Why is Archer so much better than Shirou?

Imagine if he was the MC.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/8zPfKaNd
imgur.com/a/zzgtH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Archer is garbage. Only reddit likes him.

Way to expose yourself you stupid reddit fag.

I swear these faggots get more contrived as time passes on.

Shirou
>Manlet
>Childish ideals
>autism
Archer
>Tall and fit
>Is basically based Kiritsugu 2.0
>GAR

I like Kiritsugu too, but in any case Kiri is Acher 2.0.

B-but muh ideals

Get fucked, secondary.

>He thinks we only saw Kerry's ideals in Fate/Zero
What is mind of steel

What is this?
Is Shirou a servant now or what? I don't follow Fate go.

>Liking Archer is reddit now
Even VN fags think he's a better character

Muramasa Shirou

it's the face of autism

Fate GO isn't canon so who cares

It is and you kinda have to deal with that. The main orders/singularities are at least.

>based Kiritsugu
Kerry was a dumbass with a dream that was doomed from the start. He was a manchild with a lack of human reasoning who only knew how to shoot things. His ideal was the most childish and naive thing in the series. That's kind of the point of FSN and Zero. Kerry's ideal would've never worked and it shows in how Shirou, a mentally-stunted sword retard, had to abandon it to have any kind of functional life at the end.

Go back to Sup Forums.

>The main orders/singularities are at least.
People tried to get away with this logic for the longest time. Nasu didn't like it, which is why he made it so you couldn't say any of the events weren't canon in the final story singularity, by referencing all of them in it.

Mmmmmmm anime says differently.

And in the process made Prisma indisputably canon, the absolute madman.

>Even VN fags
>Even
Are there subhumans who haven't read the VN?

>Are there subhumans who haven't read the VN?
Zerofags, Prismafags, Apocfags, GOfags, Extrafags, the list just goes on and on.

archer is a whiny faggot who does stupid shit then bemoans the consequences of his own retarded actions

>those biceps

Faker. Loser.

T.Dumb Gilfag

Reports are unclear, but Shirou is supposedly talking as Muramasa.

Think its something like Muramasa in order to create the ultimate sword forged his soul into the sword so he doesn't go to the throne, in some time-line Shirou manages to trace this sword, but is possessed by Muramasa

>Shirou, a mentally-stunted sword retard, had to abandon it
Piss off. UBW True is the best ending because Shirou stays true to his heroic ideals while having a mature understanding of them.

Superior Fate boy.

Which F/SN ending would Kiritsugu approve of?

HF true

That would've been great

UFOtable are great at character expressions and other visual cues.

For example, when Shinji smugly asks Shirou to clean up the archery range after school(this was on the day he'd later witness Archer vs. Lancer). Shirou readily accepted and for a moment you could see his eyes really widen at how unbelievably kind Shirou is, before it closes as he walks away dismissively.

>while having a mature understanding of them.
>IT'S NOT A MISTAAAAAAKE

I'll believe it once history is rewritten so that reddit created GARcher

>Only reddit likes him.
Way to expose your newness.
Sup Forums was GARcher back in the day.

It's canon but it's an alternate universe like CCC is so it doesn't affect the main storyline anyway.

They said that the mainline is FSN > HA > GO, but Nasu can suck my dick with his shitty gambling app.

I mean there's still enough time for the world to go to ruin, but it makes a lot more sense for....WAIT IT MAKES NO SENSE.

In GO's timeline, the fucked up version of the Fuyuki war happened, not the one we know.

>it's not canon if I don't like it

No the normal war happened, Singularities aren't "something that shouldn't happen occurs in time and you need to make sure the correct events take place", it's "reality itself has warped to a new form due to the presence of a grail that was inserted there, and by removing the grail the timeline will return to its original form"

Why does everyone hate FGO, anyway?

They fail at the gacha. Also because they think it incentivizes T-M to not do anything else, even though a different company handles it, they just use T-M's licenses.

Atleast shirou knew from the begining that his ideal was wrong. Kiritsugu on the other hand was a fucking idiot

Those who like it moved to /fgog/, and the rest stayed here.

There's nothing good about it except the brand name. It's bad even for a gacha game.

For the people who care about the production behind UBW,

Text of booklet from 1st Half of UBW
pastebin.com/8zPfKaNd

Scans of booklet from 2nd Half of UBW
imgur.com/a/zzgtH

Miura: This was something I'd had on my mind the entire time. What I strove for in this episode was not to demean Gilgamesh in any way. The extra line you added, "At the very last minute, did I overcome your legend?" really changed the impression he left.

Nasu: In the visual novel, Gilgamesh was such a straightforward villain. He was cast as the enemy that users could easily hate. But without the premise of the Saber route, I felt that we should show how "Heroic" he could be, as he was in the Saber route. I wanted to show clearly that aspect of him - why he was a hero, despite being a cold-hearted enemy.

