Dr. Stone

After being serialized for about half a year, what does Sup Forums think about Dr. Stone?

It's good imo

I only read a few chapters and I didn't like it. Gave me the impression that the manga-ka wasn't that smart, even though her was trying to write a genius character.

>half a year
It's already been this long? Didn't even notice.
It's fun. I don't await a new chapter every week with bated breath but I enjoy reading them a lot. It got much better when the focus shifted to village.

Not a fan of the art style, so I've never been able to read it.

I quite enjoy it, it's science made easy in manga form. I don't think Boichi's art style fit this type of story too well though.

You know what will be perfect? If Inagaki and Nisio switch partners, so Boichi provides the art for Nisio, and Akatsuki draws Dr Stone.

I already miss his old friends
Wrote them out of the story like that was low

A smart character written by an unclever person. Each chapter was more obnoxious than the previous

It's not bad. I want Tsukasa to win though.

Chrome is a based bro

Pretty much this.

Kukukukuku you big oaf.

It's pretty okay, worth about the 5 minutes it takes to read.

It's The Big Bang Theory of shounen manga

Sup Forums ignores it, but Japan likes it aa was ranked 1st in the last shone jump ranking.

It's pretty stupid.

Why are people saying the author is dumb for writing a smart character?
The smart character has never done anything that doesn't make sense or impossible to know. just because the character is one-dimensional doesn't mean it's something like the Sherlock TV series. If you knew about science, you'd know what he should do, and he would do it. If anything Dr. Stone is the Rick and Morty of shounen manga.

I can remember a single dr. Stone thread that reached bump limit, did boku no hero academia also has death threads until much later or always brole the limit?

*Can't

DS lacks development. All is too superficial and fast. The author tries too hard to be epic all the time.

>doesn't mean it's something like the Sherlock TV series

>all these complains about stuff i can't see
Once again i get proof that i am a simple guy who never takes seriously anything i like. I am happier this way.

It's pretty bad desu

I was not very impressed at first, but when it put the original endurance retard guy on a bus and changed focus to the village I liked it like 10x more.

Yeah, Japan agrees, after the idiot and his waifu were removed and changed for gorilla and primitive science bro, the rankings skyrocket.

It's okay

does it have any petrification fetish in it? looks like it does

if it does ill read it

>Gave me the impression that the manga-ka wasn't that smart

He's not.

Knowing that it was the same guy who wrote Eyeshield 21, I was prepared for an over-the-top action/sci-fi/survival manga, which is probably why I've been able to enjoy it.

But yes, Dr. Stone is high sci-fi, through and through, and anyone expecting a well-planned battle of wits will be disappointed. It's Star Trek, not Foundation.

It was drastically improved once they got to the village plot - the story with Chrome and the villagers is 10x better than the nonsense the manga started out with.

Like it literally should have just been the concept of "guy who knows everything in a stone age village" and cut out all the high school nonsense, and the stupid antagonist sub-plot. Lots of paint-by-numbers shonen writing that should have never been suggested from the start.

Why does Senkuu look so fucking buff here, he's supposed to be a weak scientist.

I think you misunderstood. Some sci ridic genius, literary genius, or mathematical genius is not necessarily going to be kekaikuing everyone. In fact most of them will seem completely stupid to most normal people who do not care about their particular area of expertise. Aka autism.

But the manga is basically boring. I do not care at all about the current conflict.

The the stone thing fixed their bodies when it broke, make them fit but not more stronger.

Ironically, the progression is the plot's biggest flaw.

Do they really expect us to believe that Anarcho-primitivism-kun wouldn't be extremely suspicious that the MC's friends suddenly want to join forces with the guy who killed their friend less than a day ago?

Think people take manga too seriously

We can't really say anything about that until we see then again. Maybe chaosguy suspect but accepted them on the idea he could conviced them to join his side for real, after all he like senku and really wanted to be his bro, but their ideals came in conflict, like in SMT games.

He's been living a prehistoric life for a year

Tried reading the first 3 chapters couldn't do it. Tried again and couldn't get past the first 4. Not sure why my suspension of disbelief is pretty high for shit like JoJo, but not for a series like this. For some reason I can't help, but think this shit is way to stupid. Which is a shame since I do like the premise.

it had Trump in the first chapter
instantly dropped

There are a lot of petrified people but usually there isnt a focus to one petrified person...

In boichi land every man is an adonis and every woman looks like they lost a couple of chromosomes

Good point, I forgot how cocky he is

It seems that most people here have the same idea about the series, and i do agree but I still find its a fun read as a manga but if it gets an anime series hell no, i wont spent more than 5mins the week for this. Also the antagonist is stupid and his plan would never work.
Also im the op but from the phone...

Boichi is a fucking madman for having 2 weekly series at the same time.

how long until he turns both into garbage like Sun Ken Rock near the end?

KINO

>the antagonist is stupid and his plan would never work

True, and the story itself admits that there will always be people like Chrome to rediscover science and develop civilization once more.

His role is more of a foil to the MC's personal ambitions, who wants to reclaim modern technology within his own lifetime.

It's funny, as soon as I found out that Boichi wasn't the writer, I immediately was willing to give Dr. Stone a chance.

I like it, it's really good.