Why doesnt every NEET in Japan become a mangaka? Just learn to draw and make rip off western fantasy ala dungeon meshi...

Why doesnt every NEET in Japan become a mangaka? Just learn to draw and make rip off western fantasy ala dungeon meshi. These things sell like hotcakes

Easy money with no degree required.

>why neets dont start learning skills in order to earn money
gee i dont know maybe they are lazy fucks

Wait outside Marcille, nobody likes you.

How do you think these people all became NEETs in the first place?
By being lazy, unproductive, talentless sacks of shit.

You can be a NEET and having skill, user. Just take a look at 60% of mangaka.
All NEET, user, all NEET

It seems you are unaware of just how many manga fail, or just barely make ends meet.

Don't forget all the shit manga remain untranslated.

Anyone hazard a guess at what % of manga that would be?

There's a ton of people who do exactly that and fail miserably. Even if you learn to draw well (which is easier said than done), you need writing skills and a lot of devotion.

Dungeon Meshi is successful because apart from generic RPG pandering, it's actually funny, has great art, and its premise is a fairly unique twist.

Drawing quickly at high level isn't easy. You might just as well ask why they don't play piano. Its just pushing buttons at correct time, it can't be hard!

If every NEET became a mangaka there would be too much manga, so demamand would go down. Also there would be so many bad manga that it would be really hard to find a good one. Why? Because not everyone is so talented to create a good plot.

maybe 80%, I don't know

after moving here I finally understand just how fucking many manga there are. There are so many magazines I'd never heard of, stuff not given an entry on baka, it's absurd. It really is a big business

Pretty sure we get less than 30% of anything, good or bad

80% is optimistic, I'd say 95%

high possibility

Another thing that surprised me after moving, though, was the realization that scanlation is honestly quite big. If it's even halfway notable, SOMEBODY has at least TRIED translating it. New manga get higher priority though, of course.

>stuff not given an entry on baka
Is there a version that japanese people use?

>Easy money
Anything is easy as long as you actually work.

There's just a ton of scanlations that do a few chapters and then stop, or fall behind hopelessly. The percentage of manga with *some* scanlation is far higher than the percentage of manga with *reliable* scanlation.

Possibly. Wouldn't know.

By the way quite a few magazines are now also available in digital, which is nice. Don't have to scan shit, just download.

Marcille alone is enough, is there an elf more perfect?

How about they just dont learn how to draw, dont learn how to write then publish a LN?
That seems like a better option because retards read that garbage, there are even people on this very board who reads LNs.
Imagine that.

Because drawing a (weekly) manga isn't easy. It takes a lot of time and hard work, while at the same time you have to think of a good story to keep your work published.
And just because you can draw a manga doesn't mean you'll get published in a weekly or monthly magazine.
If you're shit (and slow) at drawing the most you'll be able to accomplish is publishing a doujin every summer/winter comiket, which doesn't really make you a lot of money, especially if you're not already famous/have a big following.

This is actually a far better option.

>writing skill
Just rip off tg

Also this, becoming a LN writer is way easier for a NEET. Just copy whatever genre is trending and post them on a web novel site and hope some publisher picks up your novel for publishing.

That's only marginally better than ripping off s4s

Three hours of free time a week? Get to work!

>tfw it's easier to become mangaka in France than in Japan

>Look at this schedule one has to adhere for a year or two and then theyre set for life
How horrifying

This just looks like japs being shit at productivity.

Would love to see Miura's

>mangaka
>NEET
How fucking retarded are you?

Can confirm, I'm currently working with a japanese mill builder on a big international project, and the degree to which they don't have their shit together is astounding. It's making my shitty company look competent by comparison

Japs are notorious for working overtime because they cant keep deadlines.
They consider this a good thing while in Europe they'd be considered incompetent for not being able to do their designated task within the 8 hours of work they have for the day.

>Set for life
>Implying every mangaka is that lucky

>Why doesnt every NEET in Japan become a mangaka?
Are you asking this seriously? Because you'd have to be retarded not to understand the very obvious issues inherent to this dumb-ass question.

>just take a look a 60% of the people working a shitty unstable work with heavy deadlines that regularly leads to early death from overwork, stress and japanese cancer cold.

mangaka are like the opposite of neet
NERR, Not experiencing Entertainment, Rest or Relaxation

You only think that because you don't realise how much work it is to write and draw 20 pages of a manga every week.

