I feel like Bleach is the weakest out of the lengthy shonen anime/manga like dragonball, one piece, naruto, hxh...

I feel like Bleach is the weakest out of the lengthy shonen anime/manga like dragonball, one piece, naruto, hxh, yu yu hakusho, etc. Am I tripping?

It's not a problem that it's lengthy, it's last arc is the problem.

Detective Conan on the other hand only got better over time.

dragonball >>>>>> burichi/yuyu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> naruto shippuden/hxh >>>>> naruto>>>>>>>>>>> scat >>>>>>>>> one peas

How is dragon ball better than Hunter x Hunter, besides in comedy

hxh is the worst since its never going to finish and the author would rather play DQ

Dragon Ball has better character design, action and infinitely better art. I guess HxH has more substance in it's story but that's not always a dealbreaker.

It's because Kubo is, unironically, a hack at telling a story.
He has some decent stuff, but whenever he got stuck, he'd introduce a new character.

Top class character design, though.

Why is Naruto so much more popular on Sup Forums than the other shounen now?

So you like brainless action, okay.

O

Naruto has more feels.

oh get off your high horse, all battle shonen is brainless.

>Top class character design, though.

Yeah that's the one thing I like about it so far. Lots of cool characters, but ichigo himself is kinda lame. His transition from normal high school kid to grim reaper hasn't been very interesting or believable.

Bleach is by far the worst thing I've read go completion in any medium, I wish I could go back in time and slap myself for starting it. Fuck this dumbass series and fuck Kubo. The only good thing to come out of it were ichiruki tears.

oh get off your high horse, this is a brainless argument

So why are you trying to force it?

i think you're tripping. dbz doesn't have a real story or characterization. dbz is mostly nostalgia for the 80s and 90s kids. bleach on the other hand has actual plot, character development and an actual finish line where it's aiming which was Aizen. everything after is bullshit just like dbgt and dbs.

depends on what you're looking for, Bleach is easily the more artsy of the bunch, it's panel are pleasant to look at and the fights are nice, not to mention the variety of hot girls, meanwhile the females in the other series are kinda meh

fairy tail exists

fairy tail exists

fairy tail exists

>hxh has more substance

>posts an image of a character from an arc with more susbtabce in its pinky than almost all of hxh combined

O

MY

RUBBER

what was the point of Bleach?

you mean you?

Yeah, that's what I expected.

Come at me with arguments, you sad fucks.

Money.

wow shit taste

Naruto is honestly worse.

Bleach has more wasted potential and was more of a pain to read during publication, but it's so decompressed that it's pretty short and snappy.

Naruto is densely layered stupidity with shittier art that will take you twice or thrice as long to plow through.

Not really. That's Inuyasha

It had the strongest start tho

This, and other shitty wannabes like it.
Groove Adventure Rave was ok though.

I don't know what she was thinking. She just got worse with every new comic she made.

You can just redraw/write some parts of Gran Fisher and have a pretty good, finished story right there. It was a pretty compelling arc and they just dropped it.

Then it fizzled out almost as early.

Meruem is just cell but with Charcter development

>Kurosaki-kun
>background character
>who
>who
>miss "disappear after the 2nd arc"
>who
I'm mad that all of them got shafted by the shinigami and arrancar

>Hunter Exam
People fight or otherwise show off their physical talents for no real reason because the series never really goes into the benefits of a hunter license and literal none of the characters that matter actually really want it

>Whatever the fuck happens between this and heavens arena
Gon spends a lot of time trying to open a door, then leaves

>Heavens arena
Lots of people are fighting for no reason besides money/to power up, the start of endless nen training

>Yorknew/Yorkshin
Lots of characters either fight or almost fight before deciding not to fight because they would lose the fight, kurapika kidnaps a couple guys using his poorly explained powers so the badguys kidnap people in response and then everyone just kind of leaves, also more nen training/exposition

>Greed island
most of the actual interesting rpg sidequest/card collecting stuff is done off panel and instead it's all about even more nen training and everyone either fights for no real reason besides money or to power up except for that time they play an extremely violent version of dodgeball that is basically a fight instead

>Chimera ants
Everyone is fighting a bunch of ants who basically just want to kill them for no real reason and then gon gets really mad that someone he knew for 10 minutes on-screen dies so he powers up (after explaining how nen can also do this) and fights another guy and then the ants just kind of stop fighting and leave

>Whatever the fuck is after
inbetween 5000 delays the only thing of note that's really happened is chrollo and hisoka fighting, which was literally pointless because hisoka gets a boner over fighting for no reason

hunter hunter is a battle shounen for people who are dishonest with themselves and want to lie that they aren't reading one. DB manga has fucking incredible panneling and a great sense of action choreography, half of hunter hunter looks like a child with parkinsons drew it and the story is even more aimless than DBZ

It is the weakest.

