Tfw they never met again (at least while Yoh was alive)

>tfw they never met again (at least while Yoh was alive)

Other urls found in this thread:

shamanking.wikia.com/wiki/Golem
shamanking.wikia.com/wiki/Pascal_Avaf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga
patch-cafe.net/?p=3311
reddit.com/r/ShamanKing/duplicates/6yxv8z/shaman_king_has_53_million_copies_in_circulation/
mangaseeonline.us/manga/Nekogahara
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They didn't met when Yoh died either

Well the time at the end doesn't count and was kinda what I meant by he never saw Matamune again. I meant sepcifically after he dies for good, which in story hasn't happened.

I should have said while yoh is alive, not was.

Why were there like 30 "epilogue" chapters after that? And then even more chapters before the original ending

>I meant sepcifically after he dies for good, which in story hasn't happened.
>He doesn't know
user I envy you for not reading the steaming pile of horseshit that was flowers

I'm glad that Mankin is becoming more popular here lately. All of that shilling over the years paid off even if only a bit.
A masterpiece like this doesn't deserve to be forgotten like it used to be for years.

I wish a proper anime adaptation would come out someday. It deserves it.

Flowers? What is that?
There wasn't a sequel to Shaman King, it was a single story.

You know there was one big plothole about this arc. The oversoul shit.
At the beginning of the series Yoh doesn't know what an oversoul is but here 4 years ago before that he already used Oversoul with Matamune as his Mochirei.

Pretty stupid oversight by Takei.

My nigger

Man, I'd love a proper Shaman King adaptation.
It does explain that Yoh didn't really understand that it was an oversoul at the time, it wasn't explicitly called that then.
And Yoh's initial Oversoul looked nothing like it, it wasn't until he got the second sword that it became similar.

But yeah, you kinda gotta suspend disbelief a bit for that plotpoint.

>mfw I didn't realize they were supposed to be Jewish until the last time I read it.
Dunno how that went over my head

Almost every religions were present in the manga

X laws were the Christians obviously
The jews and their Golem
Nordic paganism
Amerindian obviously
Taoism
Shintoism
Bouddhism
Antic egyptians

That was the point

Best Girl

>it wasn't explicitly called that then.
Huh...just checked the chapters in question and they refer to it as "Hyoui Gattai" but that doesn't make sense at all considering it's definitely an OS. I seem to remember Matamune calling it an OS...oh well.

Right, but I just figured it was just a robot their dad made. The connection to Judaism didn't hit me until last time I read.

Also if Buddha and Jesus were the winners for 2500 and 2000 years before respectively, who won the other fights up til now?

Well technically Matamune is an oversoul himself. The sword is just a manipulation of his form.

The Munzer family wasn't jewish I believe
It's just the inventor of the original golem in the 1st century who was

Why does Chocolove and his gang dress in african outfits when they are american, and Chocolove's spirit is from south america?
He says that golems protected his ancestors, which means hes at least of jewish decent. And his family just immigrated to the US a few years before Chocolove killed their dad.

>Why does Chocolove and his gang dress in african outfits when they are american, and Chocolove's spirit is from south america?

I don't remember him being South American, I remember him having Amerindian blood (at least in the french translation)

>The jews and their Golem
>but I just figured it was just a robot their dad made.
It was see
shamanking.wikia.com/wiki/Golem

The original golem was made by a Jew and it was let loose during the crusades. Camel found some of the old plans and made an upgraded version of it.

Redseb said that they were made by his ancestors.

>He says that golems protected his ancestors, which means hes at least of jewish decent.
Not necessarily. Munzer is also a German surname

He's a south american indian according to this translation.
Could be an intermingled family. Redseb said they were immigrants to America, so they could just be german. And perhaps just the family name changed, intermarriage and whatever

Page? I don't remember this.

Wrong translation most likely
The fact that Chocolove gets Pasval Avaf which is based on a South American god says it all

Maybe it's just my memory that isn't great. I read it almost 10 years ago...

His spirit literally controls Macchu Picchu
shamanking.wikia.com/wiki/Pascal_Avaf

Hmm not explicitly stated but I'll take it
Must admit I've never paid big attention to these characters. I didn't like how they came out of nowhere in the middle of the Shaman Fight arc.

Yeah, though the golem was at least explicitly there since the airport in japan.

That's one thing about it. A lot of the major characters technically appear in the story ages before they are properly introduced, like the buddhist faction.

Mikihisa sure was a good character though

>the golem was at least explicitly there since the airport in japan.
You mean when they're ejected from the plane when they're heading for Patch Village? Must have missed that.

I still don't like how he introduced them. It just came too out of left-field and the fact that Miki was with them made it kind of odd. Didn't have this problem with the others.

