Jesus was a myth

Name one historical source from Jesus Christ's lifetime that mentions him. Sources from after his death don't count.

Attached: christcucks.jpg (812x677, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4bLlpiWh9-k
youtube.com/watch?v=3x6aOBqc9d0
cais-soas.com/CAIS/Religions/iranian/Zarathushtrian/zoroastrianism_influence.htm
biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/did-jesus-exist/
ccel.org/j/josephus/works/JOSEPHUS.HTM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I guess you don't buy new books written about the Civil War?

If Jesus is a myth then Jesus is a meme.
What does the Jesus meme represent?

YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF SOLOMON

Attached: 1489448893810.png (2236x1000, 3.05M)

lulz and cats

Attached: 017-FUNNY-CAT-MEME.jpg (450x410, 61K)

This video has NOTHING to do with the bible
youtu.be/4bLlpiWh9-k

that's what i found funny about Peterson, he dismisses any historical issues with the bible including the existence of jesus and just peddles the uber-hero meme bullshit.
every religion needs a foundation myth and jews are taught culturally to create really fantastic stories, like how "how i died in Auschwitz ten times|

The talmud

The bible is composed of multiple historical writings/documentation of Jesus, from before and after he died.

Except there were books published during the civil war, about the civil war.

Attached: file.png (1079x773, 203K)

lel
As a meme Jesus represents Altruism, an Aryan virtue. Christianity is the largest Aryan religion in history, even though Jews pervert it.

Youre dumb af OP.

Jesus was a real historical figure and is a proven fact. Its up to you to believe if he was the son of God.

my gut is telling me poo-in-loo gypsies were the ones who founded the religion of Aryan Envy aka being a fucking jew

>Jesus was a real historical figure
Name someone alive during his lifetime, outside of scripture, who recorded his life or actions.
>inb4 you can't

Attached: christian cucks.jpg (1200x938, 314K)

Jesus taught Zoroastrianism, not Judaism

Shew shew back to /r/atheism retard

youtube.com/watch?v=3x6aOBqc9d0

By Publius Lentullus

"There appeared in these our days a man, of the Jewish Nation, of great virtue, named Yeshua [Jesus], who is yet living among us, and of the Gentiles is accepted for a Prophet of truth, but His own disciples call Him the Son of God- He raiseth the dead and cureth all manner of diseases. A man of stature somewhat tall, and comely, with very reverent countenance, such as the beholders may both love and fear, his hair of (the colour of) the chestnut, full ripe, plain to His ears, whence downwards it is more orient and curling and wavering about His shoulders. In the midst of His head is a seam or partition in His hair, after the manner of the Nazarenes. His forehead plain and very delicate; His face without spot or wrinkle, beautified with a lovely red; His nose and mouth so formed as nothing can be reprehended; His beard thickish, in colour like His hair, not very long, but forked; His look innocent and mature; His eyes grey, clear, and quick- In reproving hypocrisy He is terrible; in admonishing, courteous and fair spoken; pleasant in conversation, mixed with gravity. It cannot be remembered that any have seen Him Laugh, but many have seen Him Weep. In proportion of body, most excellent; His hands and arms delicate to behold. In speaking, very temperate, modest, and wise. A man, for His singular beauty, surpassing the children of men"

There are many others but this is one of the few which mentions his physical appearance

Jesus taught Heaven is like a Paradise.
Jews didn't and don't believe that.
For Jews the after-life is just death.
The Zoroastrians came up with the belief the after-life is like a paradise. Even the word "paradise" comes from the Avestan word (Avesta is the Holy language of Zoroastrianism). Jesus blended Zoroastrianism with Jewish culture.

faggotry

Watch the video, you're retarded

>The letter of Lentulus is regarded as apocryphal[2] for a number of reasons. No Governor of Jerusalem or Procurator of Judea is known to have been called Lentulus, and a Roman governor would not have addressed the Senate in the way represented.[3] However, the Deeds of the Divine Augustus list a Publius Lentulus as being elected as a Roman Consul during the reign of Augustus (27 BC-14 AD).[4][5] Also, a Roman writer would not have employed the expressions "prophet of truth", "sons of men" or "Jesus Christ". The former two are Hebrew idioms, and the third is taken from the New Testament. The letter, therefore, gives a description of Jesus such as Christian piety conceived him.

Letter is fake retard

JC lived in a region where 95%+ of the population was illiterate, and where many documents that did exist are lost to history.