Kubo is so bad at writing it makes me wonder if he's capable of speaking. There's basically no character development, no depth, just throw in ten new characters in when things get stale so the reader can wonder what powers they have.

it's the most generic of all of them but not the worst

Reminder that JoJo is the only good shonen.

Would bleach have worked with a competent writer and Kubo just doing the art

part 3, 5 and 6 are shit.

>post shit opinion
>get meme'd

this is what you wanted, admit it

Don't you mean:

HxH >>>>>>>>>>>> One Piece>>>>Naruto>>>>>>>Naruto Shippuden>>>>>>>>> Bleach>>>>>>>>> Dragonball

Kubo is good at concepts, and with enough rest he can write good stuff, the problem is the weekly schedule is too much for him when it comes to his writing, the dude just had a total of 9 weeks of hiatuses in 15 years, 5 of those in one go, that's insane

>Part 3
Just mad because its popular. Whole lotta fun

>Part 5
You literally didn't even read it and acting like you know a damn thing

>Part 6
You're just a literal fucking faggot

I'll agree with you that the Hunter Exams were terrible from a writing perspective, just an awful and aimless way to start a series, but I think it's fair to say that most of the rest of HxH is better written than Dragonball.

The problem is that neither series appeal is the writing. Dragonball was an excellent martial arts comic with impeccable pacing that started falling apart after a while but regained it's balance at the very end. HxH's strength meanwhile is in how it does characterization, but it doesn't utilize it well.

Gon's goal is better than goku because power creep doesn't interfere with it

6 is just uneven, it's ok.

HXH has interesting characters, DBZ does not.

Is hunter x hunter the rick and morty of battle shounen? It's simply the smartest anime of all time.

I'm not but what are you talking about? I seriously hope you're trolling.

Part 3 was the most original shonen back in the 80s and has some very good fights and moments.
Part 5 has some of the best fights in manga history and a lot of good characters.
Part 6 is best part.

it would of worked if it didnt get rushed by JUMP in its final hour and kubo wasn't running on ink fumes and cup ramen

Bullshit
You have literal power of friendship and even blatant "because it's erza" asspulls.
It's plot is stupid, the girls are ugly despite what FT fags would have you believe, and the characters don't have any characterization beyond a quirk.

i honestly would like to know too.

its like an art book that was forced into having a story

reminder

the art is better than one piece and the plot is a tie at worst

>People fight or otherwise show off their physical talents for no real reason because the series never really goes into the benefits of a hunter license and literal none of the characters that matter actually really want it
This is wrong. A Hunter license allows one to travel across the world to discover and hunt what they are seeking. The MCs motivations are revealed(Gon wants to find his dad to know why he left, kurapika wants to be able to travel the world to avenge his clan trough gaining back their eyes,killua just wants to be out of the assassination business to do want he wants to do,Leorio wants money to make a big hospital because his friend died in a dirt poor home) all their goals can be achieved by gaining a hunter's license

Yeah and 5 grams of shit is less shit than 10 grams of shit.
It's still shit.

well would you want 5 grams of shit or 10 user? do math user duhh

Is this the new obligatory Super Eyepatch Wolf shill thread?

this is some apex tier delusion

What was Ichigos goal?

Cut through fate

realised it was dragonball instead of dragonball z, but still, i think it's pretty spot on. Whats yo beef, senpai? what would you change?

It is, but only because it went off a cliff after the rescue Rukia arc. Up to that point it was easily better than Dragonball at the very least.

>People fight or otherwise show off their physical talents for no real reason.
An exam meant for people in absolute top physical condition meant to go off in unexplored lands, facing off against unknown threats as well as dangerous individuals. Yeah no reason.

>because the series never really goes into the benefits of a hunter license.
So you didn't read it then.

>Lots of people are fighting for no reason besides money/to power up.
So's the UFC, I guess.

>the start of endless nen training
Newly introduced power system shouldn't have the characters train to master it. Gotcha

> kurapika kidnaps a couple guys using his poorly explained powers
Second instance of barely reading the pages. Probably watched it.

>also more nen training/exposition
I guess you're used to characters magically becoming adept to ,again, a newly introduced power. Probably because the system in place question is basically nothing more than raising the PL.

> even more nen training and everyone either fights for no real reason besides money.
Third instance.

>Everyone is fighting a bunch of ants who basically just want to kill them for no real reason.
Fourth.

>inbetween 5000 delays the only thing of note that's really happened is chrollo and hisoka fighting, which was literally pointless because hisoka gets a boner over fighting for no reason
Aaand number five

Hey, you can spout blanket statements and skim the wiki all you want. Fact is, beyond DB's admitted good action and kinda sorta interesting characters is an virtually non-existent story from an author who was basically twirling his pen after several arcs he meant to end DB on. You can cry "Urgh HxH is nuttin speacial" if you want. Believe it or not, one of these series is not hinging on the MC becoming the strongest there is by introducing universe destroying characters for him to eventually beat up. When your series is nothing but a powerjump fest to keep reader interest, that's when you know you should just stop.

To protect, way better than autistic goals like being king of something.

> I feel like water is wet. Am I tripping?

You haven't read enough shounen manga if you actually think Bleach is as bad as it gets.

Tangible goals will always be better than non-tangible ones because there's a sense of progress with the tangible goal

Protect the status quo.

Have you heard of Saint Seiya or Yu Yu Hakusho

i would change the age restriction from 18 to 21+. 2+2chan is not a website for literal children to post on

What I really hate about all this retarded bias against Bleach is how everyone forgets the great moments it had. But Hunta Hunta is excused for its shortcomings though?

My mistake you had heard of Yu Yu Hakusho but I meant Shaman King

These are all Jump series and they're all fucking awful longrunners

>this great cast
>all thrown away for the sake of some faggots in black kimonos

That's Soul Society's goal, not Ichigo's.

>Tangible goals will always be better than non-tangible ones because there's a sense of progress with the tangible goal

Made up titles like Pirate King and Hokage aren't really tangible goals though, they're simply placeholders for "become really strong/ gain the respect of people around you". All in all it's the same shit.

All long running shounenshit is trash user, why bother making a distinction?

Dragon Ball has better action and fights than HxH and always has, even when it was still a fucking gag manga. Toriyama is a superior artist to Togashi and has a better sense of what makes something entertaining. He isn't a better writer in the traditional sense, but he is a better mangaka and his success makes that clear.

Wow, you must be such an intellectual for being able to understand how this convoluted Nen ability works! I don't want to watch these characters fight the ants, I want a narrator to pace me through the first twenty minutes stretched over dozens upon dozens of chapters haphazardly describing everything down to Gon's fucking dick twitching! I'm an intellectual! Haha Dragon Ball Z more like screaming xd

>What I really hate about all this retarded bias against Bleach is how everyone forgets the great moments it had

People don't come to Sup Forums to form new opinions, user. And Shounenfags in general are insecure about the genre, so they need scapegoats to make their own manga look better in comparison.

The best one but not the only good one.

Bleach is pretty damn great up until mexico.

>HXH has interesting characters
Even if they were interesting, you never fucking see them. Hunta Hunta is potential that is forever lost in the pit of hiatus.

>DBZ does not.
Bullshit, few casts are more likeable than this. It gets a bit worse in Z but it's still alright.
>HXH has interesting characters
Big fucking nothing, BnHA, for example, has a captivating cast but that is pretty much it.
Characters, while one of the most important aspects of battle manga, alone don't achieve much.

It's okay when Oda does it

Fairy tail was worse

>kubo ran out of ideas after the Soul Society arc
>so he just did it again but with an orange girl

see

but jojo is for fags

Who??

>People don't come to Sup Forums to form new opinions
Even so, the hate Bleach gets is otherworldly to the point of confusion.

If OP can have only two arcs with some above average writing with the pacing of a dead snail, how the hell is it received better than Bleach? All I can think of is that hivemind mentality brought up through its immense popularity.

I asked you a question to open a conversation, yet you once again threw down an insult without actually stating your own opinion. Why are you so angry?

Eichiro Oda, author of the manga One Piece (TM)

This is a Bleach thread.

It's a lot like Dragon Ball in that way isn't it?

Fuck human characters, let's just look at these inhuman characters and how much better they are than any of the humans in order to make sure our audience can't relate to anyone important

>OP has three rescue missions, two of them for male characters
>Nardo has about four retrieval arcs starring the same character twice
>Every Tokyo Fool arc is a fucking raid or rescue arc
Bleach did nothing wrong compared to this shitty amount of evidence.

Because low-hanging fruit mentality. Even if someone hasn't read/watched Bleach they probably know enough about it to repeat the same stale memes that have been reposted here since the 2000's. IchiRuki shippers are so mad that they still specifically target Bleach threads out of spite.

Are you okay user?

So is anyone saying that DB is vapid, mindless fun is an intellectual?

Geez louise, I can only imagine how you're doing in class.