Also I'm going to take a guess there were a few other characters Takei teased and never actually introduced right?

Theres also the fact that the girl seems to know hebrew. At least enough to control the robot.

So its ambiguous I suppose.

I don't get why he was these kids' caretaker but he neglected his own son
Also
Ran over by a fucking truck
JUST

>Theres also the fact that the girl seems to know hebrew
No that's her dad's spirit controlling her the whole time

Possibly. I remember there was this one guy who had like wizard looking clothes, a hat with stars all over it. He appeared a few times, even got lines while watching Yoh and Ren's final battle.

But then he never actually did anything relevant.
Yeah he wasn't a great father to Yoh. But I thought he got killed by a mugger.

Fuck, I forgot that part.

Man, its insane how poorly all of Chocolove's jokes translate.

Like 95% of them are completely nonsensical in english, and the rest just rhyme.

In french some of them were good, but most of them were probably lost in translation too

This guy?
Wasn't he Kanna's mochirei?

No, I think he's just a shaman. Kanna's spirit is like a knight, not a wizard

>I wish a proper anime adaptation would come out someday. It deserves it.
Blame Takei over rejecting one just because it didn't had the original VA or soundtrack.

Really? He did?

I guess one way to look at that is loyalty to the original cast. But thats still depressing.

I agree with him dammit
The Original VA were iconic
Megumi Hayashibara is Anna
Yuko Sato is Yoh
Romi Paku is Ren
Minami Takayama is Hao

I don't want a Mankin anime with shitty nu-Seiyuus
Jap anime studios are cheap fucks...can't even get the original cast.

SK holds up really well for a shonen, I revisited it recently as a jaded old man and honestly enjoyed it more than I ever did as an adolescent. It's not perfect but it has a lot of heart and does some interesting things.

Strong contender, but Anna kicked god in the balls, so she wins.

Anna is fucking hilarious
Was recently re-reading the chapters where Tokageroh is introduced and she refers to Ryu as "the man with the queer haircut"..shit made be bust a gut.

I never watched it in the original japanese voices and I'm sure many people in their childhoods didn't either. As long as it fits the characters, I don't mind.

Knowing how shit like Sailor Moon Crystal or Kino no Tabi get shitty "updated" adaptations, it's probably for the best. I get the feeling they'll do a shitty adaptation and try to hook people based on nostalgia, like Digimon Tri did.

If like Bones just went full Brotherhood, I think it could be good.

It has some really great characters in it and the story is very good.
Yoh in particular is such a badass chill MC
Good lord when he suckerpunched the fuck out of Lyserg...I pity Naruto/Bleach kiddies they don't know what they're missing.

FMA is a special case because it's much, much popular than SK could ever be. It shows that they wanted to give a proper adaptation and the studio was very dedicated to it.

SK has fallen out of focus over the years, and I don't think a studio would make an adaptation if it's not to get bucks from nostalgiafags.

>I never watched it in the original japanese voices and I'm sure many people in their childhoods didn't either.
Ewww 4Kids version sucked other than the Intro
And the only people who will watch this are Japs and us real oldfags...if it gets lucky it might gain a new fanbase experiencing the series for the first time.

I went to look up that part, and now I'm reading the whole thing for the 157th time. Fuck you.

I hope it'd be more faithful than that and represent all the various art-styles used in the manga. Takei's early art-style was so damn good and the old anime never represented that choosing to use the later design which is a goddamn shame since Takei's early art-style was the best and most expressive.

>Ewww 4Kids version sucked other than the Intro
> Not watching based spanish dub
You missed out, mate.

>if it gets lucky it might gain a new fanbase experiencing the series for the first time.
I have my doubts. I have the feeling SK don't fit in with the current trends anymore. It hasn't aged well.

>FMA is a special case because it's much, much popular than SK could ever be
This is a huge lie
FMA didn't sell that much more than Mankin

Mankin is around 53 million copies sold whilst FMA is around 67
The problem with Mankin is it got cut short back in 2004(partly because the author was tired of it and partly because Jump were cunts back then) so that dealt a bad blow to its reputation.

But the fact that this series managed to get revived several time and get a (crappy)sequel that was also very popular is a huge testament to the staying power it has and how loyal its fanbase(mostly in Japan) is. I mean fuck...Anna is the local mascot of the Aomori police.

I mean the dude was even offered an anime adaptation recently and this is 2 years after he stopped doing Flowers when that magazine got axed.

Takei did the character design for Garo, didn't he? If that's how his style translates into modern animation I'd rather not.

Alright I admit I thought you were talking about 4Kids version
I know the Latino Dub was faithful

>I have the feeling SK don't fit in with the current trends anymore.
And DB Super does? What are current trends anyways? Isekai's?

