Gaijin-kun

Let's have a nostalgic trip to Sup Forums's Original manga.

Other urls found in this thread:

drawbrah.deviantart.com/art/new-commission-sheet-666274237
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodical_cicadas
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dumping time

It's kind of weird that he can speak perfect japanese but not understand any of the culture

please dont stop

Japanese class in US doesnt really teach anything about culture.

Fuck, how long has it been?

longer than berserk. update never

Good shit

extra art by the artist

some chapter are al over the place

This is the look of absolute despair.

other contribution

everytime
my fucking sides

What is this even implying? Murrica has cicadas.

>hit in the face
>doesn't charge the mound and start throwing haymakers
Immersion broken

California dont.

and lastly the Valentine Arc

that's all folks

but i want MOAR

Yeah it does. Near the Sierras.

The chapters are too ahort. It would do to expand some of these strips

It could works like Tomo-chan. Perfectly paced manga without needing a heavy plot, just daily life stuffs.

(You)

This really didn't hold up.

Does New York?

>achoo!
that's the best bit

it kinda depends on the school, ya know

Gib more pls

Maybe, just maybe, it's because this isn't about a realistic example of a foreign guy in japan, but about some fish out of water jokes about a guy that knows jack shit about the country but somehow magically speaks the language, except when there's a pun to be made
except for this one, this one's funny.

wait is this an actual thing?

I don't know, go there, peep on some naked girls and find out.

Who's the guy who did these?
Where did they appear?
WhAt else didde do?

You're right, they should have made gaijin-kun a post-modern, rainbowhead drone who should have criticized all the "icky" cultural traits of a foreign country, and then replace it with manufactured, committe approved, "millenialisms" for the current year's demographic.
inb4 "L-L-LE BUTHURT LE /POLE/ XD"

Worth noting this guy is still around and takes commissions. His name is DrawBrah and he's pretty damn cheap and fast for how good he is.

drawbrah.deviantart.com/art/new-commission-sheet-666274237

Full pages like the original comic are probably about $20 or so.

I'm a fucking idiot and remembered the pages being more detailed than they were, so it's actually probably cheaper than that.

Anyways, I've commissioned him before and have some spare money lying around, so post ideas for four panel Gaijin-Kun comics and whichever one is best by the time I get back from work I'll have made.

Have fun, anons.

kek..

My dad told me that there were gays who had shit up their ass all the time, but hey, i'm not judging.

If you want more, just start making more yourself. Gaijin-kun started from an Sup Forums thread to begin with so there's nothing wrong with making new chapters yourself.

I can't draw.

Partially. I don't know if Japan is the same but we get these bullshit 13 and 17 year emergence cycles. I still remember walking home in middle school during one. It was impossible to walk 5 steps without stepping on one or one flying into you. I assume the joke is Americans view them as a disgusting nuisance whereas a Japanese person's first instinct isn't to kill one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodical_cicadas

Are cicadas special in Japan or something? They're fucking gross and big, at least they don't bite I guess. Luckily they seem to just keel over dead as soon as they emerge so I don't usually see them alive.

tsunderefag btfo

Japanese culture as a whole places a pretty big importance on animal life.
They also are nostalgic for many of them because of going out into the hills to catch cicadas when they were younger, and because of summer time.

Unironically the only funny one

Ur gay

Based Gaijin Kun

He's not wrong. 5 bucks for coffee is still bullshit.

That's what retards pay Starbucks for their sugar.

This one will always be my favorite.

I've gotta couple.

Another.

One more.

>moot come back
perfect

There should be field trip episode where Guy Jean got away with free train ride because the clerk is jsut too afraid to bother to engage in an English conversation with him.

>charge the mound
That's not béisbol

Last one that hasn't already been posted. Always love going through these comics.

Or a Trip to Narita (the one place where Deers roam the street with people) and he through it was a free range hunting ground.

Or a trip to any NPB game and he's the only one in the stadium who stands up and sings Take Me Out to the Ballgame mid 7th

Gaijin-Kun will enter into japanese bathtub

i was waiting for this one, fuck tsunderes

Or he's hanging out with his friends, he excitedly visits a tako stand, and he gets confused.

HE'S NOT WRONG

I have a genuine problem because I find her cute. Fuck

anyone have the full folder to download?

How tsunderes should be dealt with.

First time seeing this. Might be the best thing this autistic board has ever produced. Thanks OP.

H-how cute!

What a goddamn patriot

I think the best things this board has produced are "Sup Forums tsundere christmas carol" and Katawa Shoujo

was is ever translated into japanese?

>he dodges the slap

Hey I'm a drawfag, I'll do them for free just for publicity

>guy jean invited to night time event (beach or some shit)
>brings beer
>they act surprised and tell him hes underage so cant drink it
>laughs and says something along the lines of "what am i some sort of fag"
Obviously written in a way thats actually funny

In Japan they have vending machines with beer just sitting on the sidewalk. You don't even need an ID or anything to get at them.

that sounds too sensible for it to be what happened.

Maybe instead of beer it can be weed when they go for a hike in the mountains or some shit, since the japs treat weed like we treat crack. Don't want the joke to become dude weed xd though.

I purchased some beer from one (Asahi super dry) when I visited (was underage at the time). They also have cigarette vending machines (although you did need a card for those). From my understanding, the Japanese youth are simply too well-mannered to buy anything from the vending machines.