Are there any oldfags who regularly use Sup Forums today?

Are there any oldfags who regularly use Sup Forums today?
I got on in 2016 after coming back to Sup Forums for the first time in years and recently took a hiatus and I have noticed a difference in the thread content/quality in that short time.
Is Sup Forums mostly recent arrivals (like me) today? And has the amount of users declined in the last year/few years?

Attached: 1500875906377.jpg (640x633, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIeEotdOVew
youtube.com/watch?v=CNcDC8wJiRE
youtube.com/watch?v=arisT3U-SSc
youtu.be/VOhAFyZ5wZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The shills are trying to "dumb down" Sup Forums by spamming it with garbage bait and demoralization threads.

I started in 2008, it's a lot different now

Attached: thelastoutpost_hd_181.jpg (1440x1080, 360K)

Same, I remember when it was just all weird ass shit and creepy posts. Then the torrents were awesome.
Actually it’s still kinda like that

Ive been here since 1973. It's a lot different.

Ahahaha

>2016
>Old fat

Cunt I got here in 08. Fuck off back. You're literally the cancer

op is still a phaggot

you fucking reddit fags invaded during the election. everyone started to think they mattered

this place was always better on dial-up

Thanks for the info
I just said I was a recent arrival. Living in the southern hemisphere has rushed all the blood to your brain.

▲ ▲

To be honest things seems to be duller compared to back then. I dunno if its because main stream has tooken a bite out this site or a lot of the ppl who were here while back just picked up and left.

Never been on reddit, still not sure what its about, just that everyone hates it. I was shown Sup Forums in 06 and went back on a decade later out of boredom to find nothing but cuck and trap shit. So I came here out of curiousity and stayed for awhile.

Sup Forums has grown, mostly normies and redditors since the election

we fair weather nao

I been here since before Romney/Obama

quality has decreased some, but it was always a matter of searching through noise. lrn2filter

My favorite part of Sup Forums culture was kek and memetics but thats really died down a lot lately.

Lol the internet didn't even exist in 73

Yes, it's become very hostile for no reason, and infiltrated by intelligence agencies

Thats what I felt, but again, Im new to this board. It kind of feels like people arent as invested as they were. Im just curious how many bona fide oldfags still lurk and if its a dying thread. When I came through the election was in full swing and this place really opened my eyes to media lies. Im from California and couldnt understand why people could love Trump.
By election night I was in full support, one of the most mindblowing nights of my life. Then there was HWNDU, but after a year of nigger hate/whats your favorite Nas album threads I felt like I needed a break.

First wave /new/ here. It's a mixed bag but a lot of newfags as always. A ton of the oldfags left after the second deletion by moot to e i ght chan (sorry about spelling and spacing not sure if the site is still word filtered. Yes, some of the ancient word filters are still on this board.)

Content quality is kind of mixed. The memes are better and like always there is a hot fresh one just waiting around the corner it just takes time and the right event to come along. Discussion of topics is pretty abysmal though. You can still stumble across people having intelligent discussions about things but there is a lot more shitposting now.

I don't know how long you have been gone but yes this website has caused enough a splash to advocate large waves of organized shills beyond JIDF. It's unfortunate but at least we are making the kikes waste their money on us. The nice thing this boards influence has grown way beyond Sup Forums itself no matter how hard they try to clamp down on it in other places.

youtube.com/watch?v=CNcDC8wJiRE

Attached: 1500938220710.png (680x798, 529K)

Been on 4ch since 2004. You have to remember that this isn't some seekrit club as there are literally beat reporters who sit on here waiting to do a write up of the latest internet nazi fad

The mean, median and mode of the age of Sup Forums users is higher than pol and its users delude themselves into believing.

Way higher.

Attached: dorisday.jpg (3024x4131, 846K)

its slow, its subverted, its shit. Sup Forums used to be contrarian and 90% aussie banter. i guess the oldfags took the deathpill and now all we have are shills

False. I was on the internet in 73. It was shit though because fucking hippies were worse than furries and liked nigger shit like rock and roll.

