Why do I see so many people hating on Code Geass since the announcement of R3...

Why do I see so many people hating on Code Geass since the announcement of R3? It's like people will hate on anything popular.
Code Geass appeals to everyone, yes. But that's a good thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5q-9EotzBZU
youtube.com/watch?v=FnLi6BURX8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's just angry newfags that weren't around during the golden days when S1 aired
I so miss Code Geass era Sup Forums

JIBUN WO

In all seriousness though it's a bad show.

Whatever they may say won't change the fact, that it's undenialably a masterpiece

why?

Plot Holes
Bad Writting

Explain.

>since the announcement of R3

Besides the obvious bad writing stuff the whole world and all the characters feel really stupid and lifeless, and only serve Lelouch who himself is a half-rate 'genius'.

Writing only gets one T you dumbass.

This. Sup Forums is a much different board now than when Geass aired.

You're wrong. And your explanation is too vague. I can apply it to everything.

>Bad writing because I said so
Nice

>just bank off name recognition bro
>who cares if the original story was wrapped up perfectly
Honestly why the fuck

If you're so much of a fucking retard you can't see why this can't be considered a masterpiece watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=5q-9EotzBZU
>You're wrong.
So why don't you tell me what's good about it? Why do you like it? I guarantee everything in this show can be proven half-rate.

>eceleb trash
pure bait

>bad writing
>shitty plot
>bad waifus
>marfan syndrome
IF you like CG unironically you should die

Newfriends butthurt that they weren't around for it.

Because having an R3 retroactively ruins the ending of R2

Lelouch was alive all along.

>waifus
This is the type of people who hate on CG. Literal ironic weebs.

>not liking the games of cat mouse with lelouch
literally the only thing that makes code geass amazing. him predicting an entire conversation twice is a stretch, but who cares? it was fucking hype

r2 opening 1 is best opening

Where in the show is there a significant cat & mouse game? Rusing a guy's plan once doesn't really count.

>I can't explain why this popular show is bad so watch this video instead.

>underestimating jews

just kill yourself nigger, get off my board

Wow another jewtube video, nu-Sup Forums just never disappoints

I pity the people who can't enjoy Code Geass.

You came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker if you expected a lot of people to agree with you here.

ITT: newfags pretending to be nostalgiafags in order to fit in.

This whole time i thought we liked this show because it was goofy and entertaining and everyone watched and posted about it when the board culture was still alright. I didn't think anyone considers CG to be legimately good.

>Code Geass appeals to everyone
But not to me, unfortunately.

Thanks. I've been considering rewatching it with friends while drunk, I assume that should make it much more enjoyable.

Code Geass has some legitimate qualities. It's a trainwreck and very mainstream, yes, but some people can't look past that.
>t. seething ironic weeb

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Code Geass. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Lelouch's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Code Geass truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in existential catchphrase “The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Gorō Taniguchi's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Code Geass tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>ironic weeb
What does this even mean? Fuck off.

>because it was goofy and entertaining
That is the case. No one ever actually justifies the show. They're just fucking with people they think are newfags.

Fucking newfag

>tfw youtube.com/watch?v=FnLi6BURX8A

I consider CG to be legitimately good. Sup Forums almost convinced me that it was bad and I was just remembering wrong (because of the fun threads), but I rewatched it this year and it's still a solid 9/10.

>only sincere weebs like CG
You realize this is nonsense and wouldn't support you?

Autists on Sup Forums don't understand how different people can like different things and they always default to contrarian = good.

We used to love Code Geass, this is fact.

Reminder that this is your average CG hater: >uses the term "waifu" to mean girl
>links to Youtube anime reviews

Everyone's pissed because there is no need to continue the story and ringing it out for some jew yen. S2 had a pretty opened ended ending that could of left Lelouch dead or alive to appease both sides.

Get lost.

It's legitimately good the first time you see it because you don't know where the wild ride is going to take you next but after that when you can closely examine the whole thing you can easily notice a lot of bullshit in it

Okay. But i don't see how this justifies CG. It only makes you look retarded by taking presentation over substance.

