original filler was decent enough and they gave it some sort of closure with conqueror of shambala. Still far inferior to the actual ending of brotherhood.

Shaman King got a filler ending too... which pretty much ruins everything for everyone.

Hunter X Hunter doesn´t have nor will ever have an ending at this pace and 2011 despise being more accurate as a reproduction of the manga feels souless and lacks the proficiency the first one had to make you actually feel something for the characters. Plus the movies are just a load of bull.

As for the eternals, big 3 or former big 3... well, all of that have at some point gone to shit.
So the only REAL contestant to brotherhood would be the original Dragon Ball.

I would accept anyone who says that the original DB was better as having a valid opinion.

>Unlike all other shounun, FMA is actually focused on being a good story
>akagifags and hxhfags would have the exact same excuse for why their aimless chuuni nonsense is good storytelling
???

>Akagi
>aimless
300 chapters of build-up to Ten (while also delivering in its own ways)
>chuuni
not really, although the first match is exaggerated

It's just entry level stuff with as many asspulls and nonsensical plots that relies in people being stupid as your average shonen. Maybe on the better side of shonen as it manages to keep some quality during its run but far from being a best anything

Because FMA is clearly aimed at mature people such as yourself right? If you can stand FMA's "humor", nothing should be that hard to watch.

I'd even go as far as naming FMAB as one of the best anime ever. Prove me wrong please.

What are some other best anime from your point of view?

Why don't you prove yourself right first.

Do you over think all anime or just the ones you don't like.

Don't bother answering; we already know what your response will be and what is the reality.

I've been rewatching the 2003 FMA and so far it's surprisingly a lot better than I thought it was.

All other shows I watched start to suck sooner or later. Some stay good but offer a lighter form of entertainment.

I liked Gurren Lagann but for different reasons. I've watched plenty of more "adult" series but most of them become incredibly convoluted or boring at some point.

Fma is aimed at teens
HxH is aimed at very young teens.

>All other shows I watched start to suck sooner or later. Some stay good but offer a lighter form of entertainment.
Of course I'd get a blog. Really foolish of me for expecting an actual argument.

>one sentence
>a blog
FMA is one of the only series that actually delivers with it's ending. Almost every anime I've ever seen either refuses to have an ending or makes up some convoluted bullshit to wrap up everything in two episodes.

I don't have time to read the whole thread, have we already had the argument where an edgelord calls 2003 best because it's deep and mature for intelligent sophisticated people like him, a 30 year old woman calls Brotherhood best because it has more emotional fulfillment and happy endings, and Manga-only grognards tell them both to eat shit and die?

>best shounen
Not really hard to accomplish when most are written by hacks. At least it didn't drag on forever.

Both. It tells the same story (although with some alterations here and there) but Chiba's storytelling and Dezaki's directing should both be experienced.

that's not goku.

here is my answer i like FMA !! i bet you didn't expect this coming faggot

It's in a shonen magazine, you goofball

look at this absolute retard

Keep telling yourself that as you slap your knee at the hundredth "Ed is short" joke.

This

Is the author doing anything interesting these days?

>fucking fairy tale disney ending
>delivers

I think the bros deserved it they lost their body parts after committing necromancy to resurrect their mom and seen a girl fused with a Dog just because muh science

>military spends 10 minutes bringing bad guy's defenses down
>he is finally vulnerable
>should we shoot him, sir?
>nah, let's just cheer that prybar guy beating him up in melee, not like we did anything relevant or anything

I did think it was a possibility.

You're still the faggot over thinking frivolous crap.

Greed was the one who made him
Into coal

>not liking Tanoshi Muumin Ikka
are you brain damaged?

Was still mediocre at best, but still better than Z.

That was so incredibly preachy and hamfisted I legit preferred the 2003 anime from that point on.

The one with the best manga sales to date.

The DB manga remains good until the end although the Cell arc was a bit fucked up