Miura: As I was depicting Gilgamesh, rather than see him as a bad guy, what drove me was the thought, "Because he's a king."

I mean not the ideal itself but something was impossible with it.

Nasu went on record saying that Miura was just the perfect guy to adapt UBW. Then proceeded to post his original drafts on his blog showcasing exactly how much he fucked up. It was a matter of predicting what he could do based on his past record(and predictions aren't always right);

with Sudou, Nasu has seen what he's done with HF and likes it. Different perspective.

The ones I remember are the Archer flashbacks in #19 being a lot different and actually about Shirou, not CG Arhcer, and the epilogue #25 being a lot better than the one we got, both in terms of fanservice and UBW-specific narrative and the final desert shot being actually comprehensible.

>>Manlet
>>Childish ideals
>>autism
Hence why Shirou is better, because viewers are meant to be able to identify with the MC.

New Game+ characters generally tend to be better than stock.

The HF movies are the first thing in years that I am actually hyped about.

The Ilya route that was butchered and placed inside HF..

mind of steel before he gets the grail

UBW true after because of shirou's growth beyond his ideal yet still acting as a hero using his newfound strength unlike fate (no growth) or HF (broken and not a hero anymore)

extremely fitting because Kerry dindu nuffin and UBW had the best ending for shirou even if almost everything else in HF was more interesting

>mind of steel before he gets the grail
Ubwfags this deluded. Kerry had a damn monologue at the end of zero novel that this is what he feared most. He'd actually be damn alright with shirou shedding the ideals and living normally, which is why he didn't train him to be a real magus.

Kerry had a monologue where he knew shirou was warped and afraid of what would happen to him, he didn't mean for his last words to be a curse at all

I meant before Kerry got the grail at fate/zero and saw what his wish would turn into, i must not have made that clear

before that point, he was pretty dead set on his ideal and refused any sort of doubt

>the fucked up version of the Fuyuki war happened,
Not really? A fuyuki war happened and wasn't fucked up at all. Just one war.

FGO is canon and a main franchise like FSN tho, while Nasu calls Extraverse spinoff. FSN and FZ timeline are said to be close to it, so in the future the timelock will smooth any minor divergences. Fuyuki grail war isn't really that important to warrant a complete different dimension.

Tora popularity vote of Fate characters.

Female Servants
>1. Jeanne Alter
>2. Artoria
>3. Nero
>4. Mordred
>5. Marie
>6. Mashu
>7. Jeanne
>8. Nobu
>9. Bryn
>10. Nitocris
>11. Okita. Nightingale. Ishtar
>14. Scat
>15. Fran. Tamamo
>17. Drake.
>18. Saber Alter
>19. Kiyohime. Raicow

Male servants
>1. EMIYA
>2. Gilgamesh
>3. Cu
>4. Dantes
>5. Merlin
>6. Karna
>7. Cu Alter.
>8. Ozymandias
>9. Caster Gil - Iskandar
>11. Robin
>12. Arthur
>13. Astolfo
>14. Moriarty
>15. Arjuna
>16. Gawain
>17. Amakusa - Bedi
>19. Enkidu - Kintoki

Non Servant characters
>1. Roman
>2. Shirou
>3. Kotomine
>4. Rin
>5. Gudako
>6. Fou
>7. Miyu
>8. Casval II
>9. Kiritsugu
>10. Waver - Sakura
>12. Gudao
>13. Olga - Ilya
>15. Fiore
>16. Hakuno
>17. Kariya - Lord El Melloi II
>19. Tine - Ayaka

>Imagine if he was the MC.
But he was.

>Poll with 50 votes being pushed in threads
Lol

>50 votes
>when jeanne alter had more than 50 and the guys got more
???
Go back to your shitty prillya poll only movie goers took and had less votes, wormfag.

. Jeanne Alter
. Artoria
. Nero
. Mordred
. Marie
. Mashu
. Jeanne
. Nobu
. Bryn
. Nitocris
. Okita. Nightingale. Ishtar
. Scat
. Fran. Tamamo
. Drake.
. Saber Alter
. Kiyohime. Raicow
How many of there were originally female?

>1st place only got 50 votes
>literally held in a random Akihabara store
Fuck off to /vg/, FGOtrash. Good to see you're still butthurt about that movie poll, by the way.

Keep calm user. Your autism is showing.

Nice rebuttal there, crossboarder.

Not even that guy but
>toranoana akihabara
>literally the biggest and oldest doujinshi store of Japan is now a "random" store

Kill yourself, there were over thousand votes for Fate favorite character which later got distributed in the 3 categories. That's the biggest sample of real-life voting Fate had so far. Far bigger than your meaningless Prisma one that only got screening in a theater reserved only for those who like that meaningless franchise (which Kotomine ended up winning, by the way, Sakurafags spam before he btfos her, but if you do check their website you'll see the congratulations Kotomine trophy).