There's no substance either. OP came asking why people are hating on Code Geass, and all he got are unjustified buzzwords, like "bad writing". If Code Geass haters aren't capable of explaining their stance, then they're not worthy of discussion.

There's a reason why trainwrecks were associated with Code Geass for a long time.

It even become part of the nickname

Because it's widely known and should be obvious that CG is riddled with badly or lazily written plans, stories and characters. Literally the only excuse people have for CG is shitposting nostalgia.
Also e-celeb bullshit or whatever an analysis is an analysis. Refusing to address something because it's a youtube video is just immature.

It was written to shock you at the end of every episode but never took the time to consider the repercussions that would have on the story in the long run.

code geass is so shallow...

We discussed plot (WALLS of text), characters, mecha, powerlevels, asspulls, plotwists all day. Drama, hot chicks, fabulous max, god tier VA, great OP, great direction, character design, music, retarded shit - everything worked together. Why it's supposed to be bad?

I feel like the entire site just got worse in late 2010 early 2011 when everyone started constantly calling each other autists and other buzzwords
once the cuck shit started it got even worse

All that really proves is that it was a perfect storm to shitpost.

Anyone have archive links or screenshots of those days?

Code Geass has some of the greatest presentation and direction in anime. It's a shame the writing and plot are weak (mostly in R2) but it was always going more for a theatrical approach, and it delivered in spades with how exciting and powerful it was.

kys user

I watched it a couple weeks ago, and prior to that I never really knew it existed, do I don't know how popular/unpopular it is (this is the first thread about it I've ever seen). It's bad, really bad. In the first episode he acquires the power to force people to do whatever with a stare. In the second episode he conveniently hijacks a train full of mechas off screen and saves the day (why was a train full of unmanned war vehicles near an active war zone? should be heavily guarded, and that would make for a feat that surely should be shown in screen). Then the same kind of over-the-top stuff kept happening every episode, and I stopped caring.

Next thing was the gay catchphrase he used for like half a dozen episodes. "All the conditions have been met", or something like that; always preceding a twist of events to his disadvantage. Everytime he would say it, you'd know that he raised a flag for something bad. The voice he faked got annoying and gay quick, and the catchphrase didn't really have that "mastermind" impact I assume they intended it to.

Setting aside the odd character designs, and many other flaws, it was a show rather on the poor side overall. I dropped it in the last few minutes. When the parade came and said "This is Lelouch, emperor of Britannia, CEO of the black knights, president of the Asian whatever, world manager of McDonalds (?)" it became clear that this power-masturbatory fantasy was too over the top, so I dropped it right there. A few days later a friend spoiled the ending for me, and even though I really didn't expect it, I can't say it changes the overall quality of the show. It would be the worst anime that I've finished if it wasn't for that isekai with the iPhone garbage. Code Geass is a solid 5/10 or a 6/10 pushing it, but definitely nowhere near a masterpiece.

>Code Geass has some of the greatest presentation and direction in anime

The words you're looking are asspulls and plot holes.

I hated the show but the ending you missed is the best scene of the series desu. high-tier directing.

Is this copypasta bannable yet?

It's not some sort of masterpiece or really anything particularly special but it's fun to watch.

JIBUN WOOOOOO

>gay catchphrase
>annoying voice
>odd character designs
So are you going to actually critique the show or continue yapping like 15 year old?

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Pizza Hut fetish. I was speechless after the first 20 times Pizza Hut was referenced. I don't know the reason and I really don't care, but it was a goofy detail that later made me laugh, because the series would be rated higher if you considered an extremely complex Pizza Hut advertisement.
Aren't the dialogues, VAs, and character designs parts of the show? You're just grasping at straws if you're implying that the quality of those things doesn't affect the quality of a production.

>Aren't the dialogues, VAs, and character designs parts of the show?
So is the color of Lelouch's bedroom door. Are you going to write a paragraph about how that annoyed you? Not to mention the voice acting is fine, the dialogue is fine, and the character design is fine.