>Implying every mangaka is that lucky
Its not luck, most of the popular manga have rather mediocre plot and art. Average mangaka is just retarded ergo they cant even get rich off the easiest method there is in japan

>how to be good at writing and drawing: just don't be retarded
shit I'd better tell /ic/

Or maybe being a mangaka isn't some magic job where you get boatloads of money simply for existing. Did your parents drop you as a baby?

>chapter 38 Marcille compared to chapter 1 Marcille

What the fuck happened Sup Forums?

They don't have to do the plot themselves. Seikon no Qwaser was a collaboration between Hiroyuki Yoshino the writer (not the voice actor, mind you) and Kenetsu Sato.

I'm an aspiring writer, and I wouldn't mind hiring a NEET who claims he or she can draw, provided he or she has more bite than bark.

It clearly is, you just have to have a brain to rip off lotr

Storyboarding for 18 hours straight then sleeping two hours is simply being inefficient.
He probably just lied though about his schedule.

the japanese aren't efficient, they just pretend to be

Farlyn (human) a cute

is this the rise of the elitoo neetoo?

that's implying Dungeon Meshi was ripped off you fuck

Its literally the plot off DnD and LoTR

Current one is a lot better.

You're going to have to explain this to me. Dungeon Meshi is obvious about its influences, but it's not a rip off of anything.

her ears gained weight

All the moster food has made her thiccer.

Learning to draw from scratch can take years depending on the person, and regardless, why the fuck would you WANT to be a mangaka if you didn't already have a passion for drawing/writing stories? Mangaka are shut up in their houses drawing almost 24/7 in order to meet weekly/monthly deadlines, they go through a pretty awful amount of stress and are usually very sleep deprived, if you don't genuinely love what you're doing it'd be just as much of a soul crushing job as anything else.

> the gnome priest has golem control totems

ILLEGAL

On the bright side, they don't waste hours daily, cramped in a train...

>it has elves and dwarves so it's exactly like LotR
2/10 made me reply

95% probably. my wish list is full of stuff with only the first chapter translated. Never mind stuff like Capeta with untranslated gaps in the middle because the anime covered it already.

Sherlock Bones was translated, user

oh..

boat boat boat boatboat

(You)

Why don't every loser in burgerland write a book instead of shitposting in social media demanding nips to cater to their taste all the time?

>implying they dont
America is the biggest supplier of popular literature

You'd earn more money flipping burgers.

>Just rip off tg
tg are among the worst writers and poster in Sup Forums.
So much fluff without substance and meaning, just for the sake of being edgy and to pander to their inferiority complex.
If you want to steal compelling fiction but don't want weebs to find you out, just steal content from Sup Forums since that's what all western writers do nowadays.

That is China, Japan and Britain though.

Its not enough with learning to draw though.

If you are top tier drawing it doesn't matter if your stories and characters are shit, but most mangaka also need to have interesting stories or won't be published.

Of course you can achieve great things with just story and mediocre art, but is LOT more hard than achieve success with top tier art.

>If you are top tier drawing it doesn't matter if your stories and characters are shit
>most mangaka also need to have interesting stories or won't be published.

Then why does every popular manga have same boring Isekai or shonen story?

Because those are initially novels, not manga, the manga versions come out later when the novel became popular and the success of the manga version is guaranteed.

There are not much isekai out there that doesn't come from a novel or web novel, no one would publish that shit directly as manga.

UNLESS as I said you are top tier artist know by your art, regardless of your shit stories. Pic related, original isekai manga (not adaptation) but is made by the guy who made Qwaser

Too taxing.

I've been basically a neet since I finished college 13 years ago, at this point I could be talking Japanese fluidly, I could be drawing masterpieces, I could be programing a game or I could pretty much anything.

Still, here am I, unable to read moon in the slightest and unable to draw a shit. At most I can make mediocre coloring with photoshop.

If we had just a bit of willpower we wouldnt be neets

Prob has "idolmaster"in a lot of the boxes

>easy money

They are. See: the current state of Marvel

No, it's Wizardry with some kind of food/cooking patch

I was talking about the plot desu