Thanks, amd Ive also noticed Sup Forumss influence on other boards after taking a break. It seems beyond belief but I do think more people are coming around, for better or for worse. Shit, when I came back to society, a HS friend started texting me about (((them))) and the migrant crisis. I kind of told him to relax a little but then I found Sup Forums and realized exactly where he was getting it from.
>this isnt some seekrit club
But it kind of used to be tho

found Sup Forums in 2006 and visited it a couple times and then forgot about it, then returned to shitpost

ive been on Sup Forums since 2008 ish, ten years...Sup Forums was very entertaining back then. Constant raids and hacks, the beginning times of memeing. It was truly a blast. Now I lurk on Sup Forums and /sci/ maybe once a day after the election. In my past, Sup Forums is only good when elections are around.

been here since 2006

2016 was the climax of the the golden age of Sup Forums

now, it is a huge political threat and organizations spend millions trying to subvert Sup Forums. The bulk of oldfags moved over to fool chan during events such as Sup Forumsharbor

Attached: pepe-meets-the-blood-moon-.png (500x441, 133K)

this.
^because of these^

Same, started ~2007 as a huge Sup Forumstard. Had a lot of fun and never browsed any other portion of the chins. I feel like your picture sometimes.
remember this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=arisT3U-SSc

I stopped wrating thoughtful paragraphs when they stopped getting replies, which started in 2015 after Trump announced his campaign. We killed what we loved for him. It was worth it I think, we all have to move on and let the younger guys work out the basics in their own

you should see Sup Forums. so much corporate shilling it's disgusting. they've ruined out shitpile

Well I mean I been fucking around since YTMND days when getting women on livejasmin to get shoes put on there head. When you compare to things then vs now, specally with recent meme flags we have now its just not all that funny anymore. You have a few brief moments here and there, like the trump campaign and HWNDU stuff, but compared to things like Jessi or Steve Job's fake death.
Also

It got so gay after 2016 election and the reddit flood

I came here in 2007 and lurked until 2010 because I was convinced making a post on this site would get you v&. Also op a newfag and he needs to die

Sup Forums was always shit though. It’s just become a derivative reddit offshoot where dissenting opinion is blackballed

Thanks, happy to hear I made it to the board just in time.
Have to go back to this, I agree the shilling is 10x harder than it was just 2 years ago, but also the backlash for saying anything minor. I think shills have succeeded in creating a culture of aggression and paranoia here that hampers constructive political discussion. Meanwhile, people are making threads about their favorite hip hop albums and it stays on page 1 until the limit.

I'm not sure if I'm an oldfag, but I going to Sup Forums, specifically Sup Forums, around the time the anime Lucky Star became super popular. I thought it was shit after about 6 months and left.
Came back after gamergate looking for like minded people to agree on the fact that feminists were fucking crazy.

Before the thread dies, I just want to hear from oldfags, has the traffic died down considerably in the last 5 years or so?
Or was the election the absolute peak?

Sup Forums-harbor was equivalent to election night. Both nights were shit horrible as the traffic was so high it was making the website lag.

Can't say really. Traffic in general on this board is pretty fast. The election really brought this place to full steam and it kept that way for sometime after until the shilling got ridiculous to the point where people were screaming at the fucking mods to do something. If they just got ban happy about the shilling for like a month it would have really cleanup this place. Shit wasn't even subtle which was the huge issue. It was just spaming of the same threads with the same photos over and over and over. I mean there is still some of that but imagine the front page being nothing BUT that.

Remind me, what was Sup Forums harbor?
I feel like that was one reason why I left. Things seemed different within a year of Trump winning

I've been here since 2013 because of the Zimmerman trial. It seems like there's more traffic due to all the shill posts and sage threads but the quality is worse. People are falling for the bait and wasting time replying to them, sucks man. On the bright side many of those shills will get redpilled and eventually buy into the ethos, but it will take time. We have truth on our side and they can't deny it forever, I know I tried.

Minor Threat is gay, but Guilty of Being White is good

Thanks, man

Minor Threat is not gay. Ian mackaye may not be that badass, but the music and what they were about in the 80s was based

Punk rock isn’t based faggot. It’s childish and stupid. If you’re an adult and you’re still into Minor Threat, you’re dysfunctional.

Been around since 08/09. Quality of the board has decreased overall from all the shills, stormfags, and redditors. The point of no return is the day more people would unironically vote for Trump over Ron Paul

Also, anyome involved in Minor Threat/Dischord would hate you for being anywhere to the right of Bill Clinton. You know this to be true and you shouldn’t support it.

