Why did she touch his face while being strangled? seems out of character desu

Why did she touch his face while being strangled? seems out of character desu

acceptance

women never accept beta males

Maybe she accepts him as a friend, but not a Chad. Asuka only likes those.

>calling Kaji a chad
>ok

This fad of calling everything chad/virgin can't end soon enough

Are you saying he isn't? He's charming to all women and is on James Bond tier missions.

James Bond is now a chad?

Its the greatest and most epic meme, it shows self insertfags they can't get stacey's like Asuka

>what is tsundere

Asuka luuuuuuuuuuvs Shinji

James Bond is an Alpha not a chad

Because she loves him.

2013 Saboten Con.
YM = Yuko Miyamura (Asuka's seiyuu) TG = Tiffany Grant (Asuka's voice actor)

>Q: Does Asuka really like Shinji?
>TG: Are you stupid?
>YM: No.

Tiffany Grant confirms she does with the Tsundere catchphrase.

Yuko Miyamura is just seething.

That was before "are you stupid" was a tsundere catch phrase, and Yuko is Asuka's true Japanese voice actress. She knows more about Asuka than you, Asuka X Shinji is nothing more than a crack ship. The staff laugh at the prospect of them as a couple.

Seiyuus are just roasties reading lines, their interpretations are worthless

Please stop pretending to be a Kaworufag.

t. Actual Kaworufag

Sageing this thread with no survivors.

>Yuko Miyamura is just seething.
What's her problem?

Many of the Eva and Gainax staff have always rejected the notion of Asuka and Shinji ever being a thing. They called it raining all day, they can never be Hikobishi and Orihime from Tanabata.

I'm neither actually, I was once an Asukafag but after reading the quotes from all of hte seiyuus and the staff that Asuka only used Shinji for validation, not love. I have changed my mind. I made a mistake misinterpreting the characters for escapism. That's not what Eva is about I've come to realize.

We don't know that she has anything against certain characters, but we do know that Eva's production was very rough on them mentally and physically.

Ridin' through this world

They both went on a introspective journey. Shinji was no longer afraid of hurting others and Asuka was ready to stop hurting Shinji so much.

reminder that shipping shinji and Asuka is just plain old cucking.
real patricians ship Asuka with themselves.

Okay, but please dont bring my husbando Kaworu into this.
I dont want him with Shinji, I want him with me.

To let him know that they weren't in the LCL Sea anymore. So he stops, you know, strangling her.

This is dumb.

If Asuka and Shinji weren't interested in each other romantically and sexually their relationship would be a ton smoother. Asuka would not be nearly as angry with Shinji as she gets if she wasn't infuriated by a boy she likes backing down instead of letting loose the strength she sees flashes of.

To be honest I find the whole notion of shipping one character with the other completely absurd.
As you said, when I ship Asuka with anyone, it's with myself. If I'm making shit up to begin with why can't I be the one enjoying it.

Isn't love supposed to be about wanting to do anything for that person you care most, even if means sacrificing everything that makes you, yourself. Shinji may have hormones, but they don't care for each other. Their relationship is shown in a bitter light if anything.

>Shinji and Asuka may have raging hormones
whoops my mistake

They do care about each other but their own fears about getting hurt by risking getting closer to the other leads to them make things worse.

So, you know, part of the whole central theme of Eva.

The ending shows that they're not afraid anymore.

>Voice actress knows the character better than a virgin that watched it 30 times

Shippers ruined Evangelion

Then why did Asuka say those harmful things about Shinji in episode 16? Why did Shinji decide to kill her? None of it makes sense to me, a person who cares about someone wants to protect them no matter what. I can't see it with them no matter how much I try.

Then what are we supposed to believe?

Because she hates herself and deserves to be strangled to death.

it was the only thing she could think of to get him off of her

Because Asuka is a traumatized child lashing out of anger at the world and self loathing.

She needs him. It is literally spelled out as the title of the final act.

This comment is packed with a lot of humor and I don't know why.

Did you miss that whole thing about hedgehogs?

Miyamura never truly understood Asuka's character. Anno has said as much. It's why he hounded her performance so much through the series production.

Isn't that metaphor is about desire for love despite their spikes hurting others? It could explain Shinji and Asuka's desire for piloting Eva, people to like them, but doesn't answer the ambiguiity of their toxiv relationship.

Can I have a source on that?

>Although Hideaki Anno has always been known for being a tough director, not much can compare to Yuko Miyamuras experience doing her voice for Asuka Langley Soryu. Most specifically during her time working on the final instalment of the series The End of Evangelion.

>Once all of the lines for the film were recorded, Anno was dissatisfied with her performance and summoned Miyamura to the studio to revise her final line. Seeing as the scene was between both Asuka and Shinji, Megumi Ogata was brought to the studio as well (despite it was only Miyamuras line Anno had problems with).

>In the original script Asukas finale line was Anta nankani korosareru nowa mappira yo! which can be translated to Id hate to be killed by a bastard like you! But no matter what Miyamura tried, Anno remained unsatisfied with her, leaving both Miyamura and Ogata at a complete loss as to what needed to be done.

>Anno then had Ogata straddle and choke Miyamura just as Shinji did to Asuka during the final scene in the film. It was so rough that Miyamura had difficulty speaking for the rest of the day. In Miyamuras 2005 Anime Yawa interview she told the story of what Anno said to her after the choking idea failed.