The votes for a favorite got distributed in the 3 categories, but the voting system was individual and one character. Jeanne Alter isn't the highest ranking character in the list. She merely scored the higher of the women.

Jeanne, Marie, Bryn, Nitocris, Nightingale, Ishtar, Scat, Tamamo, Kiyohime. Mashu has Galahad powers but she's also a woman.

>Ilya not even in top ten.

This isn't new.

Yeah but he got the bad end though

>you could see his eyes really widen at how unbelievably kind Shirou is
I just rewatched this scene. Shit you're describing never happened.

Yeah, a random doujinshi store. Get over it.
>only for those who like that meaningless franchise
The irony of you saying this while defending a FGO poll is palpable. FGOfags aren't even into the rest of Type Moon for the most part.
>which Kotomine ended up winning, by the way
Wrong. He won the Twitter retweet poll, which is far less reliable for obvious reasons, not to mention he's literally a meme character in that series who people voted for for the hell of it last time too.
>She merely scored the higher of the women.
And if the highest-ranking woman scored that low, then the poll as a whole obviously doesn't mean shit, considering Type Moon is all about the female characters.

Why did his sister seduce him?

Unless you mean the movie. I forgot they had to do the entire day one again.

>a FGO poll is
It's not a FGO poll, it's a fate/series poll which included every single character of the franchise including Gray and obscure FHA characters.

>Wrong. He won the Twitter retweet poll,
We won both.

>considering Type Moon is all about the female characters.
Kek. Go read HF reviews, you'll see the term "eyecandy for women" more than "eyencandy for men" threw around.

>Prisma forever ruined her

>TFW mods banned SakuraFish

They literally aimed HF movies to the female audience, user. They changed Shinji from a pathetic guy to a hot badass handsome guy that women fight "cool" and are currently doing many BL of. Did you see his design now?
There's more Shirou and guys fanservice than any waifu one.

>It's not a FGO poll
>full of FGOshit
Sure thing.
>We won both.
Nope, the pic of the poll was literally taken on the final day of it. The tweet announcing Kotomine's victory outright acknowledges that she won at the theater.
>There's more Shirou and guys fanservice than any waifu one.
>Go read HF reviews, you'll see the term "eyecandy for women" more than "eyencandy for men" threw around.

>literally adds a scene of Shirou groping Sakura's breasts
Them pandering a little to the fujoshis on the side doesn't change the fact that it's about the waifus at the core.

They are EOPs that have only gotten up to Okeanos

>11 of 19
>8 transex servants.
Well, that's a good ratio

>world-weary time-traveling damned soul you steals your highschool girlfriend

I'd like Archer to give me his bone of his sword

CG Archer EMIYA > Any Servant

Getting infinite power from the earth is kind of cheating

There aren't that many genderbends, just multiple versions of the same ones.

Much like Dante, here is the big question: Would you fuck Archer or would you let Archer fuck you?

>full of the most popular fate entry right now
Who would have thought!
Also on HF: They removed the lesbian voyeurism and the sex scene and keep it absolutely tone down, more milder than the RN version.

That's because they're making it clear to the new audience that Sakura's been retconned into a virgin.

Emiya burned down Ancient Rome and Nero was blamed for it.

So the only reason Nero's reputation became this way is due to Emiya framing her.

Which is a shame, given he created a pretty broken magic with such shitty training. He'd have been a great mage if taught by someone who actually wanted to teach him.

That wasn't the real Sakura. That was the scene Rider traps Shirou in a fantasy to feed on his mana, they went for RN where she gave him a lesbian fantasy and then 'Rin' rubbed her body and he groped her while she sucked his blood (which replaced the defenseless anus of the pc version). The movie eliminates the otaku pandering even more, first Rider takes Rin's form to seduce Shirou but unconsciously morphs into Sakura due to his attraction to Sakura, there's some mild groping but both ways, and it's far less sexual than even RN scene (no lesbians for stater).
The movie does establish Shirou as some attractive ripped handsome and reliable guy who competes for Sakura vs cool evil oniichan Shinji, so it's almost like a shoujo love triangle the ones Nasu loves. Shinji's entire making over reminds me how Gilgamesh's design also evolved to make him more appealing to women when his original design was meh.

>they went for RN
Exactly.

They went for RN and even watered it down.

It's not gay to admire this guy, right!?

Its only gay if you don't have an erection. That means your body wants to be penetrated by GARcher.

enkidu> CG EMIYA
grands>CG
Lancer Cu> EMIYA

I feel bad for redman and EMIYA Alter.

At least they're happy at Chaldea.