>It hasn't aged well.
I disagree. Better than any of the shit of its genre being published today.
If they made a proper anime adaptation of it today you'd see so many people jumping on that shit just like they did with JoJo and other old series that have been getting revivals recently
It's art-style is especially distinctive and eye-catching enough to draw in new fans...it just has to have the opportunity to be seen.

Nah I'd imagine they'd use the character designs from the middle of the manga or something.
His art got worse and worse over time but it didn't get noticeably worse until the new Kanzenban chapters

It seems this happens to so many manga artists. Their early works have such creative and distinctive style and look so well execute but over time their style become generic and "normalized"

user FMA has two anime adaptations, two animated movies, a live action movie, videogames, light novels, etc. While SK got axed back in the day FMA kept going and got more popular while SK fell into obscurity.

Yes, SK made Anna the mascot of the Aomori Police but FMA has covered much, much more ground than that. It simply doesn't compare.

Also many other old series have gotten modern adaptations in the last few years, it's not that weird. I'm not saying SK is unpopular, but FMA clearly got the bigger audience.

Lip and Rap are damn cute too.

>user FMA has two anime adaptations, two animated movies, a live action movie, videogames, light novels, etc.
So does Fairy Tail you retard
I'm talking manga sales.
Live action movie is a thing only because Brotherhood was a success

Also FMA was a monthly manga while Mankin was weekly. Much easier to actually do a monthly manga than a weekly one.
If FMA ever got canceled there's no chance it would have ever been brought back let alone have a sequel.

You're grossly overestimating FMA's popularity just because it's popular on the west. You seem to think it's DB/OP levels of popular but it's not even as popular as Bleach.

>Mankin is around 53 million copies sold whilst FMA is around 67

Look up your facts before posting this shit.

> FullMetal Alchemist
>67 million

> Shaman King
> 26 million

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_manga

See

Reminder that Hao is a giant hypocritical baby who caused much more suffering than he ever personally recieved.

Interesting news
Apparently VIZ shitters have quietly removed Mankin and other Takei series from their digital store
patch-cafe.net/?p=3311

I can only dream Takei gives the rights to Kodansha and Kodansha USA makes a proper translation of the Kanzenban version because the VIZ version was a piece of shit

Maybe. Maybe we finally get a full translation of the series, because the fan translation kinda sucks

This.
He didn't deserve being the Shaman King.

>source is from 2011
Check your sources newfags
reddit.com/r/ShamanKing/duplicates/6yxv8z/shaman_king_has_53_million_copies_in_circulation/

The Mankin series has sold a lot more since then with the Kanzenban and Flowers/Zero

>because the fan translation kinda sucks
Eh it's alright(just make sure to read it on Batoto which has the highest quality scans available)..certainly better than the awful VIZ version

But then this happened.

Admittingly a spinoff but still.
I assume VIZ never translated Beam as Bimu

The series never claims he deserved to be Shaman King tho.
Anyone who had the Reishi would've gone insane like he did(which is why Anna is so fucked up)...his best friend Matamune betraying him twice didn't help either.

>I assume VIZ never translated Beam as Bimu
No they translated "Osorezan Revoir" into "Mt. Osore Le Voile" the fucking redditors

But the worst thing is all of the censorship in it and the dub names and shit. I mean even 4kids kept Chocolove's "stereotypical" lips but Viz digitally edited them.
Not to mention they never translated the Kanzenban version so no Kanzeban ending

Id assume they kept the lips mostly because its easier to edit still pages instead of animation.

But yeah, the lack of kazeban ending is enough that I'm okay with the viz translation going away

Yoh not liking humans has always been a thing since they treated him as a demon child when he was a kid. Manta was his first human friend.
The difference between him and Hao however is that Yoh had his grandpa, his mom, Tamao and eventually Matamune(temporarily) and Anna. And he didn't have the Reishi so he never wound up hating them. In fact Hao criticizes him in one of the end chapters because he can't bring himself to hate humans pic related

Matamune would usually say Hao was a kind person and that the Reishi corrupted his heart(before that his mother being killed also played a part)

>This is including everything...normal/deluxe volumes, SK Flowers, zero and possibly remix volumes.
FMA still sells far more with the manga alone, not counting spinoffs or side materials.

user you're still missing the point. FMA outdoes SK in popularity by far. I don't know why you're so butthurt about it but it's the truth.

And since it won't get a new adaptation we'll never know if it gets the Brotherhood treatment or not.

Honestly, I love Shaman King much more than FMA.
But I don't have any illusions about it being more popular, especially not now.

>The series never claims he deserved to be Shaman King tho.
I know it doesn't, but it's unfair how it almost seems to agree with him. SK as a whole has a dubious morality.