Even tho Jews co-opt Christianity why do you think they hate it so much?

Attached: zoroaster britannica.png (982x303, 48K)

Provide a source not a screencap you retard, also this isn't proof jews *may* have done it =/= jesus did it

The terrorist friend has the answer

Jews hate christianity, they hate Islam, they hate all other religions. They hate "the goyim". But since christianity reformed their jewish traditions, they HAVE to reject it or else they wouldn't be jews.

Yids could care less if some negro builds a singing church in Africa to go "ooga booga hallelujah" - because they hate and want to replace WHITE PEOPLE.

>Letter of Lentullus
Fake 17th century forgery.

Attached: file.png (1521x728, 234K)

The 19th-century scholar Friedrich Münter believed he could trace the letter down to the time of Diocletian, but this is generally not accepted by present-day scholars.[9]

>(((present day scholars)))

>muh Wikipedia

Lel

Catholic encyclopedia is even harsher about it than Wikipedia.

Attached: file.png (1324x276, 69K)

Zoroastrianism taught there is one all-good God and one all-Evil Devil at least 500 years before Judaism came around. This is the first real monotheistic religion.

cais-soas.com/CAIS/Religions/iranian/Zarathushtrian/zoroastrianism_influence.htm

I’m sure they do

Attached: 5B46C4F4-7D19-4B9E-8859-6FF52EB1E786.jpg (1024x682, 108K)

If you don't trust Cahtolics, why would you believe the letter was real -- it was "discovered" and promoted by Catholics.

biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/did-jesus-exist/

Modern Catholics are not the same as 1400s Catholics who would burn Jews at the stake

>Tacitus
born 50 years after Jesus died, not a source from Jesus own lifetime; also, he wrote describing what Christians said about "the Christus", he named no other sources for information about "Christus"
>Josephus
Born 70 years after Jesus died. Worked for and portrayed that the Flavian Caesars as the "return of Christ". Still not a source from Jesus own lifetime.

Attached: pagan_christs.jpg (474x1575, 192K)

Josephus

Born 70 years after Jesus died. Not a source from Jesus own lifetime.

Attached: josephus.jpg (250x374, 20K)

Lol, why lie.. Josephus lived when Jesus was murdered

oops my bad, he was born 37 years after Jesus was born, not 70

Attached: file.png (458x252, 32K)

Attached: 2.jpg (750x473, 140K)

There were many. But according to your logic Socrates didn't exist either... for only Plato wrote about him after his death.

Don't you see the fallacy of your thinking?

Fuck Atheists are morons... seriously.

Josephus was a contemporary of Christ.

((atheists))

Flavius Josephus

So it seem that Josephus was the only source

>But according to your logic Socrates didn't exist either...
Makes you think, huh?

Every surces listes Josephus as being born at least 30 years CE, so if Christ died at age 30, then he was born 4~ years after Christ died.

Born in 37 AD, after Jesus died. Not a source from Jesus own lifetime.

*at age 33

>Jesus is a myth

Josephus.

Attached: 1508962937946.png (645x729, 93K)

Attached: truthaboutzeitgeist.jpg (1061x576, 467K)

Harry Potter. Check mate atheist.

Attached: IMG_1759.jpg (640x640, 53K)

Based Croatia
America’s greatest ally

Attached: 99050BD5-E34C-40A8-B5B9-D283B782FF26.png (400x400, 143K)

Read the thread, dumbass

Attached: IMG_3330.jpg (963x1024, 82K)

If the claim was that Jesus is an exact copy of all those myths, that would debunk it, but that's not the claim. Hey at least you tried.

Attached: 1518993044012.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

There are actually acknowledged theories claiming that Socratese was just a character made up by Plato.

This is what you look like op

Attached: 74EF433D-6076-4092-9A2D-C005D59D7729.jpg (1285x914, 472K)

You're so fucking stupid. Kill yourself immediately.

Attached: da1QbW3m.jpg (320x246, 19K)

is it me or have i seen this exact same reply by (you) a day or 2 ago kek

>barely any sources on any of the Roman emperors during their own lifetime
WTF THERE WERE NO ROMAN EMPERORS

All of us in America know Croatia is our most solid ally
Israel is just a meme

>maximum rage
All out of arguments to try, loser?

Attached: laughing.gif (480x228, 469K)

>barely any
Is still some. Keep trying to damage control this, but it was obvious from the start.

Attached: 1470079230144.png (668x795, 36K)

I get the ''question everything'' mentality but with some things it is retarded to do so.
>inb4 you can't
Correction, with most things for you.