The only reason I remember this show is because of the ending in R2.
I refuse to let R3 ruin that for me, so I'm denying its existence.

>ignored his plotting critique
The biggest problem with the show is of course it's dumb plotting and vapid characterization. This is something that's been explained and pointed out so many times that I'm convinced you're being retarded on purpose because of nostalgiafagging.

Code Geass being so entertaining, which was obviously part of the way the series came about, is one of the reasons it is legitimate good. It's not the most intelligent or deepest thing, absolutely not, but pretending that's the only way for something to be good is, frankly, a foolish idea.

>>Code Geass has some of the greatest presentation and direction in anime
>The words you're looking are asspulls and plot holes.

Sounds like you didn't pay attention to what he was talking about and threw up a random answer.

Anime has always been shallow and always will be. How sad!

The vocal knee-jerk attitude of the people using the term, which wasn't even new at the time, and so abusing labels before the show was even half over.

The guy nitpicks things that are completely normal in fiction, doesn't understand the characters, is a hypocrite about fanservice and makes useless complains about merchandise, plus doesn't respond to people who point out details he ignored or misinterpreted, in his quest to make a click bait video about a show that he always misunderstanding. Go suck my dick, DX.

*that he was always misunderstanding.

It's pretty good. Just overrated by normalfags and overly hated by hipsters because they can't stand something with popular appeal.

As said, you're being retarded deliberately. I wouldn't complain about the color, since there isn't a consensus on liking/disliking certain colors, but I would definitely find it flawed if the door was poorly drawn or covered with a mismatching texture.
>faking your Batman voice everytime something dramatic happens is fine
If you disliked it in the Twilight movies you're a hypocrite
>dialogue is fine
>All the conditions have been met
>*shit goes wrong though*
>*some philosophical wannabe deep stuff (e.g. "the pawns can't move if the king doesn't move first", even though we know that this is not true neither in chess nor IRL) *
>"I want... Tabasco sauce..."
Such a deep dialogue.
>Character design is fine
How many people have you seen talking about how great the character designs are? Me neither. Note that it's actually the opposite; and that on the other hand, good characters designs tend to get a fair amount of praise and posting. But nevermind that, I guess a more likely explanation is that everybody's wrong.

Oh and I forgot to mention about Nunaly. Sometime in the first few episodes I figured that it'd be pretty cheesy if Nunaly was the final boss, because her name implies her to be a non-ally. I ignored it, thinking that it would be way too cheesy and gay to become true, but I guess nothing's too cheap for Code Gays. Worst part is that they probably thought this was a super deep symbolism and shit.

This is effectively going to be a sequel to the ongoing movie recaps that will likely change various things about how the show had ended, so it's not working from the original story either way.

Conversely, I was more frustrated with certain parts when I didn't immediately understand why they existed. Now, after multiple viewings, I can easily get why the show did various things, even if some weren't to my liking originally.

The plot simply takes for granted the kind of tropes that have been used in mecha and shonen anime for decades and that's only dumb if you consistently dislike those things as a rule in every show. Otherwise, it's an inconsistent complaint

>completely normal in fiction, doesn't understand the characters
No he's pretty spot on about the bullshit. He misses a few details but they're not so essential as to destroy his argument.

Not him but the scene where lelouch conveniently fucks everything up by conveniently saying to pinky 'kill all of the Japanese' while using his geass (yes it was built up that the geass was getting harder to control but who just throws out a command that perfectly ruins the situation there in) you could argue Lelouch was giving an extreme on purpose but it's still contrived
Then afterwards pinky is talking to Japanese pilot dude and the power of love stops pinky from trying to kill the pilot dude. This is shit writing Pinky was absolutely morally opposed to killing but even over the power of the geass (which is established to basically change a persons brain chemistry) she still decided to not kill pilot boy because love
I call BS

>get shot in the stomach
>get amnesia
what a standard mecha/shonen trope that has been used over a 1000 times during the last 3 decades! WTF CG has excellent writing now!