Why do the last couple of chapters always pump me up after all this time?
I get so excited and grin like an idiot every time I see Ren in this page

Is anyone ever going to translate this?

Except it doesn't. FMA just got extremely lucky to get that anime adaptation on 2009 otherwise it'd be forgotten nowadays and that's the truth.
Give me a break.

I never said it was more popular
I said it was close to it's popularity(at least in Japan). And this is without a proper anime adaptation like FMA had in 2009.

Is this Takei's new manga? I heard he started a new one. How's it doing?

>but it's unfair how it almost seems to agree with him.
That's the Great Spirit choosing the most powerful shaman.
Yoh could have killed Hao pic related
But saving Hao was the end goal all along and it was hinted since Osorezan Revoir arc when Matamune regretted having betrayed his trust.

It also lines up with Yoh's character of always trying to save people.

>FMA just got extremely lucky to get that anime adaptation on 2009 otherwise it'd be forgotten nowadays
Sure, buddy, sure.

Man, Mankin-Trad is fucking useless

That's one of his new manga
He has another manga about a cat samurai called "Nekogahara" which is licensed by Kodansha USA

You can read it here
mangaseeonline.us/manga/Nekogahara
You can also download them from Madokami

It's the truth
Few people even cared about FMA before Brotherhood came out and all of a sudden it blew up on faggot sites like Reddit and MAL

Yeah but I have to agree with Even with the Reishi Hao is a huge asshole and gets away with doing a lot of awful shit. The fact that he remains unrepentant makes the whole "saving" pointless.

The original FMA was pretty beloved even if Brotherhood has mostly supplanted it.

You have no idea what you're talking about. A lot of people lost their shit when the manga announced the ending, and before that there was the movie.

Look I never said SK was not popular, but thinking it's on the same level as FMA is just silly.

I remember reading Mappa and the other omake about Hao's backstory. Made me feel like shit. Matamune is the eternal bro.

Ahem.

Too bad Hao devoured their souls and was laughing like a nutjob while doing it.

>That insane Goldova

How sad

Is this one of the battle shounen with the highest bodycounts? Hao kills almost every character that shows up.

You're ignoring the fact that he was stuck with the Reishi...FOR 1000 YEARS

And also it did not make the whole "saving" pointless at all. Until Flowers it pretty much seemed like Hao had calmed down and had a change of heart(and even in Flowers after Anna and Yoh die and fail him he doesn't kill the humans)

The fact that Hao closes the black hole he made because Opacho was about to be sucked by it showed that Yoh got through to him and showed that he still had kindness underneath all of that hatred.

The thing is while the point of saving him is to save humanity the real point is somebody finally showing him unconditional love. Once again Matamune used to always talk about how true love is trusting on somebody without doubting them. So basically Yoh and the other decided to forgive Hao and trust in him. This is the message of the series people don't seem to get it...it's Love. It's a strangely deep message for a battle shonen and one many people seem to not grasp even though it's spelled out for them because "B-b-but Hao killed so many people RAGHHH"...bitch X-Laws killed a lot of fucking people too yet I never see any of you bitches complaining about them and you're too quick to forgive them and forget.

The ending feeling kinda "uncertain" is the whole point. It's suppose to convey that even though the Yoh and co. don't know what will happen for certain they'll continue believing in Hao doing the right thing.

It's fucking crazy how people don't understand this ending after so many fucking years when the whole series is littered with themes of trust/love and it's the whole core of the series.

That's all nice and good, but you can't expect people to forgive the character that is explicitly shown to be an asshole, continuously ruining people's lives, trying to excuse everything with "it sucks to read minds". As I said, the fact that he doesn't regret anything he did, neither asked for forgiveness just makes it all worse.

>but thinking it's on the same level as FMA is just silly.
Not at all since I was speaking about Japan specifically
It was popular enough to get revived/get a kanzenban release with new ending after getting canceled. How many series do you know where that actually happened?

As for the west it never caught on because of the horrible 4kids dub and also the manga was very slow to be licensed too. By the time Viz started publishing it the manga was already canceled in Japan.

I remember quite a few people online getting excited for the final kanzenban chapters too.
It's such a weird coincidence that both FMAB and Mankin final chapters came around 2009. That would have been a great moment to make a new Mankin adaptation.

Man...when Matamune would talk about how he suffered from guilt for 1000 years for betraying Hao and when he would describe what True Love is...I came close to...heck I always feel teary-eyed when I read some of those pages. You wouldn't expect Shaman King to be an emotional manga based on its artwork when you first read it but holy shit.

>Not at all since I was speaking about Japan specifically
I was, too. It still doesn't reach their level.