You can abstain from drugs and alcohol without drawing Xs on your hands and being an edgy fag. Just think about it some.

You the guy that keeps making those "whats Sup Forumss favorite hip hop album" threads?

Who gives a fuck what DC hardcore from 3 decades ago would think?
I have a house a family and a good job, I just like the music and used a pic for the thread. I wasnt trying to trigger you, buttfuck, calm down

I've been here since 2008. Started woth Sup Forums like everyone and then I branched out over the years. As much as I enjoyed Sup Forums of ages past I still think Sup Forums is greater in every way, shills and all. The redpills alone make this place greatly superior. That's just my opinion, though

Thanks, same

Hello friendly-friend. Been here on & off since winter of 2003; on the internet since 1977/78-ish.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Welcome Back My Friends - Live In Montreal, 1977
youtu.be/VOhAFyZ5wZU

A lot of 'em beat feet for cripplechan

t faggot that wears eyeliner and listens to depeche mode

It's sad. I'm an originalfag. Probably one of the only left. It's frustrating how many oldfags just don't have any real fight in them. So many just abloo bloo bloo'd about content going to shit while never making any content themselves and then they just gave up and left. I had to bring to fore just about every pattern spotting technique I have learned through this place just to proverbially keep the lights on in the joint.

The redpills started on Sup Forums, but without the catalog function you had to scroll through threads and go through each page to see more. I miss how long threads with lots of interest would stick around before archiving became a thing. I feel like a grampa sharing stories with grandkids or something. Christ.

>Thank you for your service senpai.

>I remember that too. Also, a lot more conversation back and forth between anons. Now you’re lucky to just get a (You).

I came here around 2009 to check out Sup Forums, came back for the election - Sup Forums is more heavily shilled and used for AI testing/IC trolling wars

You'd have to ask some of the actual oldfags who were here prior to 06/07 how things changed after Sup Forums got media attention for the first time

good guide to shills

Attached: shilling.png (720x8640, 2.41M)

>Now you’re lucky to just get a (You)
That's by design, used to be easier to have conversations here and they broke that down to decrease genuine human interaction and increase isolation so we're easier to manipulate

Attached: 2qq8.png (476x482, 110K)

I miss greentext stories.

That would sure fit into the model of the other social engineering schemes afoot.

Cripplechan is arguably even worse, everyone thought that was going to be the new holy grail after GG but today it's usually just faggots sitting around virtue signaling to see who is the most pure, practically the same thing as leddit

The election showed that this place can have serious resurgences though I still believe we will bounce back and make 4chaim great again someday when the time is right

Election time was peak tho this is now the most active board. Wtf does it matter, its busy here even if quality has leveled off some. It will peak again if theres a happening associated with MSM like Sup Forums did with the Fappening even though thats a slow board now

Attached: 1512923879941.jpg (857x994, 210K)

>oh no, things change over time

oldfags get out

Attached: 1520712398254.png (219x230, 9K)

I got a three day ban for posting about Trump's meeting two days ago with video game industry execs for off topic posting after getting like fifty replies within minutes

Indoctrinated into Sup Forums late 2008
Moot was a faggot but he was a lynchpin that kept this place and its dwellers on their toes

Now we just have our information sold instead and lotta hat wearing faggots think they run the site.
I was a fool to think /PTG/ was just a bit that would go away after we got /ourguy/ in the big white house and everyone would chill the fuck out

Sup Forums should have been carpet bombed after the elections
Sup Forums rhetoric works only in the context of Sup Forums
when you get midwest moms who fear gangstalking and opened bottled water drinking from Sup Forumss fountains, suddenly this side of the scope gets a whole lot more unlikable.

I wish hillary won just for the outrage and shitposts

Across the whole site among its biggest boards I wanna say yes
3 years ago or so I would never ever see a thread last longer than 6 or 7 hours tops
Ive gone to Sup Forums lately and seen threads I thought were identical to the day prior but turns out was just the same thread

I used to spend morning till night on this shit heap
now I check maybe like once a day like i would an email or my old kikebook

Faggot
yeah things change and thats not bad
but when you change the shit that keeps the whole place together, the people who posted the things you like just don't want to visit anymore. Feels like 2010 all over again

pretty much but not really shills just in general transplants, leftypol, and others

It's been steadily downhill ever since the chanology / moralfags turned up in 2008.