Boruto - Chapter 17 Discussion

>Yeah let that edgelord cool his head a bit
>Word of experience here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/546do2gZl4M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sasuke needed three goddamn years, Boruto took an afternoon. Truly he is the child of prophecy.

No user, he took 12 years.

I hate Ikemoto's Salad so much. Give that slut a new outfit.

>reviving Ao
for what purpose

How high are the chances that one of the Otsutsuki is Lord Jashin with more instant kill tricks and Shikadai killing him off in a genius way?

Boruto's temper tantrum is more like Naruto, though.

>Sasuke isn't keeping Boruto's seal from Naruto anymore
Finally the characters have some common sense now.

Mirai is the one who will kill him

Give Kodachi a chance.

I wanna see Mei's and Shikamaru's reaction to this since he never went back to the village nor nobody even knows he's alive besides Katasuke.

>no fight scene with konohamaru

Literally what the fuck were they thinking?

Blame Kishi. It was revealed in the Sasuke Novel, that he got rid of the genjutsu placed on Yagura. Also the fact he lived survived against Shisui is another testament of his ability to be a master at genjutsu.

Zero, now shut up.

If anything, if Jashin appears in Boruto, he is going to be an enemy of the Ootsusukis, considering Jashin's association with death and the Ootsusukis' with life
Hidan should make a comeback though

To make Hinata's mother have had the Jougan.

If this comes true, the Hiashi memes are gonna be absurd.

Not so fast. Naruto sent two genin and a scientist to watch over Boruto's mysterious Ootsutsuki-related curse seal.

>Ao hasn't gone back to Kiri since the war
Shouldn't he be considered a missing-nin?

Couldn't he just be retired?

Since Ao is the Outsider Kashin Koji sent to retrieve the vessel, the train scene happens before that. Hopefully, the fight won't be off panelled next chapter.

If I survived a nuke I sure as shit wouldn't give a damn about going home or not.

Jougan is apparently a mutation of the byakugan made from Hinata's byakugan and Naruto's ability to sense negative energy so it's unlikely his grandmother had it.

maybe Katasuke is the only one that can give
maintenance to his prosthetic limbs

Do we have that as the official name yet

Probably considering he developed them.

I'm lost, how Ao killed Hinata's mother?

The animator is the only one that commented on it so far.

Fake spoilers.

>tfw kagura was canon before sumire
Based.

It's a joke from some guy on a Naruto site.

Probably not. Still, I can't help but wonder a few things.

Of all characters to keep alive, why Ao? From an author's perspective, it would have to be for a good reason. Ao isn't particularly loved by the fans and wasn't a particularly deep character. His one unique trait (aside from accidentally pissing off Mei) was the Byakugan that he stole from another Hyuuga - a main branch Hyuuga who probably died, as we have never seen a one-eyed Hyuuga. So who is it? We've seen many elder Hyuuga, but never Hinata and Hanabi's mother.

How did he live? Shikaku and Inoichi were presumably annihilated in the blast, as no mention has been made of their survival. It's possible that Mabui saved him and his injuries are from her transportation jutsu. But why then would she save him and not the main strategist or communication hub of the army? An accident isn't as satisfactory for storytelling. We've also seen someone avoid certain death using a space time ninjutsu while sustaining hefty damage on one side of their body before in Obito and Boruto's Jougan has shown itself to be capable of just such space time ninjutsu.

Maybe Hinata's mom didn't have the Jougan, but isn't it possible that Ao, in the heat of the moment, used the latent power within his eye to slip away instead of dying?

Ao's survival is too deliberate for me to dismiss anything out of hand.

>But why then would she save him and not the main strategist or communication hub of the army?
Maybe he brainwashed her. It certainly seems more plausible than magic Byakugan asspull technique Coolest Guy 2 Electric Boogaloo.

Can someone post the Hiashi and Hizashi edit of the Bogdanoff brothers?

But from a storytelling perspective is that more interesting?
>Ao brainwashed Mabui to save him -> now he's evil and has zero connection to the protagonist or the greater events of the story
vs.
>Ao saved himself by his own Ootsutsuki-derived power -> joined an Ootsutsuki-associated group -> the power that saved him is directly connected to the protagonist and the greater events of the story

Both are shit.

Weak answer, user. Think critically.