Attached: tacitus-annals.jpg (401x600, 122K)

I don't understand the intent of the question. What does it prove? Are you implying that if we don't have a source written during his time then we can't say he was objectively real? The first actual writings we have about Alexander the Great were written 300 years after his death. Does that make him any less of a historical figure?
You can't be exclusive with scripture. Examine each book as a piece of historical literature. Were these actually written by people who were alive during this time period. All the literature and historical digging, even by people trying to disprove Jesus point towards the answer that sources in the Bible were written around 30 years after his death, easily accomplished by somebody who lived during his ministry.
Aside from all of this absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Wow, you're right. There is no historical source for Jesus life. I guess we just have to have faith that he lived then. But also, that's interesting that he has similarity with other myths and cults. Almost like he was a borrowed idea. Its really obvious even.

Attached: file.png (960x720, 679K)

>t.

Attached: 0CC36A36-F1B9-4256-89CB-58263C061889.png (418x408, 103K)

Tacitus was born after Jesus death, not a source from Jesus lifetime. Sorry.

You got me. I can't name one person from Jesus's lifetime who left written record of his existence. I also cannot name any contemporaneous writers who mentioned Moses, Zoroaster, The Buddha, or Confucius. This was back when most people were illiterate. So, of course no one wrote down anything about Jesus until after his movement was already a big thing. If you still think that Jesus doesn't exist, then tell me why a movement that already exists would invent a fictional founder, and how they would not immediately get found out as liars?

>DURR I'm too stupid to realize I've been BTFO multiple times in this thread
>LOL NO ARGUMENT U MAD I TROL U WHY SO MAD

Lmao. Fucking autistic retard.

Attached: 1514386775518.jpg (637x631, 26K)

>I also cannot name any contemporaneous writers who mentioned Moses, Zoroaster, The Buddha, or Confucius
Then why do you think they weren't myths?

>He expects internet and ample scribes to exist 2000 years ago in Judea.
There's no photographs of him either. CHRISTKEKS BTFO

Shoo, Jew, shoo

Mathew
Mark
Luke
John
Josephus
Tacitus
Suetonius
Pliny the younger

all first century writers, all mention Jesus

Not only are there ancient sources confirming he existed, there is no reason for the early church to make up that there was the man who was the son of and got killed. If he was actually made up the early church would probably say he ascended into the heavens or something not that the son of God was killed by mere men.

If there is anyone made up in the bible it is probably everyone in Genesis since that book was written by one man, Moses, thousands of years after the events in it supposedly happened. For all we know Genesis could just be the fanfiction of some guy who was high enough to talk to a burning bush.

gunna need full names.

Attached: 23453564657.jpg (720x539, 39K)

because outside the little fan-fiction circle no one has heard of these people.

Attached: 1520191631617.jpg (705x527, 247K)

Because if a movement that already existed for decades invented a fictional founder, then everyone would immediately realize that they were lying.

Jesus was real, and so was Mohammed.
Both have historical records corroborating their existence.
You know who doesn't?
Moses.
The crux of the Jewish faith is that Moses led his people out of Egypt, where the Jews were kept as slaves by the Pharaoh.
However, not only is there no corroborating evidence that there were ever any Jews in Egypt at any point, but recent evidence suggests that the Egyptians did not use slave labor at all, instead paying skilled workers a wage and housing them properly.
If there were never any Jews in Egypt, then Passover didn't happen, nor did the Exodus, nor the 40 years in the desert.
Whether Mohammed received messages from God is debatable, as is Jesus' ability to perform miracles. Both men existed and passed down teachings, whether those teachings came from God or not.
There's no evidence of Moses ever existing, and the stories revolving around him seem to be pure fabrication.

Attached: jesus.png (525x700, 628K)

learn history numbnuts, Josephus alone can corroborate the existence of Jesus, i think he also mentions his brother and a couple other new testament figures. And that guy was writing a history of the Jews for the Romans.

>He expects internet
Never said I did, you sound desperate.
>ample scribes
There are records of minor people from that era. But not Jesus, who was a miracle worker and son of God. Pic related is a receipt for the purchase of a French slave girl named Fortunata by a Roman soldier. Its from roughly 50 BCE to 80 CE. We know they existed, but no records of a man put to death by the state for sedition until almost 100 years after he died, and the only sources are the cultists who think he was God's son?

lol Good job Christcucks

Attached: file.png (300x240, 158K)

if you a worshipper of these figures are unable to name them what reason do I have to go ahead and even view what you are telling me is inaccurate.