>At last Anno asked me Miyamura, just imagine you are sleeping in your bed and a stranger sneaks into your room. He can rape you anytime as you are asleep but he doesnt. Instead, he masturbates looking at you, when you wake up and know what he did to you. What do you think you would say? I had been thinking he was a strange* man, but at that moment I felt disgusting. So I told him that I thought 'Disgusting. And then he sighed and said, 'I thought as much.

Well Anno doesn't directly say that she didn't understand Asuka's character. To me that quote just looks like he was struggling with the right line.

This.

>tfw Rei fans are the only part of the audience that loves their favorite character

She used to hate Asuka and Eva and she didn't want to understand her. There's an interview in the manga.

What I don't get it if at the end Shinji accepted that even though people are hurting it's still worth living and because of that humans will regain form once again. Why is he nearly choking the first person he sees to death? Weird first thing to to given the choice he made.

I'm curious for the people posting in this thread. What do you make of Asuka's line in ep 22 (mind rape scene) where she shouts at a picture of Shinji "Why are you standing there! You won't help me! You won't even hold me!" It then flashes to a scene of her being sullen post kiss with Shinji, presumably angry he didn't embrace her.

Now, if she didn't love Shinji, why would she say that? I don't see how you can not see that as an expression of love, unless you want to get into a semantic debate and say that Asuka didn't truly know him well enough to call it love. Maybe you could make an argument that somewhere in End of Eva she came to a realization of things and her feelings changed, but that's a bit different from saying she never loved Shinji.

Yeah that original line sounded like shit

I don't think she feels "love" in that she doesn't have a rose-colored vision of herself and Shinji in her mind. If anything, it's more like a puddle of old honey and dirt, with larvae, rotten leaves, etc. She would need years of a peaceful world to be able to love normally.
As it is, everything related to positive feelings seems to disgust her. On top of that, the guy she likes is like her but somehow even more pathetic (she did graduate super early and achieved far more than him) so I can imagine the very idea of love is repulsive. But hell, there's still honey in that puddle.

He gave her pain
He finally got an award for it.

she's clearly going for an eye gouge in that pic.

It's specifically referenced several times in the series. As far as the ambiguity goes, remember that both of them have been basically psychologically abused since they were ~4. One possibility that has some merit is that this abuse might have been deliberate, to mold them into pilots who would risk their (otherwise meaningless) lives to pilot, and then fall apart when they were no longer needed, so that they wouldn't interfere with anyone's endgame scenarios.

As such, it's hard for them to truly love anyone at all, especially themselves. That said, I do believe that the potential is there, and that each is strongly attracted to the other at their "best"--Shinji is attracted to Asuka's assertiveness and to the quiet moments when she is actually kind to him, and Asuka is attracted to Invincible Shinji-sama who jumps into volcanoes without protective gear to save her life, and actively fights alongside her (beating her scores while acting cowardly--in her eyes, at least--is conversely the worst combination, to her).

In the end, the last scene--One Last Final: I Need You--is confusing and ambiguous as anything, but I do believe that each has the potential to become exactly what the other needs (as opposed to wants). Nobody else can understand them, or relate to the things that they've been through. It most likely wouldn't be a storybook romance, but a tale of a co-dependent couple who keep each other going when it would be so easy to just give up (again).

Bond is more than a chad. He's an utter gentleman.

They're not just attracted to the other one's best. Each one knows exactly how much hatred and pain the other one's capable of. They've seen the worst and still decide to accept.
That, at least for me, is the positive message behind Evangelion. If the two most isolated people in the world can learn to love and accept each-other, at a moment where everything seems hopeless, then everyone is capable of doing it, and deserving of it.
Omedetou.

It has plot reasons. Its also in the op.

>Anno then had Ogata straddle and choke Miyamura just as Shinji did to Asuka during the final scene in the film.

That is some dedication.

>This fad of calling everything chad/virgin can't end soon enough
No way, just like baneposting, it is far too effective.

shinji thought he was still in the intrsumentality project and wanted to strangle asuka
asuka touched his cheeks making him understand that its irl

Do you think she got turned on, at least a litle bit?

The thing is though I would believe that she did like him if she wasn't so doki doki around Kaji. Like a completely different person. So she can be affectionate when she wants to be.

What about Shinji though? Is he capable of affection or dies he just want to stroke his ego and use the Other for that purpose?

Jesus fucking H Christ, you people, how many times do we have to go over this? The entire point of Eva is that relationships are complicated and difficult. Shinji and Asuka's feelings for each other change backwards and forwards throughout the story, and they sometimes even hold contradictory feelings at the same time. That's the entire point.

Asuka and Shinji are two damaged teenagers shoved together in a life-or-death struggle for the future of the world. They feel attraction, and dislike, lust, and love, and disgust, and like, and uncertainty towards each other at different times and at the same time in one big hormonal, emotional mess.

If you think Asuka and Shinji don't like each other, you missed the point of Eva.

If you think Asuka and Shinji are some sort of star-crossed lovers, you missed the point of Eva.

Well he cooks for others. gets along well with Rei, Toji and Kensuke. So he's certainly capable, even tries to be nice to Asuka but she finds that condescending.

Good to know, I always though about him as a little bit of a selfish prick.

I made a freudian slip and saved the image unironically as "asuka compasson". Maybe I can redo.

Selfish? He's always nice to Asuka and she bullies and demeans him.

Where is this from?