No. I think you're missing the point.

Tbh i think he did got teleported away by Mabui and the guys from Kara found him.

Obviously. So why don't you kindly tell me the point?

So Kara saved his life after the explosion and he's grateful to them? That's still pretty weak and doesn't give him a connection to the protagonist or the greater events of the plot.

Ao's there because he's a relic from the past. We'll get to see what's appealing about Kara's ideology that made him turn. He's also there because he's particularly skilled at genjutsu, and could manipulate Katasuke. He's also there partially because he has the Byakugan, which has connections to Boruto's lineage.

That's about it, really. Now, the second Ao uses a space-time technique that logic goes out the window, but until then we can't assume the type of bullshit you are.

Not grateful. Some user said in the other thread about how the war was caused because of Uchiha bullshit and how many of his m8s died. That's plausible desu.

If Kara's goal has anything to do with fighting the Ootsutsuki or destroying them it'd appeal to Ao, who lost pretty much everything because of Black Zetsu's meddling.

>Ao's there because he's a relic from the past
We have tons of those who weren't thought to be annihilated in an explosion.

>We'll get to see what's appealing about Kara's ideology that made him turn
That's not a very strong answer.

>He's also there because he's particularly skilled at genjutsu, and could manipulate Katasuke
He actually was never skilled at casting genjutsu originally. He only ever saw through Danzo's genjutsu. His skill at genjutsu was an invention for this chapter to tie him to the initial plot of Boruto.

>He's also there partially because he has the Byakugan, which has connections to Boruto's lineage.

So whose Byakugan did he take? That's the question. His sudden importance in the plot makes it more likely that the origin of his Byakugan will be explored.

>Ao brutally rapes Sarada
At the very least, someone make this a doujin.
PLEASE!

>mfw retard-kun says j-just because the arc is canon, doesn’t mean Sumire is

Maybe they are being controlled by the Ootsutsuki. Plus he lived the Bloody Mist times, he isn't really a person who would such shit slide away.

user, your theory is dumb. Just accept it.

In the Sasuke novel, I think Ao is revealed to be the one who dispelled the genjutsu cast on Yagura. It may be non canon, but I thought it's something that's interesting to point out.

It's funny, the last time I heard that was when I was telling people Tobi was Obito.

Okay, user. You win. Sumire is canon.

Now what? She still has to compete with Sarada, who is kicking her ass right now.

Congrats, Sumire is canon. Now she has to work for it.

Still, dispelling genjutsu is explicitly explained to be a different skill from casting genjutsu.

It's canon. Also true.

They're obviously related. You need skill at using it in order to diffuse it.

Well this time you're really reaching.

>compete with Sarada
>kicking her ass right now
Or you can take this tired shippershit back to tumblr where it belongs

>mfw Kagura is canon but Sumire isn't
we live in the best timeline.

Yeah but in the beginning it was implied you had to have had a knack for it. Kishi fucked up big time by stating Sakura was good at it but never fucking used it once. Instead, Sauce and all other Uchihashits became the genjutsu experts.

But still Ao was able to fight against the ultimate genjutsu master, Shisui, and live, so he is clearly a master at it.

No, no. We're going to do this. The only reason you faggots want Sumire to be canon in the first place is so she can get with Boruto. So now she has to try for his affection.

So go ahead, user. Tell us how she's going to beat the Salad.

>moving goalposts
The anime has always been canon and that includes Sumire, just get over it

Not true. In fact, the exact reason Jiraiya only taught Naruto how to dispel genjutsu is because he had no talent for casting it.
We'll see.

Sumire could put up a good fight against Mitsuki who is by far the strongest student. Sarada jobbed to Goth Loli's doll.

Is Boruto a daddy-con? His fixation on Tou-chan is...ominous

Naruto was a special case because he had Kurama's chakra.

>The only reason you faggots want Sumire to be canon in the first place is so she can get with Boruto.
Not everything is about shipping, tumblrtard. You can like the character and not be an autistic shipperfag.

>Sarada shipped with boruto almost every time they're on screen together.
>Sumire shows attractions for other boys and has still has yet to be mentioned in the manga. She's literally only canon because Kagura is, and even then it could be argued that Kagura is the only one who is canon because Sumire did nothing of note during the current arc.
>w-we're winning
Must suck being a sumirefag. no matter what angle you attack from, you lose.