>recent evidence suggests that the Egyptians did not use slave labor at all, instead paying skilled workers a wage and housing them properly.
its all a crock of shit, they cant explain how khufus was built in just 20 years

>there is no reason for the early church to make up that there was the man who was the son of and got killed.

Rome needed a pan-imperial religion for slaves and foreigners, how convenient that Josephus was a Roman propagandist who quelled rebellions, that Rome had to be the center of this new religion, and that the main character of this cult said "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's"

how more obvious can you get

also
The Old Testament original version was written in greek not hebrew.

There is no historical sources, but the Christians will lie --which is anti-Christian because it's a sin but they don't care-- and claim fake documents are real.

Here ya go faggot it's only a thousand pages or so, start reading

ccel.org/j/josephus/works/JOSEPHUS.HTM

New books about the civil war reference sources from the civil war.

> First Christian writings are within 20 years of Christs death
> His movement was already a problem for bothe Jews and Romans in that time
> No effort made by either party to disprove his existence
> Apparently a myth

Atheists are desperate.

If you made up a demigod, would you make him some poor carpenter that died at the hands of mere mortals? I would probably make him some invincible superhuman with powers and shit.

The mental gymnastics preformed by the early church to prove Jesus was the son of God is enough to prove his existence. Doesn't mean he did miracles and shit but he definitely existed.

Full of inaccuracies, too. It took 100 years for a definitive account to be written

Oh look a low IQ retard who doesn't know history, hows community college pedro?

The Talmud attests to his existence, but it depicts him as a heretic. Don't know if you would consider that a legitimate source.

furthermore all this bs archeological evidence about finding a "Yeshua bin Yosef", this is one of the most common possible jewish names at this time period, it's like finding a russian named Ivan Ivanovich, or an american named John Smith, or a german named Hans Muller, or a swede name Lars Larsson, etc etc

the whole story is vaguely constructed on purpose

the jews were actually expelled from egypt according to some greek and egyptian sources

>name one historical source from Jesus Christ's lifetime that mentions him

Show us tangible records of your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather or you are a myth.

>If you made up a demigod, would you make him some poor carpenter that died at the hands of mere mortals?
But he was the son of God not "just a carpenter". His actual career was performing miracles and making prophecies. Nice try at pilpul tho. See how your Jewish religion makes you act like a jew?

Attached: file.png (1516x1200, 3.52M)

You are demonstrably false. Even secular people disagree with you. You are ignorant and just made a fool of yourself.

Anybody can justify anything

Attached: Praying works.jpg (670x1097, 353K)

>ccel.org/j/josephus/works/JOSEPHUS.HTM
Dude
Have you ever read any of this shit?

1. WHILE the holy house was on fire, every thing was plundered that came to hand, and ten thousand of those that were caught were slain; nor was there a commiseration of any age, or any reverence of gravity, but children, and old men, and profane persons, and priests were all slain in the same manner; so that this war went round all sorts of men, and brought them to destruction, and as well those that made supplication for their lives, as those that defended themselves by fighting. The flame was also carried a long way, and made an echo, together with the groans of those that were slain; and because this hill was high, and the works at the temple were very great, one would have thought the whole city had been on fire. Nor can one imagine any thing either greater or more terrible than this noise; for there was at once a shout of the Roman legions, who were marching all together, and a sad clamor of the seditious, who were now surrounded with fire and sword. The people also that were left above were beaten back upon the enemy, and under a great consternation, and made sad moans at the calamity they were under; the multitude also that was in the city joined in this outcry with those that were upon the hill.

Many also of those that had been put in prison by the tyrants were now brought out; for they did not leave off their barbarous cruelty at the very last: yet did God avenge himself upon them both, in a manner agreeable to justice.

>Full of inaccuracies
Regardless, sources from the civil war, about the civil war, exist in droves. Even receipts for purchases of slaves and wine still exist from when Jesus is said to have lived. No records of Jesus until 100 years later when a cult about him formed.

>First Christian writings are within 20 years of Christs death

Rome was non-preliterate, just about everyone could write, all of these jewish messianic writings (promoted by Roman-Jewish scabs like Josephus) popping up conveniently around the time of the roman quelling of jewish uprisings is not a coincidence

if jesus was legit there'd be far more contemporary documentation than there was, like someone mentioned elsewhere in the thread they had bookkeeping on EVERYTHING