There's been many manga and anime with CLAMP or CLAMP-like designs. It's a known and preexisting design choice. Some people like it, others don't, but this isn't something that everyone hates. Far from it

Nunnally's name has nothing to do with the English language, nor do the Japanese people making the show insert such meanings into the other names, so you must be drinking something in order to make that association.

Even then, she wasn't really a boss. More like an obstacle, to prove if Lelouch was willing to achieve his larger goals for real and not completely drop everything because of his sister. It's a very standard symbolism, nothing that requires a long explanation. Also, it's not gay, though even then there's nothing wrong with gayness unless you're a Nazi or a priest.

Though cliches aren't the only porblem, what sets CG from an average shonen/mecha though is the seriousness and scope it wants to take on. It wants to be a grand philosophical epic but has virtually no real human personalities or realistic political/warfare intrigue and actions.

>an english princess' name has nothing to do with english
>and the gooks who mixed a bunch of english words and meanings in their work definitely don't know shit about english
The absolute state of cg fanboys.

He finds Suzaku annoying, which is normal as a first reaction, but does nothing other than bitch about him and also misses that the show is openly and explicitly criticizing his actions, not trying to make him come across as right or even than Lelouch. That's completely backwards and destroys his argument, especially since he also says very little or about Lelouch as a character throughout the video, since his goal isn't to analyze the show as a whole or in terms of what's actually important to the production, rather than what bothers his autism (OH NO, THE CHESS IS UNREALISTIC).

You and him both missed that she hit her head when falling after being shot. It's also not an unusual trope since most of human fiction is not made under the obligation of accurately portraying the cause of amnesia.

The problem with Suzaku was that he was so asinine he couldn't be a believable character. This was what he was going off of.

>he has so little to say about (specific thing)
>therefore I conclude that his goal isn't to cover the show as a whole
?
>your argument self destroyed bro
Cool story kid. If any argument is self destroying, that would be yours. On top of that you're lying, because he said a lot of shit about lelouch, his actions, and his plans; easily 10 minutes were spent in that.

There's no hidden meaning to any of the names and Non does not equal Nun so you're reaching like a sad little bitch.

>this makes it not retarded
>this justifies the crap drama brainwash Oghi betrayal subplot shit that went on afterwards

>you're reaching
wew
taking a look at Looks like you completely ignored the problems addressed with plotting again, and decide to attack some minor criticism.

That's only true for people who don't get the character, like this Youtube hack, because he doesn't understand that Suzaku is not supposed to be mentally healthy in the first place. He is traumatized and that ties directly into his real motivations. He isn't a normal person.

Furthermore, there are in fact real people who are worse than Suzaku too, who have worked with their invaders and occupiers. So complaining about his working for Britannia is a pathetic attitude even on that level. He's an ignorant of how occupations work and why collaborators always exist.

>You and him both missed that she hit her head when falling after being shot.
You mean that she might have hit her head, but wasn't even shown. I guess we make fanon explanations for stuff now.
>not an unusual trope since most of human fiction is not made under the obligation of accurately portraying the cause of amnesia
Source on this? I'm pretty sure an overwhelming amount of the works depicting amnesia try to explain it, and most of the times that explanations is related to either the brain or magic.
>There's no hidden meaning to any of the names and Non does not equal Nun so you're reaching like a sad little bitch.
Newfag much? How many language do you speak kid? In case you haven't noticed, anime names are full of meaning; and not only the japanese ones. For example, Lelouch is the light, Suzaku is the one who was born again, Charles is a reference to a real king, and at least 10 more characters bear names relevant to their characterization. You have to be really dumb to not catch on these things.

I don't like the subplot or either person involved. Yet getting all mad about anime not using realistic medical knowledge, which almost no TV series uses, is like complaining about character health meters in video games not being consistently tied to real injuries.

He pointlessly and endlessly complains about the plans not being realistic or disliking the chess. Barely ever says anything about the character as a character.

The "problem" is that you read an incorrect meaning into senseless name as some sort of hint and disliked the idea because for you it's cheesy. No real argument there.

You don't have to use realistic medical knowledge. Just don't do something as retarded as arbitrary amnesia of a highly important character in a serious show.