It reminds me of the Frog Genjutsu that Jiaraya used against pain.

Really wanna see Nardo using it sometime.

I don't care about that. We all know women in this series are worthless besides who they're capable of getting with. So how is Sumire going to snag the ultimate prize, and get that protagonist D?

Kurama's chakra is not involved. It's only about dispelling genjutsu by yourself. You're confusing it with Bee's explanation that mastered jinchuuriki are immune to genjutsu because they always have a partner to dispel it.

>being this mad that based kagura is canon while nu-sakura isn't.
topkek.

It's absolutely about shipping, as you Summertards have proven time and time again.

In short:
>Casting genjutsu: control someone else's chakra flow
>Disrupting genjutsu by yourself: disrupting your own chakra flow
>Disrupting genjutsu with a partner: they disrupt your chakra flow

Ao has been shown only doing the latter until this chapter.

>It's only about dispelling genjutsu by yourself.
Then that's a different situation, since Ao dispelled Obito's genjutsu on Yagura, and not himself.

Kek, imagine being this much of a shipperfag autist. Just go back already.

Whoops, forgot the last pic.

That is covered by Jiraiya's explanation. See: Naruto is later rescued from the genjutsu by Sakura and Chiyo using the method described by Jiraiya because Itachi was 2stronk.

>and even then it could be argued that Kagura is the only one who is canon because Sumire did nothing of note during the current arc
Guess that means the majority of the Konoha 11 are non canon since most of them were never relevant.

From the one who spergs out every time his ship is threatened like now the irony is hilarious

>lacking an argument so badly that he resorts to “lol u-ur just mad”

Semantics. Ao had experience dispelling genjutsu, and fought the best genjutsu user in history and survived. He could also tell when Danzo was manipulating Mifune at the summit. The fact he's also skilled with genjutsu comes as no surprise, because unlike Naruto, Ao is smart.

>and Naruto's ability to sense negative energy
But that isn't Naruto's ability. That's kurama's...

>imagine being this much of a shipperfag autist.
>he says as he trucks full throttle in the name of a filler/side character who he thinks will be more important than the main heroine and live interest because she's his waifu

I'm a realist, you're a delusional shipperfag. Borusumi is modern Narusaku.

If they haven't appeared on panel/directly mentioned, then nope. not canon.

>being so mad he has to pretend the argument doesn't exist
keeeeeek

a Higher power probably helped him either it being kara or a Ayy lmao it reminds me of doctor Manhattan saving Jor El from krypton blowing up in the current action comics arc Lord Ao is Boruto's Mr.Oz

I'm still waiting for your answer. If it's not about shipping, then stop bringing up shipping. If Sumire can stand on her own, stop trying to replace Salad with her as Boruto's main girl.

Sage Mode son.

>You like a character, therefore the only possible reason for it is because you ship them with the MC
Are you about to pretend you’re not just projecting how much you ship Boruto and Sarada?

Retard kun doesn't know when to stop

While I like how Ao has returned, why did they have to make him evil? He could of have been interesting as a warning to Boruto about the path that he wants to take

Sure, it's plausible, but it doesn't explain why he specifically was chosen to turn out to be alive despite what seemed like a pretty definitive end when they could've picked from any number of genjutsu users.

I'm not, because that's how these threads have been. It's always been about shipping. It always will be about shipping. You can't escape that.

If you just wanted to say that Sumire will be a talented fighter, we wouldn't be in this situation.

We don't even know if he's actually evil. He might as well be pulling a Itachi on Kara.

youtu.be/546do2gZl4M

>when they could've picked from any number of genjutsu users
Like?

Who says he's evil?

>I’m a realist
>You’re a delusional shipperfag
You say this immediately after claiming
>he thinks will be more important than the main heroine and love interest because she's his waifu
Even though I’ve said no such thing, you really are a sore loser aren’t you?

So nobody noticed the telltale Byakugan veins protruding from his eyepatch whenever he used it?

Yeah, that'll make your waifu canon, faggot.

>NaruSaku

More like NaruHina

>stop trying to replace Salad with her as Boruto's main girl
That exact sentence is the exact reason why you’re the only one here who unironically takes shippershit seriously

See what I mean? It's this shit. So don't pretend